• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
Seks, 8bitgeorge, Razor and I just had a few good games. Wasn't laggy till the last couple. We showed the other team who's boss and I even got myself an ace pin on valparisio defense. So, so close to platinum on the knife too.

And yea, as of this moment 7 people out of 14 on my FL are playing RDR and nobody is playing BC2 :|

I'm taking a break (got a charge cable for my laptop at last).

Oh and seks is giving me the silent treatment. I'm surprised he wasn't cussing me out :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
JaxJag said:
The only stat the 360 is blowing away the PS3 version is repairs...

No one must play as an engineer on the PS3.

No, we do. It's just no one will stick around for me to repair. (*cough*Strike, today*cough*)

Strike said:
Oh and seks is giving me the silent treatment. I'm surprised he wasn't cussing me out :p

I was doing work, son. What the hell were you doing, running off? Bitch, you whine and whine and whine and whine about fucking <D 2.0> and you could've taken Second set B on Nelson Bay Conquest FOR YOURSELF if you had simply spawned Recon on me while I was sitting there reconning instead of assault. TOO BAD! :p

Happy now?

The combination of lag + my dislike toward the SPECACT weapons are really killing my game (AN-94/M60/PP2000,GOL/SAIGA for life:lol )

k/D, SPM, avg life stats all dropped.

Although W/L ratio went up.

TheSeks

Eternal Sleeper said:
The combination of lag + my dislike toward the SPECACT weapons are really killing my game (AN-94/M60/PP2000,GOL/SAIGA for life:lol )

k/D, SPM, avg life stats all dropped.

Although W/L ratio went up.

Once you have the SPECACT achievements, they're all mostly "buh-bye" and more using the costume/outfit than the weapons.

The M95 (in shadows/jungles) is useful, otherwise the only useful one is the UMP-45 SA. The M16 isn't that good (bursts suck, unless using baby buff damage option/AKA: Magnum Ammo) and the MG36 SUUUUUUUUCKS.

1stStrike

Banned
TheSeks said:
No, we do. It's just no one will stick around for me to repair. (*cough*Strike, today*cough*)

I was doing work, son. What the hell were you doing, running off? Bitch, you whine and whine and whine and whine about fucking <D 2.0> and you could've taken Second set B on Nelson Bay Conquest FOR YOURSELF if you had simply spawned Recon on me while I was sitting there reconning instead of assault. TOO BAD! :p

Happy now?

See, now I feel better. It's weird not to get an ass chewing from Seks :lol

Also, I think I accidently ran over you in hardcore the other day when you were repairing me...

Anyway, I had bigger problems then that today. When I was playing with Razor on Port Valdez I was backing up and fucking backed up too far and went over the edge into the water :lol

And, yea, I'm impatient. I've also taken a dislike to wookie. Assault is just so much more practical. I actually have a positive k/d ratio with assault (it's like 1.01 or something lol).

If you want me to change class though send me a message. I can't read your mind :p

BTW, I finally have my laptop up and working again so I no longer need to post on a tiny blackberry screen. It feels good to actually have a computer again...

However, this also means that I can once again be productive, so my BC2 time is going to drop a bit while I continue work on my projects.

IceMarker

Ugh, I wanna play this game so bad again, but I've been waiting until they release the patch for PC that's supposed to be the best major patch since the server browser overhaul. HURRY UP DICE!

TheSeks said:
Once you have the SPECACT achievements, they're all mostly "buh-bye" and more using the costume/outfit than the weapons.

The M95 (in shadows/jungles) is useful, otherwise the only useful one is the UMP-45 SA. The M16 isn't that good (bursts suck, unless using baby buff damage option/AKA: Magnum Ammo) and the MG36 SUUUUUUUUCKS.

Well the trophies are the only reason I'm even bothering with them.

M95 - I can live with...I don't snipe that much anyway.
UMP-45 SA - Can't stand it. I actually like burst firing my gun, so the lower rate of fire makes it more ineffective for me.
M16 - Much more erratic recoil compared to the AN-94, mehhhhh
MG36 - yeah......what is this garbage :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Demize99 said:
Yes, spamming select causes the cool down, not successful spots.
Interesting approach.

Dear EA:

Pleasefix the lag.
with much <3 Fersis.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, i just LOVE when i go out of my way to repair a vehicle, and they just drive away mid-repair.

*SRSLYdog.jpg* It's bullshit. I see them sit for a minute. I start to repair and they haul ass. It then becomes "COME BACK WAYNE TANK!" and they get blown up a minute later.

Strike on the Lighthouse Rush map stopped for a minute. I start to repair. He hauls ass into the water, I die (from some defender) and see Strike get blown up in the respawn screen. I'm like:

"*CitzenKaneclap.gif* BRAVO, STRIKE! REAL USE OF THE TANK!" :lol

Eternal Sleeper said:
MG36 - yeah......what is this garbage

It's mostly trash, HOWEVER if you're on Rush/Conquest and actually have a good "funnel point" and able to reload safely and be kept in ammo (as the thing will practically VOMIT out all your ammo in a minute), it's a beast. It'll put the hurt/pure rape the enemy if you slap Magnum Ammo on it (but why would you do that? You're a medic. Go play assault if you want to baby buff. :|).

Strike said:
>>Hardcore<<

You were playing Hardcore? I don't ever remember playing that mode except once or twice in March and seeing it a sniper circlejerk and never touched it again.

And, yea, I'm impatient. I've also taken a dislike to wookie. Assault is just so much more practical. I actually have a positive k/d ratio with assault (it's like 1.01 or something lol).

WTF. I made you do a complete 180: "I LIKE RECON! SHUT UP!" ... ... ... "I LIKE ASSAULT, I HATE RECON NOW, SHUT UP!" GODDAMN MAKE UP YOUR MIND! :lol

However, it IS nice that you are doing more classes now. However that Lighthouse last push the recon wasn't too practical. I wanted you to cover me as I tried to rocket snipe, but the enemy took A/bombed the hell out of the upstairs after we backdoored it and held onto it pretty good. You being recon, I was kinda hopeful you would *ahem* THROW OUT MOTION MINES, GODDAMN IT. </bitch> but you didn't, so I was going in blind, you hung onto me and we both died.

The crate was like half-damaged, too. Pissed me off knowing I could've blown it but people were swarming in trying to arm it (good job, but a waste/burning through tickets) and I couldn't hit it without getting fucked while trying to guide the AT4 in. Damn.

See, now I feel better. It's weird not to get an ass chewing from Seks

I do it because I love you, just remember that. <3

Razor210

1stStrike said:
Seks, 8bitgeorge, Razor and I just had a few good games. Wasn't laggy till the last couple. We showed the other team who's boss and I even got myself an ace pin on valparisio defense. So, so close to platinum on the knife too.

And yea, as of this moment 7 people out of 14 on my FL are playing RDR and nobody is playing BC2 :|

I'm taking a break (got a charge cable for my laptop at last).

Though, we had to rely on some extremely nub tactics when the going got tough

1stStrike

Banned
Ah... too many quotes to respond to. I give up. Needless to say, I'm fucking indecisive Seks :lol

Razor: SHHHH we're not supposed to tell them about our newb tactics or how we pissed off an entire team of lvl 40's by UAV/helicopter C4ing their mcoms :lol

Is it still a laggy mess ?

I finished unlocking everything for both the Recon and Assault so now I'm gonna try the Engineer but won't bother if the servers aren't fixed yet.

todahawk

Javaman said:
I jumped out of the game shortly after I realized it was more about stats and getting stupid achievements instead of having fun. Maybe someday they'll patch that crap out.

Yeah, I know. Still.... I'm gonna get a couple more out of the way and go back to purely playing with weapons and kits that work best for the map, team and fun factor. I don't like that I become a slave to my stats at times, even if it's W/L instead of K/D.

@PS3 gaffers:
Gonna try to get on later tonight after I watch a movie with my honey.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm gonna watch LOST finale and then play probably for a few hours... we had (almost) a whole GAF squad at one point but the entire opposing team quit the game. :lol

Then I changed severs but got put on the non gaf team... haha no thanks.

methane47

mannnn i jumped into a game that alot of people with the gaf tag... And damn... maybe i wont play with you guys any more..... Its not fun..

We STEEEEEMMEEE ROLLEED THE OTHER TEAM!!

I was sprinting!!!!! and i felt like i couldn't catch up with the main squad.... they were destroying mcomms THAT fast... it was ridiculous lool

Then next thing i know.. i'm in there by myself. :(

1stStrike

Banned
methane47 said:
mannnn i jumped into a game that alot of people with the gaf tag... And damn... maybe i wont play with you guys any more..... Its not fun..

We STEEEEEMMEEE ROLLEED THE OTHER TEAM!!

I was sprinting!!!!! and i felt like i couldn't catch up with the main squad.... they were destroying mcomms THAT fast... it was ridiculous lool

Then next thing i know.. i'm in there by myself. :(

Yea, we all went to another server since they all quit.

@green: I'm about to crash for the night. Been up since 3 am, but as of right now there's no lag (even Fersis is playing) and there's quite a few gaffers still online. So, go wild. I'll be on a little bit tomorrow, but gotta be productive so not as much.

@everyone: good games tonight. We didn't win them all, but there was some good moments. I went afk for 5 minutes to take my dog out and came back lit up like a christmas tree... my whole douchebag squad tracered me :lol

Also, I'd like to announce that I now only need 3 more knife-a-friend dog tags. I added crakatak's to my collection tonight when he was on the other team :D

Az

recklessmind said:
I'm gonna watch LOST finale and then play probably for a few hours... we had (almost) a whole GAF squad at one point but the entire opposing team quit the game. :lol

Then I changed severs but got put on the non gaf team... haha no thanks.

Good you told me on time that you didn't watch Lost yet, I almost spoiled it for you.

Good games guys. I should have taken a pic of Strike lit up like a Christmas tree.

I don't care if I got knifed. I sat in the bushes and took out 3 defusers. I gave them a couple of seconds to give them a feeling of security and then blast them to death. That team was horrible.

Razor210

8bitgeorge said:
Fixed. :lol
Shit, we should do that every time on that map. You can't stop it unless you're looking out for it.

Though I realize why DICE made it so you don't get points after death now :lol :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
I don't care if I got knifed. I sat in the bushes and took out 3 defusers. I gave them a couple of seconds to give them a feeling of security and then blast them to death. That team was horrible.

lol I know. Honestly, I didn't care if we won or lost. I just set out to knife you and I accomplished my goal. I'll get that trophy someday :D

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
I was hoping to stay on that team but my PS3 froze. I'm an easy target to knife in my opinion.

No, you react far too fast. I was trying to knife you in arica harbor, but you kept shooting me :lol

Every time you're on the other team, by the time I line my sight up and take the first shots you've usually dumped half a clip into me :lol

Yeah I shot you when you knifed me as well but you were far too close :lol
It was all a blur after gunning down 3 guys who was disarming.

Look a guy who is cleverly hidden in a bush capping off guys who is disarming. It must be Crack :lol

Click

Banned
They still don't have a good clan system for the PC version, right?
It would've been nice if I played with other GAF'fers more often.
Is the GAF server still up?

Wish I got this game for PS3 instead...

Hellcrow

Interestingly, I mostly lag when I join Striketh's games. I'm located in Norway, and I guess I get to connect to awesome DICE servers or something, because I rarely experience much lag when I connect solo.

I just played for ~ 3 hours. It was lagging but meh I just can't make a big deal of it every time or my blood pressure would go up. Now I just think of rubberbanding as part of the Bad Company experience, a shitty broken part but I lost hope for it to be fixed.

Anyway I played engineer the whole time and holy shit I was owing ass left and right. I couldn't believe that I was posting better scores with the Engi than the assault. The Gustav launcher is a fucking animal, I killed more infantry with it than tanks :lol

Jtrizzy

Pick it up for PS3 then. We have a pretty solid crew that plays most nights of the week. I'm likely going to pick up RDR, but I this will be my main competitive multi till MOH or hopefully KZ3 comes out.

Hellcrow said:
Interestingly, I mostly lag when I join Striketh's games. I'm located in Norway, and I guess I get to connect to awesome DICE servers or something, because I rarely experience much lag when I connect solo.
That's because Strike is from the East Coast United States and those East Coast servers are the ones that is causing the lag.

I'm from the West Coast and I still get connected to East Coast servers from time to time.

Edit: Took a look at Demize twitter and apparently I'm kind of wrong.

"No. Most reports are from US east coast. Providers are looking at it but it's not 100% for everyone."

man, it's a sad day on the battlefield when a team is UAV bombing from the start of the game and still loses.

and damn, i was in the middle of an awesome game of spawn rape on Laguna Alta when the server decided to quit on us :(

TheThunder said:
I just played for ~ 3 hours. It was lagging but meh I just can't make a big deal of it every time or my blood pressure would go up. Now I just think of rubberbanding as part of the Bad Company experience, a shitty broken part but I lost hope for it to be fixed.

Anyway I played engineer the whole time and holy shit I was owing ass left and right. I couldn't believe that I was posting better scores with the Engi than the assault. The Gustav launcher is a fucking animal, I killed more infantry with it than tanks :lol
yeah, the Carl Gustav is amazing against infantry. oh, and AT Mines are amazing. spawn at the start, set & forget, continue playing.... minute later... double kill... triple kill... etc... my #1 and #2 source of kills in the game are AT Mines and the Carl.

1stStrike

Banned
Hellcrow said:

:(

Sorry, I'm a lag whore. It follows me all over BC2 :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Played several matches last night with full teams and zero lag.

Binabik15

I just had my second game today, quit the first after five minutes.

We raped the defenders on Valparaiso. No lag or guys not dying from knife attacks, ran smooth as hell. Every set of m-coms lasted a couple of minutes and maybe five to ten of our tickets. I got into the tank after the first m-com set and remained in there until the last set. I hadn´t died in the whole damn round and had several killstreaks (I NEED those 8 killstreaks pins, I´ve only 37/50 so far) when the path to the last set was cleared. I drive to their hill, dodge an AT rocket and...disconnect.

FML.

Cost me me precious killstreaks, my tank buddies were stranded in rocket fire without a driver and I didn´t get to see how the round ended.

Quit the game, turned off the ps3 and I doubt I´ll play again this week (to be fair, I´m away almost the whole week). If anyones plays with heli_is_great, it´ll be my brother. He´s to blame for every bad perfomance under our shared account. Ahem.

yeah, the Carl Gustav is amazing against infantry. oh, and AT Mines are amazing. spawn at the start, set & forget, continue playing.... minute later... double kill... triple kill... etc... my #1 and #2 source of kills in the game are AT Mines and the Carl.

After the patch I turned into a rpg7 whore. First live as a defender is engi with mines, the explosive perks and a pistol. After I lay down the mines I try to rampage through the attackers and take as many of them with me into hell. Second live is rpg7 plus tracer dart and vehicles weep. I´m even getting quite good at killing infantry with it.

Binabik15 said:

We raped the defenders on Valparaiso. No lag or guys not dying from knife attacks, ran smooth as hell. Every set of m-coms lasted a couple of minutes and maybe five to ten of our tickets. I got into the tank after the first m-com set and remained in there until the last set. I hadn´t died in the whole damn round and had several killstreaks (I NEED those 8 killstreaks pins, I´ve only 37/50 so far) when the path to the last set was cleared. I drive to their hill, dodge an AT rocket and...disconnect.

FML.

Cost me me precious killstreaks, my tank buddies were stranded in rocket fire without a driver and I didn´t get to see how the round ended.

Quit the game, turned off the ps3 and I doubt I´ll play again this week (to be fair, I´m away almost the whole week). If anyones plays with heli_is_great, it´ll be my brother. He´s to blame for every bad perfomance under our shared account. Ahem.

After the patch I turned into a rpg7 whore. First live as a defender is engi with mines, the explosive perks and a pistol. After I lay down the mines I try to rampage through the attackers and take as many of them with me into hell. Second live is rpg7 plus tracer dart and vehicles weep. I´m even getting quite good at killing infantry with it.
all the medals and stuff is saved as long as it's you that disconnected. they only get lost if the server crashed.

1stStrike

Banned
Binabik15 said:

FML.

AHH, so that's you. I was playing on a random team the other day and you popped onto my squad. I was like, "wtf? there's a gaffer that plays BC2 on PS3 that's not on my FL?"

and then you left :( :lol

Snowballo

Let's say you have a few friends that are not 100% convinced to buy this awesome game and that are still stuck in MW2 and you would like to use a high impact video to let their hype grows.

What is the video you would choose?

Thanks.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am really getting tired of getting shot across the board by someone with a scoped M60 in the bushes. I enjoy playing this game on console more than pc now simply because it is do hard to find a non-cheating server on pc. Perhaps I will pick up the ps3 version and play with some of you clowns. :p (I already have it for x360)

Just played more games with some friends and a couple solo after they left and holy shit the connection was perfect. You can't believe how amazing this game is when everything runs they way it should ... it's just ... amazing :eek: !!

Too bad I don't normally play at this time (6 am here) if only I could play with the same ping like the past couple of games in normal hours.

Many more people saw the wrath of my Gustav. I sometimes don't waste on tanks just to shoot at some poor bastard who doesn't know what's gonna hit him :D

Thanks 360 GAF for netting me 4 demo 2.0 kills last night. 5 down, 15 to go. I didn't get back on because I passed out for four hours afterward. :lol :lol Didn't get enough sleep the other night and was exhausted from work. I will be back on once I get back from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom