• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
recklessmind said:
Was it that close? My bad... it felt like we were getting rolled and the lag was pissing me off. :lol

We got slaughtered for most of the match, but when we retreated to the MCom station in the Jungle we almost won.

Jtrizzy and I hopped servers and it was still laggy. I'm either taking a break or done with BFBC2 for the night. Good games reckless and Jtrizzy. A lot of the time the lag made my body a magnet towards the wall and a lot of shots not registering at all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
*cough, ahem*

I now present:

I AM BAD COMPANY... TOO!

AM I FUCKING FINISHED WITH THIS GAME NOW?!

Best $60 spent. Evar.

(Now to wait for Onslaught for the trophies/achievements there. *sigh*)

Also Fersis should get DICE to confirm deny the "All Bronze Stars" emblem requiring 10 kills per vehicle and not just the "class" [light/heavy/air/sea], because that'd be insane... I've got to get 8 kills with the Hin-D in that case. :|

1stStrike

Banned
Eternal Sleeper said:
I got to stop getting on the UAV.

Striketh is calling me the UAV squad now :lol

*coughs* you mean UAV slut :lol

you are pretty good with it though. i went to use it on laguna presa to UAV C4 alpha on last stand, had the guy load it up, got 10 feet off the ground and BOOM. Hit a tree :(

I had a hilarious moment last night though (same map). I killed arecon and picked up his kit, went to switch to motion sensors and fired the M24 by accident. And then I see, "you have hilled so and so" lol. I was laughing so hard I ended up getting shot :lol

TheOddOne

Weird thing happend yesterday: I was revived by a medic but the spawnscreen was still there, I could not get out of it. Anybody else get this glitch?

TheOddOne said:
Weird thing happend yesterday: I was revived by a medic but the spawnscreen was still there, I could not get out of it. Anybody else get this glitch?
wow I thought they fixed this in the beta since it happened to me couple of times back then :lol

It didn't happen to me once in the full game so far.

TheOddOne

TheThunder said:
wow I thought they fixed this in the beta since it happened to me couple of times back then :lol

It didn't happen to me once in the full game so far.
Also I had not played it in a while (because of Halo Reach) and the first thing that happend was a update screen, updated it and the first match I got the glitch :lol

Major lag issues this morning (UK) first time I have experienced them though, bits of rubble were bouncing up and down all over the place :lol

TheOddOne

Raide said:
I have had it a few times also. Your only choice is either to Suicide or hope someone kills you. :lol
I was standing right in front of a tank and praying it would kill me. Well people where getting killed left and right, but nobody shoots me. It wasn't fair :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Just had one of my best arica harbor games. Went 31 - 7 and just destroyed peoples faces.

Also, optics is by far my favorite addon for vehicles now. I was in the tank shooting B on the 3rd set of mcom's from a distance and I took out all kinds of people sitting inside it and they couldn't do anything about it :lol

Also, finally got the naval warfare pin. I took a jet ski and a gol out onto the water on isla and wookied :D

Lag is back though (hard) so I'm back to FF13.

Oh, one more thing. How the hell do you get the flag defender pin? I used to play the shit out of conquest and I never got it. It's the only pin I don't have :(

2real4tv

Cynar said:
Conquest is really good, just Atacama Desert sucks due to the helicopters and spawn camping (not as bad as it was but if you are against a good few players who steal both heli's it's hard to recover).

Panama Canal conquest is a fun fun map. :O

I agree with lag being a problem but even with the lag it's loads more fun than MW2 ever would be.
I agree....

Add me PSN bigmanny287

The hate for helicopters at Atacama disappoints me. The more complaints towards air vehicles, the higher chance they'll take them away. I still miss jets!

1stStrike

Banned
MotorbreathX said:
The hate for helicopters at Atacama disappoints me. The more complaints towards air vehicles, the higher chance they'll take them away. I still miss jets!

The problem is more player related then anything else. When your team sucks so bad that you end up trapped in the spawn, then that's not the helicopters fault. I've been in many aticama games where tards got in the heli and immediately got shot down.

It's just once in a great while that you get a high lvl player that has spent 150 hours in an apache that rapes everyone.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
wow, finally moved my lazy ass from the couch to the desk and now I understand why people on PC are so good in this game. Need to up resolution a bit.

savor100

TheSeks said:
*cough, ahem*

I now present:

I AM BAD COMPANY... TOO!

AM I FUCKING FINISHED WITH THIS GAME NOW?!

Best $60 spent. Evar.

(Now to wait for Onslaught for the trophies/achievements there. *sigh*)

Also Fersis should get DICE to confirm deny the "All Bronze Stars" emblem requiring 10 kills per vehicle and not just the "class" [light/heavy/air/sea], because that'd be insane... I've got to get 8 kills with the Hin-D in that case. :|

That's awesome that you got all emblems but to complete the game and be a true badass you have to reach level 50.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
savor100 said:
That's awesome that you got all emblems but to complete the game and be a true badass you have to reach level 50.

Oh, I'm sure I'll reach level 50. Once DICE fixes the broken fucking emblems that are screwing me out of 200000 or so points that would rank me from 35 to 36 easily.

Edit: I've also forgotten how... primitive Bad Company 1 is now. Going back to it from 2 is just... wow. It's not bad... it just... pales... in comparison to all the stuff they did to improve the game in BC2.

Edit 2: F-F-F-FUCK YEAH! 24/6 KDR in BC1. *smooches M60*

Hellcrow

MotorbreathX said:

I don't get why not more people trace helicopters. It is pretty easy to do as long as you are patient with your shots. I've even traced choppers on Atacama and have had NO engineers shoot it down. People confuse me.

i don't even trace helis in Atacama that often, the AA is so buff that this one game where the enemy team actually stole our chopper, i shot them both down with the AA at B.

methane47

I had an awesome loosing game last night

Our team was getting RAPED in the but in one stage (snow stage/daytime?) but i stayed behind enemy lines and pretty much raped the entire team...

Started out the game 4-8 i think... Ended the game.. 33-10 Just off of back alley stabbings, close range shotties to the back.. Jump in a JUST spawned tank and spawn killing the folks... Jumping out hiding then popping out again and Knifing people..!! awesome game..

:)

I ended up the best player in that game.. even though we got swamped as a team.

Anyways... I wanna get in with some Gaf games!! someone add me PSN: methane47

1stStrike

Banned
Tried to play some conquest but lag is back in full force.

I already put like 3 hours into FF today. I can only stand so much of that shit a day.

Maybe I'll go... read a book or something :\

Hellcrow

The Faceless Master said:
i don't even trace helis in Atacama that often, the AA is so buff that this one game where the enemy team actually stole our chopper, i shot them both down with the AA at B.

Too many snipers on A or C, but guess I should use it more often.

torontoml

Ya I find I get sniped out of that middle AA fairly often, but usually I just use a tank when I'm not trying to take out a heli circling our base. I'm getting pretty good at timing my RPG for those circling choppers, since I find them quite difficult to trace.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I think they should patch the game so that after a few moments those circling choppers automatically crash and burn in glorious tail-spinning deaths. And you cannot bail motherfuckers... ride it to the ground, eat shit and die.

"Epic Fail"

1stStrike

Banned
I've about had it with these shitty servers. All I need is one fucking pin, but I can't get it because this shit lags so bad. That on top of all the bugs in the game.

Flag defender pin.

Ok, so I capture a flag and camp it. I kill 4 people and get "flag defense +30" 4 times.

No pin.

Then I join some other games and end up with a bunch of retards who get themselves stuck in their spawn.

So, I join another game and by this point the lag is so bad that shit is jerking all over the place and I can barely get in a door.

Then the game ends and before the score screen comes up I'm taken back to the title screen with a server lost message.

Fuck you EA.

Evolved1

It's pretty frustrating, the lag and everything. My VIP code isn't working for the new content either. So much bullshit...

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
It's pretty frustrating, the lag and everything. My VIP code isn't working for the new content either. So much bullshit...

What new content? The specact kit? Cause if so, yea it won't. You have to buy the kit.

Cynar

1stStrike said:
*coughs* you mean UAV slut :lol

you are pretty good with it though. i went to use it on laguna presa to UAV C4 alpha on last stand, had the guy load it up, got 10 feet off the ground and BOOM. Hit a tree :(

I had a hilarious moment last night though (same map). I killed arecon and picked up his kit, went to switch to motion sensors and fired the M24 by accident. And then I see, "you have hilled so and so" lol. I was laughing so hard I ended up getting shot :lol

pretty sure it's just the class but that insignia is bugged due to the m1 garand not counting

edit: you mentioned you're being screwed out of points so I guess you know that one :p

TheOddOne said:
Also I had not played it in a while (because of Halo Reach) and the first thing that happend was a update screen, updated it and the first match I got the glitch :lol

update was only to fix achievements, nothing else really

The_Inquisitor said:
Hey guys. My last achievement to get is Destruction 2.0. Can anyone on 360 side help me out?

Also any tips from you guys on how to get it quickly?
i just got it naturally from blowing up buildings, usually ones with armed crates...

i just got it naturally from blowing up buildings, usually ones with armed crates...

Yeah looks like the best way to do it. I am going to take a small break and play some Alan Wake before I work on that one. :lol :lol

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
I just can't express my hatred for EA's server provider enough right now.

Anyone got some C4?

We should roll up in an Abrams. :lol

xclaw

The_Inquisitor said:
Hey guys. My last achievement to get is Destruction 2.0. Can anyone on 360 side help me out?

Also any tips from you guys on how to get it quickly?

When I wasn't assault C4ing buildings I found recon mortar strikes with the explosion buff worked well... just kept calling them in on the building mcon stations non stop. Pro tip: killing your teammates also counts towards the total. Just don't forget to say ooops sorry after. ;)

xclaw said:
When I wasn't assault C4ing buildings I found recon mortar strikes with the explosion buff worked well... just kept calling them in on the building mcon stations non stop. Pro tip: killing your teammates also counts towards the total. Just don't forget to say ooops sorry after. ;)

What? I don't think TK's count. At least I was told they didnt. According to the http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats-achievements/360/TheInquistor site, I still only show as having 1 demo kill. I def. TK'ed 2 teammates a while ago.

1stStrike

Banned
knowing your luck, after you plant it and get out of there, you'll press the trigger and it'll blow up... on you.

Yes, probably, but imagine all the destruction 2.0 kills I'd get from everyone in that building.

1stStrike

Banned
Nope. That and many other bugs are still in the game.

However, for 6 bucks you can have a new outfit for every class!

Yea, priorities are a bitch.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Play the game and don't worry about getting the demo kills. I ended up getting 20...after I already got 20 :lol

Nothing beats going for those objectives in rush. Wonderful shit just happens then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom