• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think maybe the recent lag and lack of maps is hurting Bad Company 2?

I really wish they also fix the servers and matchmaking. I hate playing at night and going into empty or half-full games. Sometimes the only time I can play is at night.

Also, we need more maps, no more of these mix ups of the same ones. I'm talking about brand new maps. At least turn some of the conquest maps to Rush and vice-versa and not just one or two but like five of them.

It's more of the lag that is hurting PS3 GAF right now. Before the lag it was easy to get people to play, now I don't even want to bother with rubberbanding constantly to play with the other GAF members. If I'm not going to have fun, I'm not going to play at all.

I give a damn about maps though.

Odrion

Banned
Fersis said:
Ok, Bazajaytee needs some info about the lag so if you're having crazy lag post here with this info:

Country/Region:
Platform:
Time:

ie:

Country/Region: US /East Cost
Platform: PS3
Time: 8:00 - 9:00 PM

Thanks guys!
So the game wrecking lag has been around for three weeks now and they're only beginning to gather data about it? Fucking really?

Yeah, it's the rubber banding that's getting to me. I'm playing on the 360.

Same thing happened with BF1943, the damn rubber banding drove me nuts.

What's up with DICE? It's like every BF game gets this weird lag and rubber-banding after the games been out for awhile.

I can handle lag to an extent but rubberbanding gives me a headache. I freaking walked 3 meters threw a grenade the other day and rubberband put me back to the same spot before I walked 3 meters and the grenade was never thrown.

StayUp

The Faceless Master said:
i just looove playing conquest games where my team decides not to cap flags.

the worst part is a situation like this

I'M IN THE ENEMY FLAG CAP AREA

OUR TEAM HAS NO FLAGS

THEY SPAWN AT THE FUCKING BASE@*^@#^#@

i kill 3 people trying to cap, but c'mon i am not superman (at least not in Conquest)

Yeah i played a Atacama Desert game with you yesterday, we lost both times right with the enemy team having like 3 tickets left?

1stStrike

Banned
Well, might as well stay positive.

Country/Region: USA, New York state
Time: Mid-morning (8 - 11 am) and afternoons (2 pm - 8 pm)

It varies each day, but it's always during peek times. It usually starts out with a little bit of lag and then the rubber banding kicks in and the game quickly becomes unplayable (having to tap circle 3 times to exit a vehicle). I know it's not me, as everyone I'm playing with experiences the same issues.

Though, last night was perfect. I'm hoping that it stays that way.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks guys for all the info.

1stStrike said:
Though, last night was perfect. I'm hoping that it stays that way.
This is really odd, i joined you last night and it was unplayable!

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:

I don't know. I probably join different servers than you. Most people joined on me/people that were playing with me. I, myself, didn't experience any lag at all the entire 3 or 4 hours all of us were playing though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:
I don't know. I probably join different servers than you. Most people joined on me/people that were playing with me. I, myself, didn't experience any lag at all the entire 3 or 4 hours all of us were playing though.
Yup, i thought that if i joined you guys i would be using the same server.
Anyway, i just sent the info to Bazajaytee but the issue seems to be:
DICE -> EA -> Servers Provider.

EDIT: Yup i was right. (Which is odd)
Bazajaytee said:
Thanks, will pass this on to i3D and MyIS who run the console servers to hopefully help track something.

todahawk

Fersis said:

I didn't get to play with you Fersis but when I got on it was full blown GAF-fest. AzRim, Seks, Strike, Reckless, Razor...

First couple of games were fine but then it started lagging and rubber-banding. I gave up at midnight, it was past unplayable but I hadn't played in awhile and didn't want to bail out.

My info, been the worst late evening:
Country/Region: USA, Ohio
Time: late evening (9PM-2AM EST)

I played two quick rounds yesterday morning 7:15-7:45AM and it wasn't as bad.
Really getting tired of this though, as much as I love and support this game (and talk it up to friends), I can't keep playing with lag this bad.

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Yup, i thought that if i joined you guys i would be using the same server.
Anyway, i just sent the info to Bazajaytee but the issue seems to be:
DICE -> EA -> Servers Provider.

EDIT: Yup i was right. (Which is odd)

Yea, you're on the same server... which is probably why you lag. When you're connecting by yourself, I imagine you're generally on non-east coast servers.

I used to be in the server business and I've worked with providers before. It depends on how much the provider cares. Some might begin a thorough investigation, but others might shrug it off and just say, "Looks fine on our end. We can't reproduce this phenomenon." and continue to roll in their money.

Fersis

1stStrike said:
Yea, you're on the same server... which is probably why you lag. When you're connecting by yourself, I imagine you're generally on non-east coast servers.

I used to be in the server business and I've worked with providers before. It depends on how much the provider cares. Some might begin a thorough investigation, but others might shrug it off and just say, "Looks fine on our end. We can't reproduce this phenomenon." and continue to roll in their money.
Oh i can confirm that.

Az

Great great games last night. I really got scared at one point on Nelson Bay, before we finally got the first M-Coms with 2 tickets left. Would have been embarrassing to fail at the first set, but we actually turned the game around and won.

Lag/Rubber-banding was minimal which made me happy. I don''t visit other forums but are people complaining elsewhere?

Fersis

TheAzRim said:
Great great games last night. I really got scared at one point on Nelson Bay, before we finally got the first M-Coms with 2 tickets left. Would have been embarrassing to fail at the first set, but we actually turned the game around and won.

Lag/Rubber-banding was minimal which made me happy. I don''t visit other forums but are people complaining elsewhere?
The BFBC2 official forums are fill with lots of threads about lag and how much does BFBC2 sucks and how they are quiting the game. :(

todahawk

TheAzRim said:

I'm about to start making accounts on other forums (especially the official EA forum) to start bitching. I haven't cared this much about a online game since Team Fortress and they're just throwing all the good will away. They're going to/are losing their player base over this.

Fersis said:
The BFBC2 official forums are fill with lots of threads about lag and how much does BFBC2 sucks and how they are quiting the game. :(
Good, I hope more people do. Put some fire under those asses and shit will get done.

Fersis

greenjerk said:
I'm about to start making accounts on other forums (especially the official EA forum) to start bitching. I haven't cared this much about a online game since Team Fortress and they're just throwing all the good will away. They're going to/are losing their player base over this.
The lack of community manager (Or whatever is called) really hurt them.
Bazajaytee said that they're going to interview two guys for the job this week.

Times have changed, the devs have to be in tough with the 'community' now.
Good luck DICE folks! (They're a bunch of nice folks ... even Demize99! ;) )

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
greenjerk said:

Bad Company 1 is similar. IIRC there is talk about the awards/"I AM BAD COMPANY" achievement trophy being bugged even if you have ALL the awards (which are fucking insane to get in the first damn place, WTF DICE?)

They should give that one and "20 Squad Spawns on you in a round without dying" (seriously, who the hell is able to do this shit? Esp. with BC1 randomly choosing the squad spawn based on conditions) automatically with a title/patch update. Of course, that requires DICE getting off their ass and supporting a 2+ year old game. *sigh*

Also Faceless needs to come back to the PS3 and show me how it's done on Deconstruction. :(

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, as mad as many of us might be, it's not the people at Dice that are really to blame. Sure, the game has issues outside of lag, but nothing that really bothers me outside of a "wtf" moment (most of the time). The server issues are above them and something no dev will really be able to do much about.

Just like when I was in the military. There were all kinds of things I saw wrong, but being a low ranking guy there pretty much wasn't shit I could do about it and nobody listened to anything I had to say because of the stripes on my sleeve.

Pete Rock

Yeah, between the lag and the lack of matchmaking this game is pretty much over for me.

The other night I had a dozen instances where I got booted to dash while attempting to join a game, all within 45 minutes, mainly because that's all I had time to do after sitting through the fucking splash screens. 6 other times I was put into a server on Isla with a new bug that disallows me to do anything but quit the game. I can't spawn on an area, a squad mate, fucking nothing.

In between all of that horseshit garbage, the games I do end up playing are filled with the most hopeless Battlefield players I've ever seen. I had a team full of guys who were all over level 20, yet under 30, that couldn't figure out how to do anything.

I spawn in on Arica defense, first base, and a medic has one of our tanks sitting right next to the AT turret and sandbags, shelling off into the distance at nothing. Absolutely nothing. I spawn in the game and the enemy has 70 tickets and an engineer is standing next to this tank in the back of our base, drilling it. The guy doesn't move to give me a shot as the gunner, he doesn't move to avoid damage, he just fucking sits there. I have to exit the turret and kill the engineer, at which point I notice a fucking Humvee is parked behind him, with a guy in the turret. He opens up on me and sits there shooting our tank in the ass, which still does not turn around. I scream and hit the dirt and he still does not turn around. 3 other people spawn on the humvee, run up and C4 his dumbass.

No, DICE, I do not want to play with 8 people that goddamn retarded when the enemy team has of course two squads all over 40+ running train on these idiots. There's only so much you can do as one man, or hell even two. At that point you are just boosting these idiots K/D ratio by giving them wins they don't deserve and didn't work for. Game has soured for me in huge way since these bizarre patches and community mismanagement put it in the shitter.

It's basically the same problem as the party system in Halo, exaggerated across all of the potential good features in the game. There is an enormous difference between squads of randoms, nobody playing in squads at all, and two squads of 8 guys all in the same party. At no point in time should either of those groups face off against the other, but that's all you get in this game, over and over.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I had the best attack round I've ever had last night. The defenders were good, but my squad was better. It was one of those things where we always had someone in their base, so you could always count on spawning close to the action, and if you set the charge, your team actually kept heavy fire on the MCOM to keep them from disarming. It really rekindled my love for the game after playing too much RDR and not enough Battlefield lately.

2a8rkft.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Am I missing something? I thought they patched out that annoying horn on consoles. It has been fixed on PC and that was over a month ago!

so, about that tracer dart buff... i shot down 10 Blackhawks in one game on Isla Inocentes today. only got 6 RPG-7 kills (including a double kill), but still, TEN BLACKHAWKS!!!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
so, about that tracer dart buff... i shot down 10 Blackhawks in one game on Isla Inocentes today. only got 6 RPG-7 kills (including a double kill), but still, TEN BLACKHAWKS!!!
When they first put that buff in on the PC it was arguably safer to just swim to the island than take a helicopter. :lol

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Bad Company 1 is similar. IIRC there is talk about the awards/"I AM BAD COMPANY" achievement trophy being bugged even if you have ALL the awards (which are fucking insane to get in the first damn place, WTF DICE?)

They should give that one and "20 Squad Spawns on you in a round without dying" (seriously, who the hell is able to do this shit? Esp. with BC1 randomly choosing the squad spawn based on conditions) automatically with a title/patch update. Of course, that requires DICE getting off their ass and supporting a 2+ year old game. *sigh*

Also Faceless needs to come back to the PS3 and show me how it's done on Deconstruction. :(

yeah, i'm wondering if they're ever going to fix the garand and thompson stat bugs.

@strike: i know, i don't hold any ill will towards DICE, love them and their games, I'm pissed at EA or whoever is fucking up the servers and not resolving it.

1stStrike

Banned
<3 green

Just FYI guys, I might or might not be on today. I'm in productivity mode and if I do get on it won't be till later tonight. I have 26 chapters to edit and I'm far behind schedule.

If you guys are confused, then just click this.

Captain Pants said:
I had the best attack round I've ever had last night. The defenders were good, but my squad was better. It was one of those things where we always had someone in their base, so you could always count on spawning close to the action, and if you set the charge, your team actually kept heavy fire on the MCOM to keep them from disarming. It really rekindled my love for the game after playing too much RDR and not enough Battlefield lately.

2a8rkft.jpg

That's how I felt today after going something like 75/35. It was on Arica Harbour and everyone (except one Recon noob in my squad doing his best to ruin everything) was doing the right thing :) I got Ace pin as well, which is always nice.

Captain Pants

coolcole93 said:
That's how I felt today after going something like 75/35. It was on Arica Harbour and everyone (except one Recon noob in my squad doing his best to ruin everything) was doing the right thing :) I got Ace pin as well, which is always nice.

With 75 kills, you damn well better have gotten the Ace pin.:lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
i just looove playing conquest games where my team decides not to cap flags.

the worst part is a situation like this

I'M IN THE ENEMY FLAG CAP AREA

OUR TEAM HAS NO FLAGS

THEY SPAWN AT THE FUCKING BASE@*^@#^#@

i kill 3 people trying to cap, but c'mon i am not superman (at least not in Conquest)

It seemed to me that the more people bought the game, the less appealing the gameply has gotten. Alot of the players who understood the game, understood the teamwork aspect and even the goals of each mode seem to be alot less now. I had some guys in my squad while playing Conquest who had no idea what they were supposed to do. They just thought it was deathmatch and the capture points were just places you can spawn from.

DICE would have really done the community a great service by including a quick how-to video for each mode. I believe alot of the bad teamplay is a result of ignorance. I may be wrong, but bad teamplay totally hurts the experience, as usual with BF games. Maybe when there are only the hardcore BF players left, the teamplay will get better.

As far as the servers, I would think that is a EA problem. Not like every developer has their own server farm or renting out their own space. But if things are laggy now, how is it going to be when they release the new game mode?

todahawk

Captain Pants said:

2a8rkft.jpg

Damn, what map was that on? I think the most kills I've had in one match was about 30.

Fersis

dskillzhtown said:
It seemed to me that the more people bought the game, the less appealing the gameply has gotten. Alot of the players who understood the game, understood the teamwork aspect and even the goals of each mode seem to be alot less now. I had some guys in my squad while playing Conquest who had no idea what they were supposed to do. They just thought it was deathmatch and the capture points were just places you can spawn from.

DICE would have really done the community a great service by including a quick how-to video for each mode. I believe alot of the bad teamplay is a result of ignorance. I may be wrong, but bad teamplay totally hurts the experience, as usual with BF games. Maybe when there are only the hardcore BF players left, the teamplay will get better.

As far as the servers, I would think that is a EA problem. Not like every developer has their own server farm or renting out their own space. But if things are laggy now, how is it going to be when they release the new game mode?
EA hire server providers like i3D and MyIS to mantain BFBC2 servers.
So i think its an issue between the server providers and EA/DICE.
BUT i do believe EA/DICE messed up by no keeping us (The customers) to date with the server issues... though that should change when they hire a Community Manager.

Anyway we (the customers) are screwed since we got a (awesome) $60 game that doesnt work.
</RANT>

desu

dskillzhtown said:

It does, I reached a point where I often enough just play TDM instead of doing objectives. I am just sick of dying the 100th time for my team doing shit... its just not worth it completely ruining my stats just because 75% of the players have no common sense. As long as you have a awesome team, this game really really shines. Once you're in the freaking most stupid looser team for the 10th time it just gets frustrating.

Wish people had to go to some kind of tutorial or even better brainwashing before playing...

Fersis said:
EA hire server providers like i3D and MyIS to mantain BFBC2 servers.
So i think its an issue between the server providers and EA/DICE.
BUT i do believe EA/DICE messed up by no keeping us (The customers) to date with the server issues... though that should change when they hire a Community Manager.

Anyway we (the customers) are screwed since we got a (awesome) $60 game that doesnt work.
</RANT>

Think I saw Baza say they have two people they've narrowed it down to or something like that. So hopefully something soon!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
40mm shotgun. omg.

nuff' said.

Edit: Atacama Rush is a given... the map sure wasn't built for conquest.

Fersis

Mr. Snrub said:
Was this posted? Leaked info on conquest Nelson Bay and rush Atacama?
Yeah that girl/dood got hold of the development version.

Mr. Snrub said:
Think I saw Baza say they have two people they've narrowed it down to or something like that. So hopefully something soon!
Yup. (Hope its not someone like chespace T__T )
Hope they open up a little bit.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
desu said:
It does, I reached a point where I often enough just play TDM instead of doing objectives. I am just sick of dying the 100th time for my team doing shit... its just not worth it completely ruining my stats just because 75% of the players have no common sense. As long as you have a awesome team, this game really really shines. Once you're in the freaking most stupid looser team for the 10th time it just gets frustrating.

Wish people had to go to some kind of tutorial or even better brainwashing before playing...

I go after the objectives anyway... I don't care about K/D. Often I can even take the objectives solo, and sometimes that will encourage the randoms to get into the game. Then again, sometimes they will just stay back at base sniping no one and crowding, waiting around the chopper pad.

:lol

vixlar

I have this crazy idea of how Conquest rules should be.

First, the only way to bleed tickets is from owning more bases than enemy team. Of course, each team begins with less tickets, let's say 50 instead the 110 now.

Now, killing people or dying seems unimportant. But, if we copy a little from WOW, we can penalize deaths something different. When you die, you must wait 10 seconds to respawn. But, each time you die, the respawn time adds one second, to a maximum of 30 seconds. If you get revived by a medic, it counts as if you didn't die.

But if you play well, you need a bonus. So I was thinking each 200 points on battlescore you get, the maximum respawn time get one second substracted, to a minimum of 10 seconds. So, if you get 4000 points, practically you don't get death penalties.

I know Battlefield already have conquest as a well recognized game form. But, after playing rush, i feel conquest a little generical. It is more kil kill kill, than caring about your bases.

vixlar said:

First, the only way to bleed tickets is from owning more bases than enemy team. Of course, each team begins with less tickets, let's say 50 instead the 110 now.

Now, killing people or dying seems unimportant. But, if we copy a little from WOW, we can penalize deaths something different. When you die, you must wait 10 seconds to respawn. But, each time you die, the respawn time adds one second, to a maximum of 30 seconds. If you get revived by a medic, it counts as if you didn't die.

But if you play well, you need a bonus. So I was thinking each 200 points on battlescore you get, the maximum respawn time get one second substracted, to a minimum of 10 seconds. So, if you get 4000 points, practically you don't get death penalties.

I know Battlefield already have conquest as a well recognized game form. But, after playing rush, i feel conquest a little generical. It is more kil kill kill, than caring about your bases.

Luckily ticket count and ticket bleed are going to be adjustable in the next patch, which will hopefully make holding bases more important to players.

1stStrike

Banned
vixlar said:

No thanks. I'd rather see conquest become more tactical. Have each captured point give the team that holds it something special (vehicles/gun emplacements, etc.)

vixlar

Mr. Snrub said:
Luckily ticket count and ticket bleed are going to be adjustable in the next patch, which will hopefully make holding bases more important to players.

Please!

But, it would include consoles?

todahawk

1stStrike said:
No thanks. I'd rather see conquest become more tactical. Have each captured point give the team that holds it something special (vehicles/gun emplacements, etc.)

Hell yeah! Man, I could think of lots of interesting ideas for special vehicles, emplacements or what have you...

Didn't BF 1942 conquest mode do ticket drain based on the number of flags held? It's been a long time but I swear I thought it did. You get all three and you're in deep shit. I remember conquest being a lot more about holding and taking the flags. Definitely way too many players using it as team death match.

Captain Pants

greenjerk said:
Damn, what map was that on? I think the most kills I've had in one match was about 30.

That was on Valparaiso. That is the highest I've gotten on the attacking team. Sometimes on defense I can rack up more than that, but it is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom