• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Had an epic moment tonight where I bailed out of the helicopter I was flying and then a good 5 seconds later, I got crushed by it:lol

See, it's moments like this which keep me coming back to the game. Every time I play something crazy happens.

Of course, playing in lag is stupid. I went 4 and 19 on isla last night because of all the jumping around and shit.

Edit: and then reality sets in. Dice, what the fuck is up with you and your fucking retarded trophies/pins?

How the fuck am I supposed to get the flag defender pin? In order to get credit for it I need to sit out in the open and get shot in the back 6,000 times since anywhere that might be considered a hiding spot is too far away and out of range.

And then the knife 5 friends on PS3. It's not exactly easy to get a friend on another team and then find him to knife him.

Fucking stupid shit. Think about it a bit and use some god damn common sense before you fucking implement some stupid shit.

/rant

1stStrike said:
How the fuck am I supposed to get the flag defender pin? In order to get credit for it I need to sit out in the open and get shot in the back 6,000 times since anywhere that might be considered a hiding spot is too far away and out of range.

And then the knife 5 friends on PS3. It's not exactly easy to get a friend on another team and then find him to knife him.
For flag defender I got it at Panama Canal. I went into the match with no goal other than getting that pin. I camped either B or C (depending on which we held at that point in time) and just camped with an SMG near a doorway. If any enemies came in I lit them up.

For the knife five friends, if you have enough BFBC2 playing friends then eventually they'll try to join a game of yours where your team is full and get put on the other team. At that point go all out for their dog tags, nothing else. Just run down the edges of the map and loop around behind their spawn and knife anybody you see. Eventually you'll get your friend's tags - five isn't really that many.

1stStrike

Banned
endlessflood said:
For flag defender I got it at Panama Canal. I went into the match with no goal other than getting that pin. I camped either B or C (depending on which we held at that point in time) and just camped with an SMG near a doorway. If any enemies came in I lit them up.

For the knife five friends, if you have enough BFBC2 playing friends then eventually they'll try to join a game of yours where your team is full and get put on the other team. At that point go all out for their dog tags, nothing else. Just run down the edges of the map and loop around behind their spawn and knife anybody you see. Eventually you'll get your friend's tags - five isn't really that many.

Yea, the flag defender is difficult. Both you and them have to be in the flag zone and no matter where I try to hide I'm pretty much out in plain sight, so I end up getting shot in the back or from the side. I might just have to go shotgun wookie and use motion mines to get this >_<

As for the knifing, I'm rarely on the other team from a friend. When I am, it's usually too short of a game. It's just a pain in the ass.

Also, I guess I need to start playing bc2 at 3 am. Woke up early so I hopped on and no lag whatsoever. Kicked some ass in rush with Jtrizzy.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Got gold tags today in the result of epic outflanking on Arica/Conquest. Is it some high-ranked player or what?

1stStrike

Banned
subversus said:
Got gold tags today in the result of epic outflanking on Arica/Conquest. Is it some high-ranked player or what?

lvl 40+ players give gold. I only have 3 of them :|

28 kills till I platinum knives. Then I need to work on C4. Got that at 8 gold stars.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
Sounds like we need to get another group together to work on destruction 2.0 kills. Anyone else interested???

Umm, yes, definately, Please, please, please.... I only have 2 of them... total BS! I only need 18 more, LOL.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Can you do this one with the UAV?

I did it on Nelson Bay, its nice and dark. Come up behind guys (cliff-side helps) and get close to the ground. Extra armor helps and hit detection can be wonky. Shouldn't take too long.

edit: which one are you working on???
The airkill trophy (YES with UAV)?

Or the Car Warfare and/or the Wheels of Hazard pins? (AFAIK, not with UAV)
but car warfare was easy on Atamaca, I drove myself in a humvee away from the main action around the flags and when i found a good vantage point switched to the 50 cal. Equip the extra damage vehicle perk and infantry go down really quick. Choppers that are distracted by tanks and enemy choppers were surprisingly easy targets.

On the wheels of hazard i got lucky on Laguna Presa, wasn't even trying. Right at the beginning of a match i was flying around on a quadrunner (before the engy's laid their mines) and took out a few guys around A.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
More revives than repairs!?... wtf my engineer brethren, you get 4-5 repairs each time you aid a badly damaged tank.

Fucking necromancing medic orgies are to blame for this... :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sadly im going to take a break until the fix the lag issue.
It has been unplayable for the last two days.

1stStrike

Banned
I woke up at 3 am and hopped on since I couldn't get back to sleep. No lag at all!

Only picked up around 8:30 am (EST) and was really bad from then on.

Looks like I gotta play BC2 at 3 am if I want a playable online game.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
yup, same here... I have Striker/fersis on my PSN.

psn id: todahawk
yours?

I play with striker, AzRim, jtrizzy, Seks and bunch of others. haven't been on as much lately because of work and life, taking a looooong weekend for memorial day. gotta get some gaming in.

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
yours?

I play with striker, AzRim, jtrizzy, Seks and bunch of others. haven't been on as much lately because of work and life, taking a looooong weekend for memorial day. gotta get some gaming in.

I mish yu :(

You left me the other day all like "bbl" and I waited and waited, it rained, snowed and sleeted, but still no toda. And then Jtrizzy came online and I forgot all about you :p

todahawk

1stStrike said:
I mish yu :(

You left me the other day all like "bbl" and I waited and waited, it rained, snowed and sleeted, but still no toda. And then Jtrizzy came online and I forgot all about you :p

cheating bastard.
...and just so you know, I hooked up with Seks AND jtrizzy later
so sorryyyyyyyyyyyy~!

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
yours?

The one and only: Cornbread78

I'll be on tomorrow night around 9:30-10:00pm Est (break around 11:00) then on until about 1am (I have to get back up around 5:45 for work)

If we can find an almost empty server and just have everyone crash it at once, we should be able to fill the game up. Everydody from each team just needs to climb into one house with someone shooting at it, then the other team all goes into a different house. Each player can take turns, even if we get a few randoms that get into teh game somehow, we should still be able to get at least 10 kills per player per house. just make sure everyone loads with C-4 or rocket launchers, or just grabs a tank and shoots teh house down, should take less then 3 mins per house. Teamwork...... (wait, does tis constitute "cheating"? LOL)

Evolved1

Holy fuck I left my PS3 on all night.... just noticed. It's so hot. :lol

*cries*

recklessmind said:
Holy fuck I left my PS3 on all night.... just noticed. It's so hot. :lol

*cries*

Well if you smell the solder you should worry. Otherwise your baby is probably ok.

I give you 3 months max before YLOD

recklessmind said:
More revives than repairs!?... wtf my engineer brethren, you get 4-5 repairs each time you aid a badly damaged tank.

Fucking necromancing medic orgies are to blame for this... :lol

Or there are more options to revive people than there are to repair. People are dropping dead all over the place... but there are only so many broken tanks. Shit... some levels don't even have tanks to repair in the first place. But, there are a ton of dead bodies to bring back to life.

Jtrizzy

Yeah we had good games last night, with basically zero lag. The only major fuck up was when I didn't equip the C4 perk to get that last M Com...Although now I know how many it takes to blow up a station.

and that is part of the reason I still love this game, I learn new stuff every night.

if anyone wants to join up with us, my PSN is Jtrizzy.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm down to be a victim for this 2.0 bash. I already got it myself (legit too!)

And, yea J, I was blowing up mcoms before you were born :lol

That game sucked though. We had C4'd the UAV and I started going into the air only to see a guy jump on top of the building in front of me (second set of mcoms on valparisio) and I was like, "oh fuck there's a guy in front of me, kill him!" and then he shot me and we lost :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
greenjerk said:
Sounds like we need to get another group together to work on destruction 2.0 kills. Anyone else interested???

Oh come on! Don't be a bitch! It took me a day to do all those by myself C4'ing buildings in Arica Harbor and White Pass conquest.

In fact, I can help you speed this up just by being your recon wingman and trapping buildings.

Jtrizzy

1stStrike said:
I'm down to be a victim for this 2.0 bash. I already got it myself (legit too!)

And, yea J, I was blowing up mcoms before you were born :lol

That game sucked though. We had C4'd the UAV and I started going into the air only to see a guy jump on top of the building in front of me (second set of mcoms on valparisio) and I was like, "oh fuck there's a guy in front of me, kill him!" and then he shot me and we lost :(

I will say in my defense that that Aussie kid we were playing with should have been covering you while I committed suicide. and there is no way our team should allow someone to get all the way to our base, especially at that point in the match and on that map.

I was just reading about the DLC coming up, and wow I have no interest in that whatsoever.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Oh come on! Don't be a bitch! It took me a day to do all those by myself C4'ing buildings in Arica Harbor and White Pass conquest.

In fact, I can help you speed this up just by being your recon wingman and trapping buildings.

:lol Heh, I know. I've been trying on and off and the guys i've been playing against are too quick, they go flying out of my c4'd buildings like roaches. Not enough camping snipers in White Pass when I've been playing...

Evolved1

I was just thinking... a good way to get the 2.0 kills (If you can't do it alone) would be to work with a friend. Attack a com together and have them take out a few of the walls... then you plant C4 on those remaining and run away while your buddy arms the crate. When you see defenders run into the building, detonate and profit.

The stupid knife trophy is the only really hard one.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
I was just thinking... a good way to get the 2.0 kills (If you can't do it alone) would be to work with a friend. Attack a com together and have them take out a few of the walls... then you plant C4 on those remaining and run away while your buddy arms the crate. When you see defenders run into the building, detonate and profit.

The stupid knife trophy is the only really hard one.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Half my problem is laying the c4 and seeing campers take roost in every building but mine.

What Seks mentioned would be super helpful too, someone covering your ass while you do your dirty work of planting... i hate dying as I sneak out the back door or just get to my lookout position :mad:

I should just stick with recon, g3, c4 (xtra + bigboom perks) and motion mines for staying alive if I don't have a helper...

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
guess it's a good time to be too busy to play.

anyone hear an update on what they're doing to fix the lag?

I hope soon... I have a bunch of GAF on my FL now and it's always so much fun. When there's no lag and I'm in the zone (usually the first couple hours) I feel like we're cheating. :lol

todahawk

recklessmind said:
I hope soon... I have a bunch of GAF on my FL now and it's always so much fun. When there's no lag and I'm in the zone (usually the first couple hours) I feel like we're cheating. :lol

yeah, same here. since the patch and the lag it hasn't been nearly as fun. Not as many gaffers on either.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
yeah, same here. since the patch and the lag it hasn't been nearly as fun. Not as many gaffers on either.

I blame this on RDR......

I'll have to try the C4 trick, it's weakenign the building that's tough, unless you can get a tank to do the early dirty work. Is there any way to load with rockets and c4?....

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
I blame this on RDR......

I'll have to try the C4 trick, it's weakenign the building that's tough, unless you can get a tank to do the early dirty work. Is there any way to load with rockets and c4?....

Yeah, after posting i remembered that half of my FL has been playing RDR.

regarding the c4, have you watched this vid? I can do smaller building in 4 if untouched, less if damaged.

Javaman

greenjerk said:

I jumped out of the game shortly after I realized it was more about stats and getting stupid achievements instead of having fun. Maybe someday they'll patch that crap out.

Evolved1

JaxJag said:
The only stat the 360 is blowing away the PS3 version is repairs...

No one must play as an engineer on the PS3.

I'm an engineer!!!

sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom