• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click said:
They still don't have a good clan system for the PC version, right?
It would've been nice if I played with other GAF'fers more often.
Is the GAF server still up?

Wish I got this game for PS3 instead...

Me and Spl1nter usually play. Here's my info:

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

I usually play but have slacked for the last week, mainly because my gf's work schedule has changed (and changed my free nights) and the LOST finale :D

But I'm definitely down for playing. Think the next time I'll be able to is tomorrow night.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just played a couple of matches, almost no lag. (Full teams)
My team was the worst team ever,lots of Recon who didnt like to spot.
I mean, if youre going to camp 2KM away from the flags at least spot!!

i just looove playing conquest games where my team decides not to cap flags.

the worst part is a situation like this

I'M IN THE ENEMY FLAG CAP AREA

OUR TEAM HAS NO FLAGS

THEY SPAWN AT THE FUCKING BASE@*^@#^#@

i kill 3 people trying to cap, but c'mon i am not superman (at least not in Conquest)

Snowballo said:
Let's say you have a few friends that are not 100% convinced to buy this awesome game and that are still stuck in MW2 and you would like to use a high impact video to let their hype grows.

What is the video you would choose?

Thanks.
i would tell them to keep playing MW2. if they're still playing it now, they probably won't like BC2 anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Snowballo said:
Let's say you have a few friends that are not 100% convinced to buy this awesome game and that are still stuck in MW2 and you would like to use a high impact video to let their hype grows.

What is the video you would choose?

Thanks.

Tell them MW2 is a broken POS that requires a $30 additional charge so there is more than one decent map to play broken shit on (sup, Skidrow?) of which those four maps are ports of a game they could've bought for $45 years ago.

Oh, and the game is awesome has destructable enviroments to where you can fuck camping assholes up the ass by destroying their buildings/cover and is more tactical than MW2 can ever fucking hope to be.

TheSeks said:
Tell them MW2 is a broken POS that requires a $30 additional charge so there is more than one decent map to play broken shit on (sup, Skidrow?) of which those four maps are ports of a game they could've bought for $45 years ago.

Oh, and the game is awesome has destructable enviroments to where you can fuck camping assholes up the ass by destroying their buildings/cover and is more tactical than MW2 can ever fucking hope to be.
i watched the trailer for the new MW2 map pack earlier and when i saw the trailer park level, i thought about how awesome that level could be in a game where you can blow holes in shit and make your own path thru the levels.

1stStrike

Banned
Ok gaffers, I need a brave volunteer. Someone with a mic that's willing to do some adventuring with me. Someone that will look death in the eye and smile.

Someone to be my co-pilot.

I'm not too bad of a pilot, but I swapped over to BC1 controls for flying as it's more efficient, but I'm still getting used to them and I need a co-pilot that can actually shoot and communicate with me (like, hey, there's an apache about to blow you up, dodge or something)

Basically, aticama desert games in conquest where we just chopper whore the whole time so I can improve my piloting skills. Improved piloting skills = me raping people with choppers in rush. We all win!

It's hard sometimes. I can't count how many times I've tried to get the chopper only to have someone crash a jeep into me and take it, drive a tank in front of me and block me, then take it or just fly off with no co-pilot and then get blown up. So, we need to take this chopper by force.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I have the day off (My country 200th birthday!), so yeah im gonna be playing a lot today!
There was not lag this morning ·___·

1stStrike

Banned
Well, the servers are shitty atm. Me and Evolved1 did a little flying, but I can't even join a game from the squad menu atm.

I'm off to get myself a haircut and stuff but I'll be back on later.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That was ridiculous with the chopper... the entire team was just standing there waiting for it.

Also, gunner seat is very effective against light vehicles and infantry, but it sucks against armor. Pretty annoying to land three or four controlled, concentrated bursts on a tank and have it shrug them off.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
desu said:
Damnit, pc version extremly laggy lately, anyone having the same problem?
Ever since I started running my game as an admin and sorting servers based on ping, I have not had lag issues. What I have had problems with is the 2-3 people that are always on a server that are using an aimbot. That shit is so hard to get away from now on PC. :(

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:
Yes. It's a normal game, just private. You need 8 people to start one though. We could arrange one this weekend or later in the week maybe.

Oh hell yes... we'll give regular game a whirl tonight, or I can gather some buddies to jump in... I can get some peeps.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
Oh hell yes... we'll give regular game a whirl tonight, or I can gather some buddies to jump in... I can get some peeps.

sweeeet. if we can't get 8, random pubbies can deal with the buildings coming down.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
You know what... fuck this game and the bullshit servers.

You get disconnected again or are they just laggy as shit still?

It might be fine for Fersis but it was pretty bad when me and reck were on earlier. Was hard shooting tanks with the helicopter when the tank would be stationary and then jump 20 feet forward :|

Razor210

1stStrike said:
Ok gaffers, I need a brave volunteer. Someone with a mic that's willing to do some adventuring with me. Someone that will look death in the eye and smile.

Someone to be my co-pilot.

I'm not too bad of a pilot, but I swapped over to BC1 controls for flying as it's more efficient, but I'm still getting used to them and I need a co-pilot that can actually shoot and communicate with me (like, hey, there's an apache about to blow you up, dodge or something)

Basically, aticama desert games in conquest where we just chopper whore the whole time so I can improve my piloting skills. Improved piloting skills = me raping people with choppers in rush. We all win!

It's hard sometimes. I can't count how many times I've tried to get the chopper only to have someone crash a jeep into me and take it, drive a tank in front of me and block me, then take it or just fly off with no co-pilot and then get blown up. So, we need to take this chopper by force.
Fuck, man, you already tell me to go arm MCOMMs and get killed for the greater good.

I'll gun for you if you let me pilot once and you don't bitch the entire time :lol

It really seems that the servers turn into liquid shit once normal hours start kicking in, but hey Onslaught mode looks raaaad right guyz ?

Fersis

Ok, Bazajaytee needs some info about the lag so if you're having crazy lag post here with this info:

Country/Region:
Platform:
Time:

ie:

Country/Region: US /East Cost
Platform: PS3
Time: 8:00 - 9:00 PM

Thanks guys!

Az

This is unbelievable. How can a company release a game which is heavy on MP and continue to have shit servers? I am a big fan and supporter of this game but if this keeps on going I am finding something else.

Edit:
US/East
PS3
any

Fersis

TheAzRim said:
This is unbelievable. How can a company release a game which is heavy on MP and continue to have shit servers? I am a big fan and supporter of this game but if this keeps on going I am finding something else.
Check my above post!

EDIT: Thanks TheAzRim!

No_Style

Country/Region: Canada/East
Platform: PS3
Time: Any

I haven't had the urge to play BC2 for awhile thanks to the lag. You can blame yourselves, EA/DICE!

And thank goodness for other games to play!

TheAzRim said:

Edit:
US/East
PS3
any
yeah, it's crazy that the PS3 EC servers are still lagging, the lag wasn't there for very long on 360. WTF DICE?

1stStrike said:
Yes. It's a normal game, just private. You need 8 people to start one though. We could arrange one this weekend or later in the week maybe.
I don't think that private games count towards the trophies (although I could be wrong). I'm pretty sure you have to do it in public games.

If you have 8 people it's pretty simple to rig a public squad rush match anyway. Atacama Desert after the first MCOM is blown is the place to get it if you're boosting.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:

Edit:
US/East
PS3
any

Ugh, just great. If it's acting up tonight and we can't do destruction 2.0 (or playing in general) I'm firing up Modern Warfare 2 or something else with online. :(

Az

1stStrike said:
We've been playing for a while and there's been no lag FYI. Been rolling this server for like 8 games in a row.

My game just froze while playing with you on Arica Harbor. 30 kills 5 deaths, best player, 10000 points, Win. Gone.

1stStrike

Banned
TheAzRim said:
My game just froze while playing with you on Arica Harbor. 30 kills 5 deaths, best player, 10000 points, Win. Gone.

Fuck man, that shit sucks. This game always freezes during the worst times.

It's all right though, I just went 11 and 24 on that nelson bay game (even though we won). I couldn't do shit that game and I always seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

methane47

Gooooddd Games Folks!!

that one game where we destroyed the first MComms with 2 tickets left... wow.. we came back and hammered that team... it was pretty amazing actually..

Fun times :)

1stStrike

Banned
Good games tonight gaffers. We had a team of 11 gaf-dudes at one point and completely dominated the other team for like...3 hours straight.

No lag tonight. It was really nice to see a bunch of gaffers out playing together again in mass. Hopefully the servers will stay like this so we can own it up together some more. :D

Also, highlights of the night for me:

- Running up to the helipad on Port Valdez only to see some newbie pilot struggling to take off with the apache. Feeling sympathetic, I shoot him and his gunner with my AN-94 and the helicopter spins in circles and explodes :lol

- Owning B on the 4th set of MCOM's with the tank (again)

- Stabbing 3 people in a row on Nelson Bay and getting my knife platinum :D

- Discovering the ownage of the 40mm shotgun. I gave it a try finally and holy shit is it good. Set the MCOM, wait by a door and when someone runs through, BAM! They don't even have a chance to shoot and they're dead. It's saved my ass on many occasions thus far. I think I'm going to be sticking with this for a while as my assault rifle attachment :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom