• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erasus

spats said:
And ppl please stop shitting up the thread with the master race bullshit. Can't we just enjoy the game and get along?

He just posted a cool video of how the PC version looks, both in 1080p and craaaazy 3-monitor gameplay. Who is saying you can not enjoy the game on PS3 after watching it?

spats

Erasus said:
He just posted a cool video of how the PC version looks, both in 1080p and craaaazy 3-monitor gameplay. Who is saying you can not enjoy the game on PS3 after watching it?

I was referring to the constant master race flame war that has been going on here. Nothing to do with that video.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sigh, I won't be getting the Limited Edition after all. Apparently it's gonna cost me 15 bucks extra, fuck that.

You can get ALL of the unlockables from the LE by just gaining exp right?

Yoshichan said:
Sigh, I won't be getting the Limited Edition after all. Apparently it's gonna cost me 15 bucks extra, fuck that.

Yes, all of the unlockables can be obtained through leveing/experience points. Its just meant to give those who have the LE a "tactical" advantage.

Az

With the PS3 bug going around I am scared to turn this thing on and my copy will be waiting for me tomorrow at GS. Hnnnnngghhhh

Tried to register at dr. peppers website (to use codes) but error kept saying your first name has to be at least 3 characters, uh it was. Already looking like a Monday.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MMaRsu said:
Why did faceless get banned? 1 month.. sucks man :(
What ?! No no no, L.T. The Faceless Master noooooooooooooo !!!!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yoshichan said:

Who is charging 15 bucks extra for the LE? Can't you just go somewhere else?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ikuu said:
Someone posted it earlier, pretty sure he got banned for this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20032309&postcount=253 :lol
OH SNAP!!!

Yoshichan said:

They're trying to rip you off, the LE edition has the same price as the regular.
And yes,you can unlock those specializations playing the game.

LowParry

Steam pre-load updates:

Guess I should of checked Steam forums but this is the jist of it.

*LATEST* UPDATE: 9:05pm EST 2/28/10 -

Quote:
@repi Just wondering if there'll be a Steam preload?

@kop48 It is coming
http://twitter.com/repi

UPDATE: As of 5:08pm EST 2/28/10 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalms View Post
We are still working on the Steam preload. Currently there are some installation issues which we are trying to fix.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...1#post13734761

UPDATE: The total size of the game is ~6gb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalms View Post
The full installed game is about 6GB. the "15GB" figure is what you get when you have to guess the total size early during development, and also need to take into account that for non-Steam download channels the player will at one point during installation have both the installer-archive and the installed game present on the harddrive at the same time.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...6#post13722966

Eric WK

Oh man, it's so close. Don't think I can wait for UPS to mosey around with my Amazon copy whenever they feel like it tomorrow. Might have to make it to Wal-Mart at Midnight and return my Amazon copy there later in the week.

LowParry

Dilly said:
Still doubting if I should buy it. It looks way more fun than MW2. But there are so much releases this month.

It sounds better, plays better, looks better, and much more fun than MW2. It is the right choice.

blahness

zero margin said:
Tried to register at dr. peppers website (to use codes) but error kept saying your first name has to be at least 3 characters, uh it was. Already looking like a Monday.

B:BC2 unlocks are not available yet anyway :\

moojito

Aye, the gaf-hype machine forced me to preorder this. Only the 3rd time I've ever pre-ordered anything!

If you people see a [gaf]mooojito roaming lost in the jungle, point me in the right direction, there's a good chap!

Rapping Granny said:
Where the hell are the reviews for this game? Is EA really that insecure about the game?

We've had a beta on 2 different platforms, and a demo on 3. If you are trying to determine whether or not to purchase, are reviews really necessary at this point?

blahness

are there any live streams of multiplayer going on right now? the darkfallen stream is offline and I need to entertain myself throughout the day.

mbmonk

Net_Wrecker said:
We've had a beta on 2 different platforms, and a demo on 3. If you are trying to determine whether or not to purchase, are reviews really necessary at this point?

I want to read/watch reviews just to be entertained an pass the time. The hype train needs constant fuel!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Damn, the steam pre-load really needs to pop up soon. It'll only take me a couple hours to download, but I'd like to be able to play it when I get back from class tomorrow afternoon.

Spire said:
Damn, the steam pre-load really needs to pop up soon. It'll only take me a couple hours to download, but I'd like to be able to play it when I get back from class tomorrow afternoon.
Exactly how I feel right now. I want it ready to go once I get home tomorrow but I am sure Steam servers will go down or something. :lol

Ikuu said:
How did you get it for that price?

For some reason, it already had a large discount in the basket anyway (i think i tried a code out previously but didnt use it, and it lingered in the system, this was the code "VoucherCodes.com25%"). Then, on the CokeZone website, collecting 10 points gives you a £5 off voucher too, and for some reason i got an even bigger discount using it. I think there system may be a bit screwed and i got lucky :lol Pre-loading now anyway.

falastini

Dilly said:
Still doubting if I should buy it. It looks way more fun than MW2. But there are so much releases this month.

Easy. Buy the multiplayer focused games day-one... It sucks jumping in on a multiplayer game when the community has been established for a while, and everybody is x times better than you.

Buy the singleplayer only games used for cheap down the road... You'd still get the same enjoyment from playing singleplayer months from now that you would get today. That's what I'm doing at least.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Ogs said:
For some reason, it already had a large discount in the basket anyway (i think i tried a code out previously but didnt use it, and it lingered in the system, this was the code "VoucherCodes.com25%"). Then, on the CokeZone website, collecting 10 points gives you a £5 off voucher too, and for some reason i got an even bigger discount using it. I think there system may be a bit screwed and i got lucky :lol Pre-loading now anyway.
I saw someone posting some bug on the OcUK forums had like 10 games for free in their basket :lol

Anyone got a spare CokeZone point I could get :p

So, first off, I have a mad crappy computer that couldn't run this at all.

I'm going to get a console version, any word on whether to get PS3 or 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom