• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a surround sound system for my ps3 to play this game the way god intended. But I only get sound in the game when I put my ps3 settings to digital out and AAC, when I put dolby digital surround or DTS 5.1ch it goes silent... such a noob at this.

TheSeks said:
Bullshit, don't be modest.

"Yes, I'm a great player. Please bow before me and my Battlefield skills."

*bow* ... *bow*...
i don't feel so awesome after just losing 6 in a row. i dunno which was worse, losing on Attack the final set on Arica Harbor, or on D# on Valparaiso after getting them down to like 6 tickets on the 4th base.

one of 'em kept killcam teabagging me too. getting his tags didn't make me feel any better.

The Faceless Master said:
i don't feel so awesome after just losing 6 in a row. i dunno which was worse, losing on Attack the final set on Arica Harbor, or on D# on Valparaiso after getting them down to like 6 tickets on the 4th base.

one of 'em kept killcam teabagging me too. getting his tags didn't make me feel any better.

THIS :(

Me and my friend played earlier and we were just TEARING through them. Can't fucking get the last Alpha MCOM. Our team just decided to ALL hole up in the Bravo building and essentially act as fodder for the defenders. Once me and my friend yelled MOVE UP TO ALPHA they got to the dividing wall, but it was too late.

Not quite sure what happened that game, we were rolling through at a steady pace and then it just ground to a halt on those last two.

Mr. Snrub said:
THIS :(

Me and my friend played earlier and we were just TEARING through them. Can't fucking get the last Alpha MCOM. Our team just decided to ALL hole up in the Bravo building and essentially act as fodder for the defenders. Once me and my friend yelled MOVE UP TO ALPHA they got to the dividing wall, but it was too late.
i wouldn't say we were tearing thru them, i destroyed the first 4 crates pretty much solo. took out first base with tank shells, i shot the crap out of B, then collapsed A. on the 2nd base, the other team started spawn camping, so i ran over the hill and did the same old shit with A, then got shot in the face with a smoke grenade. and then i had an EPIC run thru of B where i drove a jeep over the hill, down thru the courtyard area, down the steps, hopped out, threw C4 at the back then ran in the back door of B and threw the C4 to the left, then right, front as i ran out the front door, jumped the wall to the right and blew the building up. the dude who smoke grenade killed me previously was actually chasing me and he got blown up in the C4. he was also the one who was killcam teabagging me later on :lol :lol :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Ahh, I finally did it. I went on a weapon bronzing spree today and finished off all the ones that I didn't have yet. Got my last two insignias, so now I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I started with the medic guns. Did all of those pretty quick, since it's so easy to get multiple kills with them before dying (especially the ones with 200 round clips).

Then I did engineer. That was a pain, because I fucking hate sub-machine guns. Luckily, it was only two of them.

Did assault last. You really appreciate the AN-94 after using some of those trashy assault rifles.

Then, I only had 1 weapon left to do...

The M1A1. Fucking hated that POS, but capped it on laguna presa.

Did all of this in some pretty shitty lag. It's been rubber banding all night, but I was going to get this shit done no matter what.

I ended up playing against azrim and dreamgazer at one point. Me and dream were both #1 on our teams, not surprisingly. My team blew. I died to dream a few times thanks to my other team.

*I back into a corner to reload. Guy on my team also backs into the corner trying to dodge fire. I can't move. I'm knifing him trying to get his attention so I can get out, but he just stands there. Finally, he gets mowed down. I see dreamgazer, but it's too late and I'm dead* >_<

Also, it seemed like every time I started shooting at someone, here comes dreamgazer from my left and right. Every time. :(

I was coming in first most of the night, which is pretty sad. It's not a testament to my skill at all. It's just that the other team sucks ass. Though, in the last game of the night after I unlocked all the bronzes and went AN-94 I destroyed them and almost got a combat excellence pin (game ended before I could get an 8th kill).

Oh and my k/d ratio is up to 0.90 now... I might actually get a 1.0 eventually.

1stStrike

Banned
yeah, i've got 3 medic guns, 2 recon and the Thompson to do... whenever the update drops...

Do it in conquest. I was getting two bronze stars per game. After playing rush for so long, conquest is fucking easy.

Also, I highly recommend you do the M1A1 last. It's the most annoying gun (it's basically like running around with a BB gun) so if you start with it, you're gonna be pissed off the rest of the time :p

1stStrike said:
Do it in conquest. I was getting two bronze stars per game. After playing rush for so long, conquest is fucking easy.

Also, I highly recommend you do the M1A1 last. It's the most annoying gun (it's basically like running around with a BB gun) so if you start with it, you're gonna be pissed off the rest of the time :p
i'm not gonna go out of my way to do 'em, but yeah, i'm definitely doing the Thompson last.

Cynar

I've been done for a few weeks , I was very disappointed that the 360 patch didn't come today as I'm looking forward to finally have those medals done. :D

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
I kind of like the M1A1. I find it a lot more accurate then the other SMGs. I have been held hostage by Demon Souls lately.

So I noticed. It's all good, though. I am going to try some squad rush tomorrow on laguna alta and see how I like it. Otherwise, once I hit lvl 41 and officially get gold tag status, I might take a break for a bit to catch up on some other games.

Also, the M1A1's sights are what kill me. Put a red dot on that thing and man...

Oh and, I noticed something amusing. If you put a 40mm shotgun on the AEK-971 and have a 4x scope on it... whenever you bring out the 40mm shotgun the scope vanishes off the rifle. :lol

I haven't played in a few weeks, so I'm out of the loop a little.

Last time I was on there was wicked lag in every game, is this better yet? (360)

Devil Theory said:
I haven't played in a few weeks, so I'm out of the loop a little.

Last time I was on there was wicked lag in every game, is this better yet? (360)
it's been smooth most of the time since the day after the last update for me.

Loxley

Whelp, I've decided to switch from the PC to the 360 for the time being. Partially because my rig is starting to crap out on me and needs a few upgrades. As a result, I haven't been able to run the game at a steady framerate lately, which has effected how well I do pretty badly.

It'll be interesting to see how it feels to go back to the 360 since I was into BC1 pretty hardcore (sk1ll level 3 bish3s lololz). Game arrives on Friday, guess I'll go back to 1943 until then :D

1stStrike said:
I ended up playing against azrim and dreamgazer at one point. Me and dream were both #1 on our teams, not surprisingly. My team blew. I died to dream a few times thanks to my other team.

*I back into a corner to reload. Guy on my team also backs into the corner trying to dodge fire. I can't move. I'm knifing him trying to get his attention so I can get out, but he just stands there. Finally, he gets mowed down. I see dreamgazer, but it's too late and I'm dead* >_<

Also, it seemed like every time I started shooting at someone, here comes dreamgazer from my left and right. Every time. :(

Yeah...
We had pretty even teams, but the team you were on was a little bit too predictable. By the end game, everyone on your team was playing as an engineer and too many people were focused on taking down our crappy Bradley driver. So I figured that was the case, looped around, killed you at the corner - and then proceeded to kill a bunch of people from the back.:lol

Could have gotten a combat excellence if you didn't spawn back and kill me :p

Popping up at random routes is my approach to conquest :p
Although I absolutely suck at capturing flags - I just crouch and move around. Thank god the snipers on your team were useless.

I join a game with a gaffer, Strikeh, on Panama canal. it was full of lag, impossible to play.

Now I understand the complain about lag. I guess it's about region, because when I quit and get back into a matchmaking, lag was gone.

1stStrike

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
I join a game with a gaffer, Strikeh, on Panama canal. it was full of lag, impossible to play.

Now I understand the complain about lag. I guess it's about region, because when I quit and get back into a matchmaking, lag was gone.

Welcome to my world. I got 4 ace pins and 9 weapon bronze stars in that.

Dream: I felt like everyone on my team was useless. Every time I looked at the score and saw myself on top I was like, "what the fuck are you guys doing?! I'm not even capping flags!"

Shred0r

Banned
Would be nice if the OP would get updated with a list of active PC players as they seem to be shorthanded compared to the console players. Its kinda hard to make out whos on pc unless you happen to come across their stat banners.

elektrixx

Banned
Title: Multiplayer Update
Game: Battlefield: Bad Co. 2
Description: Update contains new content that will improve and enhance your Battlefield Bad Company 2 experience. Also includes new store items available for purchase separately.

File Size: 283 MB

^updating^
Shred0r said:
Would be nice if the OP would get updated with a list of active PC players as they seem to be shorthanded compared to the console players. Its kinda hard to make out whos on pc unless you happen to come across their stat banners.
the online forum has lists.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Shred0r said:
Theres a thread on the online forum for that.

Here it is!

Bazajaytee said:
Map Pack#3 is available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 now. VIP players can grab them from the in-game store now.

I updated, yesterday was a mess, it was laggy as fuck, before that it was fine, now it's fine again, so well that's all for now...

I noticed that now a picture of the class appears in the spawn menu...nice...I think :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Finncognito said:
Welp, still no bronze insignias, even though I have Garand at silver.

do you have the grenade launcher/shotty add-on ones? I think those count as well.

vixlar

I would like to see the classes of my squad mates on the spawn menu, so I can decide better which class choose.

Ha, the other day, I was engineer, we were on the Blackhawk. I was repairing and keeping de helicopter alive. But well, I did feel the pilot was just fyinig with no purpose, so I jump off the chopper, then... dead... I was hit by a rocket in the air, just when I jumped. I saved the helicopter with my life! It was hilarious.

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:
Welcome to my world. I got 4 ace pins and 9 weapon bronze stars in that.

Dream: I felt like everyone on my team was useless. Every time I looked at the score and saw myself on top I was like, "what the fuck are you guys doing?! I'm not even capping flags!"

LOL, I didn't mean to suck so bad, I'll do better next time I promise.... well, once I get the fu(king 2.0 trophy that is, LOL.

But we did win the last 5 or 6 games we played in a row.

Oh funny story about 2.0's.

After you logged off there was still all 4 members of my squad were on the top floor of a house in White Pass that I was loading with C-4, well, my buddy came into the building at teh same time and thought it would be a good idea to shoot at me, missed me, hit the C4 on the ceiling and brought the whole building down.. Funny enough, I got 4 2.0 kills at -100pts each, a suicide for me, so a total of -450 points..... WTF! I think I actually got credit for the 2.0 kills though, wtf?

1stStrike

Banned
vixlar said:
I would like to see the classes of my squad mates on the spawn menu, so I can decide better which class choose.

Ha, the other day, I was engineer, we were on the Blackhawk. I was repairing and keeping de helicopter alive. But well, I did feel the pilot was just fyinig with no purpose, so I jump off the chopper, then... dead... I was hit by a rocket in the air, just when I jumped. I saved the helicopter with my life! It was hilarious.

I wonder if that was you I shot with the carl gustav :lol

Was on isla, heli went over my head and I shot a CG rocket just as someone jumped out and bam, dead.

Corn: no worries. I have plenty of suckage moments too.

At one point I was choosing who to spawn on and this is what I saw.

*first guy is getting shot at and dying*

Nope, not picking him!

*second guy is running around in their spawn while they're taking all of our flags*

Fuck that.

*cornbread is squating in the back of the base afk or some shit*

Fuck it, I'll just spawn in base.

And then I was like, "yo they're all at B."

"Hey guys, whooole bunch of them at B."

"Okay, I know you all fucking love that spawn and you don't really care, but THEY'RE ALL IN B!"

And that's when I owned 7 guys in a row when we finally took B back.

:lol

Edit: Thought of something from earlier in the day. I was on arica harbor conquest in the house over A. Killed a bunch of people, ran out of bullets in my sub-machine gun, killed a bunch more people with my pistol and ran out of bullets in that... all I had left was my CG and still nobody had killed me yet...

I remember danthaman being on the other team, cause he ate one of my CG rockets long range. Finally, someone killed me, but I got 15 or 16 kills in a row before I finally died.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ballistictiger said:
The lag is killing our PS3 group slaughterathons. Which is why I'm playing other games until it settles down.

Yep, which is why I'm trying to finish up Peace Walker (really good so far), Trauma Team (really good for Waggle), and Persona 4 (this has been on my backlog for about two years despite buying it Day 1, ugh). So juggling three games is better than waiting for the lag to either stop or be managable.

Did hop on earlier to try Nelson Bay Squad Deathmatch. Which isn't bad... but meh. :/

Az

Sorry all I tried to join you last night but my modem keeps restarting itself after 10 minutes of playing online. You probably saw me signing on and off since I kept trying different settings.

Anyone know what it could be?

Shred0r said:

I'm on PC!

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

LowParry

Just got back into playing (PC) this after a long period break. Finished off Engineering. UMP. So nice. I find it very easy to get headshots with no scope aims with sub machine guns. Couple taps of the mouse and they're good as dead. Lastly is Medic. Approaching Rank 27.

vixlar

1stStrike said:
I wonder if that was you I shot with the carl gustav :lol

Was on isla, heli went over my head and I shot a CG rocket just as someone jumped out and bam, dead.

I don't think so. It happened to me on Valparaiso...

StayUp

Well i got bronze for everything and still no Insignias. I'm guessing i have to buy the Specact weapons and bronze them?

1stStrike

Banned
StayUp said:
Well i got bronze for everything and still no Insignias. I'm guessing i have to buy the Specact weapons and bronze them?

You're missing something. Have you used the 40mm shotgun and 40mm grenades? Most people miss those.

Oh, and I went to try out the new maps and I get this:

"The Playstation Network is currently down for maintenance."

Damn it, Sony.

Cornbread78

TheAzRim said:
Sorry all I tried to join you last night but my modem keeps restarting itself after 10 minutes of playing online. You probably saw me signing on and off since I kept trying different settings.

Anyone know what it could be?

Is it plugged directly into the wall or through a surge protector? Either that or your ISP was all f'ed up.

Try unplugging the router let it sit for three minutes and plug it back in.

Az

Cornbread78 said:
Is it plugged directly into the wall or through a surge protector? Either that or your ISP was all f'ed up.

Try unplugging the router let it sit for three minutes and plug it back in.

Looks like my ISP had some problems in my area, seems to work now... too bad PSN is down...

elektrixxx said:
Title: Multiplayer Update
Game: Battlefield: Bad Co. 2
Description: Update contains new content that will improve and enhance your Battlefield Bad Company 2 experience. Also includes new store items available for purchase separately.

File Size: 283 MB
Why this isn't this a regular patch? Why do I have to download 280MB of stuff I'm not gonna purchase anyway? Just weird.

Veritas_

2 questions that have been bugging me, haven't seen them addressed.

1 - What's the ammo resupply timing for grenades? Sometimes I seem to resupply rifle/hand grenades instantly, other times I have to sit on the box for a while. It doesn't seem to be related to when I last fired, since I've had times where I can sit on an ammo crate and shoot off multiple rifle grenades.

2 - I bought BC2 for PS3, is it possible to use the same account on a PC, or do I need a new copy? I'm pretty close to unlocking everything, so I'd hate to have to do it all over again.

Veritas_ said:
2 questions that have been bugging me, haven't seen them addressed.

1 - What's the ammo resupply timing for grenades? Sometimes I seem to resupply rifle/hand grenades instantly, other times I have to sit on the box for a while. It doesn't seem to be related to when I last fired, since I've had times where I can sit on an ammo crate and shoot off multiple rifle grenades.

BOOM.png

2 - I bought BC2 for PS3, is it possible to use the same account on a PC, or do I need a new copy? I'm pretty close to unlocking everything, so I'd hate to have to do it all over again.

you'd have to do it all over again.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
VibratingDonkey said:
Why this isn't this a regular patch? Why do I have to download 280MB of stuff I'm not gonna purchase anyway? Just weird.
Something something Microsoft policies.

probably because some of the things they added/fixed/updated couldn't be done a patch.

remember, 360 game patches have a filesize limit of like 5MB and can only patch the executable.
This, just that i was too lazy to explain it. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom