• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az

Had some amazing games late last night, too bad you left 8bitgeorge it got really good after that. Some guys kept blowing up our MCOM while defending on Port Valdez so they can get to the Apache. Well when we got there I blew it up and Wes parked a tank on the Apache spot so it wouldn't re-spawn. They had 4 guys running around Wes putting c4 and all kind of stuff on to get him to move. He got a bunch of hate mail, but we were cracking up.

kai3345

Banned
The fuck? I'm playing a game of conquest and my team is up 225 to 75and then a few more minutes pass, the game ends and the screen say my team lost. What the fuck? This ever happened to anyone else?

1stStrike

Banned
kai3345 said:
The fuck? I'm playing a game of conquest and my team is up 225 to 75and then a few more minutes pass, the game ends and the screen say my team lost. What the fuck? This ever happened to anyone else?

Yea, it's a bug. If you look at the pins, you should have the "conquest winner" pin in your list.

It's another one of those sad, but easy, bugs that could/should've been fixed long ago.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
It's called a carl gustav/mortar strike/tank :p

Best ways to get D 2.0 kills.

Yep, forgot about the CG.

... and go for corners midway between the first and second floor, you can take out 4 panels with one shot it you hit it right.

the optic perk with tanks makes it safer/easier to hit buildings from range (and actually see and hit the remaining wall pieces)

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Had some amazing games late last night, too bad you left 8bitgeorge it got really good after that. Some guys kept blowing up our MCOM while defending on Port Valdez so they can get to the Apache. Well when we got there I blew it up and Wes parked a tank on the Apache spot so it wouldn't re-spawn. They had 4 guys running around Wes putting c4 and all kind of stuff on to get him to move. He got a bunch of hate mail, but we were cracking up.

:lol :lol :lol Awesome, they deserve the frustration.

The other night when you were having ISP problems Wes, Freddy and I were playing against these punks and for a bit we thought they were actually trying to drag the match out just for the points/kills (it didn't help that the rest of our team of randoms were complete idiots).

There was an attacking Bradley that was covering A on the 2nd to last set of m-coms on Valaparisio. He was just raping the team but not a single engineer to be found :( I was pinned down right in front of him and behind those cement blocks and taking damage. I figured I'd die soon or suicide and switch to engy when an enemy recon jumps over the barricade and starts shooting me. I manage a quick headshot and his body crumples at my feet so I grab his kit, switch to mortar strike, peek around the corner and blast the Bradley. Soooo much fun.

On the last set of m-coms the punks somehow got behind us and camped out in the hills behind and to the left of A. They showed no interest in trying to arm the last m-com, they were content to just sit up there with their 4x medics, assaults and recons, racking up kills. Our squad was getting reallly pissed. They finally started running low on tickets and started charging down. I had my CG and as I turned toward one of the buildings in the back I saw an enemy assault and two teammates spawn off of him. I fired quick and caught them before they spread out for a nice triple kill.

I just love paying back douches. Even better, that's that same match where we won with Wes getting the last kill as the A m-com of final stand was in fast-whoop. :lol

1stStrike said:
Yea, it's a bug. If you look at the pins, you should have the "conquest winner" pin in your list.

It's another one of those sad, but easy, bugs that could/should've been fixed long ago.

The weird thing is that i've never had that occur until the 1.03/1.04 patches. Now I get it a couple times a night.

kai3345

Banned
So after playing Atrica Harbor (or is it Africa? Idk, I'm playing on an SDTV, all my words are blurry) pretty much all morning, I can safely say its probably now my second favorite conquest map behind that fall one with the barn and derailed train.

MrPing1000 said:
Still getting random disconnects from servers on the pc. It's making the game unplayable as you lose all your score. Dunno wtf it is either, just know I'm not the only person with the problem.

Wait, I forget--did you say you just recently started playing BC2? Did you download the latest PB client and update it specifically for BC2?

After my reformat, I forgot to do that and kept getting kicked from games.

todahawk

kai3345 said:
So after playing Atrica Harbor (or is it Africa? Idk, I'm playing on an SDTV, all my words are blurry) pretty much all morning, I can safely say its probably now my second favorite conquest map behind that fall one with the barn and derailed train.

Close, it's ARICA Harbor. I play more rush than conquest but yeah, it's one of my favorites too.

Along with Arica being pronounced "Africa", there's also Port Valdez being incorrectly pronounced. It's Port Val-DEEZ, as in, Port Valdez nuts.

Onslaught update: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...ive/2010/06/10/prepare-for-the-onslaught.aspx

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is bringing Battlefield's first co-op mode to consoles with Onslaught mode. Up to 4 players can tackle the new objective based missions posting your best times on the co-op leaderboards as well as the chance to obtain new achievements and trophies. Onslaught will be available from June 22nd on Xbox 360 for 800 MS Points and on the PlayStation Network in North America for $9.99 followed by the European PlayStation Network on June 23rd for 8.99€.

If you were to play Onslaught in picture form it would look something like this:

Also, whoa. Kit shortcuts???

Also this month, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kit Shortcuts will be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for those players who don't have time to spend levelling up to unlock all the kit specific items but still want to be competitive with those who have unlocked everything. The Kit Shortcuts will give you the unlocks available for kit each kit while still allowing you to progress through the ranking system as normal and will be available for 560 MS Points/$6.99 individually or if you want the whole bundle of kit shortcuts including the 7 available vehicle unlocks, 1600 MS Points on Xbox Live and $19.99/17.99€. The Kit Shortcuts will be available on Xbox Live Worldwide and European PlayStation Network from 16th June with the North American PlayStation Network having access to the shortcuts from 22nd June.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Onslaught release date and pricing

"Onslaught will be available from June 22nd on Xbox 360 for 800 MS Points and on the PlayStation Network in North America for $9.99 followed by the European PlayStation Network on June 23rd for 8.99€."

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think that shortcuts are a great way to do paid DLC.

I will buy Onslaught day one.

Mr. Snrub said:
Along with Arica being pronounced "Africa", there's also Port Valdez being incorrectly pronounced. It's Port Val-DEEZ, as in, Port Valdez nuts.

Onslaught update: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...ive/2010/06/10/prepare-for-the-onslaught.aspx
$10... expected...
Also, whoa. Kit shortcuts???

i guess now that the former best weapons were nerfed, all the people who bought the specact kits need to get their AN-94 on...

todahawk

Mr. Snrub said:
Never heard that before. I knew it was spelled ARICA but pronounced "AFRICA"??? :/

Mr. Snrub said:
"Also, whoa. Kit shortcuts???"

I don't think i like it. Did they just see this revenue stream now? Why not Day 1? I know the other side of the coin is that it technically doesn't affect me but like Strike said, we'll be seeing low levels with the m60's, CG, etc.

Maybe Dice should put an * next to anyone who didn't "earn" it.
not including my damn pre-order bonuses!

Is the option to buy level 50 coming next?

kai3345 said:
So Onslaught isnt free even if you have a VIP code?

No, there are 2 more items in the store that are VIP to be released, but we don't know the contents, or as far as I'm aware, seeing how the Cerberus goodies ended in ME2, I wouldn't expect too much....

1stStrike

Banned
That's good. Buy onslaught, play it, and let us know if it's worth it for the rest of us to buy. I'm not going to fork out $10 for a mode if none of my friends are going to play it.

It's like, "YEA, ONSLAUGHT, BRING YOUR FRIENDS!"

*looks at friends list, and none of my friends have bought it*

"Uhh... slight miscalculation*

Raide

Hrmmm...my playtime is lacking a bit, so hopefully the Onslaught mode will pep it up. They really need to start kicking out the new maps soon, just adding new modes to old maps is getting a tad boring.

Fersis

1stStrike said:
That's good. Buy onslaught, play it, and let us know if it's worth it for the rest of us to buy. I'm not going to fork out $10 for a mode if none of my friends are going to play it.

Im buying it.

greenjerk said:
Never heard that before. I knew it was spelled ARICA but pronounced "AFRICA"??? :/

I don't think i like it. Did they just see this revenue stream now? Why not Day 1? I know the other side of the coin is that it technically doesn't affect me but like Strike said, we'll be seeing low levels with the m60's, CG, etc.

Day one:
Fersis: Gonna pick a medic woo! * Picks a medic * lolwut? It can revive or heal!
People with $$: Lolz we already have ever unlock! LOLZ NOOB!

So yeah, its cool to do this after everyone had time to unlock all the stuff.
Day one would have been crazy.

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Im buying it.

Day one:
Fersis: Gonna pick a medic woo! * Picks a medic * lolwut? It can revive or heal!
People with $$: Lolz we already have ever unlock! LOLZ NOOB!

So yeah, its cool to do this after everyone had time to unlock all the stuff.
Day one would have been crazy.

Yea, but you only play for like 10 minutes a day.

*Your friend Fersis has signed on*

"WOOT, YEA, FERSIS IS O--"

*Fersis signs off*

"..."

*goes back to playing with randoms*

:lol

Fersis

1stStrike said:
Yea, but you only play for like 10 minutes a day.

*Your friend Fersis has signed on*

"WOOT, YEA, FERSIS IS O--"

*Fersis signs off*

"..."

*goes back to playing with randoms*

I usually check if its laggy, if its laggy i turn off the PS3.
(And sadly it has been unplayable for the last 3 to 4 weeks =/)
Sorry :3

todahawk

Fersis said:

I usually check if its laggy, if its laggy i turn off the PS3.
(And sadly it has been unplayable for the last 3 to 4 weeks =/)
Sorry :3

I figured as much. I think we've only been in a couple of matches together :(

----

Re: kit unlocks, don't we usually frown on kids that hack multiplayer games to get max level and weapon unlocks??? What's the dif here? Lemme guess, it's legit now?

I remember kids getting a ton of shit (banned even) on the 360 for hacking level 10 prestige on MW2.

greenjerk said:
I figured as much. I think we've only been in a couple of matches together :(

----

Re: kit unlocks, don't we usually frown on kids that hack multiplayer games to get max level and weapon unlocks??? What's the dif here? Lemme guess, it's legit now?

I remember kids getting a ton of shit (banned even) on the 360 for hacking level 10 prestige on MW2.

I think it's much worse kids hacking games to get invencibility and all that shit, it's awful, this not so much, I can see what you trying to say, but if you are better than them it will make no difference.

It would have been really bad if this was launched as Day 1 DLC.

Also I <3 your avatar, who is she?

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, honestly, you can own with any of the weapons in the game if you're good enough. Sure, some are easier than others, but you're not going to see a bunch of low levels running around pwning everyone even with all the weapons unlocked.

This isn't WoW. A newb is still a newb.

todahawk

Relaxed Muscle said:
I think it's much worse kids hacking games to get invencibility and all that shit, it's awful, this not so much, I can see what you trying to say, but if you are better than them it will make no difference.

It would have been really bad if this was launched as Day 1 DLC.

Also I <3 your avatar, who is she?

Yeah, I know it doesn't affect me directly but the point of it does. Meh.
Yeah, the uproar if this was Day 1 would be horrible. I think you just answered my above question on why they didn't.

re: my avatar... that would be my wife, Katy Perry.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
Yeah, the uproar if this was Day 1 would be horrible. I think you just answered my above question on why they didn't.

And what would your wife be doing in that pic... hummm?

1stStrike

Banned
katy-perry-in-a-bikini.jpg

Whoa, sweet wife dude. :lol

(looks like you guys had an argument, eh? eh? :D)

greenjerk said:

Yeah, it probably affects me more since I'm a low levels not willing to pay for that shit, and now other low levels will have an adge against me, but in Battlefield knowing your role in the squad and every inch of the maps in way more important.

RE: congrats, she's cute.Damn I hope I didn't derailed the thread :lol

greenjerk said:

I don't know, I'm kind of torn. On one hand, people complaining about not wanting to have to level up now have an option...but the ability to purchase "level up" doesn't sit well with me. Guess it's some weird sense of pride, but I'm not bent up about it. More options is never a bad thing.

Haven't really heard much lately on the PC patch, but looks like hit reg is getting an upgrade: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...ge-ranking-guy-p-h-initials.html#post15702399

Bazajaytee said:
We have made some hit reg changes in the coming update (one of the things not on the changelist until we confirm everything before release).

Also, he confirms that showing optics on the M14 in the latest Onslaught video was a pure mistake, not a hint of things to come :(

1stStrike said:

No idea what her butt looks like (I have a feeling, going by the usual white girl "huge tits no ass", that I'd be disappointed) but from the front, this is perfect.

todahawk

1stStrike said:

Yeah, I sometimes forget... ex-wife.
Small pic from our trip to vegas, what a blast. *sniff*
yg3y9ytxuo_kp1-150x150.jpg

@mr. snub- regarding my wife's ass... not too shabby.
Katy-Perry-Bikini-Butt-2.jpg

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Oh no, it seems I've fallen into OT and I can't get out!

*attempts to drag his mind out of the gutter, and fails*

:lol :lol :lol

My wife would be less than thrilled if she saw this thread.
n87951800747_3139.jpg

back on-topic!

1 more kill for the assault m16 spectat gold and badge, 33 for the mg3.

I think i'm going back to the AN-94 after I'm done with the M16, prolly a little time with the XM8.

The M24 felt awesome, accurate and quick after playing with the m95 spectat for so long.

Still can't believe I have ZERO kills with the AA turret. 4m 40seconds and no kills, just a few assists. :(

1stStrike

Banned
Don't worry, I've shot down a lot of helicopters with it, and I only have 12 AA kills. Most people bail out before I can take out their chopper.

1stStrike said:

hey, maybe it's like Squad Rush was, and only one person needs to own it, and they can just invite friends in... hah, who am i kidding, this mode will be worthless.

Fersis

greenjerk said:
has anyone been able to download VIP3 from the in-game store today?
The PSN is kind of borked with all this maintenance thingy. =/

1stStrike said:
Oh sweet, I can't wait to see lvl 4's running around with AN-94's, M60's, CG's, and M95s. :lol
Show them how it's really done :D

I don't really care for kit shortcuts because it's easy as hell to unlock everything anyways.

1stStrike

Banned
At my current rate of editing, I should be on by... no later than 10 pm EST. If you're not on by then, I'm going to punch you in the face :|

Crak: I hope I've pissed off some newbies and schooled them in my time in BC2. What makes me sad is that I haven't gotten any hate mail yet. Even when I go 29 and 7, or in some conquest games have over 40 or 50 kills... no hate mail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom