• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
VibratingDonkey said:
Why this isn't this a regular patch? Why do I have to download 280MB of stuff I'm not gonna purchase anyway? Just weird.
probably because some of the things they added/fixed/updated couldn't be done a patch.

remember, 360 game patches have a filesize limit of like 5MB and can only patch the executable.

The Faceless Master said:
BOOM.png

you'd have to do it all over again.

I'm such a noob, I didn't know that ammo boxes resupply 'nades.

Anyway, anyone want to squad up. Euro gaffer, but haven't been experiencing lag like you guys.

XBL Tag - Level 7 Boss.

See you on the other side.

todahawk

dskillzhtown said:
Has anyone tried out the new Squad DM map?

Shit, VIP3 is up???

@AzRim: you have DSL? What's happening, you just lose connectivity? That really sucks...

I hopped on late and joined Wes and Freddy and we had this fucking epic defensive win on Valaparisio. Down to the last m-com, it was whooping like crazy and Wes got the last kill just before it went off. I actually thought we lost at first... the other team was half a clan and they were complete punks.

Destruction 2.0 update: 7... got two guys trying to disarm the first A m-com on Port Valdez. Brought the house down on them with the tank. :D

greenjerk said:
Shit, VIP3 is up???

@AzRim: you have DSL? What's happening, you just lose connectivity? That really sucks...

I hopped on late and joined Wes and Freddy and we had this fucking epic defensive win on Valaparisio. Down to the last m-com, it was whooping like crazy and Wes got the last kill just before it went off. I actually thought we lost at first... the other team was half a clan and they were complete punks.

Destruction 2.0 update: 7... got two guys trying to disarm the first A m-com on Port Valdez. Brought the house down on them with the tank. :D
yep, it was up this morning.

Squad Rush is just not my thing, and Laguna Alta is more of the same. Squad DM on Nelson Bay is hilarious! the map is basically bases 2 and 3 and the Bradley spawns on the train tracks near A of the 3rd base. there aren't any train cars in front of A like in Rush.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm probably not going to be on till later tonight (and such as it will be for the next couple of days) as I'm trying to get my edits finished by THIS weekend. I got some good news this morning from an agent, so I need to step things up a bit.

Az

greenjerk said:
Shit, VIP3 is up???

Have sucky Comcast cable. Internet is good just not reliable.

Avyrocky

Banned
Man whats with the screen tearing in this game for PC? Are the console versions as bad as this?

The tearing is so bad my brain feels like it has just done a tequila stuntman....

PS3 tears occasionally but I have adapted to the point that I don't see it. I'm too focused on something to notice it much like other people.

1stStrike

Banned
Avyrocky said:
Man whats with the screen tearing in this game for PC? Are the console versions as bad as this?

The tearing is so bad my brain feels like it has just done a tequila stuntman....

I'm not ultra sensitive to this kinda stuff, but the only thing I've noticed is the ultra bright bloom on consoles. Makes shooting people in the distance a pain in the ass sometimes (unless you're using the mortar strike goggles)

Razor210

1stStrike said:
I'm not ultra sensitive to this kinda stuff, but the only thing I've noticed is the ultra bright bloom on consoles. Makes shooting people in the distance a pain in the ass sometimes (unless you're using the mortar strike goggles)
I just figured the sun was just that damn bright.

Avyrocky said:

Really? I rarely if ever notice tearing.

1stStrike

Banned
No_Style said:
First lag-free BC2 game in a long, long time. I almost gave up hope.

Yea, it was nice tonight. We didn't lose a single game either. Had a close one, where olimpia was whining "oh noooo, my 15 game win streak, we're gonna loooose" but we made a come back and won it.

Played nothing but conquest tonight. While fun, it's all I've played for a couple of days. I think I'm ready to get back into rush tomorrow.

1stStrike said:
Yea, it was nice tonight. We didn't lose a single game either. Had a close one, where olimpia was whining "oh noooo, my 15 game win streak, we're gonna loooose" but we made a come back and won it.

Played nothing but conquest tonight. While fun, it's all I've played for a couple of days. I think I'm ready to get back into rush tomorrow.

Definitely good run tonite. Man I leveled up through a few Engr guns tonite. two more guns left then im done with this class lol.

Binabik15

How does damage calc against armour work?

Tanks driving over my mines is a destroyed vehicle 19 out of 20 times. Throwing a single C4 at a tanks´ side resulted only in a damaged tank, but they do the same damage according to this chart. Now I´ll always try to place two sticks before blowing myself up.

I hate vehicles*. Enemy vehicles around my guys are a personal insult to me, so I HAVE to blow them up. Almost every time I play to get a medal with a certain weapon I make no progress because I´ll use engi or recon to blow up vehicles.

*Unless I´m inside them and can use a machine gun. I <3 alt fire.

PS: The G36 looks so badass on our guys. Red berets are always fashionable. Do you know why they´re not driving in their armoured vehicles, though? Because they lack cooling. Our military is a joke :lol

Tanks and Bradley both have 1250 health. C4 and Landmines does exactly 865 damage to it. Missiles like RPG 360 damage against vehicles, CG 280 damage against vehicles, and AT4 420 damage against vehicles. Those missles does about double damage on the side and back of the tank and does normal damage upfront.

BaZZaa

Neo Member
How I love this game!

ps3_BaZZaa83.png

Going for the shottie and the c4 now. I really like to switch a lot between classes to keep the game fresh!

Binabik15

Ballistictiger said:
Tanks and Bradley both have 1250 health. C4 and Landmines does exactly 865 damage to it. Missiles like RPG 360 damage against vehicles, CG 280 damage against vehicles, and AT4 420 damage against vehicles. Those missles does about double damage on the side and back of the tank and does normal damage upfront.

Okay, just needed the tank health. I´ve seen the vids about rocket damage, but that´s ingame and using the 100 health stat. But still, how comes some tanks seem to blow up when driving over a single mine? I rarely lay down two mines close together and they still go boom without anyone shooting them beforehand.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So which maps/modes are on VIP Map Pack #4 ?
EDIT: Never mind just read this:

Map Pack #4 info was meant to have gone out at the same time Map Pack #3 became available. Working on getting the Map Pack #4 out as soon as possible.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
yep, it was up this morning.

Squad Rush is just not my thing, and Laguna Alta is more of the same. Squad DM on Nelson Bay is hilarious! the map is basically bases 2 and 3 and the Bradley spawns on the train tracks near A of the 3rd base. there aren't any train cars in front of A like in Rush.

On White Pass, they changed the color filter and it looks soooooo much better, IMO.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Avyrocky said:

...You do realize on PC that you can remove tearing from just about every single game right? It's like something you can't complain about because it's incredibly easy to stop.

todahawk

Anyone else on ps3 having trouble getting map pack 3? The PS store was down last night but I still couldn't grab the map pack this morning.

Did map pack 3 also include optics for the all kit weapons? Or at least the G3 and M14?

oh yeah, there's gotta be new blood, i keep getting tags and d2.0's,i'm up to75 D2.0's and platinum knife! i was 5 away from platinum and got 10 in one game, including 3 from the same guy in the same spot.

Binabik15 said:

Tanks driving over my mines is a destroyed vehicle 19 out of 20 times. Throwing a single C4 at a tanks´ side resulted only in a damaged tank, but they do the same damage according to this chart. Now I´ll always try to place two sticks before blowing myself up.

I hate vehicles*. Enemy vehicles around my guys are a personal insult to me, so I HAVE to blow them up. Almost every time I play to get a medal with a certain weapon I make no progress because I´ll use engi or recon to blow up vehicles.

PS: The G36 looks so badass on our guys. Red berets are always fashionable. Do you know why they´re not driving in their armoured vehicles, though? Because they lack cooling. Our military is a joke :lol
it's always been 2 C4's to take out a tank. 1 mine *can* take out a tank sometimes if it's directly over it, but it's not reliable, i know i've been in a tank many times and seen a mine too late and hit the brakes and ate 70% damage, and i've also been a passenger and seen a mien and troed to spot/shoot it and then bailed because i can'ttell the driver, and they drive right over it and usually die.

the website that image is from goes into a little more detail on damage vs armor

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

todahawk

oh yeah, there's gotta be new blood, i keep getting tags and d2.0's,i'm up to75 D2.0's and platinum knife! i was 5 away from platinum and got 10 in one game, including 3 from the same guy in the same spot.

it's always been 2 C4's to take out a tank. 1 mine *can* take out a tank sometimes if it's directly over it, but it's not reliable, i know i've been in a tank many times and seen a mine too late and hit the brakes and ate 70% damage, and i've also been a passenger and seen a mien and troed to spot/shoot it and then bailed because i can'ttell the driver, and they drive right over it and usually die.

the website that image is from goes into a little more detail on damage vs armor

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Yeah, suddenly i've been getting 2.0 kills that I'd been struggling to get before. Lots of new low level players.

And I've always done two C4 and group mines in twos.

Fersis said:
So which maps/modes are on VIP Map Pack #4 ?
EDIT: Never mind just read this:
poor Bazajaytee having to be the one that gets to be in the hot seat over EA's decision to drip out content already on the disk. they need to hire a fall guy, like that witty numbers reference guy at the other place that made shooters...

dskillzhtown said:
On White Pass, they changed the color filter and it looks soooooo much better, IMO.
yeah, it's more like BRIGHT PASS now...

greenjerk said:
Yeah, suddenly i've been getting 2.0 kills that I'd been struggling to get before. Lots of new low level players.

yep. i've been doing two since one didn't work in the beta.

Wthermans

Banned
dygiT said:
Still waiting for the PC patch that was supposed to come out a month ago, DICE!
Don't worry man. DICE is thinking about the PC crowd as they release patches, game modes, and "new" maps for consoles. We'll get something good. They promised!

Binabik15 said:

A single C4 can take a tank, if it's planted on the floor and you made it explode right when the tank is over it.

I supose the bottom of tanks are a weak point too.

I gotta start playing again, another case of so many games so little time.

Anymore I feel like Im collecting more games then playing lol

heres my stats thus far, not to bad not to good
ps3_PKM.png

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:

Damn, not fair! I'm still stuck at 2 2.0 kills. WTF?! I think I've been trying way too hard. My k/d has dropped almost into the 7's since I've been trying to get them, I just can't get it right, ever....

Cornbread78 said:
Damn, not fair! I'm still stuck at 2 2.0 kills. WTF?! I think I've been trying way too hard. My k/d has dropped almost into the 7's since I've been trying to get them, I just can't get it right, ever....

I got a few 2.0 kills in the demo, I feel like it will take me a lot of hours right now just get one, at least it's nice that all the dogtags I got in the demo are still there...

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:

i stopped trying to c4 buildings, i was dying too much and never got anyone. i use the GL, mortar strike and tanks.

I'm starting to get a better idea of what buildings to target.... still seems to take a bit of luck to catch them.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
i stopped trying to c4 buildings, i was dying too much and never got anyone. i use the GL, mortar strike and tanks.

I'm starting to get a better idea of what buildings to target.... still seems to take a bit of luck to catch them.

I need to unlock the M16, so I'm going to have to play a lot of assault and try using 40mm granades a little more instead, the C-4 is great takign building down, but I either die while planting, die from the explosion, or kill the guy with the C-4 instead of getting the 2.0 kill.

Time for the assault in me to shine. It's gonna feel like R2 almost with all the 40's, LOL.

Still getting random disconnects from servers on the pc. It's making the game unplayable as you lose all your score. Dunno wtf it is either, just know I'm not the only person with the problem.

1stStrike

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
I need to unlock the M16, so I'm going to have to play a lot of assault and try using 40mm granades a little more instead, the C-4 is great takign building down, but I either die while planting, die from the explosion, or kill the guy with the C-4 instead of getting the 2.0 kill.

Time for the assault in me to shine. It's gonna feel like R2 almost with all the 40's, LOL.

It's called a carl gustav/mortar strike/tank :p

Best ways to get D 2.0 kills.

Cornbread78

MrPing1000 said:
Still getting random disconnects from servers on the pc. It's making the game unplayable as you lose all your score. Dunno wtf it is either, just know I'm not the only person with the problem.

I haven't had any disconnects on but what has happended to me three times now is, I'll dr driving a tank, and I'll crash into something or there will be an explosion and my system will totally freeze up and I'll be unable to access the XMB menu or anything... Has this happened to anyone else, or am I on my way to yet another YLOD with this Fatty PS3?

Originally Posted by 1stStrike
It's called a carl gustav/mortar strike/tank :p
Best ways to get D 2.0 kills.

I'll just have to stop trying so damn hard and just get my kill count up there like R2 and KZ2.

1stStrike

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
I haven't had any disconnects on but what has happended to me three times now is, I'll dr driving a tank, and I'll crash into something or there will be an explosion and my system will totally freeze up and I'll be unable to access the XMB menu or anything... Has this happened to anyone else, or am I on my way to yet another YLOD with this Fatty PS3?

It's not just you. It's frozen quite a bit for me too. One happened the other day when I was playing conquest. Over 4k kill points, top of the board, game ended and I respawned because I had just died... and it froze before the score screen came up. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom