• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't received one hate mail myself. Maybe if we were on Xbox live we could have gotten one. PSN members are quiet other then the COD players. Everytime my friend plays COD doesn't matter which one I always hear a little kid.

Pete Rock

1stStrike said:
What makes me sad is that I haven't gotten any hate mail yet. Even when I go 29 and 7, or in some conquest games have over 40 or 50 kills... no hate mail :(
Only hate mail I've ever received is from level 50 toads who can't stand to lose legitimately. Best game I ever had was 85-15 on Nelson Bay and I didn't hear a peep from anyone, let alone a single nemesis.

The last time I played for over half an hour was about a month ago with Faceless and a local buddy, we lit these fuckers up bad on Arica running two tank crews with our squad. I was rocking HD rounds for the extra damage on enemy tanks, also helps me get admittedly cheap aoe spam infantry kills.

5 tickets before they lost I get a message from their best player who just ragequit "nice tank cheats noobass bet you feel proud"

I replied "hey, better luck next time man good games"

His reply to my gratuitously courteous response: "your (sic) nothing but a cheating noob with no skill"

It was certainly awesome, but not as awesome as being able to play without debilitating lag. Might hop on tonight to see if the patch has moved things in the right direction, unlike this thread, hope so.

Ballistictiger said:
I haven't received one hate mail myself. Maybe if we were on Xbox live we could have gotten one. PSN members are quiet other then the COD players. Everytime my friend plays COD doesn't matter which one I always hear a little kid.
until i stopped playing on PS3, i got more on PS3 than on 360...

IceMarker

PC Player here still holding out hope for that PC Patch soon.

Maybe I could fly to Romania and join the strikers for delicious irony.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Well, I've finished the story portion of RDR and it's probably time to get back to BC2 again. Any patches on 360 I need to know about?

bishoptl said:
Well, I've finished the story portion of RDR and it's probably time to get back to BC2 again. Any patches on 360 I need to know about?
Recently BFBC2 has updated to 1.04. I'll post the changelog.

The following changes are in the 1.04 update of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

o Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing Hardcore.
o The MG36 now properly has its red dot sight in Hardcore.
o Damaged vehicles no longer blink on the minimap for soldiers without a powertool.
o SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.
o 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.
o G3 and Mk14 can now use the AR Marksman specialization.
o Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.
o Scoring is now awarded after a player’s death.
o Increased Tickets in Conquest mode and significantly increased Ticket Bleed when holding a majority or more of flags.
o The Conquest Horn now only plays for a short time when running low on Tickets.
o Updated the weapon stats in the Menu to reflect previous weapon balance changes (no additional weapon balance changes were made).
o Increased the power of the UH-60 miniguns at long range.
o Armored Vehicles are now more effective at running over soldiers.
o Fixed an issue on Isla Inocentes where destroying a fence would also destroy the building containing an MCom.
o Fixed various hangs and exploits.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
bishoptl said:
Yup, theres an optional patch. (Pretty much fixes and new assets for the new game mode Onslaught)

todahawk

1stStrike said:
At my current rate of editing, I should be on by... no later than 10 pm EST. If you're not on by then, I'm going to punch you in the face :|

Crak: I hope I've pissed off some newbies and schooled them in my time in BC2. What makes me sad is that I haven't gotten any hate mail yet. Even when I go 29 and 7, or in some conquest games have over 40 or 50 kills... no hate mail :(

Bah, you're in NY, i'm in O-H-I-O. :p

@Ballistictiger: if we're counting Seks I was averaging a few per match.

todahawk

Ballistictiger said:
Thank goodness I'm not a buddy of his :lol

After his first message I was like why is this dude so angry??? Although he's been busy with other games I came to expect "AMMO NOT HEALTH" and other constructive suggestions (no sarcasm, he does have very good suggestions... usually). :D

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
Seks never complains at me, and even if he did, i wouldn't count those.

that's because you're gooooood.

and you probably don't get harassing messages from strike either... "SLUT"

1stStrike

Banned
Actually, Seks doesn't send messages anymore. At least, he hasn't in a while. It kind of sucks, really, CAUSE I NEVER KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING! :lol

Also, it's not harassment if it's true :D

The Faceless Master said:
Seks never complains at me, and even if he did, i wouldn't count those.
I'm mainly talking about does he send you messaged to play on PS3 instead of 360. Not exactly hate mail but similar to it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OldJadedGamer said:
I'll ask again...
Correct me if im wrong but Dr. Pepper codes unlocked de SPECTACT kits right?
In that case, yup theyre fixed.

Silly.Mikey said:
With maps already on the disk?? Woooopy. :( I think ill pass.
Onslaught assets were downloaded with the 1.04 patch.

Fersis said:

Yeah. The achievements unlocked correctly only if you purchased them in Europe but if you used the Dr. Pepper Codes in the US they did not unlock when you did the requirements. Good to see them fixed.

LowParry

Being a none fan of any type of healing class of any game, Medic in BC2 is so damn fun. However I get to experience the perks of deaths that piss me off. M2 rockets. Noob tubes. Snipes. :lol

Fersis said:

Onslaught assets were downloaded with the 1.04 patch.
sure, some were, and the codebase, but these maps already exist and were just repurposed.

in BC1, they added a mode for free!

Fersis

Crakatak187 said:
I asked an admin to change my name to my PSN name so everybody can call me crack now.
Awesome.

No_Style

Wow. Another night without lag for me. Niice!

Sorry about the lack of mic, Strike. We could have saved at least one armed MCOM if I had mine on.

olimpia84

Well, I'm finally back from my 6-month ban here at gaf so now I can post my impressions when playing with you guys :D :lol
I've been in so many epic games with gaffers and I'm sure there are a lot more to come! Last night was really fun playing Conquest...I think we won like 20 games in a row :lol

1stStrike

Banned
olimpia84 said:
Well, I'm finally back from my 6-month ban here at gaf so now I can post my impressions when playing with you guys :D :lol
I've been in so many epic games with gaffers and I'm sure there are a lot more to come! Last night was really fun playing Conquest...I think we won like 20 games in a row :lol

Holy shit, it's olimpia. Don't get banned again.

You missed out on tonight. We went back to rush, had some more wins, and I think two losses. All of our losses were due to jack ass team mates not pulling their weight, (durr, hey let's sit in a boat and shoot at the mountain for 10 minutes and do absolutely nothing productive)

Anyway, I'm done for the night. Will be back late tomorrow probably. I'll be done busting my ass on Saturday, and from then on I'll be back to having free time again.

olimpia84

1stStrike said:
Holy shit, it's olimpia. Don't get banned again.

You missed out on tonight. We went back to rush, had some more wins, and I think two losses. All of our losses were due to jack ass team mates not pulling their weight, (durr, hey let's sit in a boat and shoot at the mountain for 10 minutes and do absolutely nothing productive)

Anyway, I'm done for the night. Will be back late tomorrow probably. I'll be done busting my ass on Saturday, and from then on I'll be back to having free time again.

Cool, I'll be on tomorrow night as well; probably later than usual now that the World Cup starts (will record every game and watch them when I come back from work) :D

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone here using "FPS FREEK" Kontrol Freek attachments?

I just got them and I honestly can't tell if they are doing a damn thing.

Asked the same question in the Halo thread.

Thanks!

Az

Sorry I had to leave, something came up quick so had no time to say bye. Good games though, getting a bit frustrated lately.

TheAzRim said:
Sorry I had to leave, something came up quick so had no time to say bye. Good games though, getting a bit frustrated lately.

yeah played against a really cheap team with Freddy and Tswages

4 snipers in the light house, and no one was really to pop their head out to attack.
just mortar, mortar, c4 c4....

won all the games...but man did it kill my k/d

*sigh*

All night I've been seeing the same strategy (across 3 accounts):
everyone hides, get snipers to some untouchable spot (light house, high mountain), c4 ATVs, C4 UAV -> if you're in enemy base and alive, spawn camp, camp, camp.

Repeat until you hit a choke point where ATVs/sniping is no longer an option -> lose.

man if this is how everyone going to play from now on...

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, we played a couple of games earlier where they didn't even try to set the MCOM's. They just blew them up. Then, as soon as we got to the hill (Valparaiso) they got pushed back. A couple of retards even abandoned their bradley, so I grabbed it and me and No_Style started fucking them all up. They lost hard.

Had another team on arica harbor doing the same thing. They got owned on Last Stand when they couldn't just rush in and C4 all the MCOM's to death.

The whole C4 everything tactic is becoming much more prominent than actually setting the charge and defending it, it seems.

Something has got to be done with C4/Landmine damage against M-COMs or take away the bonuses completely.

That's when I joined in when you guys won on Arica Harbor.

Cynar

Crakatak187 said:
Something has got to be done with C4/Landmine damage against M-COMs or take away the bonuses completely.

That's when I joined in when you guys won on Arica Harbor.

Landmines, yes. C4, no. Landmines don't disappear on death so they should do 0 dmg to crates, c4 does so it's okay~

In my opinion C4 is much more abusive then landmines since you can strap it on a quad/jeep and blow half the M-COM health with 6 C4. While landmines you got to be next to it.

I'm not stating it should be no damage. If it was no damage then defenders would strap C4 on the M-COMs all the time. Just reduce the damage even more.

6 C4 doing taking out 25% of the M-COM health would do. Double damage for defending to prevent abuse and auto kick abusers depending on how much they do it. It's so easy to strap 12 C4 on a UAV and get instant M-COM destruction.

Deadlock

Crakatak187 said:
I asked an admin to change my name to my PSN name so everybody can call me crack now
I was going to try and do the same, for my Xbox Gamertag. My GAF name is kinda dumb anyways, just an old nickname from back in the day.

I tried the new VIP maps yesterday, and I think they are pretty good. With somebody helping on Nelson Bay deathmatch, you could probably keep the tank up and running for a while. Laguna Alta squad rush was quite good also. A small map it is.

I wish I could find a cheap video making solution for 360, because I would love to be able to post some vids on here.

Are the games still half-empty at nighttime?

Me and my bro can only play at night because of our schedule, but it sucks because the game's aren't always full.

Did the latest update improve the matchmaking or is it still the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom