• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it more populated at nighttime now since the kids are on summer break.

Decided to spice up tomorrow. I'm going to play my least and most hated class, the medic. I'm still going to be Classist. I won't be rocking the MG3,MG36, or the M60 though. I'll rock the Saw/PKM and tear up fellow Medics.

Crakatak187 said:
I find it more populated at nighttime now since the kids are on summer break.

Decided to spice up tomorrow. I'm going to play my least and most hated class, the medic. I'm still going to be Classist. I won't be rocking the MG3,MG36, or the M60 though. I'll rock the Saw/PKM and tear up fellow Medics.

you speak as if the SAW isn't deadly in the right hands.:lol

Honestly what is up with you people and the medic class hate.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry guys that i didnt re join your squad.
But i found a server with no lag!! NO LAG! Just like before the balance patch!

i still find it amusing that in BC1, they nerfed AT Mines to do 0 damage and they weren't even permanent in BC1, and they also nerfed C4 that's on vehicles doing damage to crates (C4 you put on or near a crate manually did damage) and they reversed all of that in BC2.

oh, and yes, i'm being nitpicky here, but C4 disappears 15 seconds after you die.

well, i just got my all bronzes pins, and i didn't need the 40mm underbarrel shotgun bronze to get it.
FerranMG said:
So, if you die, once you respawn you can still blow the charges up?
it takes 15 seconds to respawn.

hrm, or is it 10?

anyway, they disappear just before you're able to respawn, but if you're revived or someone takes your kit, they can detonate them.

FerranMG

The Faceless Master said:
well, i just got my all bronzes pins, and i didn't need the 40mm underbarrel shotgun bronze to get it.

it takes 15 seconds to respawn.

hrm, or is it 10?

anyway, they disappear just before you're able to respawn, but if you're revived or someone takes your kit, they can detonate them.

Great, thanks!

todahawk

great games last night.

I loved sticking it to that team with our last stand defense on Arica Harbor. I caught their UAV once on the roof and once sneaking down the stairs. W/L keeps creeping up (2.19) but my k/d shot up from .93 to .95

Scored 65k+ points last night (all bronzes pin, etc. made up 42K) and within pissing distance of about 20k+ more.

man, i hate it when i switch to recon and throw sensors because our base is crawling with enemies, and then i see the blue arrows running in the exact opposite direction of the red arrows.

todahawk

Holy shit, looks like I won't be hitting level 50... possibly ever.

Just hit 30 last night (109+ hours) and here's how far I have to go:

30 = 1,092,000
40 = 3,112,000
50 = 6,332,000

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
man, i hate it when i switch to recon and throw sensors because our base is crawling with enemies, and then i see the blue arrows running in the exact opposite direction of the red arrows.
When I am on your team, there will always be at least one arrow running your way. ;)

greenjerk said:

30 = 1,092,000
40 = 3,112,000
50 = 6,332,000

The people at level 50 already...they must be playing 5 or 6 hours a day?

Az

greenjerk said:

30 = 1,092,000
40 = 3,112,000
50 = 6,332,000

I play quiet a bit but I am at level 42. Should have rank 50 in about a month. But people have been rank 50 for a while now, they must play 12+ hours a day.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
I play quiet a bit but I am at level 42. Should have rank 50 in about a month. But people have been rank 50 for a while now, they must play 12+ hours a day.

Shit, you're not kidding about those guys that were level 50 awhile ago. I remember reading an article that said they had worked the equivalent of a full time job plus overtime (that or they're chopper whores on Atamaca)

Yeah, you do play a bit more but you also score a shitload more points per match. Seems like you average 2-3k.

1stStrike

Banned
I've seen a lvl 50 that has less hours in the game than I do. If you're just that good, and you're scoring 5 - 6k on average per match, then you're going to level up a lot quicker than me, who averages about 1.2k - 2k per match.

Btw, every time I look at my score, it's like "Oh hey I didn't do that ba--WTF, AZ HAS DOUBLE MY SCORE!" :lol

todahawk

1stStrike said:
I've seen a lvl 50 that has less hours in the game than I do. If you're just that good, and you're scoring 5 - 6k on average per match, then you're going to level up a lot quicker than me, who averages about 1.2k - 2k per match.

Btw, every time I look at my score, it's like "Oh hey I didn't do that ba--WTF, AZ HAS DOUBLE MY SCORE!" :lol

this.
:lol we need to start tracering his ass to bring him down a notch.

did you catch that last night? someone tracered a recon or something... there was a targeting box running around but no tank or vehicle.

todahawk

...and it's usually the games that I don't even look at the points/scores/kills (and don't feel like i had a particularly good match) that I pull up the final scoreboard and have a best overall player pin.

1stStrike

Banned
THAT'S CAUSE YOU'RE A SLACKER!

:lol

Anyway, I just got some pretty awesome news. Your BC2 buddy, Striketh, might be a published author soon.

*runs off to get some work done*

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:

Anyway, I just got some pretty awesome news. Your BC2 buddy, Striketh, might be a published author soon.

Congratulations !

You have to put a Fersis character... it should be a lesbian cowgirl or something like that.

todahawk

1stStrike said:

Sweet & congrats!

DenogginizerOS said:
When I am on your team, there will always be at least one arrow running your way. ;)
indeed.

greenjerk said:

30 = 1,092,000
40 = 3,112,000
50 = 6,332,000
wow, i'm over halfway (56%) there at 42.. i wonder how insane 49-50 is...

Binabik15

FUCK!

I did a alot of boring and frustrating grinding today to get almost every bronze star. Last game is Laguna Presa on Rush, we lose, but I get my my Sniperskaya bronze plus some additional kills with snipers. Which is good, because I need 90 for the 500 lame sniper kills. And I got bronze for the, uhm, pile of shit that is the Type 88 LMG. I even face raped some lvl 40 guys (one with shotty, one with M16) with a M93-R after scavenging a kit. Game ends, we loose. Okay.

Instead of my results I get to the main menu after the game, none of the kills of the last game got counted, I lost my bronze etc. Fuck me hard. I can´t do that again. So much god damned grinding. Argh.

EA won´t see money from me until they fix this game. That makes the list of publishers I boycott fucking huge, but hey, more money for other hobbies.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
Yeah, I think I'm screwed there; I won't hit lvl 50, and I sure as hell won't get the 20 2.0 kills!

Don't give up man! They seem to come in bunches. I haven't focused on any the past few nights. I need to get back on it.

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:

*runs off to get some work done*[/QUOTE]

You, you, you..... you're a MEANIE!

* Congrats by the way, at least one of us is working, I got 80 e-mails to reply to, but it's friday and I'm so unmotivated to turn the corner and get them done.

Originally Posted by greenjerk:
Don't give up man! They seem to come in bunches. I haven't focused on any the past few nights. I need to get back on it

Unfortunately, or fortunately I don;t have those words in my dictionary.... I'm going to have to run around and whore teh 40's and AN-94 tonight when I actually get on (last friady night softball game under the lights for the girls) and only 2 more Sat. of early soccer, after that. It's 10-3 on Fri. night and 10-3 on Sat. night, LOL

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
* Congrats by the way, at least one of us is working, I got 80 e-mails to reply to, but it's friday and I'm so unmotivated to turn the corner and get them done.

Unfortunately, or fortunately I don;t have those words in my dictionary.... I'm going to have to run around and whore teh 40's and AN-94 tonight when I actually get on (last friady night softball game under the lights for the girls) and only 2 more Sat. of early soccer, after that. It's 10-3 on Fri. night and 10-3 on Sat. night, LOL

Which words? "don't give up" or "focused"? :lol

Yeah, I think i got ya beat, my inbox has 185 unread messages.

ShOcKwAvE

Now that I have a video card that can play the game well, I have a performance question: is there a major performance trade-off between Dx10 and 11?

Binabik15

Ha. Forced myself to get the bronze on the Sniperskaya and the M93-R.

I did it in a Port Valdez game as attacker, feels strange to be one of "those guys", sitting back and doing nothing. Ah well, I shot the pilot out of the attack choppa, that counts as doing something, doesn´t it?

The sight on the Sniperskaya is pretty lovely I must say, certainly better than the Gol I used to get most of my sniper kills. Damn, so much time wasted :lol Now I´m dreading the bronze on the semi-autos, god they suck. I tried the Type 88 with red-dot as a quasi-assault rifle, yeah, doesn´t work.

And the bronze on the 40 mm shotgun, the weapons page shows 120 shots fired and zero kills. Bah.

Az

Haha you guys are crazy. Usually my advantage with points is that I destroy a lot of vehicles. For example on Isla I shoot down 5-6 on avarage. Then also supplying people will get you a shitload.

Congrats Strike, if you get published I'll pick up a copy.

todahawk

1 more kill for teh m16 spectat gold star but i decided to mess with the an94 again last night and boy it only took one match to realize how much i missed my baby!

And i'm back to the m60, t88 and PKM LMG's now that i'm done with the MG3 *shudders*
I did ok with it but man it takes a lot of hits to bring someone down... forget about it in close quarters, i lost every time.

todahawk

shit, shouldn't have said anything about my inet the other day. It's out and I have to swap modems out. Hopefully i'll be up and running later tonight.

1stStrike

Banned
Thanks guys :D

I'm on a role. Only three chapters more to edit, and I'm done.

green: no internet? NO INTERNET? *dies*

Also, looks like we have some new gaffers on PS3 that aren't on my friends list. Will rectify this later.

Anyway, back to being productive.

Violater

1stStrike said:

Must not quote tag

Congrats!!

1stStrike

Banned
game just froze! that hasn't happened in a while...

well, most people know what editors are for.

Aha, but it's harder than ever to get published. Editors expect manuscripts to be much more polished than they used to. It's more along the lines of, "These two manuscripts are both great, and I want to take both of them, but this one requires 3 hours of editing, and the other one requires 12 hours of editing."

Thus, the one that will take them less time to edit wins, regardless of how good the story itself might be.

I really don't want to think about how much time I've spent over the years on this manuscript.

Luckily, book 2 will be much easier to write.

Fersis

1stStrike said:
Aha, but it's harder than ever to get published. Editors expect manuscripts to be much more polished than they used to. It's more along the lines of, "These two manuscripts are both great, and I want to take both of them, but this one requires 3 hours of editing, and the other one requires 12 hours of editing."

Thus, the one that will take them less time to edit wins, regardless of how good the story itself might be.

I really don't want to think about how much time I've spent over the years on this manuscript.

Luckily, book 2 will be much easier to write.
Ok dood, how many lesbian love stories do you have on your book?

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Ok dood, how many lesbian love stories do you have on your book?

Not enough to satisfy you, I'm afraid (0).

Though, I might put a little bit of girl on girl action in book 2.

Just so I can dash your dreams ahead of time, it's a fantasy novel.

Fersis

1stStrike said:
Not enough to satisfy you, I'm afraid (0).

Though, I might put a little bit of girl on girl action in book 2.

Just so I can dash your dreams ahead of time, it's a fantasy novel.
Man you need some girl on girl action to be published!
Thats like Story Telling 101! D'UH!

;)
Good luck good man.

Hellcrow

Exams are finished, and now I'm stationed back with parents for the summer vacation. I will buy a mic soon, but need to find a fix for the crap wireless network they have here. Lags like hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom