• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocho

So I was playing Rush_Valparaiso on defense. We're doing fine, the tickets of the attacking team are about to deplete and we're on the first set of MCOMs. 3..2..1..0! Win! Or is it?!

YOUR TEAM LOST THE GAME! Wtf?!

abuC

The lag is pretty bad in this game now, I don't understand how it can run smoothly for 3 months then with successive patches the game runs worse and worse.

Drewsky

abuC said:
The lag is pretty bad in this game now, I don't understand how it can run smoothly for 3 months then with successive patches the game runs worse and worse.
Yeah, it's getting kind of ridiculous.

8bitgeorge said:
So I was playing Rush_Valparaiso on defense. We're doing fine, the tickets of the attacking team are about to deplete and we're on the first set of MCOMs. 3..2..1..0! Win! Or is it?!

YOUR TEAM LOST THE GAME! Wtf?!
it's a bug. if you check the awards after, you get a 'rush winner' pin

todahawk

SONOFABITCH!
I'm posting this quick since my internet is intermittently fubar'd. If i'm not on much this weekend you'll know why! :(

@DevilTheory: BTW, yummy avatar
11afgx2.jpg

I played in one match today. Man got a huge headache the whole afternoon and after it dissipated I joined the Squad Deathmatch game. There were so much rubberbanding my headache came back and I quit after that match.

1stStrike

Banned
I ended up on the other team in that match and killed todahawk a few times. Got you once, but you were handicapped :p

I did a few more conquest games after that. Started out good, then we ended up with a retarded team that got stuck in the spawn the whole time. So, went to rush, and more retards that got their asses handed to them.

So, I'm done for the night. I can't handle stupidity in this game anymore.

Oh, and I hit lvl 41, so I'm officially giving out gold dog tags now. Got knifed two or three times afterwards.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
I ended up on the other team in that match and killed todahawk a few times. Got you once, but you were handicapped :p

I did a few more conquest games after that. Started out good, then we ended up with a retarded team that got stuck in the spawn the whole time. So, went to rush, and more retards that got their asses handed to them.

So, I'm done for the night. I can't handle stupidity in this game anymore.

Oh, and I hit lvl 41, so I'm officially giving out gold dog tags now. Got knifed two or three times afterwards.

Yeah, i joined cornbread and discovered he was doing some squad deathmatch. First match we didn't have time to catch up with the lead squad but the second match we freaking dominated. I was an engy and we kept grabbing the bradley and i'd repair every so often but we rarely got hit with an AT and encountered ZERO mines. We were just flying around destroying the other teams, can't imagine why we didn't more engy grief (the other teams was all recon and assaults). Whatever, i'll take the wins... actually my PS3 froze hard on the winning kill :(

It was rubberbanding a little for me last night but then settled down. I played some rush on Port Valdez with scrubs and while we won it was painful. Our team was just straight up retarded... I felt like Az or Faceless, I had more than double the points of anyone else... on either team. On defense i was the only one laying mines or using AT weapons or spotting.

Hell, I scared some medic on the AA Bakhcha midway down the first hill, grabbed it and kept it most of the match. Stole the T-90 later and used it clamp down an area but had to bail to defuse since my whole freaking team was MIA.

Just clicking lately... might be that i'm forcing myself to use certain weapons any longer and pick what feels "right" for the map or circumstance. Or maybe its all the noobs.

And loving the NS2000 with slugs. So much damn fun.

todahawk

oh.. and stat sigs!
ps3_todahawk.png

Averaged almost 3K in points per match last night. All match points baby!
Just jumped up again to .96 now...
W/L dipped because of the scrubs and the game freezing on another win. :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
greenjerk said:
Nada, nothing.
Maybe a huge E3 announcement? *holds breath*

*holds game in hand*

*puts it back down*

*wonders where he put killzone*

greenjerk said:
oh.. and stat sigs!

Pretty balanced player.

1stStrike

Banned
New maps? NEW MAPS? FUCK THAT! I WANT MORE GUNS!

PEW PEW PEW PEW

(not really)

I was the top player in most games I played last night. I also enjoyed killing you and cornbread. On arica harbor I shot him in the building by C, the bradley got me, then I spawned behind him as he ran into the building looking for me and shot him again :lol

That match was stupid, though. I had 18 kills that round, and there was some recon dip shit on my team with ZERO KILLS at the end.

Oh, and MOAR STATS?

I never get tired of stat whoring.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
*holds game in hand*

*puts it back down*

*wonders where he put killzone*

Pretty balanced player.

Thank you, I try!
Plus I love trying all the weapons and classes and "sub-classes" (assault recon, shotty medic, etc.)

@strike, yeah, i didn't know you joined us until you shot me in the back from the 2nd floor of that building in the corner of Arica Harbor. :/

We shoulda backed out and formed a squad at that point. We had a quiet scrub on our team that didn't do much of anything and Crak had to bail because of his headache.

I'm bailing on the thread for a bit, gotta finish painting the landing.

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
Thank you, I try!
Plus I love trying all the weapons and classes and "sub-classes" (assault recon, shotty medic, etc.)

@strike, yeah, i didn't know you joined us until you shot me in the back from the 2nd floor of that building in the corner of Arica Harbor. :/

We shoulda backed out and formed a squad at that point. We had a quiet scrub on our team that didn't do much of anything and Crak had to bail because of his headache.

I'm bailing on the thread for a bit, gotta finish painting the landing.

Bahaha... that wasn't the first time I killed you. I got you, I believe, three times that match. :lol

I was on quite a role there for a while. Then, my team fell apart, and I spent the rest of the time trying to find people, while continually getting shot in the back. We were in the lead for a bit too. That jack ass recon guy wasn't throwing out motion sensors or anything. You should've heard me cussing him out.

And, yea, we should've, but trying to form a squad with everyone in a game is impossible. Half the people ignore it because they're already playing, and the rest aren't paying attention and never see it :lol

Anyway, enjoy painting. I should be back on tonight, and this time we should actually play WITH one another instead of against. :D

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
Yeah, i joined cornbread and discovered he was doing some squad deathmatch. First match we didn't have time to catch up with the lead squad but the second match we freaking dominated. I was an engy and we kept grabbing the bradley and i'd repair every so often but we rarely got hit with an AT and encountered ZERO mines. We were just flying around destroying the other teams, can't imagine why we didn't more engy grief (the other teams was all recon and assaults). Whatever, i'll take the wins... actually my PS3 froze hard on the winning kill :(

It was rubberbanding a little for me last night but then settled down. I played some rush on Port Valdez with scrubs and while we won it was painful. Our team was just straight up retarded... I felt like Az or Faceless, I had more than double the points of anyone else... on either team. On defense i was the only one laying mines or using AT weapons or spotting.

Hell, I scared some medic on the AA Bakhcha midway down the first hill, grabbed it and kept it most of the match. Stole the T-90 later and used it clamp down an area but had to bail to defuse since my whole freaking team was MIA.

Just clicking lately... might be that i'm forcing myself to use certain weapons any longer and pick what feels "right" for the map or circumstance. Or maybe its all the noobs.

And loving the NS2000 with slugs. So much damn fun.

LOL running around in the tank was some funny stuff. I have no idea why none of them grabbed any mines.

Although Strike is a ba$tard for killing me when planting all my C-4 on the buildings, LOL.

I think I demo'd about 6 building and not a single 2.0, I did however get about 5 C-4 kills, WTF!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Cornbread78 said:
LOL running around in the tank was some funny stuff. I have no idea why none of them grabbed any mines.

Although Strike is a ba$tard for killing me when planting all my C-4 on the buildings, LOL.

I think I demo'd about 6 building and not a single 2.0, I did however get about 5 C-4 kills, WTF!

If you want <2.0> kills just hold onto your C4 until you see some douches firing from the attic or second floor. This way the C4 blast won't kill them. Or ride with Strike in the BH on Isla on Attack. Or drive a tank and hammer buildings from afar. Or just blow shit up in general. The kills come from just playing and destroying shit. I only need two more. I've never gotten a single one while "trying" to. They just come in the heat of asskicking.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
If you want <2.0> kills just hold onto your C4 until you see some douches firing from the attic or second floor. This way the C4 blast won't kill them. Or ride with Strike in the BH on Isla on Attack. Or drive a tank and hammer buildings from afar. Or just blow shit up in general. The kills come from just playing and destroying shit. I only need two more. I've never gotten a single one while "trying" to. They just come in the heat of asskicking.

I got my last batch by just blowing shit up. When I actively tried to catch guys I got nothing but c4 kills but no d2.0 kills.

Odrion

Banned
1stStrike said:
At my current rate of editing, I should be on by... no later than 10 pm EST. If you're not on by then, I'm going to punch you in the face :|

Crak: I hope I've pissed off some newbies and schooled them in my time in BC2. What makes me sad is that I haven't gotten any hate mail yet. Even when I go 29 and 7, or in some conquest games have over 40 or 50 kills... no hate mail :(
I got hatemail after I snuck up on a dude and planted five C4 at his feet and detonated them.

todahawk

Odrion said:
I got hatemail after I snuck up on a dude and planted five C4 at his feet and detonated them.

How did he not hear the 5 "tink" of you dropping the c4??? If he's that oblivious he deserves it. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Last night i was kind of sleepy so i said: Ok ,lets play some Recon. (Ive never played recon with a sniper rifle)
First shot : Head shot.
Second Shot : Got a kill
Third Shot: I got a +33 Marksman bonus (Headshot)

It was freaky. :s

todahawk

Saw this on reddit and while I can't verify it's 100% true, this kid is supposedly 9 years old and plays with his dad, brother and sister in a squad on PC. The kid has 260+ hours in game. 9 freakin' years old.

pc_Apoc4lyps3.png

greenjerk said:
Saw this on reddit and while I can't verify it's 100% true, this kid is supposedly 9 years old and plays with his dad, brother and sister in a squad on PC. The kid has 260+ hours in game. 9 freakin' years old.

pc_Apoc4lyps3.png

Just proving that anyone can be good if they use an M60 ;)

I have nephews who are like 9 & 10 and they play this game. They're not beasts or anything like that kid, but they can play; finished ahead of me on the scoreboard more than once. Similarly, one of them has the plat for GOW3, which I just got the other day and thought was a fucking bitch. Kids can play. :D

Over the last 12 hours or so the lag in Australia seems to have been fixed for the first time since the DLC patch (1.02). A friend in Japan said the same of the Japanese servers for the same time period. I don't know what DICE have done in our regions but it seems to have worked! :D

I might actually try playing the game again...

Klocker

360, NA, new map packs, LAG as usual.... the first month or two was fanfuckintastic and since, this game is just chit for maintaining any flow.. (occasionally a good match)

todahawk

NEOPARADIGM said:
I have nephews who are like 9 & 10 and they play this game. They're not beasts or anything like that kid, but they can play; finished ahead of me on the scoreboard more than once. Similarly, one of them has the plat for GOW3, which I just got the other day and thought was a fucking bitch. Kids can play. :D

Ok, now I feel old :(

1stStrike

Banned
My manuscript is finally emailed off to the publisher, so I'm going to hop on and see how the lag is for me. If it's bad, I'll play 3DDH. If it's good, then you'd all better get on my team or ELSE (looks at todahawk)

todahawk

1stStrike said:
My manuscript is finally emailed off to the publisher, so I'm going to hop on and see how the lag is for me. If it's bad, I'll play 3DDH. If it's good, then you'd all better get on my team or ELSE (looks at todahawk)

Sweet, I've been threatened by a published author. *runs off to update resume*

Prolly won't be on til later, making dinner with mrs. todahawk...
katy460x276.jpg

...then hitting the weights before beers & a movie. :D

Rickard said:
Man, I hate it when everyone else in my squad is playing recon, yet there are still not motion mines.

It's worse when you've got no mortar support. Or your cover is a recon who doesn't know how to use a pistol.

It always makes me sad to see low level guys with M95s too. Just the way it goes I guess :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Ah, I'm not published... yet. I have a good feeling about this one, though.

Also, super laggy, so we all quit. I played some 3DDH, died in a dungeon, and just couldn't work up the motivation to do it again.

So, now I'm just kind of in this... meh mood.

Apparenly, some of my friends are getting together at midnight. I'm like, dudes, is it a fucking pajama party or something? I'll fucking fall asleep if I go out at midnight :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:
Ah, I'm not published... yet. I have a good feeling about this one, though.

Also, super laggy, so we all quit. I played some 3DDH, died in a dungeon, and just couldn't work up the motivation to do it again.

So, now I'm just kind of in this... meh mood.

Apparenly, some of my friends are getting together at midnight. I'm like, dudes, is it a fucking pajama party or something? I'll fucking fall asleep if I go out at midnight :lol
I played like 5 matches with 0 (Zero) lag. @___@
I think it was an European server.

Natakuu

Banned
I've started getting back into this game and had a pretty good time so far. I have a question about the upcoming Onslaught mode..is it as dumb as it sounds? What I read made it sound more or less like a round of attacker Rush against the CPU but without the bonus of gaining EXP for levels and weapons. It's not possibly that pointless is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom