• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violater

Treo360 said:
ps3 it's there, the lag :(
33wo76r_th.gif

SIGH...

hey guys,if it makes you feel any better, there were lag spikes on 360 today. not enough to really upset me, but i was bothered a few times by not running into or out of doors and getting killed. oh, and some dumb recon put C4 on my Bradley on Valparaiso when i was shooting A and ... waited to see if i 2would bail ... he waited a while too i got off 3 volleys and 2 hellfires and destroyed A before he finally realized i wasn't going to bail and detonated it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
abuC said:
Played with Fersis, Shoot to kill and Olmpia (I think) earlier, didn't even come close to losing a game.
abuC is a freaking beast.
The leaderboard was always abuC first , murder-lady (Or something like that,she is from my friend list.) second and me third.
Oh and Bazajaytee is a really good team player. (He plays as a assault)

Razor210

The lag last night was some of the worst I'd seen.

Combined with the fact I was playing my worst class (recon), it was quite painful.

abuC

Fersis said:
abuC is a freaking beast.
The leaderboard was always abuC first , murder-lady (Or something like that,she is from my friend list.) second and me third.

Thanks, I'll send you a friend request when I get on.

Do any other gaffers still play on PS3? I mostly try to roll with squads if I can to avoid randoms.

abuC said:

Do any other gaffers still play on PS3? I mostly try to roll with squads if I can to avoid randoms.
Yeah lots I think...Even though I need more Gaffers on my list.. :lol :lol
You can add me if you like.. PSN:B1gg_Randall

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:

Lots of us play on a regular basis. We have a fairly regular group of guys, and there's almost always somebody on. Feel free to add me. PSN is Striketh

Then there's todahawk, Crakatak187, Olimpia184, AzRim, Cornbread78, and a bunch of other people I can't remember right now (don't shoot me, I still love you)

No_Style

The pipe between myself and BC2 servers seem to be fine now. Some awesome games with Olimpia84.

Some highlights:

• We tied for top players in the game once
  • I shot down another chopper with a tank's main gun. So delicious!
  • We kept winning and working well together even w/o our mics on

Unfortunately, my game froze during the opening moments with the "Saving" message in the top right corner. By the time I got back, the server was full. Oh well, time for some CivIV.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm... lag is still going on it seems?

And people talking about me in here when I'm busy with other shit. I guess I'm... *puts on sunglasses* ...inFAMOUS. (YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Dream: I hopped onto the PS3 tonight just to see how shitty the "Lab" playlist in Uncharted 2 was. Or to play a few rounds of Peace Walker on adhoc party. Busy completing the story + extra ops in that. Too addicting. Been a good while since an offline handheld game was able to pull me in. :lol

TheSeks

Fersis said:

I need to join these games just so I can cry foul when he owns me as "hitting the cripple."

Sorry Olimpia.
I don't know why we keep bumping into one another.
Especially that one part where we were just in one another's face at the farm. :lol

nice game with toda and marvelassasin today.
Had my mic on but didn't say a thing today :D

1stStrike

Banned
Eternal Sleeper said:
Looks like they added the ability for people to do short distance teleportation in my games today.

It's a new feature they added for higher ranking players. It's called, "Predictive bullet placement". You have to predict where your opponent will teleport to, so you can place your bullets into their face. :lol

olimpia84

Had some good games today. In the afternoon with AbuC, Shoot_to_Kill (?) and Fersis (although you left right after I joined :lol )...we dominated for the most part.

Then No_Style joined and we had great games as well with no lag...we even tied with the exact same score for first in one game :D After he quit I was left in a shitty team and had to take on dreamgazer, toda and marvelassasin by myself...not much to add except that it didn't go too well for me =/

Played in a random rush for 2 matches and I did great. One moment I got surrounded by 4 guys I took them out 1 by 1 like about 6 time because of a medic. They brought more people in and I got taken out.

1stStrike

Banned
Did you change your avatar, Crak?

Also, it's because you're Crakatak. Can't fuck with that.

I'm still going to make a PSN name called "Crakalak" someday, btw. :lol

I'll be on tomorrow (today?) but going out with some buddies. Can't guarantee I'll be sober/in my right mind/not under the influence :D

abuC

Just had an epic match on Valpraiso, to put it in perspective 9 people had over 4000pts, 5 were over 5500 and one was over 7000. Both teams were evenly matched a lot of 40+ rankings in the game, it took almost an hour but we got the win, I had 5400pts and that was only the 4th highest score.

I usually play with Pinched-Face and BDmonk, I don't know if they post on here, but they are both excellent players.

Yeah my avatar is from Boondocks and I asked for user name change mainly for the people who post here. It was weird to have people say crak instead of my lame old gaf name. Crak sounds better anyways.

todahawk

Eternal Sleeper said:
Sorry Olimpia.
I don't know why we keep bumping into one another.
Especially that one part where we were just in one another's face at the farm. :lol

nice game with toda and marvelassasin today.
Had my mic on but didn't say a thing today :D

yup, good games. olimpia got me a few times but unfortunately the rest of his team was a bit weak... i've never seen conquest matches go so fast.

Ollimpia- would've sent you a squad invite but it seemed nobody on our team was quitting. Cornbread was asking for an invite and then i felt bad, he got dumped on the other team.

I wish Dice would update the invite system a llitle bit, if I send a squad invite and there's no room, it would be nice to at least give them an option to back out before dumping them in on the other team.

Put some time in with the NS2000 and getting really comfortable with it, stayed with my recon shotty most of the night. I should switched to Assault or vanilla Recon on Laguna Presa though, the entire fucking other team was engineers. I come out of the base with the Bradley and instantly have 4 RPG's heading at me. And I'm not exaggerating, it was freakin insane.

TheSeks

greenjerk said:
I wish Dice would update the invite system a llitle bit, if I send a squad invite and there's no room, it would be nice to at least give them an option to back out before dumping them in on the other team.

Start->Squad->Leave Squad.

Wait for it, I'm about to blow your mind. ;)

Start->Squad->Start Squad->Squad Options/Privacy: LOCKED/Invite Only->O, Invite Friends->FRIEND LIST HERE->JOIN MY SQUAD (START)

????

PROFIT! (Of course, you do still have to deal with LOL SAME TEAM under the conditions of slots open/closed, but yeah)

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Start->Squad->Leave Squad.

Wait for it, I'm about to blow your mind. ;)

Start->Squad->Start Squad->Squad Options/Privacy: LOCKED/Invite Only->O, Invite Friends->FRIEND LIST HERE->JOIN MY SQUAD (START)

????

PROFIT! (Of course, you do still have to deal with LOL SAME TEAM under the conditions of slots open/closed, but yeah)

*MIND BLOWN*

Seriously though, thanks. I always forget to leave the squad but I didn't know you could lock your squad to friends/invite only. Very cool.

So if I'm lucky and join a server by myself I could potentially keep a slot or two open, depending on my team and other squad makeup.

pretty sure that you don't even have to do all that, and if you just leave the squad and invite a friend, when they join, it'll automatically make the two of you a squad and set it to private (assuming they're dropped on your team)

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
pretty sure that you don't even have to do all that, and if you just leave the squad and invite a friend, when they join, it'll automatically make the two of you a squad and set it to private (assuming they're dropped on your team)

It doesn't. I've had randoms join Toda and I's squad before when I intended it to be the two of us only. (Not that that's a bad thing, two more spawn points benefit anyway) You have to manually make it private. But I haven't played the game in two weeks, so my memory is slightly fuzzy on this. Toda can test it if I don't get on tonight (gotta finish the codec stuff, unlock the MH shit and then I can get to other games while finishing Peace Walker SLOOOOOOWLY).

Toda said:
So if I'm lucky and join a server by myself I could potentially keep a slot or two open, depending on my team and other squad makeup.

No.

If it's 11/12 on your team and you make a Squad Private, it won't reserve the slot. The other person will still have to rush over, but this makes it to where you don't have to have people you don't want on your squad. If someone isn't leaving and the other person is on your team, leave squad. Make the squad you make private, invite them (they can join in game by start->select->join) and you won't have to worry about people taking your squad "seat."

olimpia84 said:
Had some good games today. In the afternoon with AbuC, Shoot_to_Kill (?) and Fersis (although you left right after I joined :lol )...we dominated for the most part.

Then No_Style joined and we had great games as well with no lag...we even tied with the exact same score for first in one game :D After he quit I was left in a shitty team and had to take on dreamgazer, toda and marvelassasin by myself...not much to add except that it didn't go too well for me =/

yeah im i_shoot_to_kill... im glad to say that we raped last nite...didnt let most of the teams out of their spawn

Avyrocky

Banned
A quick question I borrowed a friends copy of BC2 and I have tried to go online but asks me everytime to put in the cd key and it rejects the code, slack.

I installed it so I wouldnt have to use the disc. The single player works fine, but no online.

what does a brother do?

Ocho

Finally got my Plat! I'd like to thank Striketh, AzRim, and tsgwes for helping me get my last 3 demolition kills. (I lost .02 k/d ratio in the process, tho! FUUUUUUU)

Now that I'm plat, I HAD to download the spectact kit and will probably download Onslaught just to get the 100%.

/8bitgeorge is a failcompletionist

Great fun playing with GAF people, really!

Ocho

Avyrocky said:
A quick question I borrowed a friends copy of BC2 and I have tried to go online but asks me everytime to put in the cd key and it rejects the code, slack.

I installed it so I wouldnt have to use the disc. The single player works fine, but no online.

what does a brother do?

I think the cdkeys are linked to an EA account, therefore that cd key is already in use by your friend's id. I THINK.

FerranMG

What does the sniper spotter specialization do?

I unlocked it a while ago and can't figure it out. :/
(yes, I read the description, but still...)

FerranMG said:

Auto-spots the enemy. So if you scope in and just look at them the red dots will appear above their heads.

TheSeks

FerranMG said:

*hover over enemy sniper/infantry/tank*

You: ENEMY INFANTRY/TANK SPOTTED

You/outside game: WTF, I didn't press Q/Select/Back.

(You/outside game finally lightbulb as the description basically told you what this does)

Avyrocky said:
>>Stuff<<

VIP code or CD-key? PC version I assume so CD-key?

In any case, VIP/CD-keys are tied to the EA.com account that used it. YOU CAN'T REUSE THAT CODE. It's stupid, esp for CD-keys, but I guess that's to stop piracy. VIP code only stops you from not getting a few maps, not the multiplayer being locked out.

Edit: Who is [GAF]SureFire1982? I'm playing Arica Conquest with them and have no clue who the hell they are.

FerranMG

coolcole93 said:
Auto-spots the enemy. So if you scope in and just look at them the red dots will appear above their heads.

I can swear I scoped in over some enemies, and no red dot appeared over their heads. :/

Or does it only appear in the map?

Binabik15

I´ve heard it´s pretty much spotty in what it spots. Slight LOS blocking from foliage, other enemies or just bad luck will cause the scope not to spot.

I just bronze´d the Saiga, what a shitty gun. Pump actions are way more badass.

I also bronze´d the Type 88 Sniper, it´s actually very fun to use, I was really surprised. Got tons of kills on Isla, took only two games for bronze plus a few more kills.

Got a couple of kills with the 40mm shotgun as well, looks like you´ve to be really close, eh? Enemies disappearing in a hailstorm of pellets looks hilarious :lol

Only the 40mm shottie, USAS-12 and SVU left for the whole bronze stuff.

TheSeks

FerranMG said:
I can swear I scoped in over some enemies, and no red dot appeared over their heads. :/

Or does it only appear in the map?

It's finicky, you have to be (+) right on the person and the game has to decide if you have cooldown (spamming spot) or not and then let you spot. Or if you're using the 12x scope IT WON'T SPOT DESPITE YOU SEEING THE FUCKING PERSON RIGHT THERE because you're outside "spot range." (WTF, DICE?)

Don't use it if you're using the 12x scope.

Edit: And that Conquest game was laggy as shit. 20/20 KDR 1.00, thank god. Because I could barely do shit with all the warping and missed knives (I SERIOUSLY KNIFED THE DUDE IN THE BACK, THE GAME DOESN'T REGISTER IT AND HE SHOOTS ME IN THE FACE WITH A SHOTGUN. FUCKING BULLSHIT LAG. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK*/nerdrage*)

Not to bail on Surefire (whoever the hell they are), but I can't play in lag like that. Seriously DICE. It's been a month. What the fuck is going on with your server providers?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I refuse to platinum this game... doing that is almost like a personal endorsement.

Between the garbage SP and the terrible servers (that have too often made the game unplayable) I don't want to give any person on my FL or whatever the impression I've given BC2 the recklessmind seal of approval. That probably sounds ridiculous and trivial, but they already got my money... what else can I do? Maybe I can save someone else the $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom