• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerranMG

TheSeks said:
It's finicky, you have to be (+) right on the person and the game has to decide if you have cooldown (spamming spot) or not and then let you spot. Or if you're using the 12x scope IT WON'T SPOT DESPITE YOU SEEING THE FUCKING PERSON RIGHT THERE because you're outside "spot range." (WTF, DICE?)

Don't use it if you're using the 12x scope.

I might have been using the 12x scope.

I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks!

1stStrike

Banned
I usually only tea bag people when they do it to me. It's pretty funny, but it just ends up making their lives painful.

"Congrats, you shot me in the back."

*15 minutes later*

"Oh look, I seem to have added your dog tags to my robust collection...4 times." :lol

Totally forgot that I was on BC2 360 friend list! :lol So I was surprised when someone invited me (sorry forgot your gamertag :( ) an saw faceless and other gaffers. It was a pretty good couple of matches, it so much better than playing randoms that for sure.

It's a shame it was quite laggy and I have to leave so early, I was having a blast.

good games this weekend 360 GAF!

playing with randoms

2nqwjlc.jpg

playing with GAF

10xtv60.jpg

olimpia84

recklessmind said:
I refuse to platinum this game... doing that is almost like a personal endorsement.

I'm really close in getting the platinum in this game; I already got all the hardest trophies and just need a few from SP but, the SP mode is so freaking boring and bad that I just can't bring myself to finish it.

Getting the Demolition Man trophy was a royal pain in the rear but thanks to No_Style and some randoms we got it done in one night (it took like 4 hours though...urgh)

Anyways, I played a bit this afternoon (Conquest mode) with danthaman and we dominated. We did a good C4/AT mines combo to bring down all the vehicles in Panama Canal (one of my favorite Conquest maps).

1stStrike

Banned
Oh yea, danthaman. We played against his brother, dandaman last night :lol

That shit was hilarious.

And, glad dan had a good game... whenever he plays with me it's all, FUCK SHIT GOD DAMNIT, WHAT THE FUCK, I'M PLAYING LIKE SHIT :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:
Laggy shitfest. yay.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on with their server providers?

I really wish the PS3 version had a list of dedicated/hosted servers and you had your choice. At least then I could blame myself for picking a laggy server than being forced into one. :|

ACE 1991

Is the GAF and 360 community in general still thriving? I picked this up at launch but ended up selling it due to my lack of time. Now that summer has rolled around and I've just graduated high school, I've got oodles of times to really invest myself in it.

1stStrike

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
Is the GAF and 360 community in general still thriving? I picked this up at launch but ended up selling it due to my lack of time. Now that summer has rolled around and I've just graduated high school, I've got oodles of times to really invest myself in it.

Pretty sure there's still something like 20,000+ people online every day on PS3/360.

Had a couple of great games playing with TKAwesome. At first it took a couple of server surfing because it was either too laggy or too one sided (Level 6-20 against almost a whole team of level 40s). It was only the 2 of us pushing in mostly TKAwesome with his arming spree.

After finding a great server in a tiny bit of lag here and there we steam rolled them.

1stStrike

Banned
I did get on Demon's Souls for a short time today and do two duels. Beat one guy, then lost to a katana user.

Thought about starting up BC2, but I thought of the lag and gave up.

My friend is supposed to be coming over tomorrow, so if you see me on, it might be him playing. I'm trying to get him hooked so he'll play BC2 too.

NEOPARADIGM said:
360 matchmaking fail? How the hell are you getting dumped into a game where 70% of the players are ranked in the single-digits when you're 40+?
Rank is just an accumulation of points, anyone who keeps playing will eventually get enough points to be rank 50. they probably base it on the Skill rating on the MS 'Trueskill' thing.

The Faceless Master said:
Rank is just an accumulation of points, anyone who keeps playing will eventually get enough points to be rank 50. they probably base it on the Skill rating on the MS 'Trueskill' thing.

Yeah, I thought about that almost as soon as I made the post. Still seems off that you'd get jobbed with a team that shitty, though.

1stStrike

Banned
No_Style said:
Clever. There really isn't a legitimate counter to that is there?

If they get down the hill a little bit, they can shoot at you/mortar you. Did it to me before when I was shooting B with the stationary. It's really not that hard if you have a good team on defense.

No_Style said:
Clever. There really isn't a legitimate counter to that is there?

Take out the tank. It wouldn't be easy, but you can charge after you see random missiles hitting your base. Mortar strikes will also kill him or force the tank to move position, breaking his shot.

No_Style

Mortar strike is only a temporary counter. With an engineer with the tank, I don't see how you can stop this. You pretty much need a dedicated squad spawn camping the tank to stop that.

Wouldn't be worthwhile if you could mortar strike it to disrupt the tank and then repair the crate. :/

1stStrike

Banned
Or, you can, you know, just steal the tank and hide with it in the back of the base. People abandon the bradley all the time. Plus, it's easy to sneak down the hill and wait for it anyway.

I am the master of cheap tricks/vehicle jacking. :D

I love tossing C4 onto the vehicle, waiting for them to hop out, killing them, then taking the vehicle and driving off with it.

hrm, is that out of Tracer range?

i've been hit with mortars from people at the front of the hill in front of B in their base on the AT rocket just behind where that tank is, so Mortars would work.

It might work. I shoot tanks that shoot Bravo on the first base of Arica Harbor but the lockon doesn't reach their base. It went pretty far though.

Arol

Work just gave me more free time than I know what to do with thanks to no job but how come when I win a round it states that my team lost?

I haven't played in a bit but is this some new glitch or something?

olimpia84

Just finished playing some Conquest with randoms and then jumped into Rush with AzRim and tgwes but my game froze and since it was laggy I decided to quit. Sorry guys.

Arol

Crakatak187 said:
It's a minor bug, pay no attention to it. It still counts as a win if your team won.

Alright thanks.

Man its kinda laggy, I had some good games though think I'm done for the night.

I really want to get demolition man achievement/trophy but not sure if I'm ever going to get it. I have like 113hrs and I've only gotten around 9 kills towards the 20.

Ramirez

Sigh, I REALLY want to get back into this game, but the lag is just unbearable. Have they said anything at all about fixing it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ramirez said:
Sigh, I REALLY want to get back into this game, but the lag is just unbearable. Have they said anything at all about fixing it?

"We're looking into it."

AKA: Don't hold your breath, it seems. :/

That tactic is something I didn't think about. You can snipe (with a 12x scope) from there, why wouldn't the Bradley work? Genius.

It can be countered. I think the tracer will travel inf. to that distance. The question is if it'll plant/not disappear outside a certain range to that point. Mortars should be able to hit. I've thrown Mortars from that hill the tank is on into the A/B bases before. Why wouldn't it work the other way around? (Oh, right, DICE has to be complete fucking stupid on things, sup spotting range + 12x scope?)

Killing the tank would be the hardest thing, but it seems pretty easy to counter if you have a team that knows what's up and sees a missile that isn't an RPG trail coming from up high.

Az

Have no clue. Usually I ignore this, but some stuff that he said is just sick. Don't even remember playing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom