• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az

Tkawsome said:
Any examples?

Having sexual relations with the corpses of my future children.

I would love, love to get 10 minutes with this guy in a locked room.

Btw, good games TK we kicked ass. Saw you joined Crak.

TheAzRim said:
Have no clue. Usually I ignore this, but some stuff that he said is just sick. Don't even remember playing him.

The guy doesn't even have the game according to his trophy data:
Call of Duty: World at War
Grand Theft Auto IV
Modern Warfare 2
NBA 09 The Inside
Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic
UFC 2009 Undisputed

Az

Eternal Sleeper said:
The guy doesn't even have the game according to his trophy data:
Call of Duty: World at War
Grand Theft Auto IV
Modern Warfare 2
NBA 09 The Inside
Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic
UFC 2009 Undisputed

God knows how he got my PSN ID. Maybe a lurker.

Yeah you guys had 3 people and I seen TK on so I formed a separate squad. Stealing that tank in the end was well worth it. Too bad that UAV got really annoying. Wes got it afterwards, he's probably a much better driver anyways and I don't like being in a tank.

C4 our M-COMs I'm either going to spawn camp you or steal your tanks.

2real4tv

Ramirez said:
Sigh, I REALLY want to get back into this game, but the lag is just unbearable. Have they said anything at all about fixing it?

Yeah it was really bad today and some games unplayable. I had to leave 4 different games before I found one that did not lag as much.

It's the lag lottery. You either get a room with lag or a one sided game that is pitted against you. Can't really have no lag and a good team unless you hit the lottery.

Tkawsome said:
Yeah we did. Especially in that forest level, almost their whole team dropped out.

hate it when that happens.
*waits 10 minutes for someone to show up....*
*opens scoreboard*...oh they're all gone

TheSeks said:
"We're looking into it."

AKA: Don't hold your breath, it seems. :/

That tactic is something I didn't think about. You can snipe (with a 12x scope) from there, why wouldn't the Bradley work? Genius.

It can be countered. I think the tracer will travel inf. to that distance. The question is if it'll plant/not disappear outside a certain range to that point. Mortars should be able to hit. I've thrown Mortars from that hill the tank is on into the A/B bases before. Why wouldn't it work the other way around? (Oh, right, DICE has to be complete fucking stupid on things, sup spotting range + 12x scope?)

Killing the tank would be the hardest thing, but it seems pretty easy to counter if you have a team that knows what's up and sees a missile that isn't an RPG trail coming from up high.
the tracer will hit, but the lock-on ability for rockets has a max distance, it's probably within range though...

So, the PC patch change log has been updated: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...496-client-r8-server-r12-qa.html#post14828354

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
Server - Idle kick is controllable
Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
Admin Interface - much more info on kills
Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s

Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
Server Browser - Now refreshes information
Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server

Server Browser - All settings are automatically saved between sessions
Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Improved Play Now functionality
Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
Client - Support for SPECACT kits in all game modes
Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles

I THINK those are the additions, could be missing a few.

I really, really hope that they resolve the lag issue. Played my first few games in awhile yesterday (360) due to the lag, and was greeted with even more lag than I remember. Ended up slugging through one game, and then immediately went back to Blur and MW1.

Some of those highlighted changes are fuck awesome. The hitbox one though, lulwut ? Strange :lol

Glad i wont have to remember to launch in admin to see pings too, and the join queue is a great addition.

Ogs said:
Some of those highlighted changes are fuck awesome. The hitbox one though, lulwut ? Strange :lol

Glad i wont have to remember to launch in admin to see pings too, and the join queue is a great addition.

Basically, from what Baza said on the forums, the way it is now is that the hitbox lags behind a sprinting/running target, so they are sort of implemented a compensation for that that takes into account the speed of the player. Sounds pretty cool, hopefully works as intended :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mw182006 said:
Still getting kicked to dashboard at times...such bullshit.

I haven't had much lag issues, but since the last update I have been getting kicked to the dashboard atleast once a night. I still love the game, but technical/server issues are a bit trying on the nerves.

I was hoping Onslaught next week would breathe new life into the game for me and my friends, but if right in the middle of the game we are booted back to the dashboard, that would piss me the hell off.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
lag gets so bad at close combat, it becomes the draw of the dice. From 40 ping on COD5 to ping 100 on the best BC2 server.
To spice things up, add terrible hit detection. I get constantly knifed 5 meters away from the other dude, while I shoot him in the head and nothing happens.

Also had to find a workaround for the mouse negative acceleration, courtesy of the fucking console ports.

I just have to say one thing. 11 years ago UT99 and Q3 made the mouse and close combat feel right. Either that knowledge died, or this is just a fucking console port at its heart.

This game makes cod:waw gameplay feel perfect.

spyshagg said:
lag gets so bad at close combat, it becomes the draw of the dice. From 40 ping on COD5 to ping 100 on the best BC2 server.
To spice things up, add terrible hit detection. I get constantly knifed 5 meters away from the other dude, while I shoot him in the head and nothing happens.

Also had to find a workaround for the mouse negative acceleration, courtesy of the fucking console ports.

I just have to say one thing. 11 years ago UT99 and Q3 made the mouse and close combat feel right. Either that knowledge died, or this is just a fucking console port at its heart.

I've never really had a problem with lag ever since launch, but there are some issues--nothing game breaking for me.

As for the mouse acceleration, yes, there is a way to heavily modify that using some of the game setting .ini's, it was a pretty huge improvement for me. They are also fixing some of the negative mouse accel in the next patch.

I mean...it IS a console port. :lol Bad Company was a console series.

Bad Company 2: Vietnam expansion pack?!?!

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=162757

EA INVITES PLAYERS TO JOIN THE "GUN CLUB"
Numerous awards for players with new loyalty program EA

Los Angeles (California) - On June 14, 2010 - Electronic Arts Inc.. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today unveiled the Gun Club, a loyalty program that rewards players when they indulge in their favorite activity: playing their favorite titles. Gun Club members receive benefits such as the content is unlocked, an early access to test betas and demos, plus the latest news and exclusive contact with the development teams. The Gun Club brings together some of the biggest commercial and critical success in the world, including Battlefield: Bad CompanyTM 2, Medal of HonorTM and a brand new expansion pack for Digital Battlefield: Bad Company 2 taking place in Vietnam. Other titles will follow, including offers for Battlefield HeroesTM and Dead SpaceTM 2.

Cornbread78

8bitgeorge said:
Finally got my Plat! I'd like to thank Striketh, AzRim, and tsgwes for helping me get my last 3 demolition kills. (I lost .02 k/d ratio in the process, tho! FUUUUUUU)

Now that I'm plat, I HAD to download the spectact kit and will probably download Onslaught just to get the 100%.

/8bitgeorge is a failcompletionist

Great fun playing with GAF people, really!

LOL, is that all you lost? I've gone down more than that, LOL. Total BS I tell you! The worst part is, I still only have 2 2.0 kills.... Dammit..... I'm given up pretty much, LOL.

Xater

The Faceless Master said:
damn Mr. Snrub, i was about to post that, but when i hit post reply, i saw your post... beaten!

The make a new thread. If it wasn't for Fersis on Twitter I would have missed this.

The Faceless Master said:
damn Mr. Snrub, i was about to post that, but when i hit post reply, i saw your post... beaten!
:lol

Sorry!

Also, forgot to add "In b4 complaints that an Vietnam expansion pack isn't good enough!"

EDIT: Damn, looks like I'm too late :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
"Hey guys, listen... we know that a few more Rush maps would help in the rotation and that fixing this lag issue that makes the game unplayable would go a long way in restoring consumer confidence... I mean we know that would help. But here's a Vietnam game instead.

When you get bored of the four maps in BC2 you can play the four maps in BC2V"

"Meanwhile, we'll look into the lag issue."

"Cheers"

- DICEA

dskillzhtown said:
I would think this is a single-player expansion....

They'd have to pay me to play that.

Deadlock

Wow, the expansion thing is something I have been telling my friends I hope they put in the game. Ever since I played the first level of BFBC2 and saw all the models from 1943. Planes! Hell YA!

Evolved1

Deadlock said:
Wow, the expansion thing is something I have been telling my friends I hope they put in the game. Ever since I played the first level of BFBC2 and saw all the models from 1943. Planes! Hell YA!

That was WWII.

This is Vietnam.

1stStrike said:
They're bringing us all this shit to buy, and yet aren't bothering to fix the laggy servers?

Yea, fuck that.
They seem to have finally fixed the lag problems on the Aussie and Japanese PS3 servers if the last few days are any indication, so hopefully a fix for North America isn't far away.

Evolved1

Deadlock said:
You don't think they would use the all ready in game models? Did they even have planes or tanks like that in the Vietnam war?

Some weaponry in Nam was WWII era... (mostly bolt action rifles and things on the vietnamese side) but most else wasn't.

It was all about M16's... not M1 garands.

Helicopters weren't even in WWII outside of top secret projects, but they were primary transport vehicles in Nam.

Edit: the last part of your question I might have misunderstood... you're asking if they had modern (BC2 type) vehicles in Nam? Kind of. There were jets, helicopters, and tanks (often artillery). No Abrams though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom