• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Single player? Definitely not buying that. That shit's a waste of time in battlefield games.

I hope it's MP but I think I'm the only one who enjoyed the single player BC2. It didn't have the free roam of BC1 but I still enjoyed it.

War Tapes FTW BTW.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Xater said:
The make a new thread. If it wasn't for Fersis on Twitter I would have missed this.
My job is done. :D

Ramirez

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, i'm totally not buying this due to the servers being broken for other people on another console.

Well, I guess I have to spell everything out on here, but I meant anyone who complains about lag on here daily would be a complete idiot to continue to support them.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
PC gamers excluded!

Like there is anyone to play the game with on PC ;)

Tell me when you got sometime this week to play. That isnt tonight and before friday.

Well the hitboxes during player movement in battlefield have been improved a lot from 1942. If someone was moving perpendicular to you it was so fucked up.

Binabik15

German GAF, any place I could sell this POS without too much hassle? Seems like ebay doesn´t carry it, so that´s not an option.

After the last two hours I don´t want this in my room anymore. Fuck this shit, fuck the latest patch, fuck teleporting, fuck getting twelve Xs with the An-94 on a guy but no kill, fuck teleporting, fuck their servers. It never ran this bad before, good job on that update.

Help please.

ACE 1991 said:
Just bit the bullet and re bought this game for 360. I'll need some gaf bros to play with when it comes in.
remember to add GAF BFBC2 to your friends list and use the friends of friends feature to jump in with fellow gaffers!

Binabik15 said:
German GAF, any place I could sell this POS without too much hassle? Seems like ebay doesn´t carry it, so that´s not an option.

After the last two hours I don´t want this in my room anymore. Fuck this shit, fuck the latest patch, fuck teleporting, fuck getting twelve Xs with the An-94 on a guy but no kill, fuck teleporting, fuck their servers. It never ran this bad before, good job on that update.

Help please.
is craigslist available there?

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Some weaponry in Nam was WWII era... (mostly bolt action rifles and things on the vietnamese side) but most else wasn't.

It was all about M16's... not M1 garands.

Helicopters weren't even in WWII outside of top secret projects, but they were primary transport vehicles in Nam.

Edit: the last part of your question I might have misunderstood... you're asking if they had modern (BC2 type) vehicles in Nam? Kind of. There were jets, helicopters, and tanks (often artillery). No Abrams though...

Shit, Vietnam had riverboats, c-130 gunships, hueys with m-60 door guns, cobra gunships.
As for jets, they used f-4 phantoms, a-4 skyhawks... lots of stuff to play with.

Reckless, you're still having lag problems right? You're east coast too, correct?

Spl1nter said:

Tell me when you got sometime this week to play. That isnt tonight and before friday.

Dammit, man! Early week is my best time to play because my old lady works doubles. So maybe tomorrow?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
greenjerk said:
Shit, Vietnam had riverboats, c-130 gunships, hueys with m-60 door guns, cobra gunships.
As for jets, they used f-4 phantoms, a-4 skyhawks... lots of stuff to play with.

Reckless, you're still having lag problems right? You're east coast too, correct?

YO DAWG, WE HEARD YOU LIKE MEDICS. SO WE PUT SOME MEDICS IN YOUR GUNSHIP SO YOU CAN EASY MODE WHILE EASY MODEING.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
greenjerk said:

East coast.

I took at least a week off. Booted it up the other day, waited 40 mins for the slowest patch download in history... finally got to play and about 30 secs in I experienced the most obnoxious rubberband since buying the game. Entered building, exited said building... 7-10 seconds later I'm standing back inside the building. Got shot. Laughed in disgust. Played five more mins in the shit and then turned it off.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
YO DAWG, WE HEARD YOU LIKE MEDICS. SO WE PUT SOME MEDICS IN YOUR GUNSHIP SO YOU CAN EASY MODE WHILE EASY MODEING.

It will be glorious!

@Reckless: that sucks. my lag is not nearly as bad as it used to be. I'll get a bit of that on occasion but it seems to happen most when I'm trying to jump an object and especially when I try to go through a window (match starts fine, go through a window and start warping).

Very odd, hope it gets better soon. At least it's playable for me now. Does it seem to matter if you join someone else's game vs. starting your own?

1stStrike

Banned
It's hit or miss for me. Have to do some server hopping. Either way, still unacceptable. I'm beginning to lose my will to play the game. :|

todahawk

Jtrizzy said:
hope they fix this...I'll be back in a week or two. is it still ps3 east coast servers?

Pretty much. Mine is a little bit better (playable) but for some its still unplayable.

Found out my DSL connection to the house was fubar'd. I was getting really shitty connectivity and down/upload speeds. Screaming fast now. Can't believe I didn't notice it earlier.

Spl1nter said:

Well the hitboxes during player movement in battlefield have been improved a lot from 1942. If someone was moving perpendicular to you it was so fucked up.
I still play. My internets has been down for the last few weeks so I haven't posted/played. It was a well needed break anyways. I still can't believe the patch isn't out though. wtf?

Binabik15

The Faceless Master said:
remember to add GAF BFBC2 to your friends list and use the friends of friends feature to jump in with fellow gaffers!

is craigslist available there?

In a way, but there aren´t many people using it afaik.

My brother was all "No, no, don´t you sell it!" and played for an hour, got a game that actually worked and ace´d the round, but after that all went downhill and he pretty much frustration-quit. I picked up the controller, joined another game and shot one MAGAZINE from the AN-94 into a recons back from 50cm away. Nothing happened. Yeah, I stand by my decision, but if I can´t get a good price I´ll keep my copy as a reminder not to buy EA games for online play.

If this gen continues I have no major devs left on my "will buy from" list :lol

todahawk

I jumped on to try to get some d2.0 kills on white pass conquest when I noticed my team had ZERO flags. No biggie, it's 222 to 247.

So I head down the hill to A, throw a motion mine, help clear it out with my trusty NS2000 and start moving towards B. A starts flashing. I turn around, kill a few guys before getting overwhelmed. Damn. We lose A and wonder where my team is. We're still/back to ZERO flags.

Both of my squadmates are at the US base so I randomly pick one (they're both medics). We see-saw over A as there's just a handful of people from my team scattered around. Then a Bradley rolls into our base. OUR Bradley. I'm still a recon with my C4 so I put two down before he turns and headshots me with the freaking TOW.

I spawn at our base (my squadmates are still there, one in each of the side buildings) and notice there's a big fucking campfire with about 8 guys from our team roasting goddamn marshmallow's on the end of their sniper rifles and m-60's.

I sneak down to A and get killed by two recons camping in the back corner in the woods behind the bus. Respawn by the campfire again and stop to put a slug in the recons head bfore C4ing the piss out of the Bradley.

I'm putting motion mines on A the whole time this is going on. I hid in the bush by the back corner because most of their team was just swarming all over. I picked off about 5 of the other team as they went up the hill to get my teammates.

Got killed taking A back and was the lead scorer by far and saw everyone on my team was sitting back in the spawn except for maybe 1 or 2. Every building in our spawn had a guy or two hunkered down. All medic and recon. The other team wasn't even pushing that hard, my team just gave up and sat down.

Then I heard the voiceover saying "we're losing, blah blah blah". 200+ tickets gone in a hearbeat. toda BAILS OUT!!! gawd.

Fireye

I'm really enjoying BC2's multiplayer on the pc... but can anyone clue me in as to how Pings are measured on the server browser? Seems like all the servers are 1ping, 15ping, 32ping, or 45ping. When I actually get into the server, I have about 150+ ping on average.

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
I jumped on to try to get some d2.0 kills on white pass conquest when I noticed my team had ZERO flags. No biggie, it's 222 to 247.

So I head down the hill to A, throw a motion mine, help clear it out with my trusty NS2000 and start moving towards B. A starts flashing. I turn around, kill a few guys before getting overwhelmed. Damn. We lose A and wonder where my team is. We're still/back to ZERO flags.

Both of my squadmates are at the US base so I randomly pick one (they're both medics). We see-saw over A as there's just a handful of people from my team scattered around. Then a Bradley rolls into our base. OUR Bradley. I'm still a recon with my C4 so I put two down before he turns and headshots me with the freaking TOW.

I spawn at our base (my squadmates are still there, one in each of the side buildings) and notice there's a big fucking campfire with about 8 guys from our team roasting goddamn marshmallow's on the end of their sniper rifles and m-60's.

I sneak down to A and get killed by two recons camping in the back corner in the woods behind the bus. Respawn by the campfire again and stop to put a slug in the recons head bfore C4ing the piss out of the Bradley.

I'm putting motion mines on A the whole time this is going on. I hid in the bush by the back corner because most of their team was just swarming all over. I picked off about 5 of the other team as they went up the hill to get my teammates.

Got killed taking A back and was the lead scorer by far and saw everyone on my team was sitting back in the spawn except for maybe 1 or 2. Every building in our spawn had a guy or two hunkered down. All medic and recon. The other team wasn't even pushing that hard, my team just gave up and sat down.

Then I heard the voiceover saying "we're losing, blah blah blah". 200+ tickets gone in a hearbeat. toda BAILS OUT!!! gawd.

I sent you an invite, but you ignored me :(

I was on with Az and wes for a bit. We lost both games due to our stupid team, so I went and joined a white pass conquest game.

So, I hop in and I'm tearing people up left and right. We've got all the flags, they're stuck in their spawn (this team is actually trying to get out, mind you) and I'm generally kicking ass.

I went 32 - 4 that match, and had 3 nemesis pins, and 2 combat excellence pins.

Then I look at the ranks. Highest rank? lvl 26 on the other team. Everyone is lvl 1, 3, 5, 7, 13, 10, 11, etc. etc.

Matchmaking fail! :lol

Then I went to atacama desert, and with 9 kills and 6 deaths got an ace pin because i helicopter raped all of their vehicles. I just quit out because it was too easy, and my friend is coming over to try BC2 out.

As for lag, there was a little bit on atacama, but otherwise it was pretty good. I was impressed.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
I sent you an invite, but you ignored me :(

I was on with Az and wes for a bit. We lost both games due to our stupid team, so I went and joined a white pass conquest game.

So, I hop in and I'm tearing people up left and right. We've got all the flags, they're stuck in their spawn (this team is actually trying to get out, mind you) and I'm generally kicking ass.

I went 32 - 4 that match, and had 3 nemesis pins, and 2 combat excellence pins.

Then I look at the ranks. Highest rank? lvl 26 on the other team. Everyone is lvl 1, 3, 5, 7, 13, 10, 11, etc. etc.

Matchmaking fail! :lol

Then I went to atacama desert, and with 9 kills and 6 deaths got an ace pin because i helicopter raped all of their vehicles. I just quit out because it was too easy, and my friend is coming over to try BC2 out.

As for lag, there was a little bit on atacama, but otherwise it was pretty good. I was impressed.

Nice, I didn't even bother to look at my teammates ranks.. As soon as I bailed on that match i turned off the TV but left the PS3 on... prolly why i didn't respond >.>

I'm going to take a break this afternoon. Yesterday night was good enough for me. I'm going to lurk at the MS conference thread :lol

I might be on tonight who knows.

Just had some good games w/Denogginizer (go PC BC2 GAF!). He probably didn't know but that was the first time I got VOIP working, though I think it stopped working in the last round because I didn't hear a word from him.

Our team, for the most part, sucked. Bad. I think two initial conquest wins, then three or four straight rush losses, then a nice last stand to win as defenders on Nelson Bay.

Also, anyone fishing for points: BFBCS.com has a nice "# of kills to next medal" feature that lists your guns that are closest to getting stars. Makes for easy points if you know what you use the most.

Fireye said:
I'm really enjoying BC2's multiplayer on the pc... but can anyone clue me in as to how Pings are measured on the server browser? Seems like all the servers are 1ping, 15ping, 32ping, or 45ping. When I actually get into the server, I have about 150+ ping on average.

It's some weird ping vs. latency explanation that the devs have gone into. One is server latency, other is your ping? I have no idea, it's weird.

Also nice to know that I won't have to run Steam as admin to see pings once the new patch hits.

1stStrike

Banned
Captain Pants said:
I just had a good round with Striketh and some other Gaffer. We steamrolled those bastards.:lol

:D

Lots of steam rolling going on tonight.

I shot down an apache with the AT4 today. I felt like a pro at that point. Definitely the highlight of my day.

Me and renderman were playing on nelson bay, and the other team sucked baaaad. they were getting pushed back into their spawn, so I ran alllll the way back to the first spawn point, knifed the guy on the UAV, and then went on a knifing spree as I ran back to the second set of MCOM's. I got 7 dog tags in that round, and 2 in the next round when we were attacking :lol

Also, played laguna alta on squad rush for the first time. First game I got stuck with a team of 3 japanese douchebags that didn't speak english and were all medics. We lost. Then, second time I ended up against No_Style and someone else from GAF. We won, but No_Style killed me 3 times >_<

@Cornbread: Sorry bro... I just can't resist killing you :lol Whenever I see you in squad deathmatch, I'm just like "fucking deathmatch. i need to kill cornbread to make me feel better." :D

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
1stStrike said:

I shot down an apache with the AT4 today. I felt like a pro at that point. Definitely the highlight of my day.

That is rad. I've gotten some Blackhawks with the AT4, but never an Apache.

Ramirez

I played quite a few matches tonight, most of them were bearable lag wise, I need some people to play with though, my Halo peeps never could get into this game. :(

What do the white boxes with numbers in them represent? I don't recall seeing these until after I came back from the Reach beta...

Ramirez said:
I played quite a few matches tonight, most of them were bearable lag wise, I need some people to play with though, my Halo peeps never could get into this game. :(

What do the white boxes with numbers in them represent? I don't recall seeing these until after I came back from the Reach beta...
Veteran rank ie if you own previous BFs.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ramirez said:

I will play with you anytime. Send me some times and we can meet up.

Good games last night, Anton! Too bad our team were functioning idiots.

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:

Me and renderman were playing on nelson bay, and the other team sucked baaaad. they were getting pushed back into their spawn, so I ran alllll the way back to the first spawn point, knifed the guy on the UAV, and then went on a knifing spree as I ran back to the second set of MCOM's. I got 7 dog tags in that round, and 2 in the next round when we were attacking :lol

Also, played laguna alta on squad rush for the first time. First game I got stuck with a team of 3 japanese douchebags that didn't speak english and were all medics. We lost. Then, second time I ended up against No_Style and someone else from GAF. We won, but No_Style killed me 3 times >_<

@Cornbread: Sorry bro... I just can't resist killing you :lol Whenever I see you in squad deathmatch, I'm just like "fucking deathmatch. i need to kill cornbread to make me feel better." :D

The funny thing about it, is that you always seem to kill me when I'm trying to plant C-4, or I just spawn off a squadmate! Well mostly when planting C-4.... I keep saying I'm going to give up, then I join a White Pass Deathmatch and hope for the best.... To date, still nothing.... I wish I at least got extra points for demoing the friggen houses though. Last night was the worst though, I shoot at you before you see me, hit your head multiple times, we cross side by side, I'm still shooting at you, you take 1 shot at me, and I die...WTF! That's why I had to send your the BULL$HIT!!!!!!!! PSN message, The friggen' lag was horrible in that game, LOL.

Oh well, I took your invite to RUSH, but got stuck on the other team with a bunch of useles blue smurfs that sat there and did absolutely nothing the whole time. I think they all said "Hey, its GAF, I'll walk down the middle of the road and get shot a bunch of times for fun" I was so pissed at the game, I just shut the thing off and played more FFXIII before the controller went through the LCD.

1stStrike

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
The funny thing about it, is that you always seem to kill me when I'm trying to plant C-4, or I just spawn off a squadmate! Well mostly when planting C-4.... I keep saying I'm going to give up, then I join a White Pass Deathmatch and hope for the best.... To date, still nothing.... I wish I at least got extra points for demoing the friggen houses though. Last night was the worst though, I shoot at you before you see me, hit your head multiple times, we cross side by side, I'm still shooting at you, you take 1 shot at me, and I die...WTF! That's why I had to send your the BULL$HIT!!!!!!!! PSN message, The friggen' lag was horrible in that game, LOL.

Oh well, I took your invite to RUSH, but got stuck on the other team with a bunch of useles blue smurfs that sat there and did absolutely nothing the whole time. I think they all said "Hey, its GAF, I'll walk down the middle of the road and get shot a bunch of times for fun" I was so pissed at the game, I just shut the thing off and played more FFXIII before the controller went through the LCD.

Heh, it's cause I'm sneaky :D I hear you planting C4, or I kill you and then I know you'll come back looking for me. So, I saw the squadmate run over there, and figured it was yours. Waited, and sure enough, POP, here comes cornbread. Two kills for the price of one :lol

lol, yea... I invited you, but you showed up too late, so my squad/team ended up full. Sorry bro :| Maybe tonight.

Also, that server wasn't all that laggy for me... in fact, I barely had any lag at all last night. When I ran into you, you were facing someone else having a show down with another dude, and I put two bursts into you. That's how I saw it on my screen, anyway.

I actually didn't even realize I'd killed you until you sent that message :( I don't normally look at names when I'm in the heat of the moment.

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:
Heh, it's cause I'm sneaky :D I hear you planting C4, or I kill you and then I know you'll come back looking for me. So, I saw the squadmate run over there, and figured it was yours. Waited, and sure enough, POP, here comes cornbread. Two kills for the price of one :lol

lol, yea... I invited you, but you showed up too late, so my squad/team ended up full. Sorry bro :| Maybe tonight.

Also, that server wasn't all that laggy for me... in fact, I barely had any lag at all last night. When I ran into you, you were facing someone else having a show down with another dude, and I put two bursts into you. That's how I saw it on my screen, anyway.

I actually didn't even realize I'd killed you until you sent that message :( I don't normally look at names when I'm in the heat of the moment.

That's weird soem crazy rubber banding again last night. At some points I couldn't even walk through doors....

1stStrike

Banned
Woo, posting on gaf is extremely painful right now.

Anyway, last night's operation to get my friend addicted to battlefield was successful. He just picked up a copy and we'll be playing tonight :D

He is a nub, and is pretty bad at the game, but I'll school him up. He'll be a pro dirty tactic player like me in no time!

Fireye

BC2 has decided to stop connecting to any server now. Anyone else have similar issues? No changes to my network since I last played on the PC, and every server I've tried to connect to (about 50 of 'em) has had the exact same message.

"Connection to the game server has been lost"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom