• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GraveRobberX said:
Yay! Got my Copy, PS3

See you on the Battlefield! (pun intended)

NYC GAF here, PM if you want location of store, I'm in Corona, Queens, think Flushing, 10 blocks away from Red Cross...errr...Citi-Field.
Damn you GraveRobberX!!! Damn you to hell!! :lol

Please check the hardcore mode!!!! Pretty please?

belvedere

Junior Butler
GraveRobberX said:
Yay! Got my Copy, PS3

See you on the Battlefield! (pun intended)

NYC GAF here, PM if you want location of store, I'm in Corona, Queens, think Flushing, 10 blocks away from Red Cross...errr...Citi-Field.

Hope you don't have a fat, dawg.

Az

There are a couple of people streaming in justintv. Don't go if you are staying away from SP spoilers. (Didn't see anyone play MP) The bits that I saw looked really nice.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Nah I double dipped on the PS3

Have a launch 60 GB in the living room, and a 120 GB Slim in my room ^_^

Ill post pics soon, just got back from store, famished, bought Stuffed Shells and some garlic knots for lunch, after finishing up = 12+ hours of multiplayer

belvedere said:
So those that have it early; are the servers live?
At least one guy was streaming on Justin.tv all day yesterday, so i think it's safe to assume the servers are life. I presume they went live when the demo servers went buh-bye.

TheAzRim said:
There are a couple of people streaming in justintv. Don't go if you are staying away from SP spoilers. (Didn't see anyone play MP) The bits that I saw looked really nice.

Damn. I want to see some MP maps.

Dynamic3

Cruzader said:
They always just leave package on front of my house at random times. i have never cought the UPS or whatever guys leaving stuff. They are silent delivering ninjas. Though if I wait and catch them in the act, all I do is tell them "I dont want it" or that "I refuse this package"?? They wont ask why or make me sign a paper??? Never been in this situation.

Why don't you just return it to Amazon? Wtf lol.

GraveRobberX

Hehe DICE are sneaky, love the subtle stab at competitors

Right above the Battlefield Logo:

Defining
Warfare

Oh btw, trophy synchronization is a GO! for this game also

Game looking real good on my 46' LCD, with virtual surround sound the warfare sounds are epic

EDIT: Servers are live (PS3), I'm in a game.

Az987 said:
Cool, Amazon shipped my copy.

Now how do I use my 20$ video game credit, anyone know??
Usually you get an email in a couple of days saying you now have the credit (it's not immediately after shipment). Then just add a game to your cart and it will show up in the checkout screen.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, I jumped in on PC. If I get the PS3 version down the road, will my unlocks/ranks/stats/DLC transfer over?

Az987

all good things
GitarooMan said:
Usually you get an email in a couple of days saying you now have the credit (it's not immediately after shipment). Then just add a game to your cart and it will show up in the checkout screen.

Oh ok

cool thanks

GraveRobberX said:

Defining
Warfare

Noticed that also, to me it really drives home the multiplayer emphasis of this game (over singleplayer)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GraveRobberX said:

Defining
Warfare

Oh btw, trophy synchronization is a GO! for this game also

Game looking real good on my 46' LCD, with virtual surround sound the warfare sounds are epic

EDIT: Servers are live (PS3), I'm in a game.
HARDCORE MODE PLZ!

Cruzader

Banned
Dynamic3 said:
Why don't you just return it to Amazon? Wtf lol.
I want to avoid the shipping charges to ship it back them.

Also If I refuse the game, do I still get charged shipping fee??? I mean its no big deal if I do have to but i dont want to go out of my way to do it. I rather the UPS guy to take it back the same day or somethinhg.

Eric WK

Benjahut finally posted his review on the official forums! http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/417510.page

This game really blowed my mind away, because of all the graphics and the really smooth gameplay. I've gotten so much out of the beta, so now I wanted to see how far the step was made in the final product. The voice acting is insanely well made, and so is the sound effects, even the ambient noises! The gameplay was really smooth, and you get thrown in the game right away. It's really addicting to blow up buildings and light vehicles, as well as driving them. As far as replay value goes, Bad Company 2 really focuses on different approaches. You could sneak up behind the soldiers and knife them, or you could go in, guns blazing. The fact that prone didn't make it to the game, doesn't really affect the gameplay at all. It's not realistic, but it's a game; It's supposed to be fun, not boring. The variety of maps is just insane: First you're in a jungle-like wood fighting krauts, and next you're in a snow covered urban city. It really ignites the whole experience, since everything changes when you're moved into another environment. Unfortunately, Bad Company 2 is "flying" with bugs, literally. You can't really go through a mission without noticing a bug or two. This doesn't affect the overall amazing aspect of the game, but it sure is annoying at some times. Hopefully this will be fixed with a couple of patches. All in all, Bad Company 2 is must-have, if you've never met a game that's just... Epic.

Gameplay: 9.9

Graphics: 9.7

Sounds: 10.0

Overall: 9.9

The campaign is very good...even if it is short. I know the comparisons are getting old, but if it's any longer than MW2's campaign, it's not by much at all. Five or six hours tops. And that's really taking your time.

Can't wait for the servers to go live tomorrow and play Battlefield as it's meant to be played.

EDIT: Even though I am an abysmal Battlefield MP player. :lol

GraveRobberX

LOL

Its 3 vs 2, a total of 5 people in this room lol

Man not many people have the game so far

Fersis

zero margin said:
That guy serious? I mean that's great that he loves it but he seems a little biased. :lol
Who's that guy?

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
It's unlocking at 6pm EST on steam. I'm not happy about it.

It will unlock earlier than that...count on it. Mass Effect 2 said the same thing, but unlocked around 2pm EST.

The Steam countdown clock is meant to serve as a guideline, not as a hard and fast rule.

belvedere

Junior Butler
pixel monkey said:
It will unlock earlier than that...count on it. Mass Effect 2 said the same thing, but unlocked around 2pm EST.

The Steam countdown clock is meant to serve as a guideline, not as a hard and fast rule.

Today?!?!!?!?!?!

GraveRobberX

Fersis, I'll report on Harcore in a few hours, no 1 was in a Hardcore room

I applied it, no games showed up for it

Heh got my first trophy for multiplayer:

15 Minutes of Fame, play online for 15 minutes lol

zero margin said:
That guy serious? I mean that's great that he loves it but he seems a little biased. :lol
Yeah me too, come on a 9.9, really? On a 1 to 10 scale every aspect scores between 9.7 - 10.0. Reviews really should give better scores.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GraveRobberX said:
Fersis, I'll report on Harcore in a few hours, no 1 was in a Hardcore room
So what's the exact difference between normal and hardcore?

GraveRobberX

Yoshichan said:
So what's the exact difference between normal and hardcore?

No Killcam
No HP regeneration
Limited HUD
Bullets Damage Increase
etc. (i'm forgetting other stuff, someone should help me out)

Almost like MW2 Hardcore but better, but no rooms =/, oh wells, hopefully more people join, it started out 3 vs 2, but the room quickly filled to 18

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GraveRobberX said:
No Killcam
No HP regeneration
Limited HUD
Bullets Damage Increase
etc. (i'm forgetting other stuff, someone should help me out)

Almost like MW2 Hardcore but better, but no rooms =/, oh wells, hopefully more people join, it started out 3 vs 2, but the room quickly filled to 18
OH MY GOD. That is insane man, do you get more exp or something in hardcore rooms? What's the benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom