• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Inferno313 said:
So, first off, I have a mad crappy computer that couldn't run this at all.

I'm going to get a console version, any word on whether to get PS3 or 360?
Let me think.... mhmhmhmhmhm i would say.... PS3!

def sim

Buy the version that your friends will be playing on. That is always the answer when it comes to multiplatform, multiplayer games.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Pisses me off that I couldn't test the damn game on PC because they released the "beta" instead of the demo for it.

You guys think a 4670 HIS radeon 1GB DDR3, C2D E4300 not OC'd and 2GB of DDR2 can handle the game fine at 1440x900 on MED settings on Win XP SP3?

I really enjoyed the demo on 360, but I play battlefield games on PC

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Inferno313 said:

Depends on what your friends have. For me, I think that would be the biggest factor.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Inferno313 said:

Flip a coin, they look and play very similarly. Which controller do you prefer for shooters? Which of your friends list will have more people playing?

Chri3tos

Neo Member
Inferno313 said:

Definitely the 360 version. Less than half screen tearing, and more stable framerate, that's why DICE shows the 360 version in every video.

I own both consoles and love the PS3 more.

iam220

Slayer-33 said:
Pisses me off that I couldn't test the damn game on PC because they released the "beta" instead of the demo for it.

You guys think a 4670 HIS radeon 1GB DDR3, C2D E4300 not OC'd and 2GB of DDR2 can handle the game fine at 1440x900 on MED settings on Win XP SP3?

That video card can probably pull off low settings, maybe med-low and keep 30 at that resolution. That CPU is going to be a problem. You'll get shoddy performance unless you OC that thing and you'll need to OC it good! 2.5 at the min would be my guess. Overall the game will perform and probably look worse then the console versions for you. (non-OC'd).

Slayer-33 said:

I would of thought that would run it pretty well, especially since you will be running it in DX9. Its a shame you cant give give the beta a test run :(

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
iam220 said:
That video card can probably pull off low settings, maybe med-low and keep 30 at that resolution. That CPU is going to be a problem. You'll get shoddy performance unless you OC that thing and you'll need to OC it good! 2.5 at the min would be my guess. Overall the game will perform and probably look worse then the console versions for you. (non-OC'd).

I have a freezer 7 hsf I might finally OC my proc and put it to good use now, I wish that I could have tested the beta out though :( :lol

iam220

Slayer-33 said:
I have a freezer 7 hsf I might finally OC my proc and put it to good use now, I wish that I could have tested the beta out though :( :lol

Eh, what are you waiting for? OC it as far as it goes. You'll need every bit of juice you can get out of it.

mbmonk

Slayer-33 said:

Do you have a buddy that is buying the game and that he would let you use his game/account to test your performance

NOTE: I am not that buddy :lol

Jtrizzy

Well I guess it's up in the air if I'll be going to the midnight launch now, my PS3 is borked. If they don't fix it soon I guess I'll get it for 360 even though I have no desire to renew Live.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jtrizzy said:
Well I guess it's up in the air if I'll be going to the midnight launch now, my PS3 is borked. If they don't fix it soon I guess I'll get it for 360 even though I have no desire to renew Live.
Just wait 6-7 hours. Dont panic soldier!

Az

Judging by the popularity of this I believe we're going to have some great GAF games comming up. Its always much fun with some of you.
Fersis (aka Batistuta) add me.

Honestly there really isn't much point to reviewing the game since the demo and beta were so prevalent. The only thing that my purchase depends on is the PC benchmarks for the retail version. I'm really hoping that the game scales better than the beta (yes I know chances are slim that it'll be the case) but one can hope...

Bah ! EA Store pre-load complete, and it let me install, so i think "fuck yeah early play time", then i go to launch it and the release date check pops up, bah ! :lol

derFeef

Ogs said:
Bah ! EA Store pre-load complete, and it let me install, so i think "fuck yeah early play time", then i go to launch it and the release date check pops up, bah ! :lol
Damn you internet :(

Captain Pants said:
I wonder how many reviews are going to actually review the game instead of just comparing and contrasting it with MW2.

What's sad is that the reviewers are calling single-player "meh" cause it's what you expect from Battlefield i.e. Epic battles of massive proportion with planes, choppers, tanks and whatnot.

The reason why they called MW2's single "OMG AWESOMEEEEE!!!" cause you don't expect that from COD games. "OMG I CAN GUN A FUCKING CHOPPER!!! BEST. GAME. EVER!!!!"

Cruzader

Banned
Fuck, I have to Amazon accounts and forgot to cancel it on one of them so now Im charged 2x!!! ANyone want to buy one from me?($59 shipped) Only downside you wont get it day1.

I saw that they charge you to ship it back to them, and since I have "release date shipping", its gonna cost me more if I request a label. Im thinking of sending it to them via 1st Class mail which is like $3. You guys think I should do that??? Advice please.

Menelaus

Banned
Cruzader said:
Fuck, I have to Amazon accounts and forgot to cancel it on one of them so now Im charged 2x!!! ANyone want to buy one from me? Only downside you wont get it day1.

I saw that they charge you to ship it back to them, and since I have "release date shipping", its gonna cost me more if I request a label. Im thinking of sending it to them via 1st Class mail which is like $3. You guys think I should do that??? Advice please.
You're a big boy, if you're old enough to have a credit card and preorder 2 copies, I think you can brainpower your own way out of your mess. :lol

Cruzader

Banned
Menelaus said:
You're a big boy, if you're old enough to have a credit card and preorder 2 copies, I think you can brainpower your own way out of your mess. :lol

Well on one, I have Amazon Prime. Its an account to get the trials to share on my main. So I had it preordered on that one. Then when the ECA stuff occured, I placed another one on my main, forgetting about the other one. Yea I fucked up...oh well.

Edit: advice on shipping back is all i need, make fun of me later!!

desu

Captain Pants said:
I wonder how many reviews are going to actually review the game instead of just comparing and contrasting it with MW2.

Probably not one, but that's just expected... and I don't really care either.

Cruzader

Banned
Menelaus said:
refuse the shipment...
They always just leave package on front of my house at random times. i have never cought the UPS or whatever guys leaving stuff. They are silent delivering ninjas. Though if I wait and catch them in the act, all I do is tell them "I dont want it" or that "I refuse this package"?? They wont ask why or make me sign a paper??? Never been in this situation.

Fersis

To those who got the game early... could you try the Hardcore mode?

Irish

Quick question about MP:

Will you go through the maps (in Rush) by playing two rounds in a row where you are the Defenders one round and Attackers the next (or vice versa)?

I got so used to playing it that way in the demo that I'm not sure I'll like switching maps up after every round.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm a Battlefield newbie.

Klocker

Irish said:
Quick question about MP:

Will you go through the maps (in Rush) by playing two rounds in a row where you are the Defenders one round and Attackers the next (or vice versa)?

I got so used to playing it that way in the demo that I'm not sure I'll like switching maps up after every round.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm a Battlefield newbie.

yes. unless you start in a game where your team was already on the other side of map then you will move to a new map after one round, but typically you will play both sides and then rotate to a map

I wasted one of my Dr. Pepper codes by clicking "Claim Now" after midnight last night - it disappeared completely from the page even though I didn't choose anything. Anyone know if the BFBC2 stuff is available yet? I don't even know if it's for PC; doesn't sound like something that would be.

blahness

BigKaboom2 said:
I wasted one of my Dr. Pepper codes by clicking "Claim Now" after midnight last night - it disappeared completely from the page even though I didn't choose anything. Anyone know if the BFBC2 stuff is available yet? I don't even know if it's for PC; doesn't sound like something that would be.

if you go to your code history and click "more info" next to the claim, you can reclaim it. No the BFBC2 stuff is not up yet :)

Nabs

BigKaboom2 said:
i dont think you wasted it just yet. i did the same thing a few days ago, but was able to try to claim it again later.

02/28/2010 Claimed EA Prize More Info
02/27/2010 Won EA Prize
02/27/2010 Won EA Prize
02/25/2010 Claimed EA Prize More Info
02/25/2010 Won EA Prize
The first one was one of the reusable Mass Effect 2 ones, not sure if that will work with BFBC2. The second two were Dr. Pepper caps but only one of them is still there. Whatever, I can always buy more and I don't think it's known how many codes you need to get all the stuff anyway.

Did the Mass Effect 2 codes apply to the PC version or no?

Didn't see this posted but I probably missed it:
Q: What will the codes unlock?
A: In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities Soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/418596.page

Irish

Klocker said:
yes. unless you start in a game where your team was already on the other side of map then you will move to a new map after one round, but typically you will play both sides and then rotate to a map

Nice! Thanks for the info.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yay! Got my Copy, PS3

See you on the Battlefield! (pun intended)

NYC GAF here, PM if you want location of store, I'm in Corona, Queens, think Flushing, 10 blocks away from Red Cross...errr...Citi-Field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom