• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
yeah, i was thining about pre-ordering MoH as well. Did you get your code yet? As much as i don't like them, i'll call GS if i have to.

Nah, I don't believe amazon is emailing them out until the 21st. Not too worried about it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Crakatak187 said:
Yeah it's a huge flaw in design. Unless you have a well coordinated team it's practically impossible to win against an attacking team unless the team goes on the attack and push them back. Now with all the tank sniping, Uav C4, Quad C4, and landmines the defending team have to prepare for all of those elements.

Just give us the ability to repair M-COMs slowly and lessen the damage C4 does to M-COMs by half and make Landmines do no damage. Almost everybody does damage to it now anyways. It's way too easy strapping 12 C4 on a UAV and dive bombing the M-COM.

By lessening the C4 damage to an M-COM it will gimp the attacking team that depends on such tactics drastically. 18 C4 (Uav squad operator and 3 squad mates with 6 C4) will probably not destroy an M-COM in one run. 12 C4s will do half damage.
The thing is I still think that the game is actually balanced against the attackers on average. The only issue is that some M-COM's are pretty much indefensible which makes them redundant.

todahawk

olimpia84 said:
Ugh lag is back again...I'm talking about the real bad lag where you teleport all over the place...

Ugh, that sucks. I'm heading to bed early tonight...

@Strike, gotcha... I just downloaded the 1.2GB MoH gameplay vid, i'll check it out in the morning.

poppabk said:
The thing is I still think that the game is actually balanced against the attackers on average. The only issue is that some M-COM's are pretty much indefensible which makes them redundant.

In terms of the map as a whole, it "evens out" considering how difficult suicide hill is for the attackers (3rd set of MCOMs).

Had some good games w/Spl1nter, blackOps, and a buddy of mine tonight. Also happy that VOIP is working reliably.

Games ranged from "steamrolling opposition/this is boring" to "holy fuck this is intense". Had to switch servers a few times because of rage quitters and lag, but overall, a good time. We had a lot of those firefights where its just 8 people, attackers and defenders, circling each other, firing, tossing grenades, reviving, rinse, repeat. So intense :D

Any PC gaffers gonna try the MOH beta tomorrow?

njean777

i love this game but man they need to fix the lag, i have been playing MW2 for a month now thanks to the lag of this game. I still play a game everyday but i would play it more if the lag wasnt horrendous. Has dice even attempted to fix it for 360? Cuz if they are releasing add on content i wont buy until they fix the lag.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
HELP a fellow GAFer!

Here's how:
First, do you wanna earn, easy and quick, $5 to buy a cold beer while rooting for your team in FWC2010?

(yeah, I sound like a mailbox pyramidal scam)

This is what I need:

a 5 minute loop (or ten min, or whatever) high quality Mp3 (640KBps at least) or even better a waw in PCM quality of the MENU MUSIC/WAR CHATTER

This one to be clear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75EXWZaXA4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4PqF0d5lRE

in audio mode WAR TAPES and possibly high volume.
The problem with those vids is that the audio quality is poor and low volume, also that they often move between the sub-menus (JUST STAY STILL in AUDIO MENU or whatever menu blade you want but don't move since that would screw me over with bleep and blops of the cursor moving).

That's it, do it for me and it'll be sooo appreciated that I'll immediately paypal you $5 with commission on me of course.

Just PM me if you can do it. And if you can, start doing it! :D
Then mediafire, rapidshare, megaupload, whatever you prefer unless it needs registration to download.

Wanna know what it's for?
"Somebody" could have fucked up my $3k left front receiver, it's very difficult to get certain frequencies but I found out that said menu as plenty and in many spots, it's impossible to find in current music and almost impossible with even technical audio tests discs since I'm missing the correct equipment to get said freqs. There are in a couple of movies but this is much easier to reproduce and goes on for longer in loop. I'd do it myself if I could

GAF to the rescue? It'd be much much appreciated, I know it's just a few bucks but see it as if I'm offering you a drink for your kindness!
I've got the X360 version of the game (gamertag Dashkap) but I miss the right equipment (if I had the PC version I could have done it myself in 5 minutes, damn).

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
In terms of the map as a whole, it "evens out" considering how difficult suicide hill is for the attackers (3rd set of MCOMs).

Had some good games w/Spl1nter, blackOps, and a buddy of mine tonight. Also happy that VOIP is working reliably.

Games ranged from "steamrolling opposition/this is boring" to "holy fuck this is intense". Had to switch servers a few times because of rage quitters and lag, but overall, a good time. We had a lot of those firefights where its just 8 people, attackers and defenders, circling each other, firing, tossing grenades, reviving, rinse, repeat. So intense :D

Any PC gaffers gonna try the MOH beta tomorrow?

good games last night. I will be trying the MOH beta tomorrow. See what DICE decided to do with their resources.

No PC patch still :( ....

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Bazajaytee said:
EA did their maintenance a little earlier than expected but has completed now.
The maintenance was to place players in their local datacentre based on their location.

For this to work you will need to log into your account on www.ea.com (or direct at http://profile.ea.com) and ensure your country of residence is correct for where you are living. If for example you live in Europe but your account says USA you will get placed in a US server by default.

You'll still be able to connect on friends in other regions as normal, this change is just for when you jump into game and jump straight into a server.

EDIT: EA has just informed me that a 2nd stage of manitenance will happen early next week to finalise the changes as some clients can still be sent to any datacentre but you should all go ahead and ensure your correct country of residence is in your EA account in preperation for this being complete.

Hope this helps with the crazy lag.

iZz

Dash Kappei said:
HELP a fellow GAFer!

This is what I need:

a 5 minute loop (or ten min, or whatever) high quality Mp3 (640KBps at least) or even better a waw in PCM quality of the MENU MUSIC/WAR CHATTER

spec.gif

Well, I gave it a shot. Hopefully the quality is up to par. I've PM'ed you the link. Oh, and don't sweat it about the 5 bucks.

abuC

You should really be able to repair the crates now that it seems everyone is just trying to blow them up rather than arming them.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Uh, so yea, still laggy. It's not unplayable or anything, but the lag is there.

Dammit, wtf is going on? I'm itching to play tonight but not if it's lagging bad. :(
Need to get those damn d 2.0 kills...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:
Uh, so yea, still laggy. It's not unplayable or anything, but the lag is there.

Bazajaytee said:
EDIT: EA has just informed me that a 2nd stage of manitenance will happen early next week to finalise the changes as some clients can still be sent to any datacentre but you should all go ahead and ensure your correct country of residence is in your EA account in preperation for this being complete.

Though i dont think it will solve the lag issue.

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Though i dont think it will solve the lag issue.

Yea, I read it Fersis, but we all know that the issue isn't with us getting put on foreign servers. It's the servers themselves.

Green: Dunno. All I know is, MoH beta soon, and that'll give me a nice break from BC2.

So, after a couple months of not playing I decided to get back into the game on 360. What the hell is going on? I can barely kill anyone, once I start shooting at someone I'm already dead. The game also seems to lag where I'll be teleported back a couple of steps. I'm reading about people talking about lag and "rubber-banding", am I experiencing the same symptoms? I seem to remember the first BC suffering from bugs and glitches and I'm just guessing this is a case of Dice repeating their same mistakes.

Any chance of this being fixed? I really want a decent MP shooter to play, don't want to go back to MW2. :/

1stStrike

Banned
Menelaus said:
I love how people complain about DICE lag, and in the same breath express excitement for the MoH beta, complete with MP by DICE.

Oh, I'm not really excited per say. I'm just going to try it out, and then if it's laggy/shitty like BC2 is, I'll cancel my pre-order. Worst case scenario, I'll just another break from shooters and finish up the 8 or so single player games crying for attention next to my PS3.

Fersis

Menelaus said:
I love how people complain about DICE lag, and in the same breath express excitement for the MoH beta, complete with MP by DICE.
While im not excited... it does look neat. :(
But yeah, wont buy it until they fix the lag.

Yopis

1stStrike said:
Oh, I'm not really excited per say. I'm just going to try it out, and then if it's laggy/shitty like BC2 is, I'll cancel my pre-order. Worst case scenario, I'll just another break from shooters and finish up the 8 or so single player games crying for attention next to my PS3.

Same here I am approaching this with cautious optimism at best. If it's lame then Bayonetta is calling my name right now anyway. I still gotta get through Demon Souls as well.

todahawk

1stStrike said:

Yep, same here. I'm curious is MoH is more like MW2 and how the lag will/won't be.
My evening gaming sessions are generally multiplayer, I need my social fix (where i live and work in is a social wasteland).

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, I do like some good multi games, and it's been a blast hanging out with all the gaffers in BC2, but it's getting way too irritating with this lag.

We shall see how it goes.

Spl1nter

Its pretty obvious that the lag on consoles is created by a the lack of servers and placement of those servers. There are little to no issues on PC. Its EA who probably doesn't want to shill out more money to run more servers for the fan base. The same thing happened in BFBC. The game started having lag issues because there were not enough servers in proper locations.

Yopis

Somtimes the matches will start out well, then a sad feeling goes over me when I see warping choppers and players. Such a great game to let turn out this way but it's obvious they are putting everything into MOH right now.

todahawk

Spl1nter said:
Its pretty obvious that the lag on consoles is created by a the lack of servers and placement of those servers. There are little to no issues on PC. Its EA who probably doesn't want to shill out more money to run more servers for the fan base. The same thing happened in BFBC. The game started having lag issues because there were not enough servers in proper locations.

Yeah, it just blows. We have this great community of players and we've haven't been able to play together in a long time.

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:
Yea, I do like some good multi games, and it's been a blast hanging out with all the gaffers in BC2, but it's getting way too irritating with this lag.

We shall see how it goes.

I've been splitting my time between BFBC2 and FFXIII for teh most part, btu I have about 10 games on back-log to play, so I'm good there. As for the online gaming, if it doesn't get any better, I'll just revert to going back and playing KZ2 or R2 for awhile, they always have games going. I'll drop in on MW2 as well, but I can only take so much of the camp fest before my mind gos numb.

Dammit, I still need those 18 2.0s, LOL.

todahawk

Listen DICE, we need to talk.
It's over, it's all over.
I'm fucking serious. It's fucking over. Us.
This is no joke. I don't think we should see each other anymore.

yVV0j.jpg

I know my k/d and w/l is...erratic sometimes.
But I'm leaving now. I've assessed the situation and I'm going.

*adjusts tie*

Excuse me, I have to return some videotapes... and pick up my Medal of Honor beta code.

Dash Kappei

iZz said:
spec.gif

Well, I gave it a shot. Hopefully the quality is up to par. I've PM'ed you the link. Oh, and don't sweat it about the 5 bucks.

You're AWESOME!

Going to download now and will let you know!
However it goes, I wanna give you what I promised!
As i've said take it as a coffe on me or something.

PM you for paypal arrangements and to let you know how it goes, thanks for the effort mate :D

Dash Kappei

Shoutout to iZz.
The man posted TWO times in FOUR years, and one of the two was the help a fellow gaffer out.
Respect!

Buddy, your file was friggin' PERFECT.
Tomorrow I'll know if my 3k$ front speakers have been fucked up, kinda nervous about it ya know? /-:
Anyway, I've sent you a PM! :)

Now to hope the DICE guys are going to fix such unbearable lag, right?

Fersis

greenjerk said:
Listen DICE, we need to talk.
It's over, it's all over.
I'm fucking serious. It's fucking over. Us.
This is no joke. I don't think we should see each other anymore.

yVV0j.jpg

I know my k/d and w/l is...erratic sometimes.
But I'm leaving now. I've assessed the situation and I'm going.

*adjusts tie*

Excuse me, I have to return some videotapes... and pick up my Medal of Honor beta code.
At least wait until the next week. When EA updates the server stuff.

1stStrike

Banned
It's cause you're a pimp, Az.

Actually, that tends to happen to me too. I went 39 - 13 in conquest this morning, and nobody even had half of what I scored on either team.

It's sad, really.

Yesterday when my friend was playing I taught him all sorts of cheap shot method for him to enact revenge on a cheap team. He won Ace the whole night. If it wasn't for his dumbass team he would have done better though since he and this guy was the only one who actually enters the enemy base when attacking.

Crate bashers will definitely win more Ace pins.

todahawk

Fersis said:
At least wait until the next week. When EA updates the server stuff.

No worries, I was having a work induced freak-out at the end of the day.

Picked up the Tritton 720 headset, I might hop on and try it out after the Lakers-Celtics game.

PatzCU

Put this bad boy in 3 days ago looking forward to jumping back into action.... to running around in quicksand while being hit by imaginary opponents. I've had to play MW2 and that makes me ANGRY. I can't walk three steps without getting command'owned.

Here's to hoping we can play BC2 lag free again someday.

1stStrike

Banned
We had some good games tonight. Had 5 or 6 gaffers on our team at one point. Only ran into one laggy server. Went to another, and it was perfect the rest of the time.

Even saw JM761 on tonight. Haven't played with him in foreeeever. Unfortunately, there was no room on my squad at the time :|

I was wrecking people all night. 32 - 10 and such. Lowest ratio was like 2:1.

Anyway, I'll probably be back on tomorrow for a bit.

Snowballo

Question concerning stats
Version: X360

Could you tell me why my stats don't update?
Playing online I've reached Level 23.
If I go to check my stats in the official website I just only see level 10.
In other BC2 stats websites I see level 5.

I don't think it is a thing about "days you've to wait before the update them because I was at level 10 about 1 month ago".

Could you explain that?
Thanks!

Snowballo said:
Question concerning stats
Version: X360

Could you tell me why my stats don't update?
Playing online I've reached Level 23.
If I go to check my stats in the official website I just only see level 10.
In other BC2 stats websites I see level 5.

I don't think it is a thing about "days you've to wait before the update them because I was at level 10 about 1 month ago".

Could you explain that?
Thanks!
official site has always been flaky, statsverse hasn't updated in a few days, bfbcs you have to hit the update button to make your stats join the update queue

My friend came over again so I didn't go on tonight. I notice a TON of UAV C4, Landmines, C4, Jihad C4.

Seriously gimp the freaking C4 and Landmines Dice. I mean seriously gimp it. Make 6 C4s do about 1/10th of the M-COM damage gimp. Same with landmines. He had almost the whole team doing that shit. At least AT4 doesn't do much damage and puts the users at risk and tank sniping isn't possible for all maps.

Rush is broken.

olimpia84

Crakatak187 said:
My friend came over again so I didn't go on tonight. I notice a TON of UAV C4, Landmines, C4, Jihad C4.

Seriously gimp the freaking C4 and Landmines Dice. I mean seriously gimp it. Make 6 C4s do about 1/10th of the M-COM damage gimp. Same with landmines. He had almost the whole team doing that shit. At least AT4 doesn't do much damage and puts the users at risk and tank sniping isn't possible for all maps.

Rush is broken.

That's why I stick with Conquest for the most part. Like you said they need to gimp C4/mines really bad to make it interesting.

todahawk

Damn it this thread can get so quiet at times.

Tried out the Tritton 720's last night and they sound reallly good. Too bad no one on my squad was talking :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom