• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Ringtones? It's called vibrate. Turn that annoying shit off :p

*hates ringtones*

*ahem*

I have a 1,500 sq ft office at work and I usually leave my cell phone on my gold plated desk while I'm getting my massages... you think i wanna deal with chipped gold? I already have to frisk the people I manage before they leave. Plus the robe I wear (when I'm wearing anything) doesn't have any pockets and even if I did the robe is so thick and plush I wouldn't feel the vibration.

*sniff*

Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon? Didn't think so.

UFRA

1stStrike said:
I will gladly accept a tracer dart in the crotch if I get to punch you :p

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! :D

It was fun playing with you guys again the other night, even though Toda and I were in a separate squad with a few randoms. Still good to hop in for a few wins.

Work is keeping me really busy, but now with RDR 100% completed, I'm ready to get back into BC2 whenever I can. I'll catch you guys later!

1stStrike

Banned
UFRA said:

It was fun playing with you guys again the other night, even though Toda and I were in a separate squad with a few randoms. Still good to hop in for a few wins.

Work is keeping me really busy, but now with RDR 100% completed, I'm ready to get back into BC2 whenever I can. I'll catch you guys later!

Weeeeeelcome baaaaccckkk!!11

todahawk

UFRA said:

Woo hoo!

Cornbread and I played a few rounds and we had horrible, horrible teammates. And the game was acting really odd. You'd go nowhere near a mine and it'd blow. Point blank shotty rounds to the head/chest to no effect. I ran near a Bradley to C4 it and slid like I was on ice and went under it. WEIRD SHIT MAN.

Yeah, and work blows.

"Oh, you hate your job?
Why didn't you say so?
There's a support group for that.
It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."

1stStrike

Banned
I wrote chapter 1 of book 2, spent the rest of the day at a lame ass wedding, and then talked on the phone for 3 fucking hours with a chick.

todahawk

Crakatak187 said:
Which is why I didn't play today. I knew it lags a lot more on weekends.

Yeah, i saw you playing Demon's Souls last night, I've been itching to play it again. And I'm not screwing with the MoH beta until they patch/resolve the hard freezes.

cabottemp

Banned
so the MoH beta got me hyped up, so I picked this up again last wednesday. Forgot how much i love it. as it turns out i'm not going to play the moh beta again till the fix the lockups and stuff. i feel like it has a shitload of potential, but that's another thread for another time.

i don't remember bad company 2 being anywhere near as laggy when it first came out as it is now. but then again, i do have a shitty memory. even still though, i had a few good matches. took me a while to get back into the swing of things but it's so much fun. I'm really wondering why I ever stopped playing this for mw2.

looking forward to the vietnam expansion.

abuC

greenjerk said:
Holeeeeeeeeeeey shit that is insane.

Kit and mode?

86/4 - This one is a little skewered, stole the defenders Apache on Port Valdez in Hardcore mode so it was insanely easy to get kills.

These were normal non-HC rounds in Rush.

33/1 - Medic + MG36 + ammo pack + mag ammo on Nelson Bay

47/6 - Assault + Shotgun + Body armor on Laguna Pressa.

The better my teammates the better I play, can't really do much with a crappy squad.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ToyMachine228 said:
Might start playing BC2 again in preparation for Onslaught. I'll definitely be getting it. Hope it's fun.

Same. Lag is currently keeping me away from the game. And I have the disc in the PS3 tray all the time mind you.

so just now, Gaffer Rick Mapletree and I were at the [C] base of Laguna Presa (Conquest). he's by where the [A] crate would be in Rush and i'm in the shed. a Tank pulls up in the river by the road in the middle and shoots at us. i pick up a recon kit with C4 off the ground but have no C4... so he throws an ammo box... it stops short.

so he SHOOTS THE AMMO BOX CLOSER!!!! muahahahaha!!!, so i get 2 C4's, run right up to the big tree, and as the tank pulls closer, C4 that shit!

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
so just now, Gaffer Rick Mapletree and I were at the [C] base of Laguna Presa (Conquest). he's by where the [A] crate would be in Rush and i'm in the shed. a Tank pulls up in the river by the road in the middle and shoots at us. i pick up a recon kit with C4 off the ground but have no C4... so he throws an ammo box... it stops short.

so he SHOOTS THE AMMO BOX CLOSER!!!! muahahahaha!!!, so i get 2 C4's, run right up to the big tree, and as the tank pulls closer, C4 that shit!

Classic Battlefield moment. Awesome.

todahawk

I'm going to have to scratch BC2 off my list of games to play on the weekend. Worse than last night, this shit is unplayable.

I'm not getting Onslaught or MoH unless they get this shit fixed. This is fucking ridiculous and pathetic.

1stStrike

Banned
I predict the next big game that all of us will be playing together: the new twisted metal.

The online shit actually looks like it's pretty fun and has some (not as much as BC2, but still) tactics to it.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
I predict the next big game that all of us will be playing together: the new twisted metal.

The online shit actually looks like it's pretty fun and has some (not as much as BC2, but still) tactics to it.

Yeah, it looks great. I love the teamwork elements I saw in the E3 vids. Any release dates yet?

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Should be fall or spring.

Can't come soon enough.

BTW, can anyone with the PC version (mr. snub, sp1nter, etc.) tell me if you can play multiplayer matches with just one person? I've seen a lot of the youtube guys on PC playing alone and I know you can't do that on PS3 or 360 (minimum 8 for a private match).

greenjerk said:
Can't come soon enough.

BTW, can anyone with the PC version (mr. snub, sp1nter, etc.) tell me if you can play multiplayer matches with just one person? I've seen a lot of the youtube guys on PC playing alone and I know you can't do that on PS3 or 360 (minimum 8 for a private match).
Yes you can join an empty server to just mess around in. I think you need at least 4 people in a server now to get points though.

DuckRacer

So in the past day, I have shot at an enemy's head close range with a sniper rifle and have him survive (even got the hitmarker), joined a match where the game couldn't form squads (tried to join one but couldn't, was the top player for that round and got the gold squad pin while solo), and just now joined a match where literally no one on the attacker's side (including me) could spawn at all... this is all on top of rocket and sniper shots not firing, regular skipping, driving a quad and having it randomly shift three feet to the right into a tree, etc. All on 360 too.

Do we know when (if?) Dice is going to add/fix the servers? Because right now it's just ridiculously stupid.

1stStrike said:

Yup I'm all for it. I use to play Twisted Metal 2 all the time.

Az

Some of you need to get into racing, all I am waiting on is November 2nd.
Barely people playing on my friends list now, looks like people are giving up on this.

UFRA

TheAzRim said:
Some of you need to get into racing, all I am waiting on is November 2nd.
Barely people playing on my friends list now, looks like people are giving up on this.

I'm there, man. Day-one GT5'er here. Can't wait.

As for BC2, I won't give up on this game until I at least get to level 50 or another MAJOR shooter comes out. And I mean major...it would take a lot to steal the thunder of BC2 and all the fun we have in that, all lag aside.

damn I played with the most stupid team filled with tons of level 50s ever. I'll play again in an hour or two. I hate hating teams with no balls.

Feel free to invite me if I'm playing Demon Souls.

olimpia84

Fuck you Dice! I joined a random team in Conquest and it was perhaps the best team I've ever played with, we were on a 8 or 9 game winning streak and then boom, the game disconnects by itself kicking everybody out and it wasn't even lagging :(

The level of teamwork with these guys was awesome. we split up evenly to get all flags in each level and it's not like the other team was bad, we were just that good. Then toda and NoStyle joined and we continued to kick ass and that's when we got kicked out of the game gggrrrrr

eternaLightness said:
So today was my first time on Valparaíso using the stationary launcher to destroy one of the Mcoms. Kinda surprised they would miss that. It's pretty cheap.
I have yet to see this in action, any video of it? If it's on suicide hill, I wouldn't consider any tactic cheap as that part of the map is totally broken.

eternaLightness said:
So today was my first time on Valparaíso using the stationary launcher to destroy one of the Mcoms. Kinda surprised they would miss that. It's pretty cheap.
you can get shot or sniped or rpg'd off of there, so it's ok.

Mr Sandman said:
I have yet to see this in action, any video of it? If it's on suicide hill, I wouldn't consider any tactic cheap as that part of the map is totally broken.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7296680/highlight/77734

Played tonight for the first time in a while and it was pretty laggy. On Xbox Live. Is this common right now? Hopefully Onslaught isn't laggy...

1stStrike

Banned
Mr Sandman said:
Ah, I see. That's a pretty hilarious oversight.

Works with the bradley too. I imagine you could use the engineer's AT4 as well, provided you had an assault giving you ammo.

You can also fly the UAV up behind them on the cliff, and take out A from above and they can't do shit about it (short of running down the hill and killing you) because the UAV is out of their sight.

Yes, I am lame.

KaYotiX

Banned
Whats up with the lag?? I havent played in 3 weeks but every match lately seems to be laggy and annoying. If they cant fix this i may have to play another FPS and i really dont want to.

Played with Dream, AZ, and wes for a bit but not in the squad. I was actually in no squad the whole time for the hell of it :lol

Rubberbandy as usual.

1stStrike said:
Works with the bradley too. I imagine you could use the engineer's AT4 as well, provided you had an assault giving you ammo.

You can also fly the UAV up behind them on the cliff, and take out A from above and they can't do shit about it (short of running down the hill and killing you) because the UAV is out of their sight.

Yes, I am lame.

I have a pretty fun way of taking out the other mcom that is not on the docks. I kinda don't want it to get out but I'll tell anyways. There is a part on the left cliffs passed the helipad where you can get up on (sprint, run and jump to a part that looks reachable). Keep running along the cliff. You'll go out of bounds but stick to the edge of the cliff and you'll get the countdown reset. Then book it to the cliff near the mcom.

This is especially useful if they've got a lock on the area near the road block. You can just run right passed them. :lol

I'll try making a vid sometime as it's pretty damn tricky.

EDIT: http://www.xfire.com/video/2e6292/

Nothing special, but I have fun with it. :) Also I usually don't crate bash from there. I'll have my buddy spawn on me and plant it why I rack up the kills.

Mr Sandman said:
I have a pretty fun way of taking out the other mcom that is not on the docks. I kinda don't want it to get out but I'll tell anyways. There is a part on the left cliffs passed the helipad where you can get up on (sprint, run and jump to a part that looks reachable). Keep running along the cliff. You'll go out of bounds but stick to the edge of the cliff and you'll get the countdown reset. Then book it to the cliff near the mcom.

This is especially useful if they've got a lock on the area near the road block. You can just run right passed them. :lol

I'll try making a vid sometime as it's pretty damn tricky.

EDIT: http://www.xfire.com/video/2e6292/

Nothing special, but I have fun with it. :) Also I usually don't crate bash from there. I'll have my buddy spawn on me and plant it why I rack up the kills.
you can shoot the other M-COM from the Stationary AT too. just get rid of the tree that's blocking your view first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom