• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crakatak187 said:
My friend came over again so I didn't go on tonight. I notice a TON of UAV C4, Landmines, C4, Jihad C4.

Seriously gimp the freaking C4 and Landmines Dice. I mean seriously gimp it. Make 6 C4s do about 1/10th of the M-COM damage gimp. Same with landmines. He had almost the whole team doing that shit. At least AT4 doesn't do much damage and puts the users at risk and tank sniping isn't possible for all maps.

Rush is broken.
guard the crates?

UAV C4 is the only really annoying one.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Crakatak187 said:
My friend came over again so I didn't go on tonight. I notice a TON of UAV C4, Landmines, C4, Jihad C4.

Seriously gimp the freaking C4 and Landmines Dice. I mean seriously gimp it. Make 6 C4s do about 1/10th of the M-COM damage gimp. Same with landmines. He had almost the whole team doing that shit. At least AT4 doesn't do much damage and puts the users at risk and tank sniping isn't possible for all maps.

Rush is broken.
How often did the attackers win the entire round though? Attacking is still harder than defending in terms of winning the entire round on pretty much all the maps. This is on PC though where there are usually much bigger teams, meaning less chance of sneaking through.

Good/bad news re:pC patch: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...-2-pc/1174795-patch-release.html#post15926359

So early signs are we fixed the problem by rolling back a change involving SPECACT kits.

As long as this continues we are aiming to release on Wednesday (23rd) of next week. However this is dependant on how fast we can gain approval the patch is compliant with Steam. If that approval does not come quick enough the release will slip to the Monday (28th) of the week after (as it is a red day in Sweden on Friday next week and we don't release patches at the end of working weeks).

This does mean that SPECACT kits will not be available after patching as we had hoped but all other fixes remain as does the ability to play the new modes like Map Pack #3.

Yay. Map pack #3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:
Does anyone even play 2142 anymore? I thought it wasn't that popular to begin with...
I should try it... some awesome English dood gave me BF2 and BF 2142. ^__^

Easier said then done. I didn't believe that attackers won more back then but now I believe it to the fullest extent with the amount of crate bashing that has been popping up. There is some maps that makes it harder to crate bash but if you can sneak near a crate and arm it, you could easily put 6 landmines next to it and have a squadmate do that same. Arming the M-COM doesn't even matter anymore.

Sure you can prevent it with a competent team but playing with randoms I see how rampant it is.

Defenders shouldn't have to do so much more then attackers. That's unbalance. Maybe if they switch it back to beta status giving 50 tickets for checkpoint instead of 75.

1stStrike

Banned
Just played a few games. Got put on retarded teams the entire time, and what gaffers were on were spread between servers. I kept getting put on different squads/teams then them. Finally, I just rage quit. I can't handle this shit today.

However, the lag was pretty non-existent (until I joined cjdunn - his server lagged, but the rest were fine)

Crakatak187 said:
Easier said then done. I didn't believe that attackers won more back then but now I believe it to the fullest extent with the amount of crate bashing that has been popping up. There is some maps that makes it harder to crate bash but if you can sneak near a crate and arm it, you could easily put 6 landmines next to it and have a squadmate do that same. Arming the M-COM doesn't even matter anymore.
Sure you can prevent it with a competent team but playing with randoms I see how rampant it is.
Defenders shouldn't have to do so much more then attackers. That's unbalance. Maybe if they switch it back to beta status giving 50 tickets for checkpoint instead of 75.

It's a strange and difficult balancing act. Like you said, if you have a competent team, it's okay. My friends and I went on a 6 game winning streak the other day, and as defenders we always called out positions, identifying when MCOM's didn't have anyone defending it, deciding which areas to cover, etc.

So, when the game is played as it is MEANT to be played, it's quite balanced. But you can't rely on that, unfortunately.

Agreed a Competent team would literally wipe out any team that is not competent. Anybody who plays with me knows I snitch out enemy location on the mic all the time. There have been times though a single GAF squad can not hold back the bashing from almost an entire team.

I know I ask too much on balance. Just get rid of C4 on friendly vehicles. Make it do no damage other then setting a trap for the enemy.

Mully

Ugh the lag has not changed one bit on the 360. It's getting really really frustrating now. What the hell happened to their servers?

Razor210

It is possible to take out A from your spawn as attackers on Arica Harbour just sniping with the Abrams main cannon. I do this every game now.

The only problem with being a defender in this game is that you have to start being an attacker. Which just makes it harder to close all the gaps in a defense, especially among randoms.

As time goes by it will be even harder for defenders. Months ago I didn't know it was even possible to snipe Bravo from spawn with a tank on Arica Harbor. The amount of points given for crate bashing is making people addicted, even if you take it away now it will probably become even more rampant.

Yup. My buddies and I don't even bother going for certain objectives because we know they can be taken down with a single tank, a few mortar strikes, rockets, etc. We go after the "difficult" ones first.

It's a double edged sword, I guess. I love destruction. I still think it can be "curbed" with a little better level design.

Fuck, on Isla Inocentes, we even had an attacker in a gunboat destroy bravo FROM THEIR SPAWN. Literally, NO WAY for defenders to see or attack the gunboat from the island.

people cried about spawn camping in the PS3 beta, so we got invincible initial spawn areas. hey, at least later in maps, it's technically feasible to actually confront the attackers, even if it's not always realistically possible!

Yes give back the ability to spawn their asses if they could easily 1 shot our M-COMs. It's only fair and one of the methods to stop UAV C4.

"Bitch you're ass will not live if you get near that UAV station and that goes with 2 of your buddies as well."

todahawk

Mr. Snrub said:
Yup. My buddies and I don't even bother going for certain objectives because we know they can be taken down with a single tank, a few mortar strikes, rockets, etc. We go after the "difficult" ones first.

It's a double edged sword, I guess. I love destruction. I still think it can be "curbed" with a little better level design.

Fuck, on Isla Inocentes, we even had an attacker in a gunboat destroy bravo FROM THEIR SPAWN. Literally, NO WAY for defenders to see or attack the gunboat from the island.

Even with a mortar strike from the far right side (defenders standpoint)? I get over to the far right of the defenders island and can take out either blackhawk from there. I could see further into the harbor if need be if I went into the water and over to the little island.

Or do they nestle the gunboat up against the cliff wall???

Man, this game is awful on the PS3 right now, three games in a row and I felt like I was vaguely controlling a slide-show. A couple more nights like this and I'll probably call it quits. It's fun and all, but it's not worth getting stressed over a bunch of technical issues I can't control.

Ramirez

The lag is so infuriating and inexcusable, I want to love this game, and at times I still do, but then I try to run through a door and somehow morph into the building then find myself back outside only to get shot. :|

So what's up with the All Bronze Weapon emblem? Does it include all of the SpecAct or whatever weapons as well? I purchased the Assault/Engineer ones with some left over points I've had for months, anyone got spare codes for the other 2? I never saw a single Dr Pepper pertaining to this promotion, just Iron Man 2 garbage. :(

For the first time ever, played with a fully "GAF" squad. Me, Spl1nter, Mendelevius, and blackOps.

Didn't help that we seemed to be played against the dark world versions of ourselves. Fuck, I don't think I've played so terrible before in my life. And what was great was that blackops was still going 59 and 17 in most matches :lol

Ramirez said:
The lag is so infuriating and inexcusable, I want to love this game, and at times I still do, but then I try to run through a door and somehow morph into the building then find myself back outside only to get shot. :|

So what's up with the All Bronze Weapon emblem? Does it include all of the SpecAct or whatever weapons as well? I purchased the Assault/Engineer ones with some left over points I've had for months, anyone got spare codes for the other 2? I never saw a single Dr Pepper pertaining to this promotion, just Iron Man 2 garbage. :(
yeah, i think it needs SPECACT weapons

Yeah the lag is annoying at times but playing with GAF is fun so I take it unless I get a huge headache. I'm playing on a fever yet I can still last for 3 hours today.

todahawk

Tkawsome said:
Man, this game is awful on the PS3 right now, three games in a row and I felt like I was vaguely controlling a slide-show. A couple more nights like this and I'll probably call it quits. It's fun and all, but it's not worth getting stressed over a bunch of technical issues I can't control.

Yeah, it was a bit choppy tonight. Pretty annoying but I didn't feel like playing anything else. Played a few matches with Seks and Cornbread but was just dying left and right. TONS of suicides as we were getting desperate to blow the m-coms. :(

Half my shots were not even registering tonight :lol

Dream, Fersis, and Razer heard my constant bitching about that :lol

-2 shotgun point blank in front of a guy and only grazed him as he teleported ninja my ass with no explanation.

-A guy who hate a whole clip without any shots registering.

-Noobtube failed to blow down a wall even with a middle hit.

-Shooting at a lot of teleporting ninjas while they are running is hard.

well, that was a good run... it took a team with 3 level 50's, a 46, a 44 and a 43 to stop me, a couple gaffers and 2 squads of randoms. at least i got some more gold tags instead of giving them out for a change... man i will never understand why someone would bail out on the tank right in the enemy base.

Mully said:
Ugh the lag has not changed one bit on the 360. It's getting really really frustrating now. What the hell happened to their servers?

It only seems to be a problem on the Rush and Conquest game modes. I popped into a few Squad Rush maps and there was zero lag. The lag issue must have a lot to do with significantly more players in normal Rush and Conquest modes. Too bad Squad Deathmatch sucks and Squad Rush is "ok" but a bit boring compared to normal Rush.

blanky

StayUp said:
I can confirm this, i had to buy and bronze all the SPECACT weapons.

really? I have bronze for every gun and still dont have the All Bronze Weapon emblem. the M1 and M1A1 are still glitched for me.

olimpia84 said:
That's why I stick with Conquest for the most part. Like you said they need to gimp C4/mines really bad to make it interesting.

Instead of gimping, I really think they should just bring back the ability to repair crates (just make it much slower so that destroying crates is still an option.)

blanky said:
really? I have bronze for every gun and still dont have the All Bronze Weapon emblem. the M1 and M1A1 are still glitched for me.
i have bronze for every gun except the 40mm underbarrel shotgun and i got the pin. i was going to do it last, but it turns out i didn't need it!

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
i have bronze for every gun except the 40mm underbarrel shotgun and i got the pin. i was going to do it last, but it turns out i didn't need it!

I know strike like's the 40mm shotgun and although it is fun at times it felt like a bit of a grind.

I didn't need the M1 garand but I did need Thompson, it was the last one I got.

BTW, I think I'm losing it, I'm sitting at the kitchen table drinking my coffee and I swear I just heard the *tink* of C4 being planted....

*waits*
*looks under table*

still here. no explosion yet.

1stStrike

Banned
I love the 40mm shotgun. Killing people with it is oh so satisfying.

green: I'm there with you. I've "heard" video game sounds before even when not playing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
1stStrike said:
I love the 40mm shotgun. Killing people with it is oh so satisfying.

green: I'm there with you. I've "heard" video game sounds before even when not playing.

Sometimes I see them when I go to sleep. Not like dreaming... I close my eyes and still see them.

:lol

That's when you know you need to take a break and do something productive for a few days to make up for lost time.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
Sometimes I see them when I go to sleep. Not like dreaming... I close my eyes and still see them.

That's when you know you need to take a break and do something productive for a few days to make up for lost time.

:eek:

"Mom, I see... video game people." :lol

Az

Lag was horrible yesterday so I barely played. Sorry Dreamgazer I didnt join you but I left my PS3 on when I went out. Came back and saw your invites.

greenjerk said:
I know strike like's the 40mm shotgun and although it is fun at times it felt like a bit of a grind.

I didn't need the M1 garand but I did need Thompson, it was the last one I got.

BTW, I think I'm losing it, I'm sitting at the kitchen table drinking my coffee and I swear I just heard the *tink* of C4 being planted....

*waits*
*looks under table*

still here. no explosion yet.
oh man, i hear the same sound sometimes!

todahawk

recklessmind said:

Probably doesn't help that i have the mortar strike sound as my ringtone and helmet richochet as text alert...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom