• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Rick Mapletree, I couldn't accept your invitation, I was finishing that match and leaving.

And I kinda suck in those 2 matches, sorry.It wasn't a good day...:lol

todahawk

olimpia84 said:
Fuck you Dice! I joined a random team in Conquest and it was perhaps the best team I've ever played with, we were on a 8 or 9 game winning streak and then boom, the game disconnects by itself kicking everybody out and it wasn't even lagging :(

The level of teamwork with these guys was awesome. we split up evenly to get all flags in each level and it's not like the other team was bad, we were just that good. Then toda and NoStyle joined and we continued to kick ass and that's when we got kicked out of the game gggrrrrr

I saw everyone log off after that so I assumed I wasn't the only one to get booted to the main menu.

I did a little testing and lag is worse on Rush than it is on Conquest. Although I did have some very odd & bad hit detection with the knife on Conquest. I got the "kill" knife animation and the dude would just keep going.

This lag and rubberbanding is just horrible. I don't know why i keep coming back... :(

Cornbread78

olimpia84 said:
Fuck you Dice! I joined a random team in Conquest and it was perhaps the best team I've ever played with, we were on a 8 or 9 game winning streak and then boom, the game disconnects by itself kicking everybody out and it wasn't even lagging :(
The level of teamwork with these guys was awesome. we split up evenly to get all flags in each level and it's not like the other team was bad, we were just that good. Then toda and NoStyle joined and we continued to kick ass and that's when we got kicked out of the game gggrrrrr

I've wondered about this....Do they purposefully disconnect you from the server if you rack-up a large winning streak? It seams everytime you go on a 5+ game winning streak this happens!

greenjerk said:
Woo hoo!

Cornbread and I played a few rounds and we had horrible, horrible teammates. And the game was acting really odd. You'd go nowhere near a mine and it'd blow. Point blank shotty rounds to the head/chest to no effect. I ran near a Bradley to C4 it and slid like I was on ice and went under it. WEIRD SHIT MAN.

LOL, that was some weird shit, I think the best is when I threw six stick of c-4 on the heli, flew it up the hill, landed it right on top of the Mcom station, jumped out, blew it the Fu(k up and got no damage points on the MCom station. WTF? Once we gotta the hardcore matches with my other buddies, the games were much better!

Also, the lag was MUCH BETTER over the weekend. I actually only played BFBC2 all weekend because there was no real lag on most of the servers I joined. Squad Deathmatch in White Pass is the way to go to get the 2.0 kills. I got 2 more over the weekend! Only 16 more to go, LOL.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
I've wondered about this....Do they purposefully disconnect you from the server if you rack-up a large winning streak? It seams everytime you go on a 5+ game winning streak this happens!
On PC possibly, depends on the admin. On PS3, I think it's just our shit luck and/or crap servers.

It's pretty bad when the P2P Modern Warfare 2 matches I played this weekend were more stable.

Cornbread78 said:
LOL, that was some weird shit, I think the best is when I threw six stick of c-4 on the heli, flew it up the hill, landed it right on top of the Mcom station, jumped out, blew it the Fu(k up and got no damage points on the MCom station. WTF? Once we gotta the hardcore matches with my other buddies, the games were much better!

Also, the lag was MUCH BETTER over the weekend. I actually only played BFBC2 all weekend because there was no real lag on most of the servers I joined. Squad Deathmatch in White Pass is the way to go to get the 2.0 kills. I got 2 more over the weekend! Only 16 more to go, LOL.

Sounds like a plan, lets get some! Seriously, i hear the lag isn't as bad on squad deathmatch and squad rush.

jayb

I just bought this game at BB for $40 yesterday ... played 2 Rush matches and 2 Squad DM matches. this game is crazy fun! It's nice not to have to put up with all the COD killstreaks/perks.

I had two instances of rubber-banding that only lasted 2 seconds each. Other than that my matches were smooth as butter. (PS3)

todahawk

jayb said:
I just bought this game at BB for $40 yesterday ... played 2 Rush matches and 2 Squad DM matches. this game is crazy fun! It's nice not to have to put up with all the COD killstreaks/perks.

I had two instances of rubber-banding that only lasted 2 seconds each. Other than that my matches were smooth as butter. (PS3)

Where are you? East coast, west coast, south? East coasters are having the most problems. Keep your fingers crossed. Weekends seem to be the worst.

todahawk

Topher said:
This game is broken and unplayable with the recent lag issues. The hell is EA's problem?

PS3 or 360?

@Strike- be careful with getting killstreaks, Seks told me 3 or higher was locking PS3's hard. So of course the first thing I did was hop in a Bradley and go on a massive killstreak. Later in the match I froze hard. Some people are reporting YLOD after freezes so I'm waiting for an update due today or tomorrow to stablize things a bit.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
greenjerk said:
PS3 or 360?

@Strike- be careful with getting killstreaks, Seks told me 3 or higher was locking PS3's hard. So of course the first thing I did was hop in a Bradley and go on a massive killstreak. Later in the match I froze hard. Some people are reporting YLOD after freezes so I'm waiting for an update due today or tomorrow to stablize things a bit.
PS3 here.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Okay, I'm just DLing it right now anyway. I might wait for that patch too.

Just checked the MoH thread and it looks like some people are getting lots of freezes and some aren't. Haven't seen an update on the patch but it sounds like the 360 delay was due to instability issues.

Some people must not understand that EA is publishing both games, they're posting in there about pre-ordering MoH because they're tired of the BC2 lag. I hope they mean they just want a break but damn it i'm really worried about EA's commitment to support their games.

Like Az said, it's a bad sign when on teh weekend your friends list is all playing something else.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MOH BETA:
I tried a couple of matches ...
Yeah its really rough, lots of crashing/freezing bugs.
- Dont try to create a private match.
- Dont press select to see the score.

Its a BETA, dont try it as if it was a demo.

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, I know. Will BC2 even be a year old when MoH comes out?

I realize it's a beta, but the release date isn't that far away. They'd better get some patches out soon.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:
Yea, I know. Will BC2 even be a year old when MoH comes out?

I realize it's a beta, but the release date isn't that far away. They'd better get some patches out soon.
Dunno when is the realease.
But im probably not going to buy it... until i try a demo. :D

Cornbread78

It's gonna be a long summer with no good clan/team based games kickin' it right now.... (I miss KZ21 :( Hopefully they fix the servers completely soon, so BFBC2 can get us through the dog days of summer..... well, that and a lot of the back-log. Once FFXIII is completely done, it's time for some inFamous.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Cornbread78 said:
It's gonna be a long summer with no good clan/team based games kickin' it right now.... (I miss KZ21 :( Hopefully they fix the servers completely soon, so BFBC2 can get us through the dog days of summer..... well, that and a lot of the back-log. Once FFXIII is completely done, it's time for some inFamous.

Hopefully the servers will be fixed for those having issues. My issue has been getting kicked to the dash lately.

Like a moron I will buy Onlsaught tomorrow morning though.

So is this something for just me, but lately on the PC the server browser has stopped showing me pings. wtf is going on, its been like this for over a week.

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Dunno when is the realease.
But im probably not going to buy it... until i try a demo. :D

I had to play a match on MoH just to try it. So far, definitely rough. I couldn't figure out how to crouch, the controls are a bit different (I kept trying to crouch, and I'd knife the air instead), and I'd try to spot someone, but of course it did nothing but bring up the score.

Then I got a kill streak of 3 and it froze :lol

Oh well. I'm happy now, and will wait for the patch.

BattleMonkey said:
So is this something for just me, but lately on the PC the server browser has stopped showing me pings. wtf is going on, its been like this for over a week.

I'm sure you have checked this, but you are running Steam as admin, right?

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:

Maybe if they piss off enough people and they leave teh game it will stabilize for the GAF crew. Or maybe Onslaught will pull some people away.

But I agree, I need my multiplayer fix, I have plenty of single player stuff to finish but I like the teamwork and chatter of BC2.

abuC

I said it before, but they should really allow you to fix the crates now, pretty much everyone is just trying to blow them up at this point.

Also, wtf is going on with this game lately, how did I hit a landmine.......while piloting the blackhawk. And no, I wasn't landing I brushed the top of a tree and BOOM landmine, even though it was in our spawn point on Valpraiso.

AndyD

aka andydumi
abuC said:
I said it before, but they should really allow you to fix the crates now, pretty much everyone is just trying to blow them up at this point.

Also, wtf is going on with this game lately, how did I hit a landmine.......while piloting the blackhawk. And no, I wasn't landing I brushed the top of a tree and BOOM landmine, even though it was in our spawn point on Valpraiso.

I have seen people sneak in and throw mines around a base, then toss a grenade to set them off. Maybe the explosion got you near the ground? Or maybe the mine had landed in the tree when it was thrown.

abuC said:

In hardcore rush, no one plans the bomb. Just everyone sits back and blows it up and very little one can do to stop it.

I only play hardcore conquest now because rush is so borked in favor of attackers.

abuC

AndyD said:
I have seen people sneak in and throw mines around a base, then toss a grenade to set them off. Maybe the explosion got you near the ground? Or maybe the mine had landed in the tree when it was thrown.

I have no clue how it happened, I was about 15 feet off the ground and the person who placed the mine would have needed to get into a tree within 10 seconds without dying.

Mully

abuC said:

A friendly explosion probably launched the mine into a tree, so when you hit it: Kaboom.

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Is the lag on multiplayer as bad on Xbox Live? I cant play it on Ps3. Its unbearable

The 360 version is not out yet. The beta is supposed to start sometime this week, no word on when that would be.

todahawk

forgot to mention this, it was rubberbanding so bad yesterday that when I was in the gunner seat of Cobra 4WD that it felt like we were driving one of those big firetrucks with the steering wheel in the back. I was getting pulled and pushed all over and I was seeing the inside textures and parts of the vehicle i'd never seen before. It was crazy.

@AbuC: I had weird shit happen with mines this weekend to. We'd be creeping up with a mine 20 feet to our left and die. First time we chalked it up to missing one but we'd be dying from random mines left and right where there was no spot they could've been.

I also had a lot of instances where I'd fire a weapon like the CG and get no damage even though I see the firing animation and saw the missile clearly hit. But no damage or hit indication and then the weapon never went through the reload animation so I'd fire again. No hit indicators and no reload. Fire a third time, finally get hit markers and damage and it would reload. It happened with stationary ATs and sometimes the tank (IIRC). Get the animation, sound and see the projectile, just no reload, hit, or environment reaction. o_O

Binabik15

When I last played (~2 weeks ago) I sometimes got vehicle destroy assists after having it explode from MY rocket. This game is crazy.

I still haven´t found anybody who wants to buy it, so I´m getting the missing SP trophies. Finished it yesterday, pretty boring overall. Need to go back and blow up M-Coms my brother missed when he started the campaign. And I need to destroy 50 buildings, do I need destruction 2.0 stuff or do those wooden huts that you can blow up with 4-7 40mm grenades count? Best mission to do it?

Oh, and I checked the store yesterday and WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?! "Shortcut" dlc? Seriously, fuck you EA. You´re evil again. It doesn´t impact the gameplay, but holy shit at the prices. ´Tis a brave new world.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Archurro said:
Is that 360 footage?

Oh, and also, I'm pretty sure I played with you yesterday with dirtytea and catpeople(I'm PLayer01). Fun times.

Edit: oh, just realized the prompt for "x to reload"

Yeah, that was me! I'll add you to my friend's list tonight. My dad was coming over for Father's Day and my girl was getting shit ready while I was playing, so I had to jet, lol.

sladeums

Binabik15 said:
When I last played (~2 weeks ago) I sometimes got vehicle destroy assists after having it explode from MY rocket. This game is crazy.

I still haven´t found anybody who wants to buy it, so I´m getting the missing SP trophies. Finished it yesterday, pretty boring overall. Need to go back and blow up M-Coms my brother missed when he started the campaign. And I need to destroy 50 buildings, do I need destruction 2.0 stuff or do those wooden huts that you can blow up with 4-7 40mm grenades count? Best mission to do it?

Oh, and I checked the store yesterday and WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?! "Shortcut" dlc? Seriously, fuck you EA. You´re evil again. It doesn´t impact the gameplay, but holy shit at the prices. ´Tis a brave new world.

for the Demolish trophy do the mission Heavy Metal up 'til you get the UAV
use the UAV to destroy every non-objective building you can
when you run out of buildings reload the checkpoint and repeat until you get it

Binabik15

Cool, it´s one of the mission I have to replay anyways.

How is the % of your thropies calculated? I have all but 5 (et tu, 20 2.0, all m-coms, buildings and of course the plat) and there´s, uhm, 40-50, right? Then why am I at 70% IS the platinum counting a lot more percantage wise or does the overall % include the spec-act (or whatever they´re called) dlc crap?

PS: I´m still not over the whole dlc stuff, maybe because it´s my first game besides LBP that really tries to shove dlc down into your throat.

Menelaus

Banned
I hate that Vietnam is going to be an X-Pac, or I'd ditch this game. I just finished my bronze stars, and have no real desire to finish off the insignias. Competition is still ridiculously weak on Xbox.

sladeums

Binabik15 said:
Cool, it´s one of the mission I have to replay anyways.

How is the % of your thropies calculated? I have all but 5 (et tu, 20 2.0, all m-coms, buildings and of course the plat) and there´s, uhm, 40-50, right? Then why am I at 70% IS the platinum counting a lot more percantage wise or does the overall % include the spec-act (or whatever they´re called) dlc crap?

PS: I´m still not over the whole dlc stuff, maybe because it´s my first game besides LBP that really tries to shove dlc down into your throat.

yeah, DLC counts in part of the overall percentage
so you can plat it and won't be 100% w/o the DLC

jayb

Binabik15 said:

Whatever you do, do not buy Pain. :lol

Woohoo, I might get to finally play BC1: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39648/E3-2010-Gaikai-signs-EA

EA has become the first publisher to sign up to Gaikai’s streaming video games service that will allow users to play high-spec titles via any web browser.
Titles that will be hitting the service include The Sims, Battlefield: Bad Company, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Medal of Honor and Need for Speed.
“Gaikai’s innovations open whole new experiences for both current players and new customers looking for the best of interactive entertainment,” EA’s chief creative director Richard Hilleman stated.
“It also brings new opportunities and capabilities that will improve both our craft and products, including secure beta-testing and the ability to instantaneously bring the latest games into the hands of our waiting audience.”
Gaikai CEO Dave Perry added: “EA has some of the most important franchises in the video game industry, and we're excited to be able to use our streaming technology to help new audiences discover these amazing properties. We are also excited to be powering a cutting-edge digital strategy with EA developers.”
In addition, Gaikai’s website has had a revamp. You can check it out here.

todahawk

sladeums said:
yeah, DLC counts in part of the overall percentage
so you can plat it and won't be 100% w/o the DLC

That's good to know. Still need to get freaking 13 destruction 2.0 kills though.
Not getting Onslaught on principal if this lag and rubberbanding doesn't get fixed. The thing is, Onslaught is 4 players and bots, it'll probably play fine, same as the squad based modes.

Sanic

Pandoracell said:
Has the lag been fixed? East coast + 360.

Anyone? My last experience with the game, on PS3 about a month ago, soured me out of a purchase because of the lag. How is it now on 360?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
So, I take it that the Battlefield Veteran thing never got sorted out. I was just trying to finally get that set up, and the fucking page won't even load.

edit: Nevermind, I finally got it to work. I was going to wrong link. I loved the M1 in 1943, I'm so happy that I'll finally be able to use it again.

Sanic

The Faceless Master said:
nope, it's not.

Good to hear, i'm probably gonna go pick up the 360 version. When I played on PS3, it wasn't 'bad' per se, but there was a subtle choppiness/inaccuracy to everything I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom