• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pandoracell said:
Was conquest ever adjusted on consoles so that the ticket count will decrease more rapidly when you control more points, or were they never planning on changing that?
Yup.

Its pretty awesome now.

Mr. Snrub said:
I pretty much exclusively play rush. Conquest in BC ain't the same as BF. Once/if we get patched tomorrow, I might try, since the ticket count/bleed can be modified. Conquest games are over so quick--I like long, epic games.

Dunno, it seems that rush games are just going faster and faster every day, the attackers just get better and faster at rolling through the defense and mcoms it seems on PC.

Sanic

greenjerk said:
Olimpia might know for sure, he plays Conquest a lot. We were playing some the other night and regularly locked down all 3 or 3/4 and the games went really fast.

Fersis said:
Yup.

Its pretty awesome now.

Thanks guys :).

Oh, and what was that 200+MB optional update on 360 about? A quick search seemed to turn up that, at the moment, it does nothing?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pandoracell said:
Thanks guys :).

Oh, and what was that 200+MB optional update on 360 about? A quick search seemed to turn up that, at the moment, it does nothing?
It has bug fixes and some lighting changes on a couple of maps i think.

BattleMonkey said:
Dunno, it seems that rush games are just going faster and faster every day, the attackers just get better and faster at rolling through the defense and mcoms it seems on PC.

I started to enjoy the game less when my rank rose towards 30. I had the feeling that my skill wasn't represented by my rank. I still think games are less relaxed than they were when I had a lower rank. But my skill has risen so that I can enjoy it a bit more.

todahawk

Mr. Snrub said:
My god. Can you imagine? Starting off against infantry, then ATVs/transport vehicles, then light tanks, heavy tanks, then choppers...would be fucking awesome.

Holy shit, DICE please make this.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mr. Snrub said:
My god. Can you imagine? Starting off against infantry, then ATVs/transport vehicles, then light tanks, heavy tanks, then choppers...would be fucking awesome.

Isn't that exactly what Onslaught is? Each level gets progressively harder with the AI getting vehicles in the later levels? I thought it was like that anyway.

todahawk

dskillzhtown said:
Isn't that exactly what Onslaught is? Each level gets progressively harder with the AI getting vehicles in the later levels? I thought it was like that anyway.

Just dug up that Onslaught gameplay interview vid on youtube, it's kinda like a single m-com rush vs. AI. You advance from your base and capture objectives along the way.

edit: there's a timer counting UP in the lower left corner. And despite what the guy from DICE says, it tracks time down to 1/10th of a second (it's right on the screen).

todahawk

Fersis said:
Onslaught Launch Trailer

Im at work so im buying it tonight =/

Same here, stuck at work. I might wait for some impressions before buying.

Pixelenemy has some E3 footage of Onslaught up (allll sniper action)

edit: I'm wondering what the minimum number of players to start an Onslaught match is. 2? 4? The guys time is past 15 minutes in the e3 vid, people are gonna be farming points like crazy if there's no limit.

Maybe i can get the rest of my d 2.0 kills???

Pete Rock

The only thing I care about is the ability to steal a helicopter and infinitely destroy a pool of AI defenders without a time or ticket limit. I'd rather have the comp stomp dropped in my lap, but if I have to work for it slightly so be it. Don't care at all about the high-score leaderboards and frankly I'd assume most of the guys who would are the same ones who've been chopper raping on Atacama since day one.

todahawk

Pete Rock said:
The only thing I care about is the ability to steal a helicopter and infinitely destroy a pool of AI defenders without a time or ticket limit. I'd rather have the comp stomp dropped in my lap, but if I have to work for it slightly so be it. Don't care at all about the high-score leaderboards and frankly I'd assume most of the guys who would are the same ones who've been chopper raping on Atacama since day one.

That would work for me. I've been dying for a sandbox to practice things in.

todahawk

1stStrike said:

wat

That's preposterous.

Blasphemy!

Ok, fine. If green buys it, I'll buy it.

Heh heh.
Only thing that bothers me is the lag issues in the other modes, I'd buy this in a heartbeat otherwise.

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, that's what's holding me back. I want to see if it's going to be laggy/crashy/shitty/worth the purchase before I buy it.

That's why I expect a comprehensive review from some of our more liberal spenders on here (hi Fersis) :D

Fersis

olimpia84 said:
Will wait for your impressions then, are you playing tonight?
Ill try to.
Dont know how big the download is. Maybe its just an unlock?

Erasus said:
Anyone else a little bored when all the stuff is unlocked? :lol

Once I hit 22 I really stopped caring as much as I already had all my pins. I also got 1000/1000 achievements. Now I'm playing to get my SPECACT weapon achievements and I'm 3/4 on them. Just need 40 more kills with the Sniper rifle and I can do that in one night playing defense Rush on hardcore.

Oh, and I'll wait for impressions for Onslaught. My friends stopped playing this game so I want to see how it is going Lone Wolf style first.

Fersis

greenjerk said:
I thought the Onslaught files were part of that huge 1.04 download... ?
Thats what i think but you never know...

todahawk

Mr. Snrub said:
No, but a minority of gamers have been known to enjoy just playing the game.

Zing!

@AbuC - sounds like we'll just have to wait for the Vietnam expansion pack... been meaning to add ya, what's your PSN id?

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
No, but a minority of gamers have been known to enjoy just playing the game.

Blasphemy. The reason I started and loved playing Battlefield with 1942 was because of leader boards, unlocks, achievements, ranks and points.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
TheAzRim said:
I'll wait for the fixes with the lag to buy it. Just a bit burned out at the moment,

Looks like 360 won't even be getting it today anyway.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...field-bad-company-2-starts-the-onslaught.aspx

The new co-op game mode, Onslaught is available on PlayStation 3 in North America from today and tomorrow (Wednesday 23rd) in Europe.

Xbox 360 owners will be able to pick up Onslaught mode in the very near future and we are also still investigating the possibility of Onslaught coming to PC.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Erasus said:
Anyone else a little bored when all the stuff is unlocked? :lol
I find unlocking boring. The game only becomes fun once you feel like you are not being restricted.

Fersis

The Faceless Master said:
the opposite for me. i was getting bored playing the 'unlock meta-game' and was extremely happy to finally start playing the real game when i was done.
Same here.
COD set this awful standard of unlocking,progress,stats and all that jazz.

Mr. Snrub said:
I pretty much exclusively play rush. Conquest in BC ain't the same as BF. Once/if we get patched tomorrow, I might try, since the ticket count/bleed can be modified. Conquest games are over so quick--I like long, epic games.
Conquest feel so different now on console with the faster ticket bleed.

Pandoracell said:
Was conquest ever adjusted on consoles so that the ticket count will decrease more rapidly when you control more points, or were they never planning on changing that?
yeah, it's like 4 seconds a ticket now.

Fersis

Onslaught Mode: BOUGHT!

Its a 100 KB unlock key, so the mode was on the 1.03 or 1.04 patch.

valentine71 said:
Looks like EA made a timed-exclusivity deal with Sony for some stuff and also some other exclusivity deal when we think about other PS3 exclusive things too (MoH beta delay on 360, Dead Space 2 with Extinction and MoH with MoH: Frontline HD)
it's probably just incompetence. why wouldn't they tout an exclusive deal like Activision/MS? if it actually was an exclusive and they just didn't say so, it just makes makes them look incompetent, which is almost as bad as the alternative.

Fersis

Played some Conquest matches with Olimpia84 and we had 0 lag.
Looks like the server side mainteinance helped a little bit :D

Onslaught Mode Impressions:
- No lag if youre host
- No lag if you are not host but you may see some weird hit detection. (Nothing crazy)
- I played on Normal difficulty and it was a good challenge... so hardcore must be a beast.
- Loooots of stuff explosions and bullets flying all over the place.
- It seems to be crazy fun with a full GAF squad.
- You can play it all by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom