• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since people mostly tank snipe the mcom on Arica Harbor set 1B, I park my tank right in front of the mcom while my buddy repairs it. Makes 'em rage. :lol

Sanic

Ehhh bought it, haven't opened it yet. I'm still thinking over my decision :lol. I haven't been more so-so about a game in a long time. I don't know if i'll end up opening it anytime soon :p.

Mr Sandman said:
Since people mostly tank snipe the mcom on Arica Harbor set 1B, I park my tank right in front of the mcom while my buddy repairs it. Makes 'em rage. :lol

I wish this were as effective on Valparaiso 1B :(

Mr. Snrub said:
I wish this were as effective on Valparaiso 1B :(
True. The only solution (aside from killing them of course) I have found is to smoke the hell out of the hill they usually gustav it from. It works but eventually they'll find a new spot/put a bounty on your ass (usually the lone sniper douche in the back gets you).

Pandoracell said:
hmmm 3 separate matches, all laggy. Not too happy with my purchase right now.

It hasn't been like this until recently. I hope it will get fixed relatively soon. Looking forward to Onslaught Mode tomorrow.

Sanic

ToyMachine228 said:
It hasn't been like this until recently. I hope it will get fixed relatively soon. Looking forward to Onslaught Mode tomorrow.

I hope. It's actually worse than when I played the game last about a month ago. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and what does this update do that i'm prompted to download when reaching the main menu?

1stStrike

Banned
Welcome to Lagfest: Bad Company 2

I'll be looking forward to feedback on Onslaught, so you guys that are picking it up had better post a comprehensive review in here after you've played it a bit.

Vard

I haven't touched the game in a long time due to the lag. Quite sad that it's been around for so long. I was excited about Onslaught at first but now I'm questioning whether I should get it... and maybe I should sell the game now while it's still at a high price (and possibly buy it back later for cheap - when they've hopefully fixed the lag). Hmm. :\

Good thing some of you Gaffers bailed out when you did. After stomping them for a couple of rounds they started to non-stop cheap shot me and Crak. They used every trick in the book: Remote mines, suicide crashes with UAV/Helicopter, tank sniping, you name it they did it. They ended up taking out every M-Com without planting a single bomb.

They really need to allow us to repair our own M-Coms, I don't know why that's not in the game.

They literally sniped B from their spawn point. Everyday that goes by I get more discouraged in this game. I'm not even going to play tomorrow.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Tkawsome said:
They really need to allow us to repair our own M-Coms, I don't know why that's not in the game.

I really miss being able to do that. It was in the beta, and it worked good. The lag was absolutely terrible tonight. It was frustrating to play the Medal of Honor beta and have it be lag free, and then to switch over to BC2 and suffer through lag.

Today is the first time a teabag got to me. TK and I were the only one that tried to prevent the spawnsite crate bashing. We literally had to fight against the whole team because they never left their spawn. Those guys for +40 suck, the only thing they could do good is crate bashing. Some dick killed me and teabagged me and then I raged walking all the way to their spawn point again killing 5 of their teammates again and repeat while the rest of our team is sitting back and chilling.

I have never seen such a team with a huge amount of cowardice.

1stStrike

Banned
Cowardice gets to me too. I mean, it's a frigging video game. It's not like if you die in the game, you die IRL. Fucking man up, and go get that shit done. Use some tactics, play together, play smart, and you'll win most of the time.

I haven't quit BC2, but I'm just taking a little bit of a break. MoH beta is out now, so I'll be playing that off and on, along with BC2 when I feel like it. I'm working on book 2 now, though, so that's consuming a lot of my free time... and if this publisher gives me the go ahead, then I'm going to have to go back to book 1 and do whatever edits they want me to do. So, busy times ahead.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I was only ever teabagged once when a guy knifed me while I was on the UAV. Not that smart when I can spawn 5 feet from that spot

I might as well take a break. I wish Twisted Metal, Killzone 3, and Infamous 2 is out already so I can put this game down but it's 2011 for all 3.

I don't think I'm going to buy BFBC3 if there is one. Could be the excess rage talking now though.

Teabagging doesn't usually get to me but when I have to keep walking over to their spawn to stop them and get teabagged by cowards, it got to me today. I usually just laugh it off.

snack

Sigh. I just started playing BC2 again and today I was on this server going 12-0. All of a sudden I get a message saying I got kicked by an admin. "ya right man" was the message the admin sent me. That server was running PB too. I was pretty choked, but at least I got to keep my stats after being kicked. Corrupt admins FTL. :lol

Damn, "crate bashing" really is getting out of hand. I didn't realize until tonight. No one even bothers arming anymore and it's definitely costing some games. Like teams that do it the whole round wasting tickets when I've *easily* gone in and armed, but couldn't defend all by myself why my team is off in the bushes playing with their peckers--err gustavs. There's a place and time for both.

So having an enemy arm it and his 4 snipers buddies call mortar strikes perfectly in a row is pretty frustrating. On crates open to the sky. BS.

And the attackers just "crate-bashing" is stupid. I wish the defenders could repair it :/, even slowly.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Assembly Required said:
I assumed 'Onslaught' was going to be free content for VIPs, definitely would have returned to BC2. I hope it's decently priced at least..
I think its 10 bucks.

Today server maintenance should help with the lag issues.

Pete Rock

The lag has actually been nonexistent for me lately, this weekend only had a few spikes and last night was completely smooth. If they keep this up I might consider picking up Onslaught, but I'm more interested in extra maps so I might hold off to see more details on the supposed Vietnam pack.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pete Rock said:
The lag has actually been nonexistent for me lately, this weekend only had a few spikes and last night was completely smooth. If they keep this up I might consider picking up Onslaught, but I'm more interested in extra maps so I might hold off to see more details on the supposed Vietnam pack.
Yeah, this weekend i had more lag free matches than in the last month. So that was pretty nice.

Remember to update your EA Profile with your country!

Joe Grant said:
As of today, we have made a server side adjustment to the servers where you are directed to.

This is more work to aiming to solve the LAG and Rubber Banding issues the community has reported.

What have we done?

Previously, the logic directed you to what it thought was the lowest ping site. This did not work as planned and following the feedback from some of you we have changed it.

Now we load balance and direct you to servers based on your region setting when you created your account. For this to improve your play, you may need to reset set your residence via http://profile.ea.com

Please continue to provide feedback on how this affects performance. We are particulary interested in feedback from the Asia/Australia servers as to their rubber banding and to the rest of the world who found Asian based players appearing in their servers which introduced LAG.

olimpia84

Tkawsome said:
Good thing some of you Gaffers bailed out when you did. After stomping them for a couple of rounds they started to non-stop cheap shot me and Crak. They used every trick in the book: Remote mines, suicide crashes with UAV/Helicopter, tank sniping, you name it they did it. They ended up taking out every M-Com without planting a single bomb.

Looks like I won't be playing Rush anymore. It's just not fun at all and it doesn't really matter since I like Conquest better anyway (plus for some reason there is less lag in Conquest).

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I am having a weird issue on PC where although my mouse aim is inverted, when in a tank or on the gun in a jeep, it is not inverted. This happened just recently without me making any changes, but directly after a weird log-in issue. Messing with the other inverting option in the menu doesn't help. Anyone had this problem or know where in an ini file I might be able to make a change?

Cornbread78

olimpia84 said:
Looks like I won't be playing Rush anymore. It's just not fun at all and it doesn't really matter since I like Conquest better anyway (plus for some reason there is less lag in Conquest).

LOL, yes, reapairs are friggen' needed, the destruction is out of control. I'll be doing some White Pass Squad Deathmatches tonight trying to get some 2.0s, LOL. add me and join in if you want brotha...

Do most people just play Rush? I've always preferred classic conquest. Rush as it is, is borked in favor of attackers. I always just go straight for the conquest/death match games.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I was having terrible lag last night playing Rush, but over the last few days I've had more lag-free nights than lagged. PS3 version, here. I hope the server updates fix it up further. I need to start playing more Conquest and Deathmatch. I'll be picking up Onslaught.

I need some more people to play with! I'm just getting started, but having a blast. PSN = Diseasedyak (I posted in the online thread, but figured I might as well here too)

BattleMonkey said:
Do most people just play Rush? I've always preferred classic conquest. Rush as it is, is borked in favor of attackers. I always just go straight for the conquest/death match games.

I pretty much exclusively play rush. Conquest in BC ain't the same as BF. Once/if we get patched tomorrow, I might try, since the ticket count/bleed can be modified. Conquest games are over so quick--I like long, epic games.

todahawk

olimpia84 said:

Yeah, Conquest was a lot better lag and rubberbanding-wise... not counting that last match where we all got booted.

@Cornbread: i might be on a bit tonight or tomorrow. If not, i'll be on for sure for a Friday night binge.

edit: depending on the freakin' lag.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
Yeah, Conquest was a lot better lag and rubberbanding-wise... not counting that last match where we all got booted.

@Cornbread: i might be on a bit tonight or tomorrow. If not, i'll be on for sure for a Friday night binge.

edit: depending on the freakin' lag.

NO problem, I plan on doign a lot of White Pass and Africa Harbor to blow the crap outta some buildings. Who gives a F about k/d when you can make a building blow to smitherines!

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
NO problem, I plan on doign a lot of White Pass and Africa Harbor to blow the crap outta some buildings. Who gives a F about k/d when you can make a building blow to smitherines!

I was trying to explain to my wife that the draw of Bad Company 2 isn't shooting people as much as being able to blow up the walls of the buildings they're hiding in. Or watching their Hummvee cartwheel in a fiery wreck after hitting a land mine I placed.

owlbeak

Just back to this game since Red Dead Redemption came out and it was great over the weekend, minimal lag and it was usually confined to a server and we'd switch and it would be fine.

Not last night. A friend and I played for probably three hours and every goddamn game had horrible lag sucking us through walls and stairs. At one point I ran around a corner, into a building and up the stairs and stopped at a window and started firing at an enemy at which point I was slowly pulled back down the stairs out the door and back around the corner and the guy I was shooting at came up and knifed me while I was being pulled through a dumpster. That's when I turned off the 360 and went to bed pissed off. We were also both kicked to dashboard twice in two consecutive games.

owlbeak

Meh..I was excited about Onslaught until I found out it uses the same old maps we've been playing since release and doesn't really do anything different. I like coop missions, but I'm not paying $10 for four missions on existing maps. Give us new maps for $10, ffs.

However, if it was like a Battlefield Bad Company 2 "Horde" mode, I'd throw down $10 in a heartbeat.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
I was trying to explain to my wife that the draw of Bad Company 2 isn't shooting people as much as being able to blow up the walls of the buildings they're hiding in. Or watching their Hummvee cartwheel in a fiery wreck after hitting a land mine I placed.

LOL, hell yeah! Campers be damned in this game, it is definately the anti camp-fest MW2.

Sanic

Was conquest ever adjusted on consoles so that the ticket count will decrease more rapidly when you control more points, or were they never planning on changing that?

Horsebite said:
Meh..I was excited about Onslaught until I found out it uses the same old maps we've been playing since release and doesn't really do anything different. I like coop missions, but I'm not paying $10 for four missions on existing maps. Give us new maps for $10, ffs.

However, if it was like a Battlefield Bad Company 2 "Horde" mode, I'd throw down $10 in a heartbeat.

My god. Can you imagine? Starting off against infantry, then ATVs/transport vehicles, then light tanks, heavy tanks, then choppers...would be fucking awesome.

todahawk

Pandoracell said:
Was conquest ever adjusted on consoles so that the ticket count will decrease more rapidly when you control more points, or were they never planning on changing that?

Olimpia might know for sure, he plays Conquest a lot. We were playing some the other night and regularly locked down all 3 or 3/4 and the games went really fast.

Nabs said:
If you have mics, you guys should hang out in the mumble voice chat server. you never know, you may get more players to play with. bc2 pc players should consider it, especially with the crappy in-game voip.

Absolutely, I saw this yesterday and showed a friend whose vent we've been using. I think I'm going to try it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom