• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, Atacama Desert has an Apache at the start and Isla Inocentes has a Blackhawk at the start.

You can practice flying all you want if you start a private game on Easy.

there are enemy choppers on those levels too...

prepare to get creamed by one in Isla Inocentes on Hardcore.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Played Onslaught with my buddies last night. It is alot of fun, but it is all about getting your personal time down. Communication is a must though. Alot of, "take out that chopper!!!!" last night. I enjoyed it, but not sure how much of a shelf life it has since there are only 4 maps and once you get good at it, the matches should last about 8-10 minutes each.

I wish they had come up with new medals to open up or something.

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, Atacama Desert has an Apache at the start and Isla Inocentes has a Blackhawk at the start.

You can practice flying all you want if you start a private game on Easy.

there are enemy choppers on those levels too...

prepare to get creamed by one in Isla Inocentes on Hardcore.

Holy shit awesome! Someone @ DICE was listening.
Can't wait to try those tonight.

What did they change on Isla? I saw a screenshot that showed Atacama around dusk.

GeneralIroh said:
I don't really care about onslaught mode. Just give us new maps damnit. Stop recycling the same setting. It would be nice to have some new weapons as well or new skins that aren't just camo. How about some of the skins from MOH. I liked the gun models from MOH more. Especially since the m16 can be used with the eotech sight.

I don't know, I LOVE Laguna Presa Rush, one of my favorites. I do hate Arica Harbor Conquest though.

I think I'll love Atacama Rush, and Laguna Alta Rush (crossing my fingers).

As for the MoH weapons...I don't think it's just the weapon models. I think the weapon models in BC2 look great, but I don't like the "angle" from the 1st person view. Compare:

mohmpgame2010-06-2501-amra.jpg

BFBC2Game-2010-01-28-17-08-26-83.jpg

I like the angle of the MoH 1st person view more. Makes the guns look less "fat" and, I don't know...cleaner. MW2 is the same way and I think that's why people say MW2's look "better.

Binabik15

The Faceless Master said:
apparently the lag is gone. you should try it.

I don´t know, not playing anymore feels like I´m "drug" free. Well, except for GAF :D

I dunno, after the C4 vid I´m itching to blow up some buildings in SP, after I´m good at it I might try to get the destruction 2.0 trophy. IF the lag is gone for me. I´ll never get the Et tu, Brute though, so it doesn´t matter anyway. I have knifed ONE guy on my crowded friends list of 6 guys. I think the GAFfers on it are getting their fiy from Red Dead Redemption.

No chance without some serious stat padding :lol

PS: I don´t know, but in that pic MoH´s gun looks weird to me. Shouldn´t his hand be smaller from this perspective, it makes it look like the rifle is 20 cm long.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gowans007 said:
Is the onslaught DLC another shitty EA DRM implementation and tied to account and not console of purchase & account? (360)
PS3 doesnt have that.
Im playing in a different account in which was bought.

EDIT: Happy to see that lag is over for lots of you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Binabik15 said:
I don´t know, not playing anymore feels like I´m "drug" free. Well, except for GAF :D

I dunno, after the C4 vid I´m itching to blow up some buildings in SP, after I´m good at it I might try to get the destruction 2.0 trophy. IF the lag is gone for me. I´ll never get the Et tu, Brute though, so it doesn´t matter anyway. I have knifed ONE guy on my crowded friends list of 6 guys. I think the GAFfers on it are getting their fiy from Red Dead Redemption.

No chance without some serious stat padding :lol

PS: I don´t know, but in that pic MoH´s gun looks weird to me. Shouldn´t his hand be smaller from this perspective, it makes it look like the rifle is 20 cm long.

Are you on PS3?

If so... we can work out something for the Et tu Brute together. I need a couple more.

You could join a game on a specific map... send me a message when your side fills up, and then I'll join. Then we meet somewhere out of the way to trade kills. Simple.

todahawk

Fersis said:
PS3 doesnt have that.
Im playing in a different account in which was bought.

EDIT: Happy to see that lag is over for lots of you.

Not to be a pessimist but the real test will be this weekend.

Also, did we see the G3 and M14 with optics in the Onslaught trailer? When I tried out Valparisio in Onslaught thats the first thing I looked for in the kids. No dice. (pun intended)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
greenjerk said:

Also, did we see the G3 and M14 with optics in the Onslaught trailer? When I tried out Valparisio in Onslaught thats the first thing I looked for in the kids. No dice. (pun intended)
They said it was a mistake. Sowwy.

And yes than pun was intended! :lol

Cornbread78 said:
So, is Onslaught worth it? I've read it's fun, but $10??
Dunno if its worth $10, but it has to be crazy fun with a full GAF squad.
Gonna be playing lots of BFBC2 this weekend.

greenjerk said:

Yeah, but the devs already said that they can enable those in their testing, but they are NOT going live.

So basically...
zk315d.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
There isn't a good reason not to have optics on the all class weapons... they said they don't want to turn them into sniper rifles... so don't let people use 12x scope. RDS and ACOG are the only two people want... it wouldn't mess up the balance imo.

todahawk

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah, but the devs already said that they can enable those in their testing, but they are NOT going live.

So basically...
zk315d.jpg

BOOOOOO-urns.

& yeah, i would've been happy with red-dot and/or 4x. like reckless said, don't need anything else and then you've got balance issues.

Oh shit! Lag patch released!

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...ght-mode-available-on-ps3-and-xbox-360.aspx##

The servers are patched and it's time to face the Onslaught! Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught mode is now available for purchase on the Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 MS Points and on the PlayStation Network for $9.99. We're happy to report that the server patches have addressed the recent lag issues and have been rolled out across all platforms!

Take the new servers for a spin and check out Onslaught mode, where a squad of up to four players to play new co-op missions against an army of enemy AI across four maps. Squads compete to obtain the best time on the leaderboards against other squads and have the ability to unlock eight new achievements. For more information, check out the Onslaught page!

Fersis

Ramirez said:
Awesome news about the lag. :D

Ramirez
Official EA Apologist

mhmhm... ;)

So what was the lag cause? A mice ate some cables or what?

Cruzader

Banned
So should I set my account to US back again or leave it as UK. That region switching wont affect anything under my account correct?

Cornbread78

Fersis said:
They said it was a mistake. Sowwy.

And yes than pun was intended! :lol

Dunno if its worth $10, but it has to be crazy fun with a full GAF squad.
Gonna be playing lots of BFBC2 this weekend.

Nice, maybe I'll catch you on for once, you're in GMT (+5) from East Coast USA correct? The soccer season is done so I'll be on later on friday nights now!

recklessmind said:
Omg... playing with randoms.

LOL, leave the little blue "smurfs" alone, it's not their fault. Besides, you can't fix stupid....

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
think i'm gonna hold off on the Onslaught DLC.
Just to make sure the game doesn't go to shits in a few days, once people hear that the lags gone , they all come back and cause server overload again like at launch. :)

Binabik15

So their QA from Eastern Europe got back to work or what? Or did a magician turn their monkeys into server support?

I´ll try it next week. Don´t you fucking disappoint me, Dice/EA.

todahawk

Cruzader said:
So should I set my account to US back again or leave it as UK. That region switching wont affect anything under my account correct?

I'd try it, feedbacks been good so far. Hopefully it holds through the weekend.

I was thinking about picking up BC2 today or tomorrow, but I was just wondering how is the campaign? I don't play much multiplayer, I prefer single player. I liked the first Bad Company's campaign. Is BC2 worth picking up for the SP?

YagizY

Hey another question about BC2 regarding my shit getting stolen.

I had VIP status because I bought the game new, If I get a used copy of the game and play it on a new system without my old saves, is the VIP status saved server side or on my console?

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I was thinking about picking up BC2 today or tomorrow, but I was just wondering how is the campaign? I don't play much multiplayer, I prefer single player. I liked the first Bad Company's campaign. Is BC2 worth picking up for the SP?

If you enjoyed the first you should like the second. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
It is less open and a bit more narrow/linear in how you advance through stages, but its still very enjoyable.

1stStrike

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:

HAHAH... no. The SP is horrid. Boring/crappy story, short, not worth it.

@YagizY: Yes, that's saved server side.

Raide

Just got Onslaught, first co-op game under my belt and I love it. Hopefully they do more maps as well but I am enjoying the manic feel while defending the objectives. :lol

bloodydrake said:
If you enjoyed the first you should like the second. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
It is less open and a bit more narrow/linear in how you advance through stages, but its still very enjoyable.

1stStrike said:
HAHAH... no. The SP is horrid. Boring/crappy story, short, not worth it.

@YagizY: Yes, that's saved server side.

Can you guys go into more detail please?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Can you guys go into more detail please?
I haven't played the first BC, but BC2 SP is pretty much equivalent to MW or MW2, but maybe slightly shorter. Move, Checkpoint, Kill the guys, move, checkpoint, kill the guys, move, checkpoint, set piece etc. Some interesting settings, inane plot - the usual. I would be disappointed paying full price just for SP, for $20 or $30 it would be worth it, if just for the destructible environments. The only bad part is a stupid level where you will freeze if outside for more than 30 seconds, and the fact that you can easily walk/drive outside of the allowed game area and die for no good reason (artillery!).

So I just decided to play some BC2 after not playing for a couple of months. I don't know if I just got stupid or blind between then and now, but no servers are showing up under the server browser for me and I don't see a refresh button anywhere...what the hell is going on? (PC)

Edit: Ahh "Search." lol

Mr. Snrub said:
I don't know, I LOVE Laguna Presa Rush, one of my favorites. I do hate Arica Harbor Conquest though.

I think I'll love Atacama Rush, and Laguna Alta Rush (crossing my fingers).

As for the MoH weapons...I don't think it's just the weapon models. I think the weapon models in BC2 look great, but I don't like the "angle" from the 1st person view. Compare:

mohmpgame2010-06-2501-amra.jpg

BFBC2Game-2010-01-28-17-08-26-83.jpg

I like the angle of the MoH 1st person view more. Makes the guns look less "fat" and, I don't know...cleaner. MW2 is the same way and I think that's why people say MW2's look "better.

Well its not just the angle. Compare the combat acog sight from MOH to the one in BFBC2. There is more detail in the MOH version. MOH also has different styles of 2x and 4x scopes to give each weapon an individual look. In BFBC2 its always the same model slapped on the gun. I always wanted the eotech sight on my m16 or hk416 I think the weapons in MOH look a bit more realistic.

MisterAnderson said:
So I just decided to play some BC2 after not playing for a couple of months. I don't know if I just got stupid or blind between then and now, but no servers are showing up under the server browser for me and I don't see a refresh button anywhere...what the hell is going on? (PC)

Edit: Ahh "Search." lol
Don't worry, man. I do the same thing every day. *clicks join and such several times angrily* "WHERE MAH SERVERS?!... oh... search button."

Search just screams out 'filter' to me and I guess I run a little slow these days being that the filter is up top.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
if you liked the wide open areas and freedom and ability to tackle the missions however you wanted, then BC2 might not be what you're expecting. it's very narrow, directed and scripted.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Decided to come back to this game after a few months of lag/online problems and to my surprise still can't join a game :( (360). Anyone else having troubles or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom