• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

The Faceless Master said:
how in the... assault recon!?
the minimum distance for marksman headshots isn't that far.

Yes. Sadly I haven't been able to play that style lately because I have found a number of pc servers to be just slightly off on hit detection. But its a lot of fun and Im the only person who ever plays that way. GOL/12X/Magnum Ammo

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah. What a douchebag, eh?

Not enough motion sensors thrown out? :D

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah. What a douchebag, eh?
i mean, i'm fairly offensive on the rare occasions that i play recon, but i still got plenty of marksman headshots in the single-double digit ranges. i know i'm always happy to have a recon just behind me throwing motion sensors ahead from the ammo box i dropped.

on 360, the easiest way to game the achievement is this.

you and a friend squad up and join a Squad Rush game on Valparaiso

check the scoreboard and if the other team is full, try again from the start.

if the other team has a free space, one of you note the names on the other team...

then leave the game, pull up the friends list and go right to recent players.

join one of the people on the other team.

now, here comes the fun part.

there's a green dumpster near the attacker's spawn that's out of bounds for the defenders.

whoever is on the attacker's side, hide behind there.

whoever is on the defender's side, run behind there and either knife them or let them knife you.

keep taking turns and repeating until you both have it.

It's easier than that. Create a private chat, start any match with a buddy, send a friend request to the top player on the other side. Once it goes through (the invite only, he doesn't have to add you as a friend) you can join his session in progress which will put you on the other team. Then meet where ever is safe and start stabbing each other. My friend and I got it in like 10 minutes.

OldJadedGamer said:
It's easier than that. Create a private chat, start any match with a buddy, send a friend request to the top player on the other side. Once it goes through (the invite only, he doesn't have to add you as a friend) you can join his session in progress which will put you on the other team. Then meet where ever is safe and start stabbing each other. My friend and I got it in like 10 minutes.
it literally takes 5 minutes to do on this map/mode, the longest time killer is waiting to respawn.

it literally takes 5 minutes to do on this map/mode, the longest time killer is waiting to respawn.

Right but you said:

And that part can take longer than 5 minutes. With the method I mentioned it doesn't matter how many players are currently in the game.

i mean, i'm fairly offensive on the rare occasions that i play recon, but i still got plenty of marksman headshots in the single-double digit ranges. i know i'm always happy to have a recon just behind me throwing motion sensors ahead from the ammo box i dropped.

Sorry, still a little steamed at Spl1nter killing me a few times at CQB range with the GOL :lol

OldJadedGamer said:
Right but you said:

And that part can take longer than 5 minutes. With the method I mentioned it doesn't matter how many players are currently in the game.
squad rush... not exactly packed, especially if you join as a squad of 2.

and how can someone join a game or switch sides if the game is full?

of course it matters how many players are in the game.

Mr. Snrub said:
Sorry, still a little steamed at Spl1nter killing me a few times at CQB range with the GOL :lol
i'll never forget this one moment on attack on of the last section of Port Valdez. i was running with a squad of GAF peeps (Megatron and some others, i forgot who else) and we were right at the hillside of the B building and hop over to run into B. i throw a motion sensor and everyone else runs in first, then there's a ping coming from the outside, running around the corner so i turn and *blam* kill the dude and Megatron instantly responds "i bet that was no scope shot huh faceless" and all i could do was laugh because what more was there to say about that?

man, BC1 was hilarious because you could instant scope shot. having to rely on a roll of the dice in BC2 is a little scary sometimes.

todahawk

Najaf said:
So, has anyone earned the demolition trophy using onslaught mode? Do the kills against the bots count?

Not likely... go back a page and find my post and link to an interview with the DICE devs. DICE said "what happens in Onslaught, stays in Onslaught".

Onslaught is awesome! Better than I imagined it would be, a pity there is only 4 maps though. :(

Oh, and who would've thought Nelson Bay was a pretty awesome map during the day? They seriously need to do put this into the rotation.

Fun games today, except last round in a pub. Attackers didn't arm a single MCOM...just blew them all up. And we were holding them off well in most instances.

But I cannot STAND pub servers, especially with idiot team mates. Steal the attackers T90 and completely seal off the road route? Well, guess our team better let them pour in the other way.

I quit after I sat in the Apache, waited for someone to get in as my gunner, started to get shot at so I took off, successfully strafed a few times, taking out two tanks and the transport vehicle, and no one in my fucking squad spawned on me as a gunner. It's amazing how oblivious some teams are...christ!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mr. Snrub said:
Fun games today, except last round in a pub. Attackers didn't arm a single MCOM...just blew them all up. And we were holding them off well in most instances.

But I cannot STAND pub servers, especially with idiot team mates. Steal the attackers T90 and completely seal off the road route? Well, guess our team better let them pour in the other way.

I quit after I sat in the Apache, waited for someone to get in as my gunner, started to get shot at so I took off, successfully strafed a few times, taking out two tanks and the transport vehicle, and no one in my fucking squad spawned on me as a gunner. It's amazing how oblivious some teams are...christ!
I would have spawned on you but I was the only other player on our team alive. :D

Mr. Snrub said:

damn, people passed up free points!?!?!

Ramirez

OldJadedGamer said:

It's such a stupid achievement though, the only way to get it is too cheese it, which makes no sense for an "achievement". Blah.

UFRA

Well, I got all of the trophies for the Onslaught pack.

It was pretty fun I must say, but it's not quite as satisfying as playing against other humans. The AI, even on hardcore, can only have so much intelligence - and they still get stupid and just stand there in a group doing nothing sometimes.

For those of you on my friends list who have it, I'd be glad to play again to help you get the trophies, or just to play some good ol' co-op.

njean777

if anybody plays on the us servers on the 360 an easy way to fix the lag is to switch to the UK servers.

Just go to your profile on Ea;s profile website and change you location to UK and bam lag gone. It seems its a problem with the server farms they are using in the U.S.

So does anyone have any idea what the fuck is going on with the lag? Bazajaytee specifically mentioned Asian and Australian players as being connected to US servers automatically and then creating lag there... but my Aussie friends report that if they set their region to UK (on their EA account) they can play on European servers without any lag, and the UK is further from us than the US so that explanation is bullshit.

Having said that the changes they made recently did solve the lag problem for Aussies (I'm assuming we're not being connected to the eastern US fucked up servers anymore). So the issue seems to just be the eastern US servers (and anyone who gets connected to them)

Is the issue that one of their server providers (in the eastern US) is fucking them over in terms of not allocating the resources they're supposed to? Or are all players being routed to the same set of servers in the eastern US because those servers report the best ping worldwide, creating an overload on certain data centres? Or has DICE simply not allocated enough servers for the North American market?

Surely DICE must know the answers to these questions by now? They have access to all of the data from clients and servers, so why can't they at least tell us what the problem is (even if they can't fix it yet)?

Mr. Snrub said:

Other then the lag this is what I hate the most. It's also the reason why I haven't played in 2 days.

Yeah and landmines as well. I'll probably take a week break from BFBC2. I'll play next week.
It'll be funny if I get nightmares of a whole team crate bashing while I'm defending, that's how I feel about that state that Rush is in now.

Ramirez said:
It's such a stupid achievement though, the only way to get it is too cheese it, which makes no sense for an "achievement". Blah.
i got it legit on PS3 back during the launch month. so many GAF players were on then, it was easy to get thrown on the other side... 360 GAF never rolled that deep so i cheesed it there.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
JoeGrant said:
Over the next 2-3 days we will adjust the balance further on the North American based servers to further alleviate LAG issues. PS3 work is underway with Xbox work scheduled to start later on today.

Please continue to feedback on improvements.

Nice!

todahawk

Fersis said:
Sweet, thanks for the info.

Played a private Onslaught match just to try it out last night and like the night time Valparsio. Jumped into a Rush match after that and didn't have much rubberbanding. Just one match but I'm keeping my fingers crossed about this rebalance.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
JoeGrant said:
Originally Posted by JoeGrant:
Over the next 2-3 days we will adjust the balance further on the North American based servers to further alleviate LAG issues. PS3 work is underway with Xbox work scheduled to start later on today.

Please continue to feedback on improvements.

I was just gonna say i tried numerous times last night to play with my country set to Canada(eastern) and still the rubber banding and lag was very bad.Its been bad since the weapon balance patch went in.

This morning I tried UK servers and it was significantly better.

So I hope they can lock down the east coast server issue. I presume its not really latency but more packet loss then anything. That would explain the constant rubber banding and healthpacks/rockets/ammo ect, starting to deploy then basically disappearing till you click it again.

UK servers seem to have higher latency(as expected) but no packet loss which is easier to play with at this point you just have to lead abit more.

todahawk

bloodydrake said:
I was just gonna say i tried numerous times last night to play with my country set to Canada(eastern) and still the rubber banding and lag was very bad.Its been bad since the weapon balance patch went in.

This morning I tried UK servers and it was significantly better.

So I hope they can lock down the east coast server issue. I presume its not really latency but more packet loss then anything. That would explain the constant rubber banding and healthpacks/rockets/ammo ect, starting to deploy then basically disappearing till you click it again.

UK servers seem to have higher latency(as expected) but no packet loss which is easier to play with at this point you just have to lead abit more.

Yeah, I shared this with some guys on reddit and they were saying the same thing. <fingers till crossed>

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah and landmines as well. I'll probably take a week break from BFBC2. I'll play next week.
It'll be funny if I get nightmares of a whole team crate bashing while I'm defending, that's how I feel about that state that Rush is in now.

Yeah, I pretty much stopped playing rush because of this. It mostly is a race to crate bash, to the point of a a couple dudes on VP parachuting out of the chopper, throwing C4 and detonating it as soon as they can. It really is no fun to play in a rush match with that. Thankfully with the new ticket bleed Conquest is brilliant.

Klocker

Pandoracell said:
Is the new 360 update just onslaught mode?

probably but on the BF forums people who have updated are saying they can no longer find games...(excpet Onslaught) Also a Dev there today said that the PS3 servers were changed/changing and 360 LAG servers also are in process of change would be changed out by Saturday completely.

Sanic

Klocker said:
probably but on the BF forums people who have updated are saying they can no longer find games...(excpet Onslaught) Also a Dev there today said that the PS3 servers were changed/changing and 360 LAG servers also are in process of change would be changed out by Saturday completely.

Well I was playing and was disconnected from the game I was in, and after that the game was unable to find any matches. A minute or two later, I was prompted to update. So, maybe I lose either way? :lol i'm updating now, i'll report back how I fare.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OfficialBFBC2 said:
The USA Xbox 360 and PS3 servers are going to go through a reset shortly to free system resources. If you get disconnected please reconnect.

Bazajaytee said:
The USA Xbox 360 and PS3 servers are going to go through a reset shortly to free system resources. If you get disconnected please reconnect.

The console server reset will happen within about 1 hour from now. This is (hopefully) the final step in clearing the USA server lag.

There you have it.

olimpia84

The only mode I've been having issues with lag is Rush. Conquest and Onslaught are working fine, there's minor lag here and there but nothing too bad.
Here's hoping everything is sorted out after they reset the servers today.

todahawk

olimpia84 said:
The only mode I've been having issues with lag is Rush. Conquest and Onslaught are working fine, there's minor lag here and there but nothing too bad.
Here's hoping everything is sorted out after they reset the servers today.

<fingers still crossed>
If Conquest and Onslaught are solid, I can put up with Rush lagging a bit. With the way everyone's smashing crates I've been having more fun with Conquest and the ticket bleed anyhow...

Sanic

greenjerk said:
<fingers still crossed>
If Conquest and Onslaught are solid, I can put up with Rush lagging a bit. With the way everyone's smashing crates I've been having more fun with Conquest and the ticket bleed anyhow...

I keep seeing this brought up, but I have yet to see it myself, and my playtime is probably 70/30 in favor of rush. Do the crates...have health?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Pandoracell said:
I keep seeing this brought up, but I have yet to see it myself, and my playtime is probably 70/30 in favor of rush. Do the crates...have health?
I didn't know this at first either, and wondered how the hell some of the objectives were seemingly armed and destroyed without me knowing about it. Run over to any crate and you will see that it has a bar above it. This is the health meter, if it gets to a completely empty bar then the crate blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom