• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marchiott

It's great we know approximately when the game will be unlocked but does anybody have any idea when the preload will happen?

Steam servers are going to be hit hard if its not soon...

bardia

Are there any huge differences between the final versions of the games? I was going to get the PS3 version due to controller preference, but I want to make sure I'm not getting a really gimp version.

Marchiott said:
It's great we know approximately when the game will be unlocked but does anybody have any idea when the preload will happen?

Steam servers are going to be hit hard if its not soon...

We don't know. DICE had to delay the Steam preload yesterday because of the fact the game was not installing right through Steam.

So I hope this game is really good because I just impulse purchased it on Amazon because of the $20 deal. I think it looks good, but I was going to rent it first. Thing is, it costs nearly $10 to rent a game from the only place in my town where you can rent games and everytime I do that I can't help but think damn, I may as well have just bought it.

God damn I am gullible :lol

cresto

GraveRobberX said:
No Killcam
No HP regeneration
Limited HUD
Bullets Damage Increase
etc. (i'm forgetting other stuff, someone should help me out)

Almost like MW2 Hardcore but better, but no rooms =/, oh wells, hopefully more people join, it started out 3 vs 2, but the room quickly filled to 18
So i really am not sure but does regular MP matches have regen? I mean if so whats the point of the health packs? Or is it extremely slow? I wondered all throughout the demo.

Eric WK

ergo said:
So i really am not sure but does regular MP matches have regen? I mean if so whats the point of the health packs? Or is it extremely slow? I wondered all throughout the demo.

Yeah, there's normal health regen but it's very slow. The health packs increase it significantly.

cameltoe

ergo said:

I wondered the same thing...health does regen so why the packs? Im assuming faster recovery?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
cameltoe said:
I wondered the same thing...health does regen so why the packs? Im assuming faster recovery?
Faster regen.

One thing I'm wondering is, do I have to pick up the med kits or do I only need to stand on them?

Lunchbox

Banned
can you call gamestop and change what system your preorder is on?

or do you have to cancel it and order it again on a different system? Probably wont get the limited edition if thats the case. need to find a 360 LE now, since psn is borked

Kibbles

Apparently YouTube users don't know there is a multiplayer mode to the game. The only place I've seen MP footage is Justin.TV Streams. =\

Az

brandonh83 said:
So I hope this game is really good because I just impulse purchased it on Amazon because of the $20 deal. I think it looks good, but I was going to rent it first. Thing is, it costs nearly $10 to rent a game from the only place in my town where you can rent games and everytime I do that I can't help but think damn, I may as well have just bought it.

God damn I am gullible :lol

Good job. It's accepted to be gullible for BC2. =D

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lunchbox said:

or do you have to cancel it and order it again on a different system? Probably wont get the limited edition if thats the case. need to find a 360 LE now, since psn is borked
PS3's should be fixed in a couple of hours.

t1267487940z0.png

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lunchbox said:

You probably can call and change it now. This is a EA release so I doubt they have limited copies. Though if the PS3 thing lasts another day, I imagine many people will be switching.

Mindlog

PITA.

I just let my Gold account lapse too. Just placed my AmPrime pre-order. Will be here tomorrow.

Amazon is so awesome

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
mbmonk said:
Do you have a buddy that is buying the game and that he would let you use his game/account to test your performance

NOTE: I am not that buddy :lol

be that buddy dammit :lol

fucking shit now I have to wait on my decision to get it lol, need to make sure this shit runs at the least fine on my PC :( GOD DAMN YOU EA release a demo for PC or open the god damn beta :lol

Lunchbox

Banned
Killthee said:
PS3's should be fixed in a couple of hours.

been hearing that since last night :'( wanted to finish gow2 before this came out.....

not taking a chance with badcompany2. been waiting too long

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Kibbles said:
Apparently YouTube users don't know there is a multiplayer mode to the game. The only place I've seen MP footage is Justin.TV Streams. =\

Well, there seems to be a big following of people posting SP walkthroughs which I really, really appreciate when I get stuck in a game.

mr_nothin

Banned
ergo said:
It does it much less on the PC when compared to the console. It doesnt go all the way back to full on the PC.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Eric WK said:
Yeah, there's normal health regen but it's very slow. The health packs increase it significantly.

They should do it KZ2 style. Regen only gets you some 75% back, then med packs take you to 100%.

I thought it was a great way to balance regen and need for medics.

mr_nothin

Banned
AndyD said:
They should do it KZ2 style. Regen only gets you some 75% back, then med packs take you to 100%.

I thought it was a great way to balance regen and need for medics.
Thats how it is on the PC I believe. I'm not sure about the exact percentages though.

Klocker

spats said:
There were stories of demo stats carrying over to the retail release. Any truth to this?

I have heard that not only are demo stats not being carried over but stats acquired in retail, PRE-release day are being wiped out as well

Wthermans

Banned
mr_nothin said:
It does it much less on the PC when compared to the console. It doesnt go all the way back to full on the PC.
Just curious as to how you tested that regen does not take health back to full.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wthermans said:
Just curious as to how you tested that regen does not take health back to full.
I ran around forever killing people without getting shot and without going by any health paks and the edges of my screen were opaque and had those blood stains on them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One more thing, as a medic, if you throw a med kit on floor do you get regen for yourself too?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll be doing my preorder tonight, can't wait bitches.
If I have any credit left after the trade ins I might buy BC1 again just for fun, it's super cheap these days.

I axed this a few pages back but no one answered, but anyone know the install size for the 360 version?

Wthermans

Banned
mr_nothin said:
I ran around forever killing people without getting shot and without going by any health paks and the edges of my screen were opaque and had those blood stains on them.
Weird. I've sat behind cover after taking a ton of damage only to have my screen completely clear after ~45 seconds.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Slayer-33 said:
Are most of you guys buying off Amazon or going digital DL?

I don't even see it on steam :lol weird.

I went with Amazon. 6 dollar difference and release day shipping sealed the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom