• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Yay my Amazon copy shipped.

When should I be getting the giftcard? First time preordering a game with an offer like that.

Fyrus said:

When should I be getting the giftcard? First time preordering a game with an offer like that.

I ordered on Amazon too, and I'm under the impression that it will automatically show up on your Amazon account.

Archurro

Fyrus said:

It's credited to your account. On your next game purchase, you should have the option to take $20 off as if it were a coupon.

goMaki

I caved and bought a second copy so my BF and I can do MP together. Amazon still said I get free Release-Date delivery so woo~!

Wthermans

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Someone threw a healthpak right behind you. :lol
I doubt it since I've had this happen multiple times. The scenario that really sticks in my mind was when I was playing solo as Assault on Port Valdez. We were attackers and were pushing into the Harbor. I had infiltrated the back 3 story tower (where Snipers usually hang out), but had taken a ton of damage as the Bradley had seen me during the crossing. I hung out on the third floor of the building and started launching grenades as my ammo pack would refill them. After a while of doing this, my screen was no longer red so I ran across to the B MCom Station and got killed while planting. I wasn't in a squad at the time (I was playing solo and squad hopping as needed) so noone could have spawned behind me.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wthermans said:
It's not short by any means, but it does show that given enough time, the regen will take you to 100% health.
There were times where it was almost 100%. The edges were just a little black/darkened w/o the bloodstains.

030120101610.jpg

Couldn't resist, I told myself to wait. But i just couldn't, online is a blast to play just like the first game. Although i kinda wish they added new weapons. anyway the game rocks. :D

If anyone has the Ps3 version hit me up PSN: fireflys545

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
In multiplayer, you never regen health. Your screen stops "bleeding" but your health number will remain at whatever it was when you took the hits. You only heal via medics and their packs.

In single player, there is no health meter and you recover health a la COD.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Hey, to those who asked questions during last Friday's conference call I had with DICE, here are some of your answers"

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – “We take our PC Games Seriously”

Discussing Private Matches:

For all the clans out in, here is the positive news you have been looking for.

“You can create a private session and invite up to 24 players on the console, up to 32 on the PC. So there’s definitely room to build your own play sessions. The ability to create private matches is a way to everyone to build something of their own and have play sessions that are more personal.”

Peripheral support for the consoles:

While PCs and consoles have always been magnetically different, Bach has thoughts on why peripheral support for the consoles hasn’t been a feature regularly explored.

“I don’t think that we have any special connections to peripherals to the consoles … The biggest problem with peripherals for consoles is that the console itself is a level playground. It’s even and you know the consumer has the same technology and have the same peripherals and same controls – which makes it easier for us to create a game that feels fair. By catering to a mouse and keyboard for the consoles, it would maybe skew the even playground.”

Separate controls for the infantry, vehicles and aircraft and mouse sensitivity:

Hearing feedback from players who have actually played through title on the controls of Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Bach decided it was a good time to discuss the controls and their reasoning behind having vehicles control different.

“There is, of course, sensitivity settings, but I don’t know if they are individual on specific vehicles … Looking at the UAV versus the helicopter controls, we tried to make a distinct difference between the two. Having the UAV be a more easy to maneuver and easy to control vehicle… It’s a more of a hovering entity. As opposed to the helicopter that you should not die when you fly the helicopter – that was a key thing… It needed to be more agile to do more spectacular moves and do things that helicopters can do. That was a call that we made quite early to make a distinct difference between the two.”

More can be found at the full article such as PSN vs. XBLA competitions, World War II map packs, coop DLC, and more.

mr_nothin

Banned
chespace said:
In multiplayer, you never regen health. Your screen stops "bleeding" but your health number will remain at whatever it was when you took the hits. You only heal via medics and their packs.

Thats what I kind of figured...BUT I've never had my screen go completely back to normal. There was always something in the corners.

chespace said:

How are you sure? Has this been tested? I could have sworn I've seen squad mate's health regenerating, without a health pack nearby. And they've also said there is no health regen in HC mode, as opposed to normal mode.

Mr. Snrub said:
How are you sure? Has this been tested? I could have sworn I've seen squad mate's health regenerating, without a health pack nearby. And they've also said there is no health regen in HC mode, as opposed to normal mode.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you regen health in multiplayer. I know i've taken hits, then hidden, then taken hits, then hidden, etc.

blanky

this debate again ¬¬

You do regenerate in the Multiplayer, it just takes a longer time, longer than you think. Unless they took it out in the retail copy.

dragonflys545 said:
030120101610.jpg

Couldn't resist, I told myself to wait. But i just couldn't, online is a blast to play just like the first game. Although i kinda wish they added new weapons. anyway the game rocks. :D

If anyone has the Ps3 version hit me up PSN: fireflys545

where'd u pick it up at? mom/pop or chain store?

mr_nothin

Banned
blanky said:
this debate again ¬¬

You do regenerate in the Multiplayer, it just takes a longer time, longer than you think. Unless they took it out in the retail copy.
But its faster on the console than it is on the PC.

Irish

Hm, I wonder who will end up in my first day squad.

Luckily, a bunch of people on my friend's list are getting it, so I'm not going to have a problem finding a squad.

Klocker

chespace said:

wait what?

was that true in the demo? (360) I was certain the health was regen in MP? also if so they really need to have a health indicator bar/number

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Photobucket :lol

Binabik15

No_Style said:
RTCW REPRESENT!

RtCW medic reporting!

Only game before BC2 I really played online. [bad German accent]But now I´mma n engineer[/bad German accent] Oh god, as a German those voice overs were killing me :lol

J_Fisherman

Neo Member
Hey guys how well can I run this game on the PC with these specs?

E4500 @ 2.75 GHz
2GB RAM
Winodws 7 Pro 64bit
9800gt

I'd be happy with medium settings as long as I get a stable fps in multilayer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom