• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binabik15

Flunkie said:
Already losing sleep because of this damn game. :lol

But shit, leveling up is so slow. Or maybe I just suck! ..And I feel really far behind everyone. I'm sitting with a Level 2 soldier and these 33s are shitting on me left and right with equipment that I've never even seen before. I know, I know.. the game's been out for awhile and it's my fault for starting into it so late.. but can ya give a guy a break?

Funny enough, I´m lvl 35, but yesterday I started the game with the wrong account logged in. I played a bit on Arica Harbour, got 16/11 using the engi´s standard weapon and rpg7 (two tanks, fuck yeah :D ), 1630 combat score, 2230 overall score, gold squad.

Besides assault all classes have decent weapons from the beginning, IMO, but locking away the ammo kit, med kit etc is plain retarded. I still think that it´s not that much of a problem to get into the game at low levels, a burst of bullets into the head kills you dead even without magnum ammo. Just adapt to the flow of the game, change kits depending on your team, fullfill the objectives. And pick up kits if everything else fails.

@Jtrizzy: standard Euro time (Germany, to be excact), I played between noon to early evening yesterday.

@destruction 2.0: problem is, who is still stupid enough to hang around while the building crumbles on top of them? Well, one guy on my squad yesterday (fuck you, now I have 6 tks), but rarely anybody else. Especially with the obvious stuff, like m-com stations. And IF I manage to get people inside a building and I c4 it and it goes BOOOM, they die from the blast :/ Anyway, 16/20, only four to go!

PS: Got a couple of gold stars upcoming, so getting the 40k points for lvl 36 should be doable this week. Especially with the obscene amount of points you get for c4´ing m-coms.

ps3_heli-is-great.png

Stat pimping because it´s funny that the engi k/d is excactly 1.0. One kill more and every class will have a positive k/d! Then I´m starting prestige mode!

And I got like 9 MVP things now that the lag is finally gone. Yay. Combat recon ftw!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Epic match last night with : MidnightRider,Cuba,8bitgeorge and Dizzy-4U.

Erasus

Flunkie said:

But shit, leveling up is so slow. Or maybe I just suck! ..And I feel really far behind everyone. I'm sitting with a Level 2 soldier and these 33s are shitting on me left and right with equipment that I've never even seen before. I know, I know.. the game's been out for awhile and it's my fault for starting into it so late.. but can ya give a guy a break?

You can still beat any higher lvl, you just need some time to learn the maps and objectives. Everyone goes through that.

Binabik15 said:
Destruction 2.0 kills when not trying to get them: 15

Destruction 2.0 when really, really trying to get them: 0

Sigh.

At least I got boatloads of points over the weekend for arming and then c4´ing crates. Feels cheap, but hey, ace pins are sexy.
yes they are.

One question to the gandmasters of destruction: the AT on top of the building/container on Valparaiso simply wasn´t there during a game yesterday, why? Any other cheap way to hit the crates on top of the meatgrinder hill w/o the UAV? I Bradley´d one crate during this game, but another round was a brutal slaughter in the defender´s favour.

I´ve never lost as many games as an attacker as at this hill. Well, maybe the last set on Arica Harbour, but there you can at least snipe defenders for points :lol
someone destroyed it or it got blown up. when the defenders have that base, it respawns, when the attackers have that base, it doesn't respawn, and when the attackers move onto base #3 it will self destruct like an abandoned vehicle if nobody is within like 30ft of it.

and yep, that's probably the biggect choke point in the game.
Not a good excuse, soldier :p Some people rock the cal .50 plus red dot, if you´re a good shot you can one hit kill people, it´s like using a super deadly shotgun with slugs. It takes long to reload, though, too long for me :lol

PS: Jtrizzy, I played a lot yesterday and you weren´t on. Nobody besides some random guy adding me on my friends list is playing anymore, I need a good squat buddy.
i don't get the appeal of using a sniper rifle with red dot or acog, i'd rather use a pump shotgun.

The Faceless Master said:
yes they are.

someone destroyed it or it got blown up. when the defenders have that base, it respawns, when the attackers have that base, it doesn't respawn, and when the attackers move onto base #3 it will self destruct like an abandoned vehicle if nobody is within like 30ft of it.

and yep, that's probably the biggect choke point in the game.

Another way is to C4/ tank mine it from the Blackhawk:D *

I do not condone these actions, when I am on the other team:lol :lol

Flunkie said:

the early stuff is fine honestly. the main thing that's missing early on is game knowledge... knowing the map and typical enemy and teammate behavior etc...

i played on the GAF BFBC2 tag a few times just for fun and did pretty well...
360_GAF%20BFBC2.png

olimpia84

Eternal Sleeper said:
An easier way to do that is to just take the VSS, attach 4x scope, magnum and use it as an assault rifle for non-vehicle maps (nelson bay rush, arica conquest.)

I'm 4/5 way done with the 500 sniper kills thing, despite of only starting to use the VSS like a week ago. And let tell you - I can't snipe at all >.>.

(Hence I'll never get the 100 marksman headshot insignia.)

That's one of the reasons I was using the M95 SPECACT with 12x scope last night. All the kills were counting towards the 500 sniper rifle kills pin, the 100 kills with the M95 SPECACT pin, and as a bonus I got a few marksman headshots for that damn pin as well.
I think I'm sitting at 205/500, 47/100 and 26/100, respectively .

i don't get the appeal of using a sniper rifle with red dot or acog, i'd rather use a pump shotgun.

Some of us prefer our nice mid-long range assault rifle setups. It's no different than a recon using the G3 or M14.

todahawk

Pandoracell said:
I return from my break to find the US servers lag free. Nice! :D

Yeah, Jtrizzy, Dream & Olimpia were playing last night and we're talking about the same thing. Can't believe how smooth the gameplay is right now, no lag, no rubberbanding (knock on wood, don't want to jinx our good fortune!)

Had some great fun and epic defensive stands with GAF squad last night....

<STORY TIME>
It started when I joined on defense on Port Valdez. We were holding them tight on the first set of m-coms when A finally went from the collapsed house. We buckled down and where keeping them off B with little trouble when the other team swarmed and over-ran us somehow. Then we start getting rolled a bit, pushed and pushed back until final stand. B went quick and A was armed shortly after. We managed a disarm but there team was everywhere. They were extremely disciplined about having one guy from a squad hide until the others could spawn and then it seemed they hit from multiple directions.

I hid between the two piles of wood right next to the blackhawk helipad and got 3 or 4 guys going to arm the m-com. the other gaffers were flying around, hitting the enemy tanks and trying to stop groups before they got too close. A random team-mate managed to snag the AA BMD, parked it by A and jumped out. Not wanting to leave it getting snagged by an enemy i hopped in and immediately started lighting up guys coming to arm.

It was chaotic as we whittled their tickets down and endured a few more frantic last ditch pushes. You could hear everyone exhale when the victory screen finally came up. Awesome team work and classic example of the ebb and flow of momentum.

Jtrizzy and I just about died laughing on Arica Harbor on defense... we hadn't lost yet and had the other team pretty well locked down so I switched to assault|ns2000|c4. Trizzy is an engy and he's holed up in one of the gated cement guard booths waiting for more tanks when i duck inside with him to get away from some tank fire. I give him some ammo and turn around to see an enemy recon on a quad coming right for me! I fire a slug and connect but don't kill him and prepare to get road killed.... but I'm far enough back that the quad runner hits the cement and kinda bounces. Rockets are flying and finally reload and I think Trizzy takes the dude out. Either way the recon goes down after a roadkill fail. :lol

I ended up switching to lightweight and just ran around c4'ing tanks the rest of the match. I'd hide behind a rock and just start hoofing it. Got the main cannon in the face a few times but got more than I gave. Must've got around 20 c4 kills last night... including a quad kill when a mass of defenders ran in to to defuse all at the same time on Valparisio (650 points for the multikill, damage to obj., etc.)

Can vehicle spec kits be combined? For example if I have the v elect kit and I'm the gunner in a tank and can see the effect on my mini map, is the driver seeing the same thing?

scoobs

Spl1nter said:
Never gotten bitched at in chat? Just start using the gustav more.
Or go 50-15 when the rest of the players are 15-10ish... ya then you'll get some death threats lol! On the PC if you or anyone else on your team is having one of those games where you're just completely on fire... ya, you'll get accused of hacking. Feels like Counter-strike :)

Binabik15 said:
Destruction 2.0 kills when not trying to get them: 15

Destruction 2.0 when really, really trying to get them: 0
Exactly. It's easier when you don't try to kill enemies. Yesterday I threw a grenade into the building with an mcom to kill any defusers. Instead the lone grenade brought down the whole building killing a guy. The mcom before that I lined the building with C4 while the charge was set hoping to get some kills and I didn't (got c4 kills but the building did crash). The mcom should be priority #1 and any bitches inside are frosting on the cake. :D

bean breath said:
Can vehicle spec kits be combined? For example if I have the v elect kit and I'm the gunner in a tank and can see the effect on my mini map, is the driver seeing the same thing?
I think only v-elect and armor are the only ones that do stack. I could be wrong though.

Spl1nter

scoobs said:
Or go 50-15 when the rest of the players are 15-10ish... ya then you'll get some death threats lol! On the PC if you or anyone else on your team is having one of those games where you're just completely on fire... ya, you'll get accused of hacking. Feels like Counter-strike :)

I find that the few times I have been called a hacker it is totally random. The times where I do my best no one notices. Its when you keep killing the same person that you get called a hacker.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
No one on the BC2 GT is playing :(.

Anyone up for a couple games on the 360?

dralla

is there a reason arica is 400 tickets for conquest? i really like the map but it's ridiculous how long it takes for the games to end. i just quit now whenever that map comes up.

1stStrike

Banned
I tried playing isla innocentes in onslaught on hardcore mode today with randoms.

Yea, it took us 6 games just to get past the damn helicopter. Then, we died on the second part anyway. The AI is fucking aim botting on hardcore :(

PC dudes: You'll be glad to know that in a few weeks I'll be ordering all of the parts I need to assemble a brand new desktop (complete with dual 23" screens). $2,000 well spent.

1stStrike said:
I tried playing isla innocentes in onslaught on hardcore mode today with randoms.

Yea, it took us 6 games just to get past the damn helicopter. Then, we died on the second part anyway. The AI is fucking aim botting on hardcore :(

PC dudes: You'll be glad to know that in a few weeks I'll be ordering all of the parts I need to assemble a brand new desktop (complete with dual 23" screens). $2,000 well spent.
Nice so you're getting BC2? Too bad you missed the $33 steam sale. :(

I've finally given conquest another shot today. The addiction has taken over again. This game is so much more enjoyable in hardcore mode. I actually stopped playing shortly after release because of the spotting feature, but I have since stumbled upon hardcore and can say with complete confidence that this game is fucking god damn fucking awesome, god damn it.

Conquest + Hardcore mode = YES, PLEASE!

goldsoundz said:
I've finally given conquest another shot today. The addiction has taken over again. This game is so much more enjoyable in hardcore mode. I actually stopped playing shortly after release because of the spotting feature, but I have since stumbled upon hardcore and can say with complete confidence that this game is fucking god damn fucking awesome, god damn it.
Conquest + Hardcore mode = YES, PLEASE!

Really?! I hate hardcore mode because of that. Spotting is such a great gameplay design I'm surprised more haven't done it.

Mr Sandman said:
Yessir
My mic doesn't work in game lately, but I'll just stick close to the squad.

Ah, didn't see you playing tonight! It was just me and two non-GAF buddies. I did play with Spl1nter earlier today though.

Most frustrating day of BC2 I've ever had. Choppers tagged but no one takes it down, Bradley tearing us up and no one tags/takes it out. On Isla Inocentes, my squad and I parachuted behind the defender lines on the second series of MCOM's. We stayed alive back there for 5-10 minutes, reviving and spawning on each other...Literally, we were keeping their hands full. At LEAST eight defenders eventually came up to quell our turmoil. And I check the minimap...

Our team hasn't even gotten past the docks. We four are occupying almost HALF of the defenders, and the twelve others in our team can't even move up?! Dear God, there is nothing more frustrating than that. Granted, the other team WAS good, but god damn.

1stStrike said:

Awesome! Glad to have you! I played the 360 version for the first time this weekend (Onslaught) and goddamn. I don't know how anyone can managed the game with controllers. So unintuitive!

Mush said:
Oh, no cause for concern then?
well, i can't recall any other game (even BC1 or 1943) booting me to the dashboard, so it's a pretty shitty bug to have (WTF DICE?) but yeah, it's no cause for concern about the health of your console.

Nabs

Mr. Snrub said:
Awesome! Glad to have you! I played the 360 version for the first time this weekend (Onslaught) and goddamn. I don't know how anyone can managed the game with controllers. So unintuitive!

I ran into the same problem when I played the PS3 version. I couldn't believe how different the game felt because of the controller.

Mr. Snrub said:
Ah, didn't see you playing tonight! It was just me and two non-GAF buddies. I did play with Spl1nter earlier today though.
I was on the other team. It was constantly full so I was unable to switch. Fun games though.

1stStrike

Banned
Well, I'm building this PC for work, but I've taken to single player gaming on the PC over the years. I'm dying for The Witcher 2. Though, I may try out BC2.

Mr Sandman said:
I was on the other team. It was constantly full so I was unable to switch. Fun games though.

Oh wait, I DID see you (I think). Didn't you bitch out your team once?

Jesus, I think we were BOTH on horrid teams.

cjdunn

Man, I'm this close to wrapping up about a half dozen insignias.

Plus 3 more for Demolition Man, something I'd never thought I'd get. I think was playing with Jtrizzy and renderman a few nights back where we concluded once you stop trying to get them, you get them.

Yet, still not 1 friend knifed. :/

Az

I haven't been playing a lot with you guys lately. Noticed everyone playing Conquest so I gave my cousin my PS3 for a couple of days. Got it back now.

For me the temperature is too hot to be playing my PS3. My PS3 will last longer if I didn't play when it's a hot day.

So I'm playing my PSP.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
it randomly happens, has probably happened to me a dozen times
Yeah, WTF. I finally got to play some this weekend and it happened to me as well. I do like the stability improvements though, but this CTD needs to get addressed.

1stStrike said:
Well, I'm building this PC for work, but I've taken to single player gaming on the PC over the years. I'm dying for The Witcher 2. Though, I may try out BC2.

The visual upgrade on the PC alone is quite impressive. Play hardcore matches on PC and see how crazy fast the game can be.

Pete Rock

Onslaught has been worth it alone for chopper practice, picked up the Apache on Valdez with a random gunner and I went 5K+ & 22-0 with Rockets + Reload spec and only had to repair at the hill once. He must have had such a good time gunning he sent me an fr and a voice message congratulating me on the job well done!

I'd really like to see the next BF game be a more open ended sandbox type drop in experience for coop exploitation, implementing more of the vehicles and opportunities to learn about their correct usage. Give me the skeleton of Onslaught, three mooks from the campaign and the ability for my friends to join in and take their places. String together a half dozen levels the size of those in the BC2 campaign and allow us to work through them using all the tools we'd use online.

Don't put me on a carrot and a stick M-com chase through the fucking desert which leads me to three consecutive chopper encounters where I am guaranteed to find a conveniently placed anti air explosive nearby. Relative to everything that is so great about BF multiplayer, a campaign structured around set pieces of that nature is so painfully contrived. "TAKE THE SHOT" :lol

Loving it now that the servers are fixed, been working on getting all my Bronze stars. Ignore my M60 whoring ways of the past when it was broken and complete catass BS, I've moved on to broken C4 and T-90 spam. Managed to run Optics on Arica with a defenders T-90 stolen from the first set, shelled the fuck out of every crate they had all the way to the last stand. If you pull up to the north side of town you can nail the train car + demolished bus M-coms no problem, and after that I drove down to the train tracks and absolutely wrecked every defender in the three story construction site. I really, really wish you got marskman bonus for tank rounds at that distance, it would be amazing. Even with the Optical zoom I was ranged between 7-8 on the hash marks, and between 9-10 when shelling the roof and interior of the last stand. It's not even fair how much more advanced the optics are on that tank, the Abrams is garbage in comparison.

360_Cheerful%20Dub.png

olimpia84

Since I already completed Onslaught in Hardcore difficulty I might as well use it to practice flying with the helicopter. I'm probably the worst pilot out there so I really need to practice hard.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Any word on Onslaught for PC? I have yet to buy it for my X360 version and currently don't have a regular crew to team up with to play it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DenogginizerOS said:
Any word on Onslaught for PC? I have yet to buy it for my X360 version and currently don't have a regular crew to team up with to play it.
I want it too :(

Hasn't Dice ever heard of local host on PC? I mean you would only be hosting 3 other people and then you wouldn't be "stealing" one of their 32 person servers. Also, the server thing is totally a bullshit excuse. They don't want to charge for something on PC because they know there is a bad stigma around that so they are just not releasing it to avoid the issue all together.

iam220

Wow, I forgot how fucking EPIC this game is. Especially with the longer conquest rounds. After topping the scoreboard for a couple of matches, I felt exhausted and had to take a break. This game takes more concentration and awareness than most others.

Stallion Free said:
I want it too :(

Hasn't Dice ever heard of local host on PC? I mean you would only be hosting 3 other people and then you wouldn't be "stealing" one of their 32 person servers. Also, the server thing is totally a bullshit excuse. They don't want to charge for something on PC because they know there is a bad stigma around that so they are just not releasing it to avoid the issue all together.

I have a hunch that they will release it for free onces the console sales start to slow down.

I'm in love with the XM8C and MG3, because both seem to get me "surprise" kills in close quarters situations. Golded them both a few times the past couple days.

Also, there's nothing worse than being out of ammo with your primary, getting the drop on some baddies, switching to your secondary only to hear the THWP of the tracer dart you just fired into their chest. If PC ever gets the DLC, I'm going to have one of the setups be my tank/vehicle buster, and the other be my anti-building/infantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom