• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Psykotik said:
lots of new toys to play with on the atacama rush map
Please post all the changes!
I just got into the office so i have to suffer through another 9 hours!

Psykotik

actually wait, they might just be stuff that's already usable in the conquest version of the map. i rarely play conquest so the stuff that's on atacama seems like it's all new to me :lol

is the cobra 4WD new? the hind? the anti air guns? the mounted machine guns on the towers? probably all old..!

Psykotik said:
actually wait, they might just be stuff that's already usable in the conquest version of the map. i rarely play conquest so the stuff that's on atacama seems like it's all new to me :lol

is the cobra 4WD new? the hind? the anti air guns? the mounted machine guns on the towers? probably all old..!
Yeah the Cobra was in the Conquest version, the Hind can be found in the last base on Isla Innocentes as well as tower mgs (?), the crazy AA miniguns are new.

Binabik15

New Rush maps? Yes!!! Rush mode is best mode :D

There goes my afternoon. I´m making pizza dough right now (pizza+Germany kicking Spain out of the WC, hehe), after that I´ll waste precious hours of my life on BC2 again.

Atacama rush seems vehicle based from that vid, time to get my engi kit out again. Mmmh, mines and rockets, tasty.

I don´t really enjoy Conquest games, but I love Port Valdez and maybe it´ll be a good way to get 4 destruction 2.0 kills, I´ll give it a shot.

TheSeks said:
OMG HAX @ Splinter and Snub.

What the hell @ the DICE upgrade. Explosive Shotgun shells. :lol

Actually it's a legit ranked server. It was found the other day and has all the PC SPECACT weapons, optics on G3 and M14, and the explosive shells.

TheSeks said:
That may be true for PC, on PS3 it seems like the RPG-7 takes a lot more work in taking down tanks than the AT4 or Carl.

While the Carl may suck against tanks, it's two shots with explosive +. Fire and forget as it's a straight line.

AT4 is one-two shots in the ass (one if not armored) with explosive +.

RPG-7 seems to take three shots to the ass even with explosive +. It's so damn annoying.

However, the RPG-7 is equal to the carl (with less crazy splash damage) with explosive + on infantry. Only issue is the bullet/rocket drop. Carl is pretty much a straight line. RPG-7 starts to drop at mid-range. Annoying. :(

Wow, this is completely different from PC. In fact, the AT4 was covertly nerfed with the last update--it does as much damage to vehicles as the RPG-7, so unless you like the manual control of the AT4, there's really no reason to use it over the RPG-7.

New maps look badass--attack chopper battles on Port Valdez?!

dkeane

Are there any maps left they could reuse for alternate modes? It's time for new maps DICE!

Excited to play these tonight.

valdez conquest is great!
atacama rush is great too!

those new AA guns and grenade launchers are in the maps.

well, the grenade launchers are in Atacama, the AA in both...

CAV (jeep) in Port Valdez.

the final push on Atacama Rush is:
Attackers: 3 BIG TANKS!!!
DEFENDERS: 3 BIG TANKS!!!
TANK BATTLE IN THE US BASE BABY!!!

blahness said:
nice playin with ya faceless but for me that game was a lagfest. hopefully tonight isnt as bad.
i only stayed because it was a new map, left right after we won on defense. i'm guessing that was just bad luck, i played Port Valdez Conquest just before and it was smooth.

Psykotik

The Faceless Master said:

TANK BATTLE IN THE US BASE BABY!!!

yup! so maybe they're not all new toys, but there's definitely LOTS of them to play with on the atacama map!

dkeane said:
Are there any maps left they could reuse for alternate modes? It's time for new maps DICE!

Excited to play these tonight.
Yes we've already seen pictures of White Pass Rush and Nelson Bay CQ as well as server files for Squad Rush/Squad DM maps. It will be at least 2 more map packs before we know if there's totally new maps or more retooled ones.

Mr. Snrub said:
Wow, this is completely different from PC. In fact, the AT4 was covertly nerfed with the last update--it does as much damage to vehicles as the RPG-7, so unless you like the manual control of the AT4, there's really no reason to use it over the RPG-7.
I think everything is the same as consoles now with the latest patch, except our tracer goes 100m/s slower. Still too fast. :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

TANK BATTLE IN THE US BASE BABY!!
!
YES !!! YES YES YES!!!!

Good news! I'll have to hop on later.

But yeah, game definitely needs some more maps. I wouldnt even care at this point if they just took the ones from BC1, left them exactly as is, and brought them over. Just to vary it up a bit.

so in Atacama Rush,they put stacks of those big cement block crates to cover up the final A and B, but there's a conveniently placed TOW launcher at the back of that base that you can use to hit 'em doggystyle.

<3 DICE

btw, only 2 of the 8 crates are in destructible buildings, 1 on the 1st set, 1 on the 3rd set.

Snowballo

I think I could play this game forever.

There is not a match similar to the other.

And when you're tired, just change the game mode. Different experience.
And if you are tired again, just switch to Hard Mode. Different experience again.
And if you are tired again, they give you a new mode on old map. Different experience once again.

The day they sell a real new map pack (like the MW2's), I would pay 20 bucks without saying a single word. Not a single word.

Flunkie

Banned
Hey Fersis, why haven't you been online in 4 months on PS3? Did you get a new name or something? And Faceless, you play on 360, right?

Fersis

Flunkie said:
Hey Fersis, why haven't you been online in 4 months on PS3? Did you get a new name or something? And Faceless, you play on 360, right?
The hell are you talking about ?!!! I play every night with PS3 GAF!!

so in Atacama Rush,they put stacks of those big cement block crates to cover up the final A and B, but there's a conveniently placed TOW launcher at the back of that base that you can use to hit 'em doggystyle.

<3 DICE

btw, only 2 of the 8 crates are in destructible buildings, 1 on the 1st set, 1 on the 3rd set.

Fuck yes. Nice work, DICE!

Snowballo said:
I think I could play this game forever.

There is not a match similar to the other.

And when you're tired, just change the game mode. Different experience.
And if you are tired again, just switch to Hard Mode. Different experience again.
And if you are tired again, they give you a new mode on old map. Different experience once again.

The day they sell a real new map pack (like the MW2's), I would pay 20 bucks without saying a single word. Not a single word.

Damn right, that's what the Vietnam pack is for! :D

PS3 Gaffers up for some Atacama Rush'n'Attack in a couple of hours?

Fersis

Wthermans

Banned
Honestly Alan doesn't know the specifics of the PC version of the game. He even claimed that Smoke Spec worked perfectly fine even when people showed him video proof that it wasn't. It was only after he spoke to Kalms that he retracted his previous stance.

DICE has a history of making stupid balance changes (look at the dumbfire missile nerf from BF2), so for them to nerf the AT4 doesn't surprise me. I'm not noticing an M95 nerf (in fact I love the max range dmg buff).

That said, I had an awesome match last night. We were playing Valparaiso Rush and were pushing on the third set of crates (the two by the water in the valley before the big uphill push). Our team was horrible but had managed to get the B crate down (the one in the water) and take the A crate to 90% damage. There were only 5 tickets left so I hopped on the UAV and took it up as high and far away as I could (with Optics of course). I fire off the Hellfire right as the ticket count switches to 1. I held it steady and BOOM down goes the UAV right as the ticket was changing to 0. The team goes wild, the other team doesn't know what happened and we get a new breath of life. It was just a shame that my team squandered the extension as we got thoroughly destroyed on the next set of crates and only came close to arming them once. :(

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Having someone balance the PC game based on how the console game plays? Douche.

But I want my SMG to have the range of an AR (9A-91/XM8C) and I want my AR to have the range of a sniper rifle (AN-94).

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Snowballo said:
I would pay 20 bucks without saying a single word. Not a single word.

Bolded for insanity.Seriously whats wrong with people that enjoy being bent over.

how bout 10bucks for a map pack that has different maps..that would be nice

And no way is the tracer to fast its still ridiculously hard to hit those good pilots that can spin around in circles like they're tethered to a cable.

Infact they need to reduce the effectiveness of the rudder action on the Helios's by about 50percent would fix the absurd circle strafing at full speed shit.

olimpia84

I'll try the new maps tonight although the more I think about it the more I'll hate them I think. Lately I've been trying to avoid maps with helicopters because the whole game revolves around them, there's nothing worse like spawning in your own base and either see 4 or 5 people from your own team waiting for a chopper to appear or spawning and having the entire enemy team trying to steal one from your base.....

Wthermans

Banned
bloodydrake said:
Bolded for insanity.Seriously whats wrong with people that enjoy being bent over.

And no way is the tracer to fast its still ridiculously hard to hit those good pilots that can spin around in circles like they're tethered to a cable.

Infact they need to reduce the effectiveness of the rudder action on the Helios's by about 50percent would fix the absurd circle strafing at full speed shit.
Just wondering your poison of choice. Console or PC?

IMO the tracer and chopper speed is perfect on PC. Tracer can still tag most targets on demand, but you have to know how to lead your target properly. Plus the chopper has the maneuverability to allow a good pilot to avoid most fire, but still get taken down by someone that knows what they're doing or good team coordination.

olimpia84

poppabk said:
Can you really one-shot a tank with the AT4 or stationary? I've obviously been doing it wrong.

I know you can do it with the stationary but with the AT4 you need the explosive damage perk I think.

Wthermans

Banned
poppabk said:
Can you really one-shot a tank with the AT4 or stationary? I've obviously been doing it wrong.
I think if you hit directly under the target, it will OHK. If you have the AT-4 or TOW you can curve the missle under the vehicle then swing it into the underside of the armor. Most BF games have had a OHK on armor (you could OHK the tanks in BF2 by getting a shell/missile in the gap between the turret and body), it's just a PITA to consistently hit it.

No_Style

Nice. A bit more spice to the map rotation is always nice. I'm pleased to hear they've added different toys to the maps as well.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Wthermans said:
Just wondering your poison of choice. Console or PC?
360 atm. in the hands of a good pilot i can tag them but some of these guys are amazing and the absurd handling/circle strafing shows a serious problem.

guys that can circle while simultaneously increasing and decreasing elevation are almost impossible to tag..if two of them are base raping you you don't have alot of time to line up a lucky shot to hit them.

This problem would be 10X worse if everyone could actually practice with the helio's but the problem is there adding more slow clunky AA won't fix it..its the helio's themselves on Console at least that are the problem.I never noticed this kind of insane circle straffing back in BF2 on pc.

olimpia84

bloodydrake said:

I agree with this and it's why I don't think the new maps will be enjoyable (at least for me). Ace pilots are nearly impossible to hit. The other day I spend most of my time trying to trace two helicopters on Atacama Conquest but it was impossible. Both pilots and gunners were level 50 dudes that kept circling and destroying everything. I eventually gave up and just went for capping the flags using a lot of 'stealth' for them not to see me :lol
In the end we won by very little thanks to the flags we capped but it was frustrating as hell having those two choppers slaughter everything in their way.

Wthermans

Banned
bloodydrake said:
360 atm. in the hands of a good pilot i can tag them but some of these guys are amazing and the absurd handling/circle strafing shows a serious problem.

guys that can circle while simultaneously increasing and decreasing elevation are almost impossible to tag..if two of them are base raping you you don't have alot of time to line up a lucky shot to hit them.

This problem would be 10X worse if everyone could actually practice with the helio's but the problem is there adding more slow clunky AA won't fix it..its the helio's themselves on Console at least that are the problem.I never noticed this kind of insane circle straffing back in BF2 on pc.
Heh, all BFs have had circle strafing, it's just that in BF2 the TV Missle meant you never had to expose yourself to AA or groundfire to still dominate the game. BFV was notorious for circle strafing. You could literally spin a Cobra on it's nose at a >45 degree angle and not do any damage to your chopper. The MI-8 was even deadlier with it's double quad-rocket salvo that you could fire off every 3 seconds.

That said, given the slower tracer aiming of joysticks, and the ease of flying that a joystick gives you, I would not be surprised if it's a bit of an unbalanced combination. Hopefully you all get a fix to it that doesn't impact the PC version of the game. :eek:

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I know they had circle strafing in the old games I've played them all uptill 360 came out. I just don't' remember them being able to do it at full speed with full control.
Its like they dont have enough down force on the Helios in this.
Plus I think LMG did actually do some damage to them so they weren't invulnerable to everything cept rockets and AA guns

Wthermans

Banned
bloodydrake said:
I know they had circle strafing in the old games I've played them all uptill 360 came out. I just don't' remember them being able to do it at full speed with full control.
Its like they dont have enough down force on the Helios in this.
Plus I think LMG did actually do some damage to them so they weren't invulnerable to everything cept rockets and AA guns
Doesn't highlight circle strafing, but it's not hard to see it's possible given the maneuverability in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKaw1vW4O30

The thing that kept the Choppers in check in BFV is that the AA from the jets, Cobra, ZSU, and SA-7.

Wthermans said:
Honestly Alan doesn't know the specifics of the PC version of the game. He even claimed that Smoke Spec worked perfectly fine even when people showed him video proof that it wasn't. It was only after he spoke to Kalms that he retracted his previous stance.

Exactly. He's also the guy who said the 25% damage increase was in effect on PC. :lol

Snowballo

bloodydrake said:

Could you explain the problem you're talking about with a Youtube video?
Thanks.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I honestly would be most happy if they would find a way to get rid of aimbots on the PC version. Some of the ridiculous shots I have been killed with (shotguns from across the map, headshot with an uzivfrom across the map) make me loathe playing the PC version at times.

Wthermans

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I honestly would be most happy if they would find a way to get rid of aimbots on the PC version. Some of the ridiculous shots I have been killed with (shotguns from across the map, headshot with an uzivfrom across the map) make me loathe playing the PC version at times.
I've seen less than a hand full of hackers in the entire time the game has been out. :eek:

DenogginizerOS said:

I really don't have a problem with aimbots, at all, or at least I haven't experienced them a lot. Shotgun kills from across the map actually are possible, and SMG's have good range.

Wthermans said:
IMO the tracer and chopper speed is perfect on PC. Tracer can still tag most targets on demand, but you have to know how to lead your target properly. Plus the chopper has the maneuverability to allow a good pilot to avoid most fire, but still get taken down by someone that knows what they're doing or good team coordination.

Same here. Tracer is no longer a point and click affair, but not gimped to uselessness like it was at launch.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mr. Snrub said:
I really don't have a problem with aimbots, at all, or at least I haven't experienced them a lot. Shotgun kills from across the map actually are possible, and SMG's have good range.
For me to emerge from cover and be immediately shot with a shotgun from across the map is absurd. Same for SMGs. Aimbot or not, that is ridiculous.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
DenogginizerOS said:
For me to emerge from cover and be immediately shot with a shotgun from across the map is absurd. Same for SMGs. Aimbot or not, that is ridiculous.
someone probably spotted you all they need to do is line underneath the triangle and wait for it to move from cover

Wthermans

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Not if you've been spotted. I do that all the time with my Red Dot Sniper. See a glowing triangle through a wall/foliage, aim slightly below the point and rack up kills all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom