• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam220

Mr. Snrub said:
Also, there's nothing worse than being out of ammo with your primary, getting the drop on some baddies, switching to your secondary only to hear the THWP of the tracer dart you just fired into their chest. If PC ever gets the DLC, I'm going to have one of the setups be my tank/vehicle buster, and the other be my anti-building/infantry.

Hrm, I think I can top that; There's nothing worse than getting out of your tank to quickly repair it and accidentally taking out your rocket launcher instead of the repair tool. Than proceed to explode your tank and you along with it. Happened to me twice yesterday .. :(

Pete Rock said:
Onslaught has been worth it alone for chopper practice, picked up the Apache on Valdez with a random gunner and I went 5K+ & 22-0 with Rockets + Reload spec and only had to repair at the hill once. He must have had such a good time gunning he sent me an fr and a voice message congratulating me on the job well done!
i still think there should be a way for people to at least practice flying around without buying DLC, 1943 had a little training mode thing, they could do that...

I'd really like to see the next BF game be a more open ended sandbox type drop in experience for coop exploitation, implementing more of the vehicles and opportunities to learn about their correct usage. Give me the skeleton of Onslaught, three mooks from the campaign and the ability for my friends to join in and take their places. String together a half dozen levels the size of those in the BC2 campaign and allow us to work through them using all the tools we'd use online.
yeah, i wouldn't mind them doing this if they made sure to keep major bugs out of the game first

Don't put me on a carrot and a stick M-com chase through the fucking desert which leads me to three consecutive chopper encounters where I am guaranteed to find a conveniently placed anti air explosive nearby. Relative to everything that is so great about BF multiplayer, a campaign structured around set pieces of that nature is so painfully contrived. "TAKE THE SHOT" :lol
funnily enough, that was probably my favorite level of the campaign...

Loving it now that the servers are fixed, been working on getting all my Bronze stars. Ignore my M60 whoring ways of the past when it was broken and complete catass BS, I've moved on to broken C4 and T-90 spam. Managed to run Optics on Arica with a defenders T-90 stolen from the first set, shelled the fuck out of every crate they had all the way to the last stand. If you pull up to the north side of town you can nail the train car + demolished bus M-coms no problem, and after that I drove down to the train tracks and absolutely wrecked every defender in the three story construction site. I really, really wish you got marskman bonus for tank rounds at that distance, it would be amazing. Even with the Optical zoom I was ranged between 7-8 on the hash marks, and between 9-10 when shelling the roof and interior of the last stand. It's not even fair how much more advanced the optics are on that tank, the Abrams is garbage in comparison.

http://g.bfbcs.com/13927/360_Cheerful Dub.png
optics are pretty ridiculous on some maps. when you can hit the crates from your spawn or near your spawn... or in some cases, behind your spawn, well, i dunno... i mean, you can destroy every crate but 1 (2nd A) on Port Valdez from pretty far away with a tank, and just the other day, someone was shooting the 2nd A and B on Isla Inocentes from the top of the hill after the attacker's spawn with the Bradley. i was pretty impressed and i need to figure that one out someday.

Stallion Free said:
I want it too :(

Hasn't Dice ever heard of local host on PC? I mean you would only be hosting 3 other people and then you wouldn't be "stealing" one of their 32 person servers. Also, the server thing is totally a bullshit excuse. They don't want to charge for something on PC because they know there is a bad stigma around that so they are just not releasing it to avoid the issue all together.
someone suggested this and someone from DICE replied that they don't want any server code in the client.

iam220 said:
Hrm, I think I can top that; There's nothing worse than getting out of your tank to quickly repair it and accidentally taking out your rocket launcher instead of the repair tool. Than proceed to explode your tank and you along with it. Happened to me twice yesterday .. :(
i dunno, i've done both and i think the tracer is worse.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
i still think there should be a way for people to at least practice flying around without buying DLC, 1943 had a little training mode thing, they could do that..

Training mode: $5.

And ONS is a poor training mode on higher difficulties. Maybe it's easier to dick around with a helicopter by yourself in easy mode, but on hardcore you'll be ate alive by tank shells/RPG's coming at you if you leave the starting area (which is easy to do in the helicopter accidentally)

optics are pretty ridiculous on some maps. when you can hit the crates from your spawn or near your spawn... or in some cases, behind your spawn, well, i dunno... i mean, you can destroy every crate but 1 (2nd A) on Port Valdez from pretty far away with a tank, and just the other day, someone was shooting the 2nd A and B on Isla Inocentes from the top of the hill after the attacker's spawn with the Bradley. i was pretty impressed and i need to figure that one out someday.

Christ, this needs to be fixed. There are some rocketing positions that are literally indefensible from the defender's standpoint. Engineer just has to pop up for a second, fire, duck down, reload, repeat.

olimpia84

greenjerk said:
Sorry BC2, I'm not leaving you but I am getting some on the side with this hottie called RDR.

One of the reasons why I'm not buying it yet. I enjoyed GTAIV quite a bit (still have to beat it though...someday) so I'm sure I'll be hooked to RDR once I get it.
I'll try to get to rank 50 on BC2, then finish Super Mario Galaxy 2 and then I might get RDR (I say might because by that time GT5 and other games will probably be out to keep me busy).

Hope to play with some of you guys later on. Took a week's break mostly due to not having internet. Gonna go try out the MoH beta also since I found out I got a code.

todahawk

olimpia84 said:
One of the reasons why I'm not buying it yet. I enjoyed GTAIV quite a bit (still have to beat it though...someday) so I'm sure I'll be hooked to RDR once I get it.
I'll try to get to rank 50 on BC2, then finish Super Mario Galaxy 2 and then I might get RDR (I say might because by that time GT5 and other games will probably be out to keep me busy).

Yeah, I'm hoping I don't get sucked in too much. Reckless/Evolved1 and I played some private free roam (ended up camping out on tops of buildings to see how high we could get our wanted level) and a bunch of the co-op missions. Those were a ton of fun... some were a bit hard with only two players but we had to do a little more strategizing and we were fine.

I definitely want to get my platinum on BC2, just need some more d 2.0 kills and the onslaught stuff.

Between BC2 and RDR I've pretty well set. :D

Mr. Snrub said:
Christ, this needs to be fixed. There are some rocketing positions that are literally indefensible from the defender's standpoint. Engineer just has to pop up for a second, fire, duck down, reload, repeat.
indefensible? no way to even mortar them?

indefensible? no way to even mortar them?

If the recon is lucky, they get the engineer. If not, they have to wait however long the cooldown is (which is probably around 4-6 rockets fired from an engineer).

I mean, there ARE ways to combat it. C4ing the crates doesn't bother me as much as this, because C4ing crates involves attacking.

Two things that would do mounds for this game in terms of enjoyment/balance:

-Repairable crates
-Obstacles preventing rocket sniping of crates

desu

Mr. Snrub said:

-Repairable crates

Haha, ever since the patch I have seen tons of engineers raping mcoms. I am usually only playing Valparaiso and the first 3 parts of it are pretty much impossible to defend against a few decent engineers...

greenjerk said:
I definitely want to get my platinum on BC2, just need some more d 2.0 kills and the onslaught stuff.

You don't need the SPECTACT or Onslaught trophies for platinum. (You probably just meant "100%," but just a heads up either way.)

todahawk

NEOPARADIGM said:
You don't need the SPECTACT or Onslaught trophies for platinum. (You probably just meant "100%," but just a heads up either way.)
You're right, I keep forgetting that.

I'm "focusing" on the destruction 2.0 kills and by that I mean NOT focus on them so I can finally get them because as others have posted you usually only get d 2.0 kills when you aren't actively trying. Sooooo, I'm gonna TRY by NOT TRYING but I really am trying.... I think. Except when I forget to try and actually focus on the objectives... but I do try to keep it in the back of my mind... :/

cjdunn

greenjerk said:
You're right, I keep forgetting that.

I'm "focusing" on the destruction 2.0 kills and by that I mean NOT focus on them so I can finally get them because as others have posted you usually only get d 2.0 kills when you aren't actively trying. Sooooo, I'm gonna TRY by NOT TRYING but I really am trying.... I think. Except when I forget to try and actually focus on the objectives... but I do try to keep it in the back of my mind... :/

/sneer

The shorter version of that should be: Rush maps, heavy vehicle, destroy buildings, don't sweat it if you don't get a kill

I wasted a lot of time planting C4 and waiting quietly. Doesn't work.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
iam220 said:
Nope there is nothing worse that running out of ammo on your primary switching to secondary and shooting a tracer dart and realizing that you are carrying mines because you switched from RPG-7 earlier and never switched the tracer.

Rickard

Honestly, the only successful and fun way I've found to get D2.0 kills is to play conquest on white pass and just blow the fuck out of everything at B.

Occasionally you'll get lucky, you'll enjoy yourself and you won't beat your head against the wall.

olimpia84

^ Yeah I got the D2.0 trophy by boosting but since then I got a few demo kills and most of them were from White Pass in Conquest and I got them without even trying.

iam220

poppabk said:
Nope there is nothing worse that running out of ammo on your primary switching to secondary and shooting a tracer dart and realizing that you are carrying mines because you switched from RPG-7 earlier and never switched the tracer.

... there is nothing worse than seeing an enemy hugging a window or some other place perfect for a 40mm. Only to witness, upon switching and firing, the reloading animation fallowed by your death.

scoobs

iam220 said:
... there is nothing worse than seeing an enemy hugging a window or some other place perfect for a 40mm. Only to witness, upon switching and firing, the reloading animation fallowed by your death.
There is nothing worse than turning the corner only to find an engineer looking down the sights of a Carl Gustav.

Hey guise check the store Atacama Rush and Valdez Conquest comes out tomm.:D :D

Choppa time for all:D

fc70d256.jpg

olimpia84

New maps for Rush and Conquest? Bring them on.
That Atacama Rush level sounds intriguing, I get the feeling that it'll be a level where my KDR will drop like a fly (not that it matters anyway, mine is bad already) :D

olimpia84

after finally getting the RPG-7 Platinum, i was using the Carl yesterday and wow, i forgot how easy it was to kill people with it, damn!

I've been using the RPG7 forever and I only have two gold stars despite destroying many tanks although I have to say that my preferred method to bring them down is using AT mines (which I already have a plat).
I think I have a whopping 4 kills with the CG, I should probably start using it again and get more kills :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dubbedinenglish said:
Hey guise check the store Atacama Rush and Valdez Conquest comes out tomm.:D :D

Choppa time for all:D

fc70d256.jpg
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!
Finally some new Rush and Conquest goodness!

And of course : I want real new maps!

UFRA

Well, good games Razor and Strike. I ended up getting kicked out of the game with a 'lost connection to server' message, so I'll take a break for now.

1stStrike

Banned
Looks like I'm going to be playing a lot of atacama desert rush tomorrow.

Also, BC2 froze twice today and then the server crashed when we were on the last set of mcom's, so I said fuck it and gave up for now. I did have a good game earlier where I went 45 - 18 with the M416 on attack. I'm liking it.

UFRA said:
Well, good games Razor and Strike. I ended up getting kicked out of the game with a 'lost connection to server' message, so I'll take a break for now.

Same. Server crashed.

Mr. Snrub said:
Oh wait, I DID see you (I think). Didn't you bitch out your team once?

Jesus, I think we were BOTH on horrid teams.
Yeah I told the wookie in my squad to stop wasting the blackhawk to get to his bush. :lol

MAP PACK 4 FUCK YEAH

Hmm, the G3 with red dot is like heaven cumming.
HDyfI.jpg
\

MG3 looks badass, but we've all seen the SPECACT stuff on the consoles...just having them on PC isn't THAT exciting.
V898c.jpg

B8AlO.jpg

But what's this?
i8HR8.jpg

EXPLOSIVE shotgun shells?!
3DUuy.jpg

:D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Optics... I want them.

Happy about the new maps but I probably won't play for a few days... between RDR and my job.

1stStrike

Banned
UFRA said:
Hell yeah, count me in.

Chopper pilot at your service. :D

Sweeeet. I've become a pretty good pilot myself, but I'd be happy to take a break and just shoot shit for a while. I always end up flying these days.

I was playing isla on onslaught with some randoms the other day and everyone hops in the blackhawk, leaving the pilot seat open, just waiting for someone to fly.

*groans*

Every fucking time.

Mr. Snrub said:
If the recon is lucky, they get the engineer. If not, they have to wait however long the cooldown is (which is probably around 4-6 rockets fired from an engineer).

I mean, there ARE ways to combat it. C4ing the crates doesn't bother me as much as this, because C4ing crates involves attacking.

-Repairable crates
yeah, the PS3 beta with repairable crates was hilarious! people shelling crates with the tanks and wondering why they didn't get blown up yet.

olimpia84 said:
I've been using the RPG7 forever and I only have two gold stars despite destroying many tanks although I have to say that my preferred method to bring them down is using AT mines (which I already have a plat).
I think I have a whopping 4 kills with the CG, I should probably start using it again and get more kills :lol
oh, AT Mines are my #1 weapon in kills, i only used the RPG-7 in place of the Carl on maps where i would normally use the Carl, like Isla Inocentes and Valparaiso Rush and White Pass and Arica Harbor Conquest.

1stStrike said:
Sweeeet. I've become a pretty good pilot myself, but I'd be happy to take a break and just shoot shit for a while. I always end up flying these days.

I was playing isla on onslaught with some randoms the other day and everyone hops in the blackhawk, leaving the pilot seat open, just waiting for someone to fly.

*groans*

Every fucking time.
yeah, a definite *groan* moment.

TheSeks

OMG HAX @ Splinter and Snub.

What the hell @ the DICE upgrade. Explosive Shotgun shells. :lol

I played a little bit today, like one round. Team lost, but it was a close Conquest game. Like at the end it was 10-10 and were leading up until that point. Stupid teammates dying. :(

I'm so damn rusty and dying from all over the place. Sucks. :lol

Edit: And the RPG-7 is great against Infantry. Besides the drop (it drops sooner than the Carl) it's a decent replacement for Carl Spamming. HOWEVER: It sucks against tanks, even with the explosive upgrade perk. I want my two shot to an ass Carl or one shot to the ass AT4 back. :(

The RPG is great against tanks while the Gustav kinda sucks against them. The RPG is only ok compared to the CG against infantry. The AT4 and RPG damage are the same now vs tanks (so stupid). Perhaps they had armor/a dedicated engineer. For tanks: AT4 = RPG > Gustav. As far as damage. And you can fire and forget the AT4, you just have to switch weapons.

Here's the latest stats:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2629/boomd.png

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:
The RPG is great against tanks while the Gustav kinda sucks against them. The RPG is only ok compared to the CG against infantry. The AT4 and RPG damage are the same now vs tanks (so stupid). Perhaps they had armor/a dedicated engineer. For tanks: AT4 = RPG > Gustav. As far as damage. And you can fire and forget the AT4, you just have to switch weapons.

Here's the latest stats:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2629/boomd.png

That may be true for PC, on PS3 it seems like the RPG-7 takes a lot more work in taking down tanks than the AT4 or Carl.

While the Carl may suck against tanks, it's two shots with explosive +. Fire and forget as it's a straight line.

AT4 is one-two shots in the ass (one if not armored) with explosive +.

RPG-7 seems to take three shots to the ass even with explosive +. It's so damn annoying.

However, the RPG-7 is equal to the carl (with less crazy splash damage) with explosive + on infantry. Only issue is the bullet/rocket drop. Carl is pretty much a straight line. RPG-7 starts to drop at mid-range. Annoying. :(

cabottemp

Banned
my apologies if this has been asked already, as I'm just now really getting back into this game, but has any date or details been announced for the vietnam expansion?

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
C4 needs to do a shitton less damage.

Strike and me were having a C4 bashing contest. The game is way too easy as attackers.

Pfft. People will just do AT mines on M-COM then.

It's becoming a problem as apparently the kids at GameFAQs are starting to complain about rocket sniping/Jihad Jeep/AT mines/C4 + UAV/C4 now.

Most of these are counterable, the AT mines and C4 + UAV being the only two truly asshole ones (as I've stated in the past, I'm sure someone will go "BUT UAV IS COUNTERABLE" Yes, but it's hard to see it coming in the middle of chaos, which makes it lopsided, IMO. Esp. with no loss to the UAV. It should be a one-shot at that station thing. Desperation attack for the last M-COM if you're low on tickets to push the game forward as that loss of the UAV for the rest of time at that base wouldn't be huge then, and people would focus on that + killing the enemies for the last few tickets. I should probably put this huge paragraph aside outside these, alas...)

my apologies if this has been asked already, as I'm just now really getting back into this game, but has any date or details been announced for the vietnam expansion?

Besides that E3 trailer and a date of "Fall/Winter 2010" No. Nothing has come out.

UFRA

Damn servers tonight. Had an awesome team playing with randoms on Conquest tonight.

Just constantly winning round after round, most of the time dominating all flags on the map.

Then of course...the servers crashed. *sigh* I just wanna enjoy my BC2!! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom