• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam220

During my 160 hours with this game, I've ran into one obvious hacker. He used the ns2000 to kill people across the map. Like literally, he was at the very edge of the map, on a hill, taking people out.

Loxley

I must be missing something, but on the PC side I can't attach an RDS or 4x Scope onto the M14 or G3 yet, but everything else from the update is there o_O

Loxley said:
I must be missing something, but on the PC side I can't attach an RDS or 4x Scope onto the M14 or G3 yet, but everything else from the update is there o_O

There are one or two servers that have the SPECACT and optics unlocked. Just have to do a search for server "SPECACT".

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mr. Snrub said:
Demize: total douche. Never get a console-only player to balance the game.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/16470741-post6.html

The issue is that DICE balances on usage statistics last I checked. It has nothing to do with the console rate or anything like that.

They do this across ALL platforms, with ALL the usages being the reason for nerfing shit. It's stupid.

"Hmhmhmhmhm--Everyone and their mom is using the AN-94? Because it's good? TIME TO NERF!"

I'm sure Demize is a good guy in real life, but he and DICE really REALLY need to go another way with the balancing. Right now the AKS-74U on consoles (at least for me) is fucking weak compared to any other gun out there. I'm more likely to spam rockets to kill a dude than try to take them one-on-one unless I'm using Magnum Ammo. It's fucking stupid. Before the 25% buff on consoles was taken away (mostly due to PC players bitching about [wanting] it) all the guns were perfectly balanced (IMO) with a few stand-out/unbalanced ones but all the guns were perfectly able to kill someone magnum ammo or not. Now that 98% of the playerbase on PS3 is using Magnum Ammo you literally have no chance in 1-on-1 unless you have Body Armor (and this means have been playing since day one) or Magnum Ammo on yourself. It's stupid.

You can't play a proper Medic anymore unless you're willing to die-die-die-die-die-die rushing out to save someone only to have them die-die-die-die-die a few seconds later because of a Magnumed AN-94 douche. :|

Wthermans said:
Heh, all BFs have had circle strafing, it's just that in BF2 the TV Missle meant you never had to expose yourself to AA or groundfire to still dominate the game. BFV was notorious for circle strafing. You could literally spin a Cobra on it's nose at a >45 degree angle and not do any damage to your chopper. The MI-8 was even deadlier with it's double quad-rocket salvo that you could fire off every 3 seconds.

That said, given the slower tracer aiming of joysticks, and the ease of flying that a joystick gives you, I would not be surprised if it's a bit of an unbalanced combination. Hopefully you all get a fix to it that doesn't impact the PC version of the game. :eek:
it's not just that, people who have played both say the choppers actually have better handling on console, they have a better turning radius and keep momentum more during the turns.

Atacama rush is pretty awesome a lot of variety in how the map plays.

Valdez though has a highly favored for the US side. The US AAA not only knocks back choppers like the Russian AAA but it can sustain it's rate of fire. Giving the US air superiority and resulting in much Apache rape. :/

TheSeks said:
The issue is that DICE balances on usage statistics last I checked. It has nothing to do with the console rate or anything like that.

They do this across ALL platforms, with ALL the usages being the reason for nerfing shit. It's stupid.

"Hmhmhmhmhm--Everyone and their mom is using the AN-94? Because it's good? TIME TO NERF!"

I'm sure Demize is a good guy in real life, but he and DICE really REALLY need to go another way with the balancing. Right now the AKS-74U on consoles (at least for me) is fucking weak compared to any other gun out there. I'm more likely to spam rockets to kill a dude than try to take them one-on-one unless I'm using Magnum Ammo. It's fucking stupid. Before the 25% buff on consoles was taken away (mostly due to PC players bitching about [wanting] it) all the guns were perfectly balanced (IMO) with a few stand-out/unbalanced ones but all the guns were perfectly able to kill someone magnum ammo or not. Now that 98% of the playerbase on PS3 is using Magnum Ammo you literally have no chance in 1-on-1 unless you have Body Armor (and this means have been playing since day one) or Magnum Ammo on yourself. It's stupid.

You can't play a proper Medic anymore unless you're willing to die-die-die-die-die-die rushing out to save someone only to have them die-die-die-die-die a few seconds later because of a Magnumed AN-94 douche. :|

Interesting, but strange, because I can't imagine the AT4 got nerfed because it was being used more than the RPG-7 and CG. It just doesn't make any sense.

TheSeks

Unless the Russians were good, Apache has always raped in air-to-air battles on Atacama Conquest. I don't expect it to be different on Valadez.

Snrub said:
Interesting, but strange, because I can't imagine the AT4 got nerfed because it was being used more than the RPG-7 and CG. It just doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, DICE's nerfing/buffing of things has been really strange in the run up to now since launch.

I think it's a variety of:

-Usage stats
-Power stats (for the currently weapon in close/mid/far ranges)
-Thinking nerfing/buffing the weapon will help
-Community complains some more because it didn't help
-Well, shit, maybe we'll revert (AN-94) or say dealwithit.jpg while taunting the players on twitter (Demize99) and hopefully they'll adjust.

Really, the one thing I want them to adjust is the Magnum Ammo. Make it for Pistols only or some shit like that. Because as it is on consoles (PS3 anyway) 98% of players are using it because they want the one-less bullet to kill. Which makes those of us that want to play "proper" classes (fast killing tank engineer, heal/range ++ medic) have to work/die a lot to get anywhere.

TheSeks said:
Unless the Russians were good, Apache has always raped in air-to-air battles on Atacama Conquest. I don't expect it to be different on Valdez.

The thing is on Atacama all of the AAA was the same, now the US has the superior anti-air power, by a wide margin. The Havoc can take down the Apache pretty well you just have to play to its strength and not give the Apache a broadside shot against the larger Havoc. Generally take the fight to elevation rather than lateral movement brings the Havoc out in front.

With the improved hit detection, Atacama Rush is kind of a bitch with the wide open mcoms. :\

TheSeks said:
It's fucking stupid. Before the 25% buff on consoles was taken away (mostly due to PC players bitching about [wanting] it)
The fuck? That makes no sense and no one on PC cared about the damage model except very few. BF have always had health like this, not the who-sees-first-CoD shit damage model.

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:
The fuck? That makes no sense and no one on PC cared about the damage model except very few. BF have always had health like this, not the who-sees-first-CoD shit damage model.

I'm forgetting the history behind it, but PC players bitched endlessly to where DICE took it out of the console games to get that complaint out of the way.

Stupid, really.

TheSeks said:
I'm forgetting the history behind it, but PC players bitched endlessly to where DICE took it out of the console games to get that complaint out of the way.

Stupid, really.
I don't remember hearing any bitching. I recall a few posts to bring the PC version's 25% down, but that's it. I heard more bitching about chopper flares than the damage model.

TheSeks said:

Stupid, really.
that's not really how it went down... they changed the minimum/maximum damage ranges on various weapons when they took away the 25% damage boost. many weapons do similar damage at mid range to before the adjustments.

Wthermans

Banned
TheSeks said:

Stupid, really.
Above posters got it right.

Binabik15

So, out of three games on Atacama Rush not a single one got beyond the second set of crates. Playing on it feels like pulling teeth, people coming from everywhere and killing you. Plus I had crazy problems with near immortal guys during those games. Eew. Only decent thing is the gatling.

At least I was rewarded with a super duper awesome game on Laguna Presa, c4íng mcoms (hey, I arm them and blow myself up to stop defenders, that´s NOT lame) and smacking people around with the G3. It´s still my fav weapon, but I need gold stars if I ever want the get beyond lvl 35 :lol On the other hand the game with the G3 gave me 4.5k combat points, that might be better than getting a worse score with other weapons.

Binabik15 said:
So, out of three games on Atacama Rush not a single one got beyond the second set of crates. Playing on it feels like pulling teeth, people coming from everywhere and killing you. Plus I had crazy problems with near immortal guys during those games. Eew. Only decent thing is the gatling.

At least I was rewarded with a super duper awesome game on Laguna Presa, c4íng mcoms (hey, I arm them and blow myself up to stop defenders, that´s NOT lame) and smacking people around with the G3. It´s still my fav weapon, but I need gold stars if I ever want the get beyond lvl 35 :lol On the other hand the game with the G3 gave me 4.5k combat points, that might be better than getting a worse score with other weapons.

I'm not too worried. When Laguna Presa Rush came out, a bunch of Gaffers complained about how imbalanced it was, but I never experienced it. One of the best rush maps out there, IMO.

Binabik15 do what i do... alternate! i've got almost every weapon to gold, missing like 7.

Mr. Snrub said:
I'm not too worried. When Laguna Presa Rush came out, a bunch of Gaffers complained about how imbalanced it was, but I never experienced it. One of the best rush maps out there, IMO.
3rd base really was a huge choke point until people figured out ways to get past it. it was compared to 4th base on valparaiso. a friend of mine even said "i hate attacking on these fucking jungle maps!"

i had no issues attacking on Atacama Rush... actually getting to the 2nd set of crates was tough the 2nd time i played it, but once we broke thru the defense and got all up in the ship section, we got both crates.

on defense, the other team didn't get past the first set in the game i played from the start, and they got all but 1 crate in the game i joined midway. the map seems pretty balanced to me.

If playing Atacama Squad Rush extensively taught me anything, it's that spamming smoke helps a lot if your team can't get passed the really open areas. And it works! Like a goddamn ninja.

The Faceless Master said:
3rd base really was a huge choke point until people figured out ways to get past it. it was compared to 4th base on valparaiso. a friend of mine even said "i hate attacking on these fucking jungle maps!"

It still is pretty bad though. After I realized the blackhawk spawned on the suicide hill run on Val, I'd have to say Presa's choke point is just as bad. It's pretty fun to sneak around the back and do road rages though. If my attacking teams any good, but they still slip through the first two mcoms, the bridge part is always a lock.

1stStrike

Banned
Okay, so I played a couple of Atacama Rush games and a couple of Port Valdez conquest games. Here's my thoughts.

Atacama Rush: It's fun. I really like atacama's setup, and I had a blast with the gattling and shit. But, without a REALLY organized team all of that empty space makes it so people spread out too much. On defense, our defensive line was absolute shit and they kept plowing through. Nobody was doing a damn thing and everyone was running around doing whatever they wanted.

Port Valdez Conquest: Fucking hate it. Port Valdez has never been my favorite map, but it's Atacama Rush 2.0. Everyone beelines for the choppers and then you have to deal with circle raping strafers. The AA gun in the center is decent, but it's WIDE OPEN and no sooner do you get on it then everyone and their fucking mom is coming for you (on top of the choppers).

Also, those new buggies are pretty useless. One rocket and they're done. I killed a few people with one, but I don't feel safe in them at all.

I played two matches on this map and my team lost both. I got an ace pin the second time from fucking up all of the choppers and killing a bunch of the other team, but my team wasn't holding their own.

I realize a lot of people are still learning the maps and trying to feel out the way they play in the new modes, but so far atacama desert rush i the only one I really enjoy. Fuck port valdez.

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Okay, so I played a couple of Atacama Rush games and a couple of Port Valdez conquest games. Here's my thoughts.

Atacama Rush: It's fun. I really like atacama's setup, and I had a blast with the gattling and shit. But, without a REALLY organized team all of that empty space makes it so people spread out too much. On defense, our defensive line was absolute shit and they kept plowing through. Nobody was doing a damn thing and everyone was running around doing whatever they wanted.

Port Valdez Conquest: Fucking hate it. Port Valdez has never been my favorite map, but it's Atacama Rush 2.0. Everyone beelines for the choppers and then you have to deal with circle raping strafers. The AA gun in the center is decent, but it's WIDE OPEN and no sooner do you get on it then everyone and their fucking mom is coming for you (on top of the choppers).

Also, those new buggies are pretty useless. One rocket and they're done. I killed a few people with one, but I don't feel safe in them at all.

I played two matches on this map and my team lost both. I got an ace pin the second time from fucking up all of the choppers and killing a bunch of the other team, but my team wasn't holding their own.

I realize a lot of people are still learning the maps and trying to feel out the way they play in the new modes, but so far atacama desert rush i the only one I really enjoy. Fuck port valdez.

Haven't played Port Valdez conquest yet but I love the rush version. I played that level in the beta constantly and I'm still not sick of it.

And it's very odd but I'm sitting at 132 hours plus in this game and still feel like I'm a noob.

shadowcomplex said:
so gaf i just bought this game over the steam sale last week, planing on going online tonight, what should i expect?

Squad up with me or Spl1nter/sandman/BlackOps/Denogginizer, we'll show you the ropes.

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

Otherwise, always be moving unless you're sure you're safe, take cover, and be wary of wide open spaces.

AND PRESS Q

TheSeks

Good games, Noise. Even if it was Hardocre Port Valadez Conquest (ugh)->Atacama Rush Softcore x2 (won both rounds)->Port Valadez Rush Softcore (won... both? I know we one the attack)->Atacama (WTF server rotation) Rush Softcore Attacking (and lost on the second set this time out)

Atacama is pretty fun, but yeah. The open M-COMs (like A first set) is really hard to get unless you have a team ready to push into it, which is hard with the defenders if they are good and spread out/multiples to where you can't sneak into the base and hold the M-COMs..

I'm a little disappointed it's just the Conquest map, compared to Laguna Alta and the like.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
shadowcomplex said:
so gaf i just bought this game over the steam sale last week, planing on going online tonight, what should i expect?

Like Anton said, stick with us and you will be fine.

Steam ID: Denogginizer

Also, forgot out this. This isn't the most recent version, but it's still helpful:

GAF Tips
  • General
    • SPOT ENEMIES - Put your crosshair over an enemy and press the spot button. This highlights the enemies, making him a magnet for your team's bullets. You also get points for every kill that comes off your spot. There are mechanics to spotting (see the FAQ below), but it seems that any weapon with high zoom is easier to spot with--speculate that spotting mechanism has some sort of "cone" to it
    • Squad Order - Put your crosshair on an MCOM until it "highlights", and press the Spot button. It should set a Squad Order (attack or defend, depending on situation). If you or your squad defend/attack this position, kill any enemies in the area of the Order, etc., you get free points (MCOM Attack Order, MCOM Defend Order, Squad Attack Order, etc.)
    • The shielded MG's are completely bulletproof--the eyeport has bulletproof glass. All you have to worry about are explosives and exposing your sides/back, and in some cases, your feet
    • In Hardcore mode, spotting still works--you just have to pay attention. When you try to spot someone, your player should audibly confirm this ("We got enemies here"). Your minimap will not show them, but the full-size map should, if you look at it
    • Smoke removes spotted icons, and I believe (unconfirmed) it removes tracer darts
    • Mounted/vehicle machine guns are very effective against helicopters--at the very least, you annoy them into flying away or changing their flight pattern
    • All it takes is one player and about 3 seconds to arm an MCOM. IMO, ALWAYS have someone guarding the MCOM station.
    • Pay attention to the automated yelling in the game. Sit on an ammo pack and toss a grenade into a suspected enemy position--if you hear them yell GRENADE, you know where they are. In a similar vein, if you kill an enemy and hear "Man down!" from the other team, you know he wasn't alone
    • If you are the only one of your squad mates left alive and you're in a good spot (near the MCOM, sneaking around base, etc.), STAY ALIVE so your squad mates can spawn on you. At max, you have to sit still for 10 seconds.
    • Magnum ammo increases bullet damage across it's ranges--so the spec doesn't just increase damage, but makes your weapon deadlier at longer ranges
    • Mines and C4 can be spotted. They show on your minimap as flashing white boxes.
    • If you destroy a vehicle and DON'T see "Killing an enemy +50", he bailed and is still alive somewhere. Yes, this is important and some people don't realize it. This is especially important with choppers, as most of the time there is ample time to bail.
    • When you hear a beeping noise you are within the range of a motion mine and if your map doesn't indicate it's from your own team, it's the enemy and you are visible to them.
  • Assault
    • You are a waste of life if you haven't dropped an ammo pack SOMEWHERE on the map
    • If someone asks you for ammo, give it to them. If you don't hear them, these request also show on your minimap as ammo pack icons.
    • USE SMOKE! Use smoke on exposed MCOMS that you have to arm, smoke a suspected sniper/gunner position, smoke a vehicle that is attacking your team, smoke a chokepoint to ease the approach. Smoke is EXTREMELY useful!
  • Engineer
    • The M2 Carl Gustav's rocket travels almost twice as fast as the RPG, making it much easier to take down helicopters as you don't have to lead/anticipate as much
    • Mines stay indefinitely, unless you lay more than six--after that, the "oldest" mine insta-gibs and disappears. So as a defender, on most maps I spawn first as engineer with mines, set them and when I eventually die, respawn as whatever is appropriate.
    • Vehicles are more vulnerable at the back. The side and tread are more vulnerable than the front, and the ANGLE of your shot DOES matter. Perpendicular shots do the most damage.
    • Even without an RPG/AT4/CG, you can actively destroy tanks and other vehicles with the engineer class. With anti-tank mines, you can place them behind a vehicle and shoot or throw a grenade at the mines to set them off.
    • You have to lock onto the tracer dart in order to have your rocket "seek" it. You place your cursor over the traced target until you see a range reading--this means you are locked. Try to fire it over cover, as it WILL run into anything in the way after it "arms" and heads toward the tracer dart.
  • Medic
    • You are a waste of life if you haven't dropped a med kit SOMEWHERE on the map
    • If someone asks you for health, give it to them. If you don't hear them, these request also show on your minimap as medic cross icons.
    • Use discretion when reviving. No one likes to be revived in front of a tank or a squad of bad guys. If you revive someone, at least try to protect them until they get oriented
    • Your minimap is your best friend. Not only does it tell you who is hurt, but it also shows you who needs to be revived, which can be hard to see on screen.
  • Recon
    • Recon is not shorthand for "sniper". You are the eyes of your team--if you are sniping, SPOT! It is extremely easy to spot using the sniper rifles. If you are more of a frontline/assault recon, then use your sensor balls, set traps with your C4--be USEFUL.
    • If you don't have a sensor ball out there, you too are a waste of life. These can be invaluable and are basically equal to free ambushes/kills. Plus, you get a ton of points if your spotted enemies get killed
    • If you see an engineer laying down mines, shoot the mines. If he's anywhere near them, he's dead.
    • The .50 cal rifle damages choppers--10 HP per shot. Two snipers with good aim can cause a lot of trouble for a chopper.
    • When calling a mortar strike on an enemy base from behind cover, make sure your view is not slightly obstructed by a piece of rebar, a leaf, or other insignificant piece of clutter that happens to be six inches from your position. You may be in for a surprise.
    • Tactic I enjoy: when arming or approaching MCOM, put mortar fire on it. It should keep it safe for a little while as you set up a spot to protect it.
    • An easy way to spot other snipers or enemy counter-snipers that you know are shooting at either you or your teammates but you can't for the life of you find, is to use the mortar strike binoculars for spotting. They zoom in relatively far and have a wide viewing angle (this is key) allowing you to get a good view of what's going on at the enemy base. An additional bonus in many situations is that the image through the binoculars in monochromatic, making things like muzzle flashes easy to spot when scouting for snipers in bushes/trees etc.
  • Vehicle
    • "Secret" vehicle specs: The Alt Fire spec enables a machine gun for the UAV and heavy tank, and a TOW missile for the APC's/light tanks. Smoke spec enables a smoke screen for tanks, and the UAV can drop three smokes grenades down onto the battlefield
    • If you are in a tank that's being repaired, DON'T MOVE! Yes, you might need to get into cover to avoid some rockets, but in 99% of the situations, the engineer can repair faster than they can destroy you (and if you're any good, you can take out your attacker because, you know...you're in a tank), and the engineer is also using the tank for cover
    • When valiantly taking a tank into battle, if its down to <20 health, go down in a blaze of glory or retreat for repairs, but do NOT bail. Your thought of "I don't want to die" will turn into "man, we are dying" once they take your tank, repair it, and use it against you. The only time bailing is acceptable is if you can destroy it yourself
    • Don't be stupid with the tanks. They can change the tide of the game or be an instant +100 points to the other team. There are times when charging the base is appropriate, but usually only when other tanks are also involved in the assault. Stay behind the front lines and have a clear path behind you so that you can backup into a safe spot and repair. Do not get out and repair out in the open without backing up unless you have a teammate in the tank. If you're playing conquest then find a good path between flags and don't stop moving!
    • In tight areas with the tank, use your third person view. Crowded urban areas are the easiest for recon/assault to sneak around and quickly C4 you. If you see a wookie running toward you, it is acceptable to a)run over him b)shoot him c)drive away/retreat. Option d)jump out, kill him, then hop back in, is only available for veritable badasses (or passengers)
    • The Blackhawk minigun is an effective tool against light tanks--USE IT!
    • The Blackhawk is primarily a TRANSPORT CHOPPER. Fly it over MCOM's, kamikaze and bail with your whole squad (please notify them beforehand), whatever, but don't expect to get a whole lot done circling with an entire squad on you doing jack shit
    • Sometimes, as an attacker, the Blackhawk makes good bait. Land it and let the other team take it--less defenders for you to worry about. Most chopper gunners really aren't that great, and you can even booby-trap the chopper for when it gets airborne (since defenders see a Blackhawk like a fly sees shit)
    • If you are the only one in a tank/chopper, wait a few moments to get a gunner. Yes, it helps, and a few of the vehicles are harmless without an extra gunner
    • If you're in a vehicle, try to be on the move often. A tank is too much of a target for C4, UAV missile, engineers, mortar strikes when it's still
    • In addition, if you start getting mortared, don't freak out and abandon the vehicle. Plow forward or backward and get someone to repair you.
    • When you are in a tank protecting a flag or MCOM, shoot the buildings around you. Might get lucky with some kills and you take away enemy hiding spots
    • Similarly, if you have a vehicle/mounted gun and no visible enemies, start shooting the cover and concealment. Life's a bitch when you can't hide.
    • In a chopper, if you go against the AA tank, top priority is taking out the AA gunner. He's exposed, so it shouldn't be too hard. AA can ruin your day.
    • UAV with alt-fire can make life hell for enemy choppers. You may not take them out, but you give them one more thing to worry about

Frequently asked stat questions (taken from http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/)
  • How fast do I regenerate health? Six seconds after taking damage, the player will recover three health per second.
  • Is weapon damage or health different in Hardcore mode? In "Hardcore" players have 50 health and do not recover on their own (need a med kit). Body Armor is only 62.5.
  • Does crouching affect accuracy? From the hip, crouching has no effect for any weapons except for LMGs in which hip spread barely improves. Crouching while sighted, almost every weapon subtracts 0.05 from its Amp (vertical recoil).
  • How quickly do grenades and rockets replenish from ammo packs? 40MM GL takes 10.5 seconds; 40MM smoke takes 3 seconds; all rockets take 4.5 seconds; mines take 6 seconds; frag grenades take 7.5 seconds; C4 takes 6 seconds
  • How long does a tracer dart last? 45 seconds.
  • How does spotting work? Spotting, like the repair tool, uses "overheat" to prevent excessive Socialize use. The player is capable of about five Socialize button presses in rapid succession before overheating and being inoperable for five seconds. With the cooldown, the fastest continuous rate that a player can spot without overheating is once every two seconds.

TheSeks

Yeah, no matter the version (though PS3 has more GAF players than the other two it seems, at least in this thread :lol ) stick with GAF. They'll help you out and generally you win most of the games you are in with them. :lol

(This is also true with Uncharted 2, crazy how I have more wins and fun when playing with GAF :lol )

Snrub said:
>>use SMOKE<<

You and Faceless still need to make a Youtube or provide one with good Smoke uses. They're too situational (and too short in time, IMO) to where they're not really useful compared to the "all the time" grenade launcher.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Mr. Snrub said:
Squad up with me or Spl1nter/sandman/BlackOps/Denogginizer, we'll show you the ropes.

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

Otherwise, always be moving unless you're sure you're safe, take cover, and be wary of wide open spaces.

AND PRESS Q
Will do thanks :D :D

TheSeks said:
You and Faceless still need to make a Youtube or provide one with good Smoke uses. They're too situational (and too short in time, IMO) to where they're not really useful compared to the "all the time" grenade launcher.

I'd love to make a vid but FRAPs kills my performance and I hear xfire is worst. Maybe I'll just lower to DX10 and lose some details and make a vid this week. Smoke has definitely made me have a good day (and made me have a bad day when it's used against me D: ) on a number of occasions, plus has saved the life of many a teammate's tank (gets rid of tracers).

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Mr. Snrub said:
I'd love to make a vid but FRAPs kills my performance and I hear xfire is worst. Maybe I'll just lower to DX10 and lose some details and make a vid this week. Smoke has definitely made me have a good day (and made me have a bad day when it's used against me D: ) on a number of occasions, plus has saved the life of many a teammate's tank (gets rid of tracers).
Wait so is the smoke grenade lancher an unlockable or already unlocked?

TheSeks said:
Yeah, no matter the version (though PS3 has more GAF players than the other two it seems, at least in this thread :lol ) stick with GAF. They'll help you out and generally you win most of the games you are in with them. :lol

(This is also true with Uncharted 2, crazy how I have more wins and fun when playing with GAF :lol )

oh man i wish you were there like 2 days ago when we were up against some level 50's and they were just sitting back and raping ... and i pulled out the smoke and then they couldn't see shit and we won. hrm, who was i playing with then? i even sent a witty "guess you could say they got smoked!" message to whomever it was.

Spl1nter

DenogginizerOS said:
Like Anton said, stick with us and you will be fine.

As long as you are on our team everything will be fine. But if you aint!

Mr. Snrub said:
Never underestimate the power of Spl1nter...!

I only use weapons that are 1 hit kills. Im just that big of a douche.

Steam ID: Spl1nter3
BC2: Spl1nter

No_Style

TheSeks said:
Right now the AKS-74U on consoles (at least for me) is fucking weak compared to any other gun out there. I'm more likely to spam rockets to kill a dude than try to take them one-on-one unless I'm using Magnum Ammo

I'm the exact opposite. I think every other SMG is weak compared to the AKS-74U. "Weak" in the sense that every other SMG has some other flaw that the AKS-74U doesn't. I love the AKS-74U.

ps3_NoStyle.png

1stStrike

Banned
No_Style said:
I'm the exact opposite. I think every other SMG is weak compared to the AKS-74U. "Weak" in the sense that every other SMG has some other flaw that the AKS-74U doesn't. I love the AKS-74U.

ps3_NoStyle.png

I have no problem with the AKS. SMG's do feel a bit underpowered at times, but I've had some pretty good games with an AKS + red dot + CG. I went 45 - 18 yesterday with them on laguna presa rush.

TheSeks

Mr. Snrub said:

I know of the tracer trick, but generally it's too situational for me to even bother switching to it.

I'd love to see how you and Faceless use it. Because I haven't seen too much use of it any time I've played to where I can get some pointers/tips about it from seeing it in use.

I think every other SMG is weak compared to the AKS-74U.

I have lost to other SMGs in mid-range with the AKS. It's incredibly annoying to know that it was a monster with the 25% buff and then that is lost/readjusted and I can't snipe at mid/long-range and die at close range with it. I love the hell out of the AK line of guns, but man in practice with these readjusted damage rates... :|

scoobs

1stStrike said:
I have no problem with the AKS. SMG's do feel a bit underpowered at times, but I've had some pretty good games with an AKS + red dot + CG. I went 45 - 18 yesterday with them on laguna presa rush.
My SMG of choice is the xm8-c. I think its amazing with + explosive upgrade + cg.

UFRA

No_Style said:

I'm the exact same way, only with the UMP-45 instead. lol

No_Style

1stStrike said:

I used to roll with a red dot sight, but then I fell in love with the explosives power & double amount of explosives perks -- especially with mines.

I would use the UMP45, but I hate the iron sight on that thing.

The only time I feel that the SMG is underpowered, is when I'm facing off at medium to far distances and a competent player takes me out with this assault rifle after I peppered him with a few shots. But then I remind myself that I'm holding an SMG, so it's all good.

The Faceless Master said:
oh man i wish you were there like 2 days ago when we were up against some level 50's and they were just sitting back and raping ... and i pulled out the smoke and then they couldn't see shit and we won. hrm, who was i playing with then? i even sent a witty "guess you could say they got smoked!" message to whomever it was.
That was me (eight quid). I absolutely hate Nelson Bay, reminds me of the snow maps in socom on ps2 but atleast that had night vision. That game was incredibly frustrating for me, I just could not break through their defenses. I didn't even see you use smoke until the end at B. When I was going to respawn and I saw that you were through their defenses, I thought "How in the fuck...?". Didn't realize you used smoke till you sent me the message, I thought you rambo'd your way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom