• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSeks said:
You and Faceless still need to make a Youtube or provide one with good Smoke uses. They're too situational (and too short in time, IMO) to where they're not really useful compared to the "all the time" grenade launcher.
That's because smoke grenades on the console much different (smaller, shorter, etc?) aren't they?

Played on a stacked server all day today. I think we won 2 games out of like 20. These two guys would whore the Hind like crazy. The mini gun could only take so much abuse. It seems like they were switching seats for more flares so tracing wasn't working. High levels vs low level shit is getting ridiculous.

Spl1nter

Wellscha said:
Fuck the UZI.

Fuck all SMG's. Shit wasn't unbalanced like this in 2142. They killed only at close range like they should. Engineer class should be centered around vehicles not killing infantry.

Same for AN-94. Used it for a single round and dominated, came first by ~1000 score and 10+ kills.

Doesnt stop me from using them...

Uzi's fucking great, even pre-patch. Equip the accuracy perk and run around like it's fucking Goldeneye not using sights (except occasionally).

1stStrike said:
You guys have convinced me to try out the uzi again.
I hated it when I first unlocked it. Then when I went to bronze it (we're talking back in March) I fell in love. I don't know why I hated it and loved the PP2000, when they aren't much different for their uses. Heh.

Rickard

Spl1nter said:
Fuck all SMG's. Shit wasn't unbalanced like this in 2142. They killed only at close range like they should. Engineer class should be centered around vehicles not killing infantry.

Same for AN-94. Used it for a single round and dominated, came first by ~1000 score and 10+ kills.

Doesnt stop me from using them...

Your hatred fuels me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The AT4 nerf was a great idea! Just played a game of arica harbor rush where tanks took out every MCOM except 2nd set A and 3rd set A from distance. With a couple of guys repairing its impossible to take them out with AT weapons.

olimpia84

For the SMGs you can't go wrong with the UZI, UMP and AK74...those are the best imo and are very effective if used with magnum ammo. It can take a while to get used to the iron sights but once you're past that it's awesome.
Got plats in all three of them and working towards my UMP SPECACT plat right now. :D

olimpia84

Oh, and regarding the new levels I tried Port Valdez on Conquest and hated it. I probably lasted for 8 minutes before I decided to quit...it might be too early to put it down but it's a very awkward map for conquest. The fact that I was playing with a shitty team didn't help either.

I was surprised nobody on my gaf FL signed in with the exception of dreamgazer. I was hoping to get a big squad to try Atacama Rush (no way I'm playing that with randoms) but since nobody was on I went back to Conquest and played a bit with dream before I called it a night.

Great games today JM, Razor, and I'm sorry I forgot the other person.

Dominated so much that we had almost half of the enemy team play engineer to take us down. The last Bravo M-COM on Laguna Presa felt like blackhawk down type of situation. We had rockets flying at us from all direction and more engineers kept popping up arming their rpgs :lol

That was my highlight of the day.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Great games today JM, Razor, and I'm sorry I forgot the other person.

Dominated so much that we had almost half of the enemy team play engineer to take us down. The last Bravo M-COM on Laguna Presa felt like blackhawk down type of situation. We had rockets flying at us from all direction and more engineers kept popping up arming their rpgs :lol

That was my highlight of the day.

It was cjdunn. ;)

Yeah, I totally agree. That was the most funny part of the day by far. The best part was, we kept that same Bradley alive for 3 sets of M-COMs. Not bad for facing 12 engineers at once. :lol

Bradley down!

Shai-Tan

Banned
pp2000 was a bit OP until they nerfed it a little in this patch. I saw many using that in the last patch. now the uzi is the flavor of the month

cresto

New map pack looks good. Is it worth it to put this back in the ol' 360 and play again or is there still rubberbanding and terrible lag?

UFRA said:
It was cjdunn. ;)

Yeah, I totally agree. That was the most funny part of the day by far. The best part was, we kept that same Bradley alive for 3 sets of M-COMs. Not bad for facing 12 engineers at once. :lol

Bradley down!
They were literally running to our Bradley to set down landmines as I was gunning them down :lol

Glad we played BFBC2 today. I haven't played BFBC2 with ya in a long time.

TheSeks said:
Good games, Noise. Even if it was Hardocre Port Valadez Conquest (ugh)->Atacama Rush Softcore x2 (won both rounds)->Port Valadez Rush Softcore (won... both? I know we one the attack)->Atacama (WTF server rotation) Rush Softcore Attacking (and lost on the second set this time out)

Atacama is pretty fun, but yeah. The open M-COMs (like A first set) is really hard to get unless you have a team ready to push into it, which is hard with the defenders if they are good and spread out/multiples to where you can't sneak into the base and hold the M-COMs..

I'm a little disappointed it's just the Conquest map, compared to Laguna Alta and the like.

Yeah i have no idea why it gave the Conquest game on Hardcore even though i selected normal :(

Atacama is a fun map, things get really chaotic really fast. But it requires good teams to be enjoyable, since it can also get unbalanced really fast because of the open space.

scoobs

You guys talking bout the SMGs I seriously can't believe you guys aren't using the XM8-c! W/ magnum ammo its my favorite smg by FAAAAAAAAAR

the majority of my engineer time is spent with a shotgun, g3, m14 or garand, but i like the UMP and AKS :D

bean breath said:
That was me (eight quid). I absolutely hate Nelson Bay, reminds me of the snow maps in socom on ps2 but atleast that had night vision. That game was incredibly frustrating for me, I just could not break through their defenses. I didn't even see you use smoke until the end at B. When I was going to respawn and I saw that you were through their defenses, I thought "How in the fuck...?". Didn't realize you used smoke till you sent me the message, I thought you rambo'd your way through.

i feel like Mr. Owl now... "the world may never know..." ... or ... maybe i'll play on PS3 when i hit 50...

Shai-Tan

Banned
scoobs said:
You guys talking bout the SMGs I seriously can't believe you guys aren't using the XM8-c! W/ magnum ammo its my favorite smg by FAAAAAAAAAR

It depends on the play style. The SMG like PP2000 or Uzi have low spray, low spread, low innacuracy modifer for movement, i.e. great for hip shooting while circle strafing which tends to win in close range. If the other guy stops to shoot or sight then they are an easy head shot, if they also hip shoot they lose more often than not unless they have a head start or score head shots first

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
They were literally running to our Bradley to set down landmines as I was gunning them down :lol

Glad we played BFBC2 today. I haven't played BFBC2 with ya in a long time.

Yeah man, it was good to be back again.

I was only AWOL from BC2 for maybe a month at most, but in that time period you and Strike really jumped ahead of me in rank. Once I saw that I couldn't just let it go. So I'm slowly getting back into it again. :p

Plus I completed RDR 100% and so I no longer am consumed by that game.

I must say it was amazing how crappy the other team was today though. We only had 4 Gaffers at max, and we still dominated. Even when it was just you and me for the first few matches, we still dominated. Sure is fun winning 10+ games in a row. :lol

scoobs

Just played a few rounds before bed on PC I think I ended well.. 60-13 with the MG36 and 6600 points on the leaderboard :) I feel sorry for the guys I play against sometimes lol

The mg36 is the best medic gun in almost every situation now. Gotta love having a built-in red-dot sight so you can go LW pack or +Med.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Atacama Rush last MCom is epic. FREAKING EPIC!!!
Probably the best Rush map.

olimpia84

scoobs said:

Completely forgot about the XM8C. I like it a lot as well, I have a plat star for it. :D

scoobs

xtwo said:
i am in love with C4. blowing up tank with c4 is so much fun.
There truly is no better feeling than sneaking up behind an enemy tank when you have equipped :) its just so satisfying

I gave the uzi a second chance, I didn't like it before I don't like it now, I rather get the G3, the UMP45,the XM8C....probably spitting the enemy would be more effective too.

(with no magnum ammo, since for me being engineer it's about exploding things!!)

jayb said:
what's a "nade buggy"? I'm still fairly new to this game.

1. Get a buggy
2. Fill it with C4
3. Reach your target
4. ????
5. Profit

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gonna be playing tonight and a lot tomorrow. (No work tomorrow whoo!)

Marvie_3

Banned
Way late to this game but I've really been getting into the multiplayer over the last week. I hate some of the squads I get put in though. :lol

olimpia84

xtwo said:
i am in love with C4. blowing up tank with c4 is so much fun.

Even though is a bit harder, I prefer throwing the AT mines behind the tanks and blowing them up. I got a Team Kill yesterday by doing that in Laguna Presa :D

Spl1nter

XM8-C and 9A-91 is were it is at for engi weapons although the pp2000 is still decent.

Also C4 is great fun. I almost always have it over mortar.

Played last night for the 1st time in a long while. It was comforting to see that the game still quits me and my two buddies all the way out to the dashboard at the start of the round (happened twice in a row in fact.) In this ever changing world in which we live in, it's nice to be able to rely on EA servers to always be kind of shitty. (How did this game pass cert I'd like to know?)

Marvie_3

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Played last night for the 1st time in a long while. It was comforting to see that the game still quits me and my two buddies all the way out to the dashboard at the start of the round (happened twice in a row in fact.) In this ever changing world in which we live in, it's nice to be able to rely on EA servers to always be kind of shitty. (How did this game pass cert I'd like to know?)
It's EA.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
2nd time I have played on Arica Harbor rush and had a tank destroy all but 2 of the MCOMS from distance.

Jaffaboy

I've not played this game for a few weeks until the other night... I'd forgotten how awesome it is

M16 and XM8C all the way!

Neuromancer said:

I was having this issue on 360 and solved it by clearing my system cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom