• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caspel said:
Hey, to those who asked questions during last Friday's conference call I had with DICE, here are some of your answers"

Damn. What a complete non-answer to my UAV question. But thanks for asking :D

Should I get the PC version off Steam or get it retail? Or does it not really matter? If a game doesn't have DRM, I usually go for the retail copy. If there's a 3rd party DRM that's omitted on Steam, then I buy the Steam version.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Mr. Snrub said:
Damn. What a complete non-answer to my UAV question. But thanks for asking :D

Yeah, they had a third-party PR rep in the conference too, so even if he did answer it more honestly, I may have been told to scratch it lol.

Arcipello

well GT seems to be down, honestly have websites still not learned that you DO NOT have a countdown running for days that encourages people to swamp the site and overload it at a very specific time....internet suicide.

Technosteve said:
so what's the final word is steam going to preload the game tonight or should i just go and buy it retail tomorrow?

I work till 6 CST tomorrow, so I don't mind waiting...but this shit better be ready/preloadable by tomorrow morning.

dragonflys545 said:
030120101610.jpg

Couldn't resist, I told myself to wait. But i just couldn't, online is a blast to play just like the first game. Although i kinda wish they added new weapons. anyway the game rocks. :D

If anyone has the Ps3 version hit me up PSN: fireflys545

I bought it too heh. Ordered it from Amazon so it'll be here tomorrow, and I'm already on your friends list =P

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Anksta said:
When are the embargoes finishing? I want to see some reviews.

Embargo is for tomorrow, I think 9AM PST (not 100 percent sure since I'm not in the office to check the info).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Teknopathetic said:
"Oh my GOD."

Color me unimpressed. Well, actually, color me impressed that half a team was actually working towards the objective.
Was that a quote from me :lol ? I thought the motion blur was really impressive!

iam220

J_Fisherman said:
Hey guys how well can I run this game on the PC with these specs?

E4500 @ 2.75 GHz
2GB RAM
Winodws 7 Pro 64bit
9800gt

I'd be happy with medium settings as long as I get a stable fps in multilayer. :D

play with dx9 and you're good.

Voltron64

I got a call a couple hours ago from a nearby mom & pop game store letting me know that they got the game in and I could go pickup a copy. I must resist and wait for my amazon order tomorrow. ffffuuuuuuuu

RS4-

Olivero said:
Not sure if this was posted yet, but http://battlefieldbadass.com/
has tons of info on weapons and such.

lol, in the ps3 beta, couldn't you shoot someone on the shielded MG? Pretty sure I've done it before and it really pissed me off that it didn't work on the PC beta. Had to resort to shooting them in the feet if I didn't have an angle :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Olivero said:
Not sure if this was posted yet, but http://battlefieldbadass.com/
has tons of info on weapons and such.
This is awesome, thanks!

Edit - hmm it says that the first shotgun will be available at rank 5... In the demo it was rank 2 :( How will I ever get points to rank 5 without my shotgun?! I can't kill ANYONE with anything else.

LowParry

Alllllllrighty. Now that the PS3 has declared itself as Jesus, where the fuck now is the pre-load Steam? Who's to blame? DICE? Steam? I want some blood spilled!

So, I wake up from my afternoon nap and Steam still hasn't gotten it's act together?

This time better be spent preparing some backup Download servers, they better be, seeing as the Beta raped the DL servers.

Eric WK

Voltron64 said:
I got a call a couple hours ago from a nearby mom & pop game store letting me know that they got the game in and I could go pickup a copy. I must resist and wait for my amazon order tomorrow. ffffuuuuuuuu

Yeah, can't do it. UPS has a habit of not showing up until 5 or 6. Going to Walmart tonight at midnight and returning my Amazon copy there later in the week.

I'm sure I'll see you on tomorrow. Don't hesitate to invite.

Just bought like 5 Dr. Pepper's, in addition to the other promo codes I have, I should have some extra...will let you guys know tomorrow.

I'm comin in real late here, but I have kind of a weird console oriented question here. I ran out of Live, and recently got a PS3. Normally, this'd be a shoe in for getting the ps3 version, but Supers comin out in April and all my sticks are 360 only. Any particular advantages of one version or the other to kind of help me decide? Thanks guys.

Shawsie64

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Just bought like 5 Dr. Pepper's, in addition to the other promo codes I have, I should have some extra...will let you guys know tomorrow.

Oh sweet, id love any spare as dont think can get here in Australia

LowParry

Snapshot King said:
I'm comin in real late here, but I have kind of a weird console oriented question here. I ran out of Live, and recently got a PS3. Normally, this'd be a shoe in for getting the ps3 version, but Supers comin out in April and all my sticks are 360 only. Any particular advantages of one version or the other to kind of help me decide? Thanks guys.

Friendslist.

one thing great about dice/ea so far is, they've released DLCs free of charge. who now day's release map packs and mp modes free of charge? hats off to them.

hat's off the bioware too!

"one thing great about dice/ea so far is, they've released DLCs free of charge. who now day's release map packs and mp modes free of charge? hats off to them."

Valve. Epic. Relic. Tripwire. Futuremark Games.

Yoshichan

JB1981 said:
amazing footage, wish the console versions ran that well.
Added motion blur and contrast makes the videos look better.

Whoa, the MI24 sounds awesome.
Code:
SEAT	PROTECTION	WEAPON
Driver	     Partial	     Grenade Launcher
Gunner	     Partial	     Rockets
Passenger   Partial    Equipped Weapon
Passenger   Partial     Equipped Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom