• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

A mile? Yurp, that guy deserves to do a killcam teabag. (Farlangh is the only guy I've ever done it to and that's only after he somehow roadkilled me with an Apache that wasn't moving.

IceMarker

Mr. Snrub said:
Just bought like 5 Dr. Pepper's, in addition to the other promo codes I have, I should have some extra...will let you guys know tomorrow.
Bought 2 myself today. 1 for BF Heroes today and 1 for BC2 tomorrow! :D

Hardcore is mother fucking intense, Shit's fun as hell with no hud, maps and kill cam. Me and Graverobberx just had our first intense hardcore match. WE rocked the shit out of the opposing team, and all i have to say is FUCK!!!!!1!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dragonflys545 said:
Hardcore is mother fucking intense, Shit's realistic with no hud, maps and kill cam. Me and Graverobberx just had our first intense hardcore match, and all i have to say is FUCK!!!!!1!!!
Asking this again: What's the benefit? More exp each kill?

Yoshichan said:
Really, the guy killed him from a miles distance and tea bagged him from that far away with the kill cam? REALLY?

The guy isn't too bad now but he's a horrible sniper. Blackhawk just rotating in air with two door gunners, and the dude can't get one hit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mr. Snrub said:
Fun? :lol Personal preference, bud.
:lol Nooo, I didn't mean for my post to come out on a negative way! I was just asking, haha! Sorry!

basis

Mr. Snrub said:
Just bought like 5 Dr. Pepper's, in addition to the other promo codes I have, I should have some extra...will let you guys know tomorrow.
yeh would certainly like some as well. we can't get them over here :( sigh.

This stream is like showing the most stereotypical play ever. Spawning as Recon? Check. Standing 30 feet away from an armed crate? Check. Choosing to camp out and pwn some n00b with your awesome sniping skills (and miss the shot anyway) while the opposing team steam rolls yours? Check.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
holy shit, the blackhawk took a direct hit and the pilot and gunner went fucking flying OMFG that was just fucking epic!

Good lord, I just played a few hours of multiplayer. Didn't play the demo, so I'm kind of blown away. There are so many ridiculous things happening all the time.

I took the drone plane and flew it inside a building, killing three shocked enemies before a battle chopper who's pilot had been sniped to death by a teammate came crashing through a wall taking me out.

This game is EXCELLENT!

Yoshichan said:
:lol Nooo, I didn't mean for my post to come out on a negative way! I was just asking, haha! Sorry!
:D No harm done!

basis said:
yeh would certainly like some as well. we can't get them over here :( sigh.

No problem. I'd like to give the international peeps priority. I'll pick up some more tomorrow, in the spirit of DICEmas!

Yoshichan

FoxHimself said:
I took the drone plane and flew it inside a building, killing three shocked enemies before a battle chopper who's pilot had been sniped to death by a teammate came crashing through a wall taking me out.

This game is EXCELLENT!
Fuck me :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This guy kind of sucks. =/ Then again, I don't know what mode this is. Sound design seems crazy just based off the stream alone.

Damn, this makes me want to order that new PC. :lol

Mindlog

:lol

The M-Com alarm blaring away and 3 douchebags just sniping from the tower overlooking it. I feel like canceling my pre-order.

Taurus

dralla said:
that guy plays like a pussy. let me sit back and play DM yo. i hate people like that on my team
Agreed. Doesn't do objectives or spot enemies, doesn't move with squad, and dies all the time sitting in some bush/house/whatever.

Someone could do a video of "don't play BC2 like this kid does!"

Yoshichan

8 more hours until my local shop opens up!
I should go to bed :(

Steam still has no preload, im so disappointed, if the servers are going to get hit hard like on day one of beta it will take forever to download.

GhostRidah said:
Steam still has no preload, im so disappointed, if the servers are going to get hit hard like on day one of beta it will take forever to download.

Seriously. If nothing by noon tomorrow, I'm cancelling and using EA's.

I so wanted this to work out, Steam. Your new UI would have been wonderful with an BC2 link in it.

Chris R

No 4 packs via steam for this? Bah. Me and my brother are both going to get it, but I can wait if there isn't a quad pack for a better price. This will be my new PC shooter MP fix though, TF2 was getting somewhat stale :|

sk3tch

rhfb said:
No 4 packs via steam for this? Bah. Me and my brother are both going to get it, but I can wait if there isn't a quad pack for a better price. This will be my new PC shooter MP fix though, TF2 was getting somewhat stale :|

Don't ask me for a link (it was in this thread a day or two ago) - but I guess 4-packs are coming in a couple to a few weeks. I'm guessing that means no LE for 4-packs. It was from one of the DICE dudes twitter feeds.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well me and firefly destroyed the other team for a few crates, good lord the chaos

We squaded up together, played Hardcore Rush on the Lighthouse map

First it was us only 2 in the room, we destroyed crates + trees, but we were gaining xp lol

So he destroyed 5, I destroyed 5 we won the round, got our xp freely lol, and became defenders on same map

Next round 2 people on the other team join in on the fun, we go back and forth, stealing bradleys/atvs/and killing in the most awesomest ways possible

I was in the bradley, one of the others guys rushed to crate A, thinking hmm... a tank as a taxi, let me get there quick, I hijacked it, killed him, and firefly joined inside

Then the fun began, we just destroyed every cover possible, no place for him to hide
I shot off a round mid sky high (arc shot), hit a cliff that overlooks the map, just as I shot the dude was jumping off the cliff, I didn't see him, so I just saw a body fly in the air and do 2 barrel rolls, before landing to the ground, it was hilarious, firefly was like how you know he was there?, I was like, I didn't, blind fire/luck. good laugh

We even took the heli (apache) for a joyride, we went into the ocean straight towards the Battleship that's at sea, committed suicide lol

When we were defenders, it was pure war, amazing experience, and I made a new BFBC friend in firefly, had a blast

Hardcore is amazing, limited hud is amazing, you don't know your ammo count, no cross hairs, no mini-map

I think i'll be playing hardcore for a long time, only thing I was a little freaked out about, is the vehicles spawn to fucking quickly

I destroyed 10 Bradleys, 5 Apaches at our last base all by myself, I was fucking counting, and this was in a 15-25 minute span, that is too much

LOL, funniest shit me and firefly saw, he can attest to this, was a dude who camped the UAV, and only came when there was a vehicle available (Bradley/Apache for his kills), the first time I spotted the Apache, his name popped up, he went directly into the cliff, barrel rolled sideways, flipped the chopper backwards, fell to his death, and took out 3 of his buddies inside the Apache lol

Btw Rank 4, trying to get KDR to 2, @ 1.77

Chris R

sk3tch said:
Don't ask me for a link (it was in this thread a day or two ago) - but I guess 4-packs are coming in a couple to a few weeks. I'm guessing that means no LE for 4-packs. It was from one of the DICE dudes twitter feeds.
Cool. I don't mind waiting to jump in (my brother does, but he will just have to live with it :lol )

Mr. Snrub said:

I so wanted this to work out, Steam. Your new UI would have been wonderful with an BC2 link in it.

Good luck on canceling mr snrub. I've sent a message to Steam support yesterday and have yet to hear back from them.

Menelaus

Banned
What's the deal with all of the little Steamheads losing their shit over the fact that they don't have access to the same game all of us consoleheads still don't have access to?

burgerdog

Mr. Snrub said:

Wat? Is it possible to cancel a steam preorder? I got charged immediately after preordering Metro 2033.

Just thought id give my EA store pre-load another run, and it looks like that Day 1 patch is out (the updater runs before the release date check). Seems pretty sizable, taking a while to download on my 8Mb connection.

Volcynika

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
Good luck on canceling mr snrub. I've sent a message to Steam support yesterday and have yet to hear back from them.

It takes 3-5 business days for support to respond on average.

Menelaus said:
What's the deal with all of the little Steamheads losing their shit over the fact that they don't have access to the same game all of us consoleheads still don't have access to?

You realize that we have to download 5GB from servers that are being pounded with requests, then have to activate the game from similar servers, also being pounded with requests?

I guess you've never used Steam, but it's not quite as simple as you'd like to imagine.

cresto

Sorry for the fairly dumb question, but what is the point of that plane mowing down the road after the 2nd base is taken in the demo? Does someone control that or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom