• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menelaus said:
What's the deal with all of the little Steamheads losing their shit over the fact that they don't have access to the same game all of us consoleheads still don't have access to?
"steamheads" want to preload the game because we know how bad steam servers are on release of big games.

ergo said:
Sorry for the fairly dumb question, but what is the point of that plane mowing down the road after the 2nd base is taken in the demo? Does someone control that or ?

It's just for visuals. Take the planes in the first Resistance fall of man as an example.

LowParry

Fuck you Steam/DICE/EA....

I don't care who's fault it is, but the game is out tomorrow and there is still now pre-load. /rage of the titans

Mr. Snrub said:
You realize that we have to download 5GB from servers that are being pounded with requests, then have to activate the game from similar servers, also being pounded with requests?

I guess you've never used Steam, but it's not quite as simple as you'd like to imagine.

I'm sure he was just looking to piss on pc users a little.

As to Steam cancellations; I had BC2 preordered on Steam but then decided to go console and put through a cancellation service request (then built a new pc and decided to go with both). My cancellation was completed within 2-3 business days (with communication the day after my request was sent). I got the refund on my cc a few days after that. The policy with Steam is that you can't cancel once the game is released. i don't know whether that means as of the day of release, or as of the time that it is available for public d/l.

FYI for whoever that guy was raging that Steam wasn't unlocking the game until 6PM Eastern, the countdown now says 12PM Central/1 Eastern.

Edit: Correction!

DeadGzuz

Banned
I just got the Amazon ship e-mail, it says $56.99, nice, I thought it was $59.99. Now what to spend the $20 on? Just Cause 2?

KaYotiX

Banned
Ogs said:
:lol

Just had a look on the server browser (no empties, ranked + punkbuster)..... 20 people playing split between 2 servers :lol

Now do i jump straight into multi, or do the old fashioned SP first.....

Who buys a BF game and actually plays SP?? LOL!!!! :lol :lol

Ogs said:
:lol

Just had a look on the server browser (no empties, ranked + punkbuster)..... 20 people playing split between 2 servers :lol

Now do i jump straight into multi, or do the old fashioned SP first.....

Oh man, you better be shitting me. You dl from EA?

Aesius

DeadGzuz said:
I just got the Amazon ship e-mail, it says $56.99, nice, I thought it was $59.99. Now what to spend the $20 on? Just Cause 2?

Damn you!!

I put in my order late today, like 2 p.m. CST. Praying it ships soon. I NEED this game tomorrow.

logen9999

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
You realize that we have to download 5GB from servers that are being pounded with requests, then have to activate the game from similar servers, also being pounded with requests?

I guess you've never used Steam, but it's not quite as simple as you'd like to imagine.

way to remind me. i bought it off steam the other night and now i realize i should of just taken a walk to one of the hundreds of stores in manhattan that sell games and bought it.

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Wait, can I still go by Gamestop and reserve a limited edition? Are they staying open until the midnight launch? It's 9 PM EST here.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Are they staying open until the midnight launch? It's 9 PM EST here.
Mine is, give them a ring on the telie to find out if they're doing it where you live.

So I just got my game payed off and I guess they're doing a midnight launch here, I wasn't expecting that. I'll be getting my copy is less than 3 hours, so nice. If any PS3 players be on tonight give Snug a holla.

Shawsie64

Banned
Snuggler said:
Mine is, give them a ring on the telie to find out if they're doing it where you live.

So I just got my game payed off and I guess they're doing a midnight launch here, I wasn't expecting that. I'll be getting my copy is less than 3 hours, so nice. If any PS3 players be on tonight give Snug a holla.

sztxck.jpg

Give snug a holla!
=P

AndyD

aka andydumi
Smokey said:
Why hasn't my Amazon copy shipped :(

hmm... same here. and i have prime with release day delivery. It still says scheduled for 3/2 delivery. Ill be at work til 5-6 so I hoe it makes it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
AndyD said:
hmm... same here. and i have prime with release day delivery. It still says scheduled for 3/2 delivery. Ill be at work til 5-6 so I hoe it makes it.

Same here for ps3.

I really, really hope my first experience with Amazon Prime release day delivery isn't a disappointment. I figured I would get a tracking number email, but all I see when I log into my account is "Shipment #1: Shipping Soon "

I have a bad feeling about this.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
RbBrdMan said:
Same here for ps3.

I really, really hope my first experience with Amazon Prime release day delivery isn't a disappointment. I figured I would get a tracking number email, but all I see when I log into my account is "Shipment #1: Shipping Soon "

I have a bad feeling about this.

Don't worry prolly 1 day airing it to you lol

Steam just released a new client update. Could very well be in preparation for the pre-load, as they did the same with Mass Effect 2 in January.

*Fingers crossed*

Volcynika

Anksta

I'm now leaning towards a "buy" for this game (PC). I hope the multiplayer community is big in Australia.

:lol @ all the people complaining about Steam. People seem to love it when the sales are on but when its a few hours late for release, there is so much hate. I don't get it.

If I get it, it'll be on Steam for sure.

PS: Smart move by EA by releasing it on their service first. I doubt the public will applaud them for it but their probably making an extra $7 per copy.

DietRob

Anksta said:
I'm now leaning towards a "buy" for this game (PC).

If my copy doesn't arrive from amazon tomorrow this is what I'll be doing.

sdornan said:
My Amazon order also still hasn't shipped.

FUUUUUUUUUU.gif
There must be some sort of problem. Has anyone's copy shipped from Amazon yet?

I'm scared and confused.

KaYotiX said:
Who buys a BF game and actually plays SP?? LOL!!!! :lol :lol

Well, it actually has a proper SP for once on the PC :p

On the third mission of the campaign now. Graphics look slick and *fuck yea* mouse aim is rock solid in DX11.

Time for some MP :D

We are fixing some silly configuration errors with the Steam version right this minute. Given that we are trying to make the game release in the US in about 2.5h preloading for that region will make a minimal difference...

Silly configuration errors? The hell is this Mickey Mouse horse shit? Way to completely and utterly drop the ball, DICE and EA.

Real convenient how the EA Store pre-load went off without a fucking hitch.

cresto

Do medics get healed by their own med packs? Whenever I saw a teammate throw one down i never saw their health regen

Steam & preloads - Still working on it. We are fixing some silly configuration errors with the Steam version right this minute. Given that we are trying to make the game release in the US in about 2.5h preloading for that region will make a minimal difference, but if possible we'll do it for regions with a later release date
Wait, so it's launching at midnight rather than 1 PM?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
pixel monkey said:
Silly configuration errors? The hell is this Mickey Mouse horse shit? Way to completely and utterly drop the ball, DICE and EA.

Real convenient how the EA Store pre-load went off without a fucking hitch.

Well, it is plausible. I am sure that it is much easier to configure a game on your own system than someone else's. As Sony has shown today, shit happens with technology.

DietRob

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order. Your order is being shipped and cannot be changed
by you or by our customer service department.

15i2cs4.gif

belvedere

Junior Butler
Damn you Steam.

FUCKING damn you.

Edit:

Teknopathetic said:
It's definitely sounding like the Steam release is supposed to hit at midnight.

Slightly less of a damn, but still DAMN you steam. Less DAMN you.

DietRob

belvedere said:
Damn you Steam.

FUCKING damn you.

Edit:

Slightly less of a damn, but still DAMN you steam. Less DAMN you.

So what is the deal? I've never really bothered with Steam the PC games that I do get I buy physical copies of. Do they let you download it early then wait to email you the key at midnight?

Or, do they just open it up for download at midnight?

If the latter that sucks big time. I imagine their servers will take a pretty decent knock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom