• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Damnit I just called my local Gamestop and they're not having a midnight launch for this.
I'm tempted to pick it up at Wal-Mart tonight, but would I not get whatever pre-order bonuses I would get with my Gamestop copy?

RS4-

The first run of PC BC2s are all limited editions. Called my local EB and they said they have enough for walk-ins, since most of the pre's were for console.

I suggest you try calling yours depending on which version you're looking for.

Wthermans

Banned
BigKaboom2 said:
I want to believe this but in my imagination I've always pictured Valve being the ones to pull the trigger on a release rather than the dev. Maybe there are still people working at 9 PST.
Given the giant debacle this game has caused, I would not be surprised if Valve still has some people ready to flip the switch (if they are, in fact, the ones that control it).

Volcynika

Wthermans said:
Given the giant debacle this game has caused, I would not be surprised if Valve still has some people ready to flip the switch (if they are, in fact, the ones that control it).

What debacle?

naib

Crap. Thanks.

Almost pre-ordered the 360 version, but didn't.. Add deflorist to SteamGAF please!
Have mic, will fight.

Wthermans

Banned
Peronthious said:
Servers are bit light now, but there's enough 30 man ones to have a decent match going. Multi is intense :D The horns are annoying, though.

And they didn't "fix" the hit damage, I still feel like I'm shooting into sponges.
Welcome to the BF series. You must be new here.... :D

Honestly this is how it's always been in Battlefield and I don't see it ending anytime soon. Just be happy you have slightly better netcode than BF1942/BFV/BF2/BF2142.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Gully State said:
Do I absolutely have to preorder to get the limited edition or can I just pick it up in store tomorrow?

I am sure you can get the LE tomorrow in-store as well.

Wthermans

Banned
BloodySinner said:
You must have not played the console versions, because it's nothing like that. It's only on PC for whatever reason.
I've played BC1 and MC, but compared to games like COD, players are still a bullet sponge. :)

RotBot

I'll take Valve at its word that it isn't going to release the Steam version for (at least) another 14 hours. I have VNC set up so I can start the download from work.

Wow, seeing some of the videos on youtube really surprised me. Haven't played a BF game since 1942 and this is really tempting. Might be time to trade in a couple games.

Anyone know of any decent justin.tv live streams or amazing youtube videos to keep my hype train running?

Edit: Ah someone just posed one. Much appreciated sir.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pennybags said:
I've never preordered from Gamestop before.

Will they allow my friend to use my receipt to pick up the game for me?

Usually they check for ID if I remember correctly, but maybe they're just more strict at mine.

Anyways, I'm out in about 10 minutes to pick up my copy

Hype.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Peronthious said:
And they didn't "fix" the hit damage, I still feel like I'm shooting into sponges.

Fuck sakes. The console version is *nothing* like this. I tried the 360 version just to see and it felt soooo much better in regards to the lethality of the weapons.

Rhino

Teknopathetic said:
"noooooooooooo"

Okay, you guys can go back to raging now.

pVx1S.jpg

Man, I really wish I could get this game tomorrow. :(

I could trade in MW2 for it, but I still wouldn't be able to pay the difference. Ugh...

Have fun, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom