• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

suplex

fernoca said:
How's the packaging of the "Limited Edition"?

I got the PC version, it's just a regular DVD case that says limited edition at the top. Card inside with the code for the extra unlocks.

That battlefield veterans page is still broken. For some reason I can't even access my soldier on the 1943 website. This entire set up of needing to have played a previous BF game in order to unlock certain weapons sounds good on paper. The problem is the whole things been broken ever since they mentioned it. I'd go out and rent BC1 just to add that to my profile but I don't trust that to work either.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Jtrizzy said:
Stupid fucks at Gamestop didn't have their barcodes set up, so no aks/sqaud rush mode for me tonight. The manager of the store fucking handed me an email from his regional manager and asked me to help him figure it out:lol

Gamestop is easily one of the most incompetent corporations I have to deal with on a regular basis.

Anyways, I'll be on in a few hours. I'm going to play at a friends house on 360 then come home for the triple.

Sounds like that location kinda sucks.

I went to the midnight launch at GS near me. Got there at 11:50, they were already selling the game, lol. Not sure how they pull that off as I thought the system wouldn't let them. Anyway, I was near the end of the line. The manager said they had about 30 people come in for the launch.

Seems the new manager there is actually on the ball about pre-order bonuses and such. He had the squad rush cards and the tournament info ready to go with each copy. Unlike the old manager who didn't really give a fuck about any of that stuff.

Time to install!!!!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How are the campaign's environments/colors? I found BC1's graphics to be nice, but very bland and unexciting.

Dennis

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
How are the campaign's environments/colors? I found BC1's graphics to be nice, but very bland and unexciting.
Very good.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

All settings at maximum, 8xAA, 16xAF, HBAO is on, DX10. Resized from 1600p to 1050p.

Performance: 30-35 fps most of the time with 8xAA. If lowered to 4xAA I get about 45-60. Turning HBAO off also increases fps greatly.

Striker

Son of Godzilla said:
What the flying fuck @ having to enter dashes to redeem the vip code.
You don't have to.

I only finished two of the first missions. Pretty good so far, as its my first BC campaign experience. Jungle level is gorgeous.

RainbowByte

Neo Member
alr1ghtstart said:
Campaign has really good environment variety and color variance, its pretty good at avoiding being too monochromatic. The amount of destructible environment is awesome too.

gillty

Banned
relax guys not even steams fault
-VP- Battlefield Community Mod said:
Just got info from EA CS that BFBC2 cant be access on PC till March 2nd 10AM PST so everyone around the world needs to wait.
-VP- Battlefield Community Mod said:
Bloody EA CS! you can play already!!! And they said march 2 10am pst

xclaw

DennisK4 said:
Very good.

All settings at maximum, 8xAA, 16xAF, HBAO is on, DX10. Resized from 1600p to 1050p.

Performance: 30-35 fps most of the time with 8xAA. If lowered to 4xAA I get about 45-60. Turning HBAO off also increases fps greatly.

*snip*

o...m...g...

Waiting till tomorrow for my copy is killing me here.

Rhino

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PRELOAD STEAM!

PLFrontier-1.png

DennisK4 said:
Very good.

*Jaw drops*

Stunning. Crysis dethroned?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
BravoSuperStar said:
*Jaw drops*

Stunning. Crysis dethroned?

Nah. There are some *very* good looking spots in BC2, but Crysis is still king overall. The sound in BC2 is amazing, though.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Zefah said:
Nah. There are some *very* good looking spots in BC2, but Crysis is still king overall. The sound in BC2 is amazing, though.

Dude and the way the environment gets destroyed but holy fucking shit the sound is fucking INSANE IN BF2BC

ME WANT!!!!!

TheExodu5

Banned
IQ-wise, for the performance, Crysis is very much dethroned. I wonder how those DX11 shadows will look. I'll have to judge the DX10 ones myself once my game unlocks in about 10 hours. I ran with them on low since I wanted all the frames I could get for multiplayer.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I would donate a left nut for a PC that can run that shit like that.

The gameplay is just so fucking immersive because of the environment and sounds.. Jesus fuck.

DICE you are gods, I can only IMAGINE what the game will be like a in a few months with expansion packs and new patches for performance and extra shit and LITTLE BIRDS OMFG.

Dennis

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
IQ-wise, for the performance, Crysis is very much dethroned. I wonder how those DX11 shadows will look. I'll have to judge the DX10 ones myself once my game unlocks in about 10 hours. I ran with them on low since I wanted all the frames I could get for multiplayer.
That is an important point - the performance you get with BFBC2 at a very high IQ is excellent. Obviously, DICE know what they are doing on PC...

RainbowByte

Neo Member
I'm a graphics whore, but christ, the sound is OMFG amazing. Feels like you are really inside a warzone with all hell breaking loose.
The way the sound tweaks out when you get shellshocked from mortars,grenades at close range is nuts

dLMN8R

Can anyone confirm if the server browser in the final PC version is drastically improved from the crap in the beta?

RainbowByte said:
I'm a graphics whore, but christ, the sound is OMFG amazing. Feels like you are really inside a warzone with all hell breaking loose.
The way the sound tweaks out when you get shellshocked from mortars,grenades at close range is nuts

The first game already sounded amazing, can't wait. Also remember to change audio to War Tapes from options!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
TheExodu5 said:

Are there any images or anything showing off DX11? I got a DX11 capable card, so I'll be sure to bump it up and see how it rolls. Got my new thermal in too, so I'll be working on that this weekend after my exams.

Mad Max

TheExodu5 said:

Crysis still looks way better, and performance is about the same for me 30fps-ish.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Is it just me, or is the gameplay faster than the demo?

Everyone should put GAF as the clan so we can identify each other.

Dennis

Banned
If anyone find out how to disable the crosshairs from the SP campaign, please post. I use the ironsights most of the time because goddammit those white crosshairs in the middle of the screen feels like cheating and makes hitting someone too easy.

Also, as theExodu5 have posted before, enabling HBAO introduces very noticeable mouse lag.

logen9999

Banned
steam not releasing a game exactly at midnight is no news. they did it with a few high profile games already. i dont expect to be playing this until tomorrow evening. that's if steam's servers aren't hammered.

so yeah, as to be expected.

dLMN8R

TheExodu5 said:
People said the same about Far Cry 2, and then they realized that Far Cry 2 performed so well because there was so little in the world that was actually dynamic, let alone persistent when you went back to some place an hour later.

Bad Company 2 looks positively gorgeous from these screens, I can't wait to play it tomorrow, but I can't imagine that the levels will have nearly the size or scope of something like Assault from Crysis.

Just look at something like this: http://syllogizing.com/images/bc2/bc2r-9.jpg

Seems to espouse the usual negatives that are apparent in every game with massive draw distances but Crysis.

Wthermans

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Steam fucked you all over? Damn... 15+ GB would be hard to swallow in a day's time...
Thankfully the game is only 6GB. Doesn't do anything to stop Steam's servers from being slammed more than a 2 dollar hooker though.

Konig94

Neo Member
I just got back from my Gamecrazy empty handed. They called me at about 6:00 pm Monday to tell me they would be having the game for sale at midnight. I showed up at 11:50 to an empty parking lot and a dimly lit Gamecrazy, waited ten minutes, and no one showed up. What the fuck? Those lying bastards. I even went up to the door, tried to open it, and knocked on the window, but as far as I could tell there was no one inside. This sucks; now I have to wait until 6:30 tomorrow night to play. :(

Salacious Crumb

shagg_187 said:
Steam fucked you all over? Damn... 15+ GB would be hard to swallow in a day's time...

It's actually been confirmed that its around 5.5GB. I hope the game will be available for pre-load for the rest of the world when the game is unlocked for you spoiled north Americans :p

Shawsie64

Banned
dLMN8R said:
People said the same about Far Cry 2, and then they realized that Far Cry 2 performed so well because there was so little in the world that was actually dynamic, let alone persistent when you went back to some place an hour later.

Bad Company 2 looks positively gorgeous from these screens, I can't wait to play it tomorrow, but I can't imagine that the levels will have nearly the size or scope of something like Assault from Crysis.

Just look at something like this: http://syllogizing.com/images/bc2/bc2r-9.jpg

Seems to espouse the usual negatives that are apparent in every game with massive draw distances but Crysis.

The first major shootout in the snow level and you'll feel differently ;)

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Q9550 @ 3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR2, 4870x2.

1920x1200, 4xAA, 16xAF, HBAO - averaging between 50-60fps.

bfbc2game2010-02-2801-9qd4.png

bfbc2game2010-02-2801-30wc.png

Played 4 hours of retail multiplayer. Really enjoyed it. Hit level 5. Only problem is I'm using 3rd party VGA cable and it looks like shit. Cant wait to see it on my tv tomorrow.

Doomslayer said:
It's actually been confirmed that its around 5.5GB. I hope the game will be available for pre-load for the rest of the world when the game is unlocked for you spoiled north Americans :p

5.5GB is good news. How come it says that it requires 15GB of free space for DD and 10GB for Disc-based?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom