• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood the concept of talking trash to the person streaming the game on jtv, I mean do you want him to stop streaming? People are dumb.

Rant over.

I'd REALLY like someone on the 360/PS3 and PC to do some tests to test the whole bullet damage thing. I have a feeling its BS and the damage model is the same.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
I'd REALLY like someone on the 360/PS3 and PC to do some tests to test the whole bullet damage thing. I have a feeling its BS and the damage model is the same.

Maybe people don't realize the PC version doesn't have auto-aim :lol

Sonavabitch... stupid Gamestop employee told me the game was doing the midnight release on Tuesday/Wednesday, not Monday/Tuesday. Guess I'm going to have to stay up and pick up the game, even though I'm exhausted.

blahness

RotBot said:
I guess a one-time-use free trial of that is easier in this case.
The free trial is for the pro service which gets you prnter redirection and local he'd acess. After that's over you can still connect and remote controll

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
blahness said:
The free trial is for the pro service which gets you prnter redirection and local he'd acess. After that's over you can still connect and remote controll

Indeed, LogMeIn free is Free eternal (and worth its digital weight in digital gold).

Ysiadmihi said:
Yeah I guess everyone just attracts bullets like a giant magnet in the console versions. Either that or the bullet spread is less for some strange reason.

Edit: Oh yeah maybe the bullets are just magical.

I didn't really notice a difference between the two. It is possible that there's less bullet damage on the PC version to balance for the better controls instead of taking the less jank route and making weapons that actually have recoil.

Wthermans

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Console version of BC2 doesn't have auto-aim from what I've read. I could very well be wrong though as I don't completely trust the sources I got that from. :eek:

Teknopathetic said:
I didn't really notice a difference between the two. It is possible that there's less bullet damage on the PC version to balance for the better controls instead of taking the less jank route and making weapons that actually have recoil.
Well they did mention tweaking hit detection or whatever it was in the beta update. So there is definitely some kind of behind the scenes changes there.

mr_nothin

Banned
Sinatar said:
Fuck sakes. The console version is *nothing* like this. I tried the 360 version just to see and it felt soooo much better in regards to the lethality of the weapons.
I can agree with this. On the PC, it's like my bullets are flying everywhere and the console versions seem to have better hit detection.

Some of you may call that "easier" but to me it just feels off.

RotBot

blahness said:
Oh, nice. I'm switching to logmein then. They didn't have these fancy web services when I started using VNC 8 years ago.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Wthermans said:
Console version of BC2 doesn't have auto-aim from what I've read. I could very well be wrong though as I don't completely trust the sources I got that from. :eek:

It's there. I've played a good chunk of the PS3 beta and demo.

I remember turning it off in BC1 to see what it was like. You don't realize how much assist there is until you turn it off :lol

mr_nothin said:
I can agree with this. On the PC, it's like my bullets are flying everywhere and the console versions seem to have better hit detection.

Some of you may call that "easier" but to me it just feels off.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'd genuinely like to see a comparison of how many shots it takes to kill someone on console vs. PC.

I know that hitpoints and hitboxes are different, but it would still be fun to find out.

Had a blast with 1943 tonight for what could be the last time. Can't wait to pick up Bad Company 2 tomorrow. Going out and picking it up first thing in the morning.

If anyone wants to hook me up with some of those Dr. Pepper codes, that'd be cool.

Also, if DICE ever fixes the Battlefield Veteran site to allow you to link 1943...That'd be cool. Bad Company 2 doesn't currently work either but I'm chalking that up to the game technically not being out yet.

Also, quick noob question. Is there any sort of Co-Op in Bad Company 2? Like a Co-Op Campaign? Thanks in advance, I haven't paid much attention to anything except the multiplayer.

sozo

Game comes out in less than an hour and I'm still debating on whether to get this for the PS3 or 360. I like the 360's controller but the beta just looked better on the PS3. Also it looks like more people are picking it up for the 360. Any opinions from those who have played the retail versions which would be better to grab?

Coin Return

Loose Slot
There were about 20 people at my local GS midnight launch, bigger than I'd anticipated. Time for tacos while it installs on my 360.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
See you all on the battlefield tomorrow :D.

My GamerTag is RyoGCH if any of you see me on the battlefield tomorrow. I should be on close to all day. And uh...Hook me up with Dr. Pepper codes. And fix the Veteran site please. Haha thanks. Night all.

Wthermans

Banned
pixel monkey said:
Console version DOES have auto-aim. It's not as blatant as the COD series, but that's the difference you feel.

Ysiadmihi said:
It's there. I've played a good chunk of the PS3 beta and demo.

I remember turning it off in BC1 to see what it was like. You don't realize how much assist there is until you turn it off :lol
Interesting. Thanks for the info. :)

Devil Theory said:
I truly wish they'd eliminate all auto-aim forever. One of the worst consistent things in FPS games.
I'm waiting to try my codes even though DP said they would be active for BC2 redemption today. I want to tie my EA Account to my BC2 download before I try again.

naib

The justin.tv chat makes me feel bad inside.

Looking forward to trying the
M1 Garand
though.
Man, I love that gun.

Great still no pre-load on steam. Guess we are waiting until the game actually unlocks maybe then we will actually be allowed to download it. So I guess no one is going to play it today.

Hmm, if Gamestop is still doing their 50% extra TiV I might be taking Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3:GoTY, and Dead Rising up there to get BC2. Anyone know if the 25% extra for going towards BC2 will stack? If so I might be able to get a new microphone, w00t!

Jtrizzy

Stupid fucks at Gamestop didn't have their barcodes set up, so no aks/sqaud rush mode for me tonight. The manager of the store fucking handed me an email from his regional manager and asked me to help him figure it out:lol

Gamestop is easily one of the most incompetent corporations I have to deal with on a regular basis.

Anyways, I'll be on in a few hours. I'm going to play at a friends house on 360 then come home for the triple.

LowParry

Jtrizzy said:
Stupid fucks at Gamestop didn't have their barcodes set up, so no aks/sqaud rush mode for me tonight. The manager of the store fucking handed me an email from his regional manager and asked me to help him figure it out:lol

Gamestop is easily one of the most incompetent corporations I have to deal with on a regular basis.

Anyways, I'll be on in a few hours. I'm going to play at a friends house on 360 then come home for the triple.

Or just your store ;)

Just played a few matches on PSN. Conquest mode. I dont know the maps but man I love this game. Im actually a good Recon and I went 28-13 in two games and was top of my team both games. I love rushing tanks and throwing C-4 and lighting them up. My VIP code does not work but I think because the store is not up yet. Ill be playing this all year. This is the shooter ive been looking for.

Klocker said:
sorry no. the 10% edge card does though giving you 60

Yeah thanks man. I just remembered I have an edge card, with a bonus 2.87 on it! Looks like I might be picking this up tomorrow.

If anyone wants to add me on Xbox Live, I'd appreciate playing with someone who's played the series and could maybe show me the ropes.
GT: CriscoGiant

Edit: Oh yeah I keep seeing people references Dr. Pepper codes. Are these found under the cap/behind the label on any DP 20oz? What do they give you?

fernoca

zero margin said:
Pretty sure it's like a regular box but with a black limited edition stripe.

EDIT - maybe I misunderstood
No..yeah..that's what I'm wondering.
If it's just a regular cover with 'Limited Edition' writtten on top..or some slip-cover..or something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom