• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
DevelopmentArrested said:
Played 4 hours of retail multiplayer. Really enjoyed it. Hit level 5. Only problem is I'm using 3rd party VGA cable and it looks like shit. Cant wait to see it on my tv tomorrow.
I bought a 360 VGA cable from Monoprice for about $10, now it's $7, no problems with it. Where did you get yours?

Salacious Crumb

shagg_187 said:
5.5GB is good news. How come it says that it requires 15GB of free space for DD and 10GB for Disc-based?

I don't have the exact quote but one of the DICE reps said they have to come up with that figure months in advance, and that it also includes HDD space required for the installer cache (or something to that effect) which is not necessary for the DD version.

Jtrizzy

Was it mentioned that you have all dog tags from the demo? I've got somnium and jardel near the top of my list:lol

Anyone know what's up with the ingame store on PS3? It's unavailable for me.

If anyone wants to play it's jtrizzy on psn

Shawsie64

Banned
Man I wish I wasn't having girl-age problems, I really wanna play this but cant get in the mood to do any gaming :(

Gonna bust it tomorrow hopefully

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
That's very impressive performance for a game that looks that good. DICE came through on their promises to PC gamers, it seems.

Now if only they would put the preload up...

Never felt more worthless than as a medic without a fucking medpac. The level ones seem so gimped for anything not recon, no wonder there are tons of recon whores.

the lack of toggle for crouch/sprint is driving me nuts, and the only thing google returns on the issue is users who have come up with 15-line scripts to accomplish the task. the fuck? put this shit in the options menu.

Flek

Banned
blanky said:
Clantags and private matches (minimum of 8 players)

hm ok to bad that there isnt a system like in killzone 2 … but clantags > are they unlocked from the begining !?

Dennis

Banned
warbegins said:
the lack of toggle for crouch/sprint is driving me nuts, and the only thing google returns on the issue is users who have come up with 15-line scripts to accomplish the task. the fuck? put this shit in the options menu.
Agreed. Having to hold down a button for crouch is annoying - I crouch a lot in shooters.

Also, they need to put in an option to turn off crosshairs and HUD. I am having big trouble comprehending why this isn't an option. Whyyyyyyyy?

big_z

hows the framerate on the 360 version? is it a locked 30 or does it try to maintain 30?

maxed out this game is playable on a 9800gtx. it's not super smooth but it makes me wonder which version to get since turning down a few options might improve the framerate and still look better than the 360 version.

going to trade in MW2 for this on friday (waiting for bestbuy rewards to go through too). after watching the intro level shit im excited! didnt know metal gear was in the game!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Then turn some settings down, turn HBAO off and set Shadows to Medium and the game runs much better, or force dx9.

jamaniek

320638109.jpg

No, it's not Crysis.

big_z said:
hows the framerate on the 360 version? is it a locked 30 or does it try to maintain 30?

There was a performance video posted a while back that showed the framerate of the 360 and PS3 versions as they were running.

The 360 stayed at 30 most of the time, barely dipping down to 29. PS3 was more frequent.

UltimaPooh said:
There was a performance video posted a while back that showed the framerate of the 360 and PS3 versions as they were running.

The 360 stayed at 30 most of the time, barely dipping down to 29. PS3 was more frequent.
That's good to hear. :)

Jtrizzy

played both console versions tonight, and both look great. MP only btw. I am really impressed with how both run too. Netcode has been great, and I have a shitty internet connection.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry for the photobucket issue
I dont have internet at home (Damn Telefonica) right now. So its going to take me a while to fix it.

Again sorry :(
Ill move everything to tinypic as soon as i get my internet connection back.
SORRY!!!

MODS: Please dont ban me.

Ikuu

Ran out and bought a bottle of Coke and managed to get it for £20, got the key from my profile page and just waiting for the game to update now :D

Binabik15

Fuck, fuck, fuuuuuuuck!

I HATE you euro release date! Those pics are killing me :/ I hope my UK pre-order isn´t too long on its way.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, im at work. But im going to move everything to tinypic. Give me some hours though :lol
Dont ban me!!!

jamaniek

Binabik15 said:
Fuck, fuck, fuuuuuuuck!

I HATE you euro release date! Those pics are killing me :/ I hope my UK pre-order isn´t too long on its way.
The game is available in Poland so why it wouldn't be in UK? Make some calls and I'm sure you'll find a store with BC2 already on sale. :)

EDIT:
Chri3tos said:
Finally! :) Europe, 3 days before official release ;)

DSC00531.JPG
HAHA :D Exactly!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fersis said:
Ok, im at work. But im going to move everything to tinypic. Give me some hours though :lol
Dont ban me!!!
:lol

Fersis

The hell... every image i upload to tinypic is replaced by : 'This Image or Video has been moved or deleted'

:S

BigKaboom2 said:
Doesnt work. :/ (It says failed to upload image)
Ubuntu + Chrome issue?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fersis said:
The hell... every image i upload to tinypic is replaced by : 'This Image or Video has been moved or deleted'

:S
If the images are below 1mb, upload them on www.pici.se no need for registration. Press "Browse", choose the imagine than click "Ladda upp bilden".

Pennybags

sw33tclyde said:
Oh yeah I keep seeing people references Dr. Pepper codes. Are these found under the cap/behind the label on any DP 20oz? What do they give you?

14 oz., 16 oz., 20 oz., 32 oz. fountain cup, and 2 liter bottles.

You enter in a code on the Dr Pepper webpage, and then you can select a piece of downloadable content for several games.

The Bad Company 2 offerings are in the form of 4 different "kit upgrades" that give your chosen class a new skin and reskinned weapon.

The Medic gets a camouflaged M60.
Assault gets a camouflaged M16.
Engineer gets a camouflaged UMP (?)
Recon gets a reskinned M95.

Fersis

Ok, tinypic is not working right now. So ill try to fix everything tonight.
Again: Sorry V__V

Tokubetsu

Pennybags said:
14 oz., 16 oz., 20 oz., 32 oz. fountain cup, and 2 liter bottles.

You enter in a code on the Dr Pepper webpage, and then you can select a piece of downloadable content for several games.

The Bad Company 2 offerings are in the form of 4 different "kit upgrades" that give your chosen class a new skin and reskinned weapon.

The Medic gets a camouflaged M60.
Assault gets a camouflaged M16.
Engineer gets a camouflaged UMP (?)
Recon gets a reskinned M95.

Pics?

LowParry

-wakes up, brushes teeth, checks steam, nothing-

Chri3tos

Neo Member
jamaniek said:
The game is available in Poland so why it wouldn't be in UK? Make some calls and I'm sure you'll find a store with BC2 already on sale. :)

EDIT:

HAHA :D Exactly!

It's the Polish dubbed (optional) version, but it's in Hungary :)

Cynar

warbegins said:

they had toggle for crouch and sprint is just one button click, no need to hold the stick in. (Unless you're pc)

Mafro

jamaniek said:

Games come out on Fridays in the UK, unless it's a big game with the same worldwide release date.

Ikuu

Updated the game and you need to edit your settings.ini to change the FOV, played some desert map and it's really not built for Conquest. It's pretty much a straight line and from the few times I played it ended up with the 'attackers' pinned into their base and the defenders camped around A holding them back.

I did like how they didn't wipe all of the dog tags that you got from the beta.

196.75 Nvidia drivers are out.

32-bit Win7/Vista

64-bit Win7/Vista

This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

New in Version 196.75

* Adds support for Next Generation ION.
* Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.0.9.1 (for supported GPUs).
* Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

o Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
o Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
o Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
o Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
o Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
o Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology

* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
* Enhanced SLI support for World of Warcraft and Unigine.
* Adds Ambient Occlusion support for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Need for Speed: Shift, Resident Evil 5, RUSE, and Street Fighter IV.
* Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Fersis

So anyone could give me some details about Hardcore mode and private matches (PS3)?

Also: Mad props to Evilore for not banning me. :D

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fersis said:
So anyone could give me some details about Hardcore mode and private matches (PS3)?

Also: Mad props to Evilore for not banning me. :D

Who is this guy without an avatar??

Oh hey Fersis ... :lol

Yoshichan

RbBrdMan said:
Who is this guy without an avatar??

Oh hey Fersis ... :lol
My first thoughts :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom