• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
MrCompletely said:
I don't think you have to be as accurate with the spotting, I think they increased the cooldown. Here's what I've noticed (this could be wrong) - you can spot two or three guys at a time. If you kill one of the guys you spotted while he's still glowing on the map, your timer resets. If he gets killed by a team mate or lives through being spotted, you have to wait for the cooldown. The cooldown is significantly higher than it was in the demo.

Last night/this morning, I definitely couldn't just spam back and magically see where people were. I had times when I could see bullets coming from a point, put my crosshairs on it, hit back and nothing would happen to alert the rest of the team. I do agree the cooldown has been increased though.

reetva

Banned
Oh, jeez, I can't wait to get this. I'll probably snag it later today. I'm reetva123 on PSN, so go ahead and add me if you have the chance. What is with that gun people were using in the PC beta, by the way? It looked like a FAMAS, had the accuracy of a shotgun. Was it an actual shotgun? I couldn't tell. :lol

KittyKittyBangBang said:
I have like an hour of code inputs and downloading when I get home (GS pre-order+Dr Pepper add-ons)

Reminds me I need to go snag some DP's though I don't think you can enter those codes yet.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RbBrdMan said:
Hurry someone test it on console. I want to know if I can practice the choppa.
I was thinking the same thing! :lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fersis said:
I was thinking the same thing! :lol

By the time you get the game I'll be an expert. You can ride as my gunner.

Just be prepared to eject :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RbBrdMan said:
By the time you get the game I'll be an expert. You can ride as my gunner.

Just be prepared to eject :lol
Oh thats so funny,look how hard i laugh: T__T

Binabik15

From what I´ve experienced in the PS3 demo spotting doesn´t need to be toned down. Maybe one in a dozen guys (and girls, my very first game had a woman complaining about our lackluster team) would spot. And pulling of the combination of pressing select, evading an enemy AND shooting him with only two thumbs should be rewarded :D

But I´m cool with pretty much everything that DICE feels neccessary. Probably because of haxxor kiddies on pc mapping spotting on a rapid fire button on their gamzor mice or something.

So the Limited Edition unlocks. Are they unlocked automatically or do you have to put in a code?

Good news everyone who cares about this; got a call from Gamestop telling me Limited Editions are to be handed out first come, first serve, which I take to mean that it is properly limited and stores also have standard editions in stock. So if you prefer unlocking your stuff yourself, just try asking for that edition.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
VibratingDonkey said:
So the Limited Edition unlocks. Are they unlocked automatically or do you have to put in a code?

Good news everyone who cares about this; got a call from Gamestop telling me Limited Editions are to be handed out first come, first serve, which I take to mean that it is properly limited and stores also have standard editions in stock. So if you prefer unlocking your stuff yourself, just try asking for that edition.
For the PC I had to enter a code, joined a game and they were unlocked.
Binabik15 said:
From what I´ve experienced in the PS3 demo spotting doesn´t need to be toned down. Maybe one in a dozen guys (and girls, my very first game had a woman complaining about our lackluster team) would spot. And pulling of the combination of pressing select, evading an enemy AND shooting him with only two thumbs should be rewarded :D

But I´m cool with pretty much everything that DICE feels neccessary. Probably because of haxxor kiddies on pc mapping spotting on a rapid fire button on their gamzor mice or something.
Spotting needs to have it's cooldown decreased, it's so annoying when you see someone running across the screen and can't spot him as the game didn't pick it up the first time.

Wait, spotting cooldown is higher? Is that on consoles? Because I loved spotting every enemy while I were still parachuting down. Or is that PC version?

Bankoiia

I can't say I'm the biggest Battlefield fan, but I look forward to digging into the multiplayer when I pick up this game some time tomorrow! Didn't play the original Bad Company online though, so I don't really know what to expect yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

demolitio

Prophet Steve said:
Wait, spotting cooldown is higher? Is that on consoles? Because I loved spotting every enemy while I were still parachuting down. Or is that PC version?

I noticed it on consoles as I can't call out as many people because I spammed it too much in the beginning I guess. It would have been useful on Nelson Bay.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Thinking about picking this up for the PS3 on the 22nd. Don't really play haven't really played FPSes aside from Bioshock and Portal would this be a good introduction into a multiplayer environment?

Fersis

Again:

Its possible to have private matches without full teams?

demolitio said:
I noticed it on consoles as I can't call out as many people because I spammed it too much in the beginning I guess. It would have been useful on Nelson Bay.
Well thank you, that was actually a reason for me to buy the console version. I'm now very much in doubt, GAF try to convert me. I have a Xbox 360 and PC (2 GB RAM, 4770, Athlon X2 2.3 Ghz) and am in doubt what to buy.

PC version is cheaper, allows more players in a server, think more friends of my gonna play it on PC but my system can't handle the game very well (although didn't try lowering the settings, am pretty stubborn)

And I'm just a lot better on the console, partially of the morons which I go against, partially of the controller. Also play most of my games on console and I'm at least certain my 360 handles the game (relative horrible graphics aside).

Help me, and do you guys think my PC is gonna handle the game on the same or higher quality then the 360?

mbmonk

GAF PC Dedicated Server

IP: 69.12.54.9
Name: GAF + HAZZARD COUNTY
Game Mode: Conquest
Server Location: Atlanta, GA
Hardcore: off

The name of the server might change over time. So it's best to use the IP to join/add to favorites because that should stay static.

Let me know if you need more info.

Prophet Steve said:
Well thank you, that was actually a reason for me to buy the console version. I'm now very much in doubt, GAF try to convert me. I have a Xbox 360 and PC (2 GB RAM, 4770, Athlon X2 2.3 Ghz) and am in doubt what to buy.

PC version is cheaper, allows more players in a server, think more friends of my gonna play it on PC but my system can't handle the game very well (although didn't try lowering the settings, am pretty stubborn)

And I'm just a lot better on the console, partially of the morons which I go against, partially of the controller. Also play most of my games on console and I'm at least certain my 360 handles the game (relative horrible graphics aside).

Help me, and do you guys think my PC is gonna handle the game on the same or higher quality then the 360?

I had to make a similar choice ( and I have a similar PC setup) and chose 360 because my rig couldnt handle it well (Athlon X2 5200+, 4670, 2GB DDR2800) I had to make too many graphical sacrifices to make it justifiable.

You are obviously free to do what you like, but I played the crap out of the 360 demo and it plays great on console.

RS4-

k, thanks for the PC stuff.

And
bi9ssk.jpg

Not sure what to choose :lol

belvedere

Junior Butler
Prophet Steve said:

Is that Athlon X2 a 5000+ or higher? I ran the beta fine on medium settings with a X2 6000+, 4GB RAM and a 9800GT. Win 7 64 bit. And even medium looks 10x better than the PS3 demo I spent a lot of time with.

I think that guy just said the 360 had relatively horrible graphics. Lets save that for another day besides launch day people pleasssse.

I may have posted this before, but I am picking this up today if anyone wants to ball out online. I have a couple of friends I will be playing with.

PS3

PSN ID: Filth_Flannigan

sk3tch

Median said:
The entire first shipment is limited editions according to the email my EB store got.

Yeah, people - "Limited Edition" is just BS...it's really about launch day incentives (unlocks) to get folks to buy new right away (versus waiting for sales, used copies, etc.). You'll be able to buy "Limited Edition" copies for quite a bit of time after launch, I'd say.

belvedere said:
Is that Athlon X2 a 5000+ or higher? I ran the beta fine on medium settings with a X2 6000+, 4GB RAM and a 9800GT. Win 7 64 bit. And even medium looks 10x better than the PS3 demo I spent a lot of time with.
3800+

And did play the beta on both platforms, certainly won't be disappointed with either of the versions. But think I go for the 360 then since I'm not planning on upgrading my PC soon and don't have enough money for double dipping.

suplex

I did the online authentication, so if I ever use the DVD drive for something else, I don't have to waste 10 seconds and get the DVD out of the case.

I was playing 2142 the last week or so, and almost every time I started the game I would get the "please insert the dvd and resart application message" :lol

Pennybags

Fersis said:
Again:

Its possible to have private matches without full teams?

You need at least 8 total players, and I'm pretty sure someone who already has the game can confirm that at least 1 player must be on the opposing team, like in Battlefield 1943.

Aesthet1c

mbmonk said:
GAF PC Dedicated Server

IP: 69.12.54.9
Name: GAF + HAZZARD COUNTY
Game Mode: Conquest
Server Location: Atlanta, GA
Hardcore: off

The name of the server might change over time. So it's best to use the IP to join/add to favorites because that should stay static.

Let me know if you need more info.

Man I really wish my PC could handle this (I've been a PC BF player since 1942), but I don't want to be playing this game on the lowest settings just to get reliable framerates.

I'll be throwing down on the 360 if anyone wants to add me: A3sth3t1c

demolitio

Prophet Steve said:

The full game on PC was optimized a lot more than the beta and I could run it at 60 fps at some points, but the destruction would knock me down into the 20's with my 4850 and my quad core 9850 which annoyed me so now I'm doing SP on PS3. Graphically, they both look very similar except for AA and the normal differences and 24 or 32 players, this game is a blast. You can't even tell that there's less people just because it's still so chaotic and hard to arm the charges on some maps.

I would say go where you you have the most friends to play with, just because this game is 20x better in a full squad. Surprisingly, I've been running into a lot of people with mics on PS3 and some of them are now on my friends list after being the top 2 guys for 4 maps in a row. :lol

jeffisbiking

Neo Member
Just bought/pre-ordered on Steam, so when I get back from work, I'll be waiting on this to download, the GAF hype sold me on this as I was on the fence about getting it. I really enjoyed the 360 demo even if I was awful at it (I'm no good with the dual analog sticks, give me a mouse and keyboard any day).

I may post some screenshots, because this should look great on my system (Core i7 920, 6gb DDR3 1600, 2xGTX 275, will be running at 1900x1200), some of the other screens I've seen have got me drooling.

demolitio said:
The full game on PC was optimized a lot more than the beta and I could run it at 60 fps at some points, but the destruction would knock me down into the 20's with my 4850 and my quad core 9850 which annoyed me so now I'm doing SP on PS3. Graphically, they both look very similar except for AA and the normal differences and 24 or 32 players, this game is a blast. You can't even tell that there's less people just because it's still so chaotic and hard to arm the charges on some maps.

I would say go where you you have the most friends to play with, just because this game is 20x better in a full squad. Surprisingly, I've been running into a lot of people with mics on PS3 and some of them are now on my friends list after being the top 2 guys for 4 maps in a row. :lol
So you have a quad core and still got framerate issues with destruction. Seems to me I don't stand a chance. Although having way more friends on PC version this time, seems I have to go with the 360 version (the mic is a plus luckily).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom