• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
My dog started going crazy.

*Runs to check front door.*
Amazon box sitting on porch.
*Dances on porch and provides much entertainment to the neighbors*

Now I'm supposed to be working from home for the next 5 hours.... hmm...

RS4-

So uhh, server browser I see 3 servers even on refresh with various settings checked.

And quick join...for whatever reason takes me to a server that reqs a password :lol

edit - wow nm, it's because I didn't upgrade to a newer version of the game. Wtf

Picking it up for 360 this afternoon, didn't play the first one but played 1943 and enjoyed it, I'm not a fan of modern warfare 1 or 2, and I still play the original Rainbow 6 vegas a few times a week. I'm very interested in how much I'm going to enjoy it.

gamertag: homerj312

Pennybags said:
You need at least 8 total players, and I'm pretty sure someone who already has the game can confirm that at least 1 player must be on the opposing team, like in Battlefield 1943.

well that simply means if you see me get in the helicopter you better not follow, gonna be trimming some tree tops!

Binabik15

Can you use the PSeye as a mic?

Otherwise I might be able to get an unused bluetooth headset from my dad, don´t really want to buy one for one game.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
jeffisbiking said:
Just bought/pre-ordered on Steam, so when I get back from work, I'll be waiting on this to download, the GAF hype sold me on this as I was on the fence about getting it. I really enjoyed the 360 demo even if I was awful at it (I'm no good with the dual analog sticks, give me a mouse and keyboard any day).

I may post some screenshots, because this should look great on my system (Core i7 920, 6gb DDR3 1600, 2xGTX 275, will be running at 1900x1200), some of the other screens I've seen have got me drooling.

you son of a... give me your pc :( :lol

Pennybags

It would be nice if us console-bound BattlefieldGAF players could organize a weekly private match night, similar to how folks on the Halo threads hold Custom Games.

It would probably have to wait until after everyone gets tired of unlocking things in ranked games...

EDIT: Just think about it- an all GAF game! The PC players shouldn't have to be the only ones to experience something like that!

mrwilt

RbBrdMan said:
My dog started going crazy.

*Runs to check front door.*
Amazon box sitting on porch.
*Dances on porch and provides much entertainment to the neighbors*

Now I'm supposed to be working from home for the next 5 hours.... hmm...

Just picked mine up from Gamestop. I work from home too, so this is really going to test my discipline.:lol

psn: mrwilt

belvedere

Junior Butler
Binabik15 said:
Can you use the PSeye as a mic?

Otherwise I might be able to get an unused bluetooth headset from my dad, don´t really want to buy one for one game.

Yes, and the mic works at a surprising distance too. It's just not the same quality of course.

The closer the clearer though.

U2NUMB

mrwilt said:
Just picked mine up from Gamestop. I work from home too, so this is really going to test my discipline.:lol

psn: mrwilt

I am about to leave work to pick up the game (I also work from home) and I will be in the same position. I have one of my 360s connected to my work monitor and its sitting right here... all I have to do it push a button.. I must resist the urge till 4pm!!!

iMike76 said:
What's up with stat tracking? I got to level 2 last night and this morning it still says I'm at level 1.

The Game Informer article says that it has some issues with the stat-tracking not updating very quickly, but its seemed fine in the demo. Do you still have your level 2 unlock?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I think now is a good time to remind everyone to post your Network ID's in the Online thread. I'll be adding a ton of PSN gaffers tonight. I'll look to that thread to do so.

Console Matchup Thread.

kaskade

I have an essay due in my professors email by 11:59 tonight. I'm at work now. Luckily I can get some of my essay done while working. I will not allow myself to play the game until I submit the paper. The only way I will get my procrastination under control.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Why do I need to wait for a map to load before I can quit a game, and it's good to see the people playing the game are still completely fucking clueless and don't res people.

LowParry

belvedere said:
Do we know if it will autodownload once it's unlocked, or is that the same as preload?

I have no idea what's going to happen. Just on the Steam page for the game, it says that it will unlock within an hour.

keyrat

belvedere said:
Yes, and the mic works at a surprising distance too. It's just not the same quality of course.

The closer the clearer though.

Should be noted that if your PS Eye is too close to your speakers or your mic sensitivity is too high in the system settings you will be broadcasting the game's sound effects and an echo to everyone in your squad, which is a nuisance.

belvedere

Junior Butler
CcrooK said:
I have no idea what's going to happen. Just on the Steam page for the game, it says that it will unlock within an hour.

Yeah, just saw someone post that on the Steam boards. I'm just hoping it will be done downloading by the time I get home from work.

I'd hate to come home then spend the entire evening waiting on it to download.

AndyD

aka andydumi
mbmonk said:
GAF PC Dedicated Server

IP: 69.12.54.9
Name: GAF + HAZZARD COUNTY
Game Mode: Conquest
Server Location: Atlanta, GA
Hardcore: off

The name of the server might change over time. So it's best to use the IP to join/add to favorites because that should stay static.

Let me know if you need more info.

Nice. Maybe turn off killcam. I think it improves the experience without it.

Also, this 10 PC limit does not mean you can use more than one machine at once right?

RedSwirl

Is there any way to try this game out on PC without paying full price? I've never played Battlefield and am concerned about how the game might run. I usually take benchmarks with a grain of salt.

AndyD

aka andydumi
RedSwirl said:
Is there any way to try this game out on PC without paying full price? I've never played Battlefield and am concerned about how the game might run. I usually take benchmarks with a grain of salt.

There was a beta which is now over. It was a full level of MP with no restrictions. I dont know if they will have a demo though.

mbmonk

AndyD said:
Nice. Maybe turn off killcam. I think it improves the experience without it.

I agree, but with everyone being so new to the game/maps I am going to run it at stock/standard settings for awhile. Let people get used to it.

Eventually I would like to run it in hardcore mode.

RedSwirl said:

What're your specs?

mYm|17|

getting Battlefield from UPS any time soon now and I just ordered MLB 10: The Show.......dear god

I hate buying games :lol

ryanyhc

Neo Member
mbmonk said:
I agree, but with everyone being so new to the game/maps I am going to run it at stock/standard settings for awhile. Let people get used to it.

Eventually I would like to run it in hardcore mode.

win.

D6AMIA6N

Had left over credit of $30 at GS. Decided to get this for 360. I was impressed with demo, but had no idea how to play. I was playing too much like MW2, and it was not working. So sick of that type of multiplayer. I'm psyched to coordinate and shit with a team. Please add me, D6AMIA6N, I'll be on line a bit tonight maybe, but Friday I have off and will be on all day! YAY!

Taurus

Still can't add BF1943 in the battlefield veteran page. :(

About 40 hours or so until I get this baby into my hands. :p~~

Jrmint

Played the first couple missions. Pretty fun so far.

The end of the 2nd mission is a little annoying with the vehicle gameplay, but pretty fun nonetheless.

Skel said:
Played the first couple missions. Pretty fun so far.

The end of the 2nd mission is a little annoying with the vehicle gameplay, but pretty fun nonetheless.

Yeah I played the first bad company on hard and really liked it but this one makes me leary to play it on anything above normal because of all the vehicle/rail levels I've heard about.

Taurus said:
Still can't add BF1943 in the battlefield veteran page. :(

About 40 hours or so until I get this baby into my hands. :p~~
FWIW, it recognized my 1943 from PSN on my 360 when I loaded the game up. It doesn't show anything on the veteran site. It seems they know somehow.

Wthermans

Banned
mbmonk said:
So much for that 'Server Browser Upgrade' in the final version :lol
Maybe they'll patch it in. :(

Oh who I am kidding. Their producer doesn't even know the heli and uav controls are inverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom