• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer rebooted in the middle of the night after i shut it down, it scared the shit out of me =(. I think it wants me to play BFBC2 or i have a virus or someone is remote wake up my puter.

LowParry

Well then. I'm going to do a store run for some soda. Fucking pre-load better be up when I bet back. Otherwise I'm playing DoWII instead since DICE/Steam/EA doesn't want me to play. Assholes.

AndyD

aka andydumi
D6AMIA6N said:
Had left over credit of $30 at GS. Decided to get this for 360. I was impressed with demo, but had no idea how to play. I was playing too much like MW2, and it was not working. So sick of that type of multiplayer. I'm psyched to coordinate and shit with a team. Please add me, D6AMIA6N, I'll be on line a bit tonight maybe, but Friday I have off and will be on all day! YAY!

Watch this before you jump on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
CcrooK said:
Then you know the correct answer to your question. :D

Ahh.. but my lack of KB/M skills will make me someone's bitch.. I don't want to be bitch'd.

CcrooK said:
Well then. I'm going to do a store run for some soda.

D..D..D..D.. Dr. Pepper, nothing better.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Classes are almost over argh. I NEED THIS.

Topher said:
Just hand DICE the crown already.
Well the scores seem lower then Modern Warfare 2, but I can't take scores above the 8 seriously anymore. After a few months it will be clear that bad company 2 is the winner.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can anyone confirm if you can play the hardest difficulty right away?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Is the game available on UK Steam yet ie. fully unlocked and ready to download??
No, though anyone who bought/buys the game from Steam is a fool. You can get it for £20 from the EA Store compared to £35 from Steam.

Salacious Crumb

Available for pre-load outside the us :)

Ahhhh its nice to have access to a filtered server.

a3p2k6.png

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Prophet Steve said:
Well the scores seem lower then Modern Warfare 2, but I can't take scores above the 8 seriously anymore. After a few months it will be clear that bad company 2 is the winner.
I agree. In the end, I think the critical overall score is going to be better.

Aesthet1c

RedSwirl said:
8800GT 512MB
Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz
3GB RAM
1440 x 900 monitor
I'll probably run it in DX9 without AA.

Does it run acceptably on that? My system is pretty close to what you have, and I've seen people posting rigs better than mine with framerate issues on medium details. That's what pushed me to get it on console :(. I might have to double dip now...

Topher said:
I agree. In the end, I think the critical overall score is going to be better.
I don't actually think the score will be higher, just the opinion of people (like GTA IV got higher scores then other GTA's but now most people seem to agree it's not the best). Big thing called hype and everything.

RedSwirl said:
8800GT 512MB
Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz
3GB RAM
1440 x 900 monitor
I'll probably run it in DX9 without AA.

Dude, you'll be fine. I had a quad at 2.8, ATI 4850 512MB, 8GB ram, ran it at 720p with all details on high, no bloom, 4x AA, 16x AF at a solid 40-50 FPS. I have since overclocked my CPU to 3.4ghz and have a 5770 and am expecting a solid 60 FPS.

Lince

Banned
hopefully Amazon UK delivers my PS3 copy by the weekend, I heard AJ2good4u and FFO are the best chopper crew out there.

*fingers crossed*

LowParry

Damn. 6.2gig download. Probably take an hour or so for it to finish........

Edit: Staying stead around 2MB....verra nice...

Had planned on getting the game for 360, but can some kind soul out there enlighten me on whether my trusty ASUS laptop can run it?

Core 2 Duo 1.66 Ghz
Nvidia 9500m GS
4 GB RAM
Vista 32

As long as it is at a decent framerate and can run at 1280x720 in DX9, that's all I need.

Damn, Steam is getting hammered. I suppose I could do something useful, or just keep clicking install and hope for the best . . . ok . . . just a few more tries.

logen9999

Banned
steam released it but the servers are too busy to handle my request. i'm not going to act like i wasn't expecting this.

hopefully it will get resolved when i come back from work tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom