• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Mr. Snrub said:
So, I already sacrificed one of my Dr. Pepper codes earlier and it didn't work. Anyone care to try?

Sure I will just a sec.

edit: Well I have a choice between Mass Effect 2 or, umm Mass Effect 2.

edit 2: This is a screen cap of the site BC2 is not on the list yet.
2mzk28i.png

logen9999

Banned
mikekennyb said:
Had planned on getting the game for 360, but can some kind soul out there enlighten me on whether my trusty ASUS laptop can run it?

Core 2 Duo 1.66 Ghz
Nvidia 9500m GS
4 GB RAM
Vista 32

As long as it is at a decent framerate and can run at 1280x720 in DX9, that's all I need.

not with those specs. you'll have much more fun on the 360/ps3 version.

Alias03

Can anyone confirm if the store for the PS3 version is up yet? Couldn't get into it last night to get squad rush mode.

LowParry

Today does mark the beginning of March Madness Gaming Galore! From PS3 becoming Jesus, to IW getting swamped by guards. And now BC2 mayhem!

Alias03 said:
Can anyone confirm if the store for the PS3 version is up yet? Couldn't get into it last night to get squad rush mode.

It wasn't up as of 30 minutes ago. I was able to enter my VIP code but not my squad rush code.

Façade

Neo Member
Arcipello said:
hang on.... did he say that the "the PC visuals lag far behind the industry standards" ?!?!?

That's what I orginally thought, but I think he meant that the visuals lag behind the 'visual stalwarts' of the pc and not the console versions. I hope that's what was meant anyway :lol

tapedeck said:
Im off today, bout to go pick this up along with The Show 10...this day will be full of win. :D

Same here. I actually had to clean out some of my gaming collection to make room for the next 30 days worth of purchases. I got rid of The Show 09, Darksiders, and Borderlands.

I am getting ready to throw Modern Warfare 2 on ebay. I am fired up. The Show and Battlefield Bad Company 2 on my PS3 tonight. Heck, I still have to finish up my Heavy Rain Platinum.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GT review rocked.

Steam download is crawling. Pausing intermittently because Valve's serves are fucking slammed. Big surprise.

Thanks again, DICE and EA for the preload. Oh, right...that was reserved for the EA Store customers. Fuck you. Fuck you very much.

Volcynika

pixel monkey said:
Steam download is crawling. Pausing intermittently because Valve's serves are fucking slammed. Big surprise.

Thanks again, DICE and EA for the preload. Oh, right...that was reserved for the EA Store customers. Fuck you. Fuck you very much.

D2D got a preload, and apparently Europe people (who don't get the game till later this week on Steam) have a preload, at least that's what I think someone posted earlier.

But yes it sucked that NA Steam users didn't get one.

pixel monkey said:

Im guessing that was all EA, dev doesnt have any say over that. Doesnt make the lack of Steam pre-load suck any less

LowParry

KittyKittyBangBang said:
Im guessing that was all EA, dev doesnt have any say over that. Doesnt make the lack of Steam pre-load suck any less

Well, it was DICE who said they were having issues with the installer with Steam so...I blame DICE and Steam in this case.

CcrooK said:
Wow, PC lags behind? What a dumbass.
No, he certainly didn't said lags behind.

The guy said, although not literally, that there are visual much better looking games then Battlefield Bad Company 2 on the PC and that the standard for the PC is somewhat higher.

CcrooK said:
Well, it was DICE who said they were having issues with the installer with Steam so...I blame DICE and Steam in this case.

oh, didnt know that.

Pre-load should be an automatic option for all digitally distributed games IMO

Spl1nter

Prophet Steve said:

The guy said, although not literally, that there are visual much better looking games then Battlefield Bad Company 2 on the PC and that the standard for the PC is somewhat higher.

Crysis? Really there are not that many games that look better. Just take a look at some of the screenshots in the pc screenshot thread.

Prophet Steve said:

The point is that he's way, WAY the fuck off base. On a good gaming rig, the game looks better than the Holy Grail, the standards for far too many years now...Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

"The point is that he's way, WAY the fuck off base. On a good gaming rig, the game looks better than the Holy Grail, the standards for far too many years now...Crysis and Crysis Warhead."

Nah.

And while I can't speak for the PS3 version (simply because I haven't seen it), but the X360 version does look quite nice.

This is certainly a case of win-win for the console and PC crowds. As for me...I double dipped just for the couch comfort factor of my X360 and the superior online (and graphical) experience of the PC version.

Teknopathetic said:
"The point is that he's way, WAY the fuck off base. On a good gaming rig, the game looks better than the Holy Grail, the standards for far too many years now...Crysis and Crysis Warhead."

Nah.
Indeed. And maybe Metro 2033 since that one is coming out soon. Although there aren't many games comparable with battlefield. The giant battlefields with a lot of destruction aren't seen in many games.

pixel monkey said:
And while I can't speak for the PS3 version (simply because I haven't seen it), but the X360 version does look quite nice.

This is certainly a case of win-win for the console and PC crowds. As for me...I double dipped just for the couch comfort factor of my X360 and the superior online (and graphical) experience of the PC version.

couldnt agree more

Took forever to get it started, but im pulling a decent 700k from the denver steam server. (I live in utah).

After the screens from che and dennisK4 I can't wait to see how it looks on my 5850 in full 1080p/DX11. Going to be a long...long day at work.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow @ hardcore... seems so fucking hard.

Edit - game seems to crash on the stream :(

jamaniek said:
It's Shane Satterfield so it shouldn't be anything new. :lol
How can you be sure Shane wrote that review. they usually hand reviews around to the editorial team, sometimes they even outsource to freelancers for footage and insight on the game.

Either way, a solid 9 in all categories except for story, is expected of a Next Gen Battlefield game, regardless of the opinions given in the review. though i would have given the story at least an 8, considering it was bigger and better than BC1's story.

Arcipello

pixel monkey said:
The point is that he's way, WAY the fuck off base. On a good gaming rig, the game looks better than the Holy Grail, the standards for far too many years now...Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

i agree, the reviewer made it sound as though there are so many better looking PC games....which unfortunately there is not, crysis is the only one i would nominate for that prize.

what he should have said is "visualy it still lags behind crysis in some areas, but holy shit atleast PCs can run it well on release day"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom