• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arcipello said:
i agree, the reviewer made it sound as though there are so many better looking PC games....which unfortunately there is not, crysis is the only one i would nominate for that prize.

what he should have said is "visualy it still lags behind crysis in some areas, but holy shit at least PCs can run it well on release day"

So true.

Crysis is a beautiful game, but c'mon. It's not even doing half of what the Frostbite engine is pulling off in BFBC2. The simple fact that every blasted thing is just so damned destructible...so beautifully blown up good...breaks what could otherwise be considered a tie IMO.

pixel monkey said:
So true.

Crysis is a beautiful game, but c'mon. It's not even doing half of what the Frostbite engine is pulling off in BFBC2. The simple fact that every blasted thing is just so damned destructible...so beautifully blown up good...breaks what could otherwise be considered a tie IMO.

That's just flat out false, sorry.

RS4- said:
So uhh, server browser I see 3 servers even on refresh with various settings checked.

And quick join...for whatever reason takes me to a server that reqs a password :lol

edit - wow nm, it's because I didn't upgrade to a newer version of the game. Wtf

Thnx for the info. I was wondering why I was only seeing 3 servers last night and only 5 today. You'd expect an auto update to be standard. Guess I'm just spoiled by TF2's awesomeness.

"Crysis is a beautiful game, but c'mon. It's not even doing half of what the Frostbite engine is pulling off in BFBC2. The simple fact that every blasted thing is just so damned destructible...so beautifully blown up good...breaks what could otherwise be considered a tie IMO."

It wouldn't be considered a tie. Crysis is, unquestionably, a notch (or two) above Bad Company 2 visually. Bad Company 2 is a good (great!) looking game, but let's not get crazy with the hype over a game just because it's new and fresh.

pixel monkey said:
So true.

Since when can't you destroy stuff in Crysis? One of the best things about it. I don't think BFBC2 even comes close but I wouldn't expect a console port to, and graphics aren't a big deal to me anyway.

Cheech

Has anyone had a smooth game on the PS3 version? My buddy says he's getting game crippling lag.

My copy is sitting at home on the porch, and I really want to play this tonight.

Wow, amazing game. I picked it up spur of the moment. MW2 really, really turned me off with all its bullshit, but this is completely different. At least, it seems it now. The two feel like completely different games, they shouldn't be compared imo. Different tastes.

I wish it ran a little better on my pc, anyone have any optimization tips/guides? It just feels a little muddeled, but tahts probably because of all the crazy shit going on.

Feels like a huge battle going on, and all the classes are great. Epic.

BeeDog

Animator said:
Thinking about trading in mw2 for this (ps3 version)

What is the general consensus on the ps3 version?

Both are pretty damn similar, so you shouldn't be worried. :) Picking up the PS3 version as well, simply because I already have BC1 (Gold Edition) as well... gotta have some parity on my shelf!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Animator said:
Thinking about trading in mw2 for this (ps3 version)

What is the general consensus on the ps3 version?

It kicks just as much ass as every other version. It's all about choosing the game that suits your friends list.

Biff Hardbody said:
The two feel like completely different games, they shouldn't be compared imo. Different tastes.
This is how I feel as well - just because they have similar weaponry doesn't mean they're the same type of game. No one would try to compare UT3 to Red Orchestra just because they're both first person games with guns.

BigKaboom2 said:
This is how I feel as well - just because they have similar weaponry doesn't mean they're the same type of game. No one would try to compare UT3 to Red Orchestra just because they're both first person games with guns.

Yeah, exactly. When I first saw this game I thought, why do I need that, I played Modern Warfare. But, I wanted to shoot shit so I bought it. After playing this for a few hours, its entirely different. Just the same era. Thats it. Feels entirely different. Although there are a bunch of differences, BC2's scope really makes it a different experience.

Ikuu said:
It's £26 now and use the code VoucherCodes.com25% for another 25% off.
Well it must be back up now. Lowest I can get it to is £27.73 with that code. It's the Limited Edition digital version btw. Is there something i'm missing?

I wonder if this means that DLC will be provided through the Steam store, instead of the built-in EA store:

29y0c9i.jpg

Pennybags

dskillzhtown said:
Squad Deathmatch is CRACK!

I can't wait to try it out with my friends, but I'm worried that they probably won't take well to it.

Doomslayer said:
Download complete!

Now I just have to wait 20 hours for it to unlock. It's gonna be a long day

I feel for you, man.

BigKaboom2 said:
Since when can't you destroy stuff in Crysis? One of the best things about it. I don't think BFBC2 even comes close but I wouldn't expect a console port to, and graphics aren't a big deal to me anyway.

I don't think you can compare the two, but Bad Company 2 is doing it with not just a few huts/buildings destructible and 32 players. Crysis looks better, but it's not like its cut and dry.

DietRob

Menelaus said:
Thanks for the play by play, Marv Albert.

FFS man. Nearly every post I've read from you is laced with venom. Won't you chill out a little ehh?

Biff Hardbody said:
Wow, amazing game. I picked it up spur of the moment. MW2 really, really turned me off with all its bullshit, but this is completely different. At least, it seems it now. The two feel like completely different games, they shouldn't be compared imo. Different tastes.

I wish it ran a little better on my pc, anyone have any optimization tips/guides? It just feels a little muddeled, but tahts probably because of all the crazy shit going on.

Feels like a huge battle going on, and all the classes are great. Epic.

Turning off bloom in the config file and leaving HBAO disable netted most people around 10-20 FPS.

RbBrdMan said:
FFS man. Nearly every post I've read from you is laced with venom. Won't you chill out a little ehh?

Seriously. It's like the ugly girl at a party who tries to be snarky, witty, and sarcastic all the time, but really is just a complete asshole.

Animator

By the way is there a mw2 to bf2 transition guide somewhere?

I have never played a bf game before so t know what to expect but I remember hearing you are not supposed to play this like mw2 (ie: run and gun) Any tips for a newbie? :D

DietRob

Animator said:

I have never played a bf game before so t know what to expect but I remember hearing you are not supposed to play this like mw2 (ie: run and gun) Any tips for a newbie? :D

Check the OP there is a really good video on just that.

Animator said:

Stick with your squadmates.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The WW2 pistol needs toning down, hitting people with the LMG up close about 5-6 times and getting dropped by someone using the pistol in one or two shots.

LowParry

So what class is everyone rolling with? I'll probably be switching between Engineer and Recon. Blowing up tanks and sniping faces off is too good to pass up on. Plus the backstab engineer tool of death is better than a knife stab.

Pennybags

Animator said:

Dammit, Nabs beat me! The video he linked has some good advice and some laughs. I'd recommend it to anyone.

FunBoy

Also prepare to use some skill to play the game. Unlike any of the cod series its takes some actually skill to play it :lol .

Great quote from Eurogamer sums it up:

Quite simply, DICE understands that you don't necessarily need martyrdom perks, killer dogs or even hundreds of simultaneous players to make an excellent multiplayer game. You just need two very simple, yet often overlooked, factors: maps and balance.

CcrooK said:
So what class is everyone rolling with? I'll probably be switching between Engineer and Recon. Blowing up tanks and sniping faces off is too good to pass up on. Plus the backstab engineer tool of death is better than a knife stab.

I really switch it up, but I'm primarily assault and engineer. I'm medic in certain situations and I'd like to get into recon more, but I love me some assault.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey,guys with dedicated servers:
After fixing the OP i could put the server info. If you guys want of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom