• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm an engineer but I'll never kill enemies with my repair machine... why? I don't get any dog tags from it :(

Lkr said:
the gamestop card i got says for playstation 3 owners. better work with PC is all im saying

For squad rush? I think only the consoles were restricted for the 30day period. I don't know what the deal is with the AKS.

Game is great. Haven't really been playing conquest yet, but the other rush maps are fantastic so far.

Why were my repair tool, defib and sensor unlocked from the beginning? I keep trying to take medic kits from other people to revive my team mates (when playing as a different class) but a lot of the medics don't seem to have the defib yet.

Jtrizzy

Z_Y said:
Sorry to do this guys but I really don't have the time to read this whole thread and I don't trust anybody but GAF when it comes to this type of thing...but....

Any technical differences between the PS3 or 360 versions? Usually I go 360 but my Gold is up in May I may not renew it. I'm looking for a nudge to start getting my MP games on PS3 and if everything else is equal...this may do it.

They both look great. I played both versions extensively last night, of course I only played the multi though. The differences are extremely minor imo, most people won't be able to tell any difference.

Ryn

I'm downloading from steam right now..and it's taking forever...though it may or may not also be my internet connection.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Snrub said:
I don't think you can compare the two, but Bad Company 2 is doing it with not just a few huts/buildings destructible and 32 players. Crysis looks better, but it's not like its cut and dry.

I am very underwhelmed by the destruction in BC2. Everything always blows up in the same manner and the debris are all just vanish mysteriously. Sure the explosions look cool as hell, but it quickly becomes apparent that there isn't any dynamic destruction happening in the game. It still is very cool that destruction is part of the gameplay in multiplayer, though.

Anyway, I don't want to talk shit about BC2. It is easily my favorite shooter at the moment and it is an awesome game.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
I still havent heard if the day one DLC mapes are up? are they automatically part of the playlists? or do you have to download something?

Maps are supposedly available already, but you have to d/l them from the store, and the store isn't working yet.

Jtrizzy

I really wish they would get the store up, I was checking out the Dr. Pepper stuff last night on the 360 version and it looked pretty cool.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Z_Y said:
Sorry to do this guys but I really don't have the time to read this whole thread and I don't trust anybody but GAF when it comes to this type of thing...but....

Any technical differences between the PS3 or 360 versions? Usually I go 360 but my Gold is up in May I may not renew it. I'm looking for a nudge to start getting my MP games on PS3 and if everything else is equal...this may do it.
Its a great game on both consoles and PC.
Have fun!

EDIT: Got my avatar back! ^__^

anyone remember the line to put in your gamesettings file to only get servers you put? like if your in NY you put NY/PA/NJ? because I keep crashing every time I try the server browser.

Alias03

Z_Y said:

I have PS3 version and it runs like butter. Having read through most of this thread every post I've seen agrees that both console versions are identical. Hope that helps you.

Aesius

Man, I suck at this game so far.

I did good in the demo and dominated at 1943, but I am getting my ass handed to me. Guess I just need to learn the maps and the controls better.

logen9999

Banned
Zefah said:
I am very underwhelmed by the destruction in BC2. Everything always blows up in the same manner and the debris are all just vanish mysteriously. Sure the explosions look cool as hell, but it quickly becomes apparent that there isn't any dynamic destruction happening in the game. It still is very cool that destruction is part of the gameplay in multiplayer, though.

Anyway, I don't want to talk shit about BC2. It is easily my favorite shooter at the moment and it is an awesome game.

I can see your point. my counterpoint would be that the devs did the best they can with current technology. the only game that offers better destruction then bc2 is red faction.

i'm sure we'll see genuine dynamic destruction in the next console generation though.

NinjaKixx

Banned
As of now me and 5 other guys have bought this game...Since a squad can be only 4 men, can members from 2 different squads talk to each other (PS3 Version)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
NinjaKixx said:
As of now me and 5 other guys have bought this game...Since a squad can be only 4 men, can members from 2 different squads talk to each other (PS3 Version)
Nope.

Lkr

way to fucking go dice. server browser is still slow as shit.

i keep getting kicked as soon as i join a game too.

Lkr

just updated punkbuster, better fix problems. idk why they shipped with an old punkbuster for this game

MGHA

Launching bad company 2 right now on steam.

edit, I get an option to launch bad company 2, and an option to deauthorize bad company 2. Im not familiar with the term deauthorize. Enlighten me.

Falch

KittyKittyBangBang said:
WOW, there are dudes that are level 25, with 2,500 kills already :lol

http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/leaderboards

southpark_wow2.jpg

xclaw

Is anyone else unable to control the brightness and contrast in the ps3 version? You can change it all you want in the settings however it doesn't take to effect in game at all. You can crank the brightness up so that everything is washed out but the shadows are still pure black, can't see much at all in any map.

How in the world do I unlock the Garand? Im a battlefield veteran but nowhere in game can I see where the hell I'm supposed to input my email info or whatnot?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Worth playing for single player? Watched the Eurogamer comparison and thought it looked much more interesting than the first game.

bhlaab said:
This game is pretty ugly and has a 30fps framerate for my machine besides.
Is it limited to 30 fps on the PC?

Snapshot King said:
How in the world do I unlock the Garand? Im a battlefield veteran but nowhere in game can I see where the hell I'm supposed to input my email info or whatnot?
I believe when Battlefield 1943 is registered, which is not yet possible I think.

legbone

well, that figures. i picked this up at lunch and went home to eat. thought i would install it to the 360 and then head back to work. boom. open tray error. can't get it to work using the usual tricks (tapping above the drive, unplugging with tray open, etc.). this really pisses me off. i just got the damn thing back from microsoft a week and a half ago for the exact same problem. i swear they don't fix a damn thing. they just patch it up and hope for the best and have you send it in again when it fails. what do they not understand about "needs a new drive"?

Z_Y

Thanks for the input on the console version, guys. I have not seen anything on this game other than a snippet on Gametrailers on Spike. Been a BF fan since way back in the days of 1942 and didn't need anything to sell me on it. :D I'll probably pick this up on PS3 if my local shop has it in stock. PSN ID is Z_Y.

Mendelevium said:
Launching bad company 2 right now on steam.

edit, I get an option to launch bad company 2, and an option to deauthorize bad company 2. Im not familiar with the term deauthorize. Enlighten me.

The PC version of Bad Company 2 has SecuROM as a form of DRM. It allows for up to 10 activations and, if you want to say reformat or free up an activation, then you must de-authorize the game prior to doing either.

Lkr said:
way to fucking go dice. server browser is still slow as shit.

i keep getting kicked as soon as i join a game too.
yup same here, and when I use the play now to get in a server its empty :lol sigh

Yoshichan said:
I'm an engineer but I'll never kill enemies with my repair machine... why? I don't get any dog tags from it :(
There are times you will have to do it if you are an engineer and not a worthless drag on your team. One time in beta I ran out of ammo for rpg as the T-90 rolled passed so I sprinted after it with my repair tool. Best part about it was that another engineer ran up a few seconds later and we drilled that tank into oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom