• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendelevium said:
Launching bad company 2 right now on steam.

edit, I get an option to launch bad company 2, and an option to deauthorize bad company 2. Im not familiar with the term deauthorize. Enlighten me.
IIRC, On PC Retail version of BC2, when you install you get 2 authorization options:

1. Disc In Drive Authorization.

2. Internet Authorization. No disc required. (Limited to 10 Installs)

I'm going to assume since Steam uses the Internet Authorization (Limited to 10). Basically, you can get that Authorization back before you uninstall if you run the Deauthorization Tool.

So, DRM limiting your installs, but with a method to get installs back for reuse, ala' Crysis Warhead's Deauthorization Tool.

Lkr

fix kicking issue on PC by updating punkbuster!!!

RUNS GREAT! OMG! I'M IN LOVE! Better settings and better framerates with the final version. It is like a dream come true

JambiBum

so can anyone play regular rush? every time my friends and i try it kicks us to the dashboard when the map loads. other modes work fine

Mully

Prophet Steve said:
I believe when Battlefield 1943 is registered, which is not yet possible I think.

Really? I unlocked it no problem this morning. I think you just need to be a veteran, and link your gamertag with your EA account and the game will realize if you bought Battlefield 1943 through your gamertag.

BTW the M1 Garand is beastly accurate, but compared to other guns, the iron sights are pretty poor. Many times I found myself playing with the crosshairs too much to see the guy I am shooting at and then place the crosshairs back on the guy.

KillerAJD

Woo! Picked it up this morning. I wish the damn store was working, but I'm fine with playing the SP first.

sypbf8.jpg

*Sorry for the shitacular picture

Kibbles

Mr. Snrub said:
Hardcore server?
No. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. It was normal.

Also, I can't download the maps, it says I have already. Does the Limited Edition just come with the maps on the disc then?

I installed the game to my HDD of course :D

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Woot, finally picked this up for the 360.

Feel free to add me fellow GAFFERs

GT: pankaksreborn

EST.

Menelaus

Banned
Kibbles said:
No. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. It was normal.

Also, I can't download the maps, it says I have already. Does the Limited Edition just come with the maps on the disc then?

I installed the game to my HDD of course :D
This has only been answered numerous times today.

They are on your disc.

Mully said:
Really? I unlocked it no problem this morning. I think you just need to be a veteran, and link your gamertag with your EA account and the game will realize if you bought Battlefield 1943 through your gamertag.

BTW the M1 Garand is beastly accurate, but compared to other guns, the iron sights are pretty poor. Many times I found myself playing with the crosshairs too much to see the guy I am shooting at and then place the crosshairs back on the guy.

I am a veteran, now how do I link my EA account with my Gamertag? The veteran site doesn't have any actual options on it.

Quixzlizx said:
My PSN ID is already linked with my EA account, but BFBC2 doesn't seem to be registering on the Veteran site.

How do you do that originally? Also, 1943 doesnt give you anything to enter. You select it from the drop down and it just sits there.

Kuno

I NEED SCISSORS said:
So if the limited edition is just some early unlocks that are in the normal edition anyway, count me out - I will save my pennies.

The limited edition is the only version available at launch, and it costs the same as the regular edition anyway.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I NEED SCISSORS said:
So if the limited edition is just some early unlocks that are in the normal edition anyway, count me out - I will save my pennies.

It's the same price.

edit: beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom