• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The unlock from the LE that has the biggest effect is the tracer, and since everyone else will have it unlocked you don't need it anyway. The WW2 Pistol is a beast though, but you get that at rank 4 so it doesn't take long.

For anyone that doesn't know, you can edit the settings.ini to change the FoV, I'd set it around 85-90.

Kuno

Baby Milo said:
wait who what?

is the vip code all i need to get the extra mode or do i need to call gamestop?

You need a code from gamestop to get the Squad Rush mode unlocked, but check to see if it's on your receipt before you call 'em up (my code was on there).

Must be something different they're trying with preorder codes now.

Jtrizzy

My only issues: the store isn't up for PS3, and the Dr, Pepper stuff isn't up either. I was able to enter my VIP code fine, just can't get into the store.

dralla

ok, 2 things. the sniping problem is so much worse than demo. ive been in squads multiple times now that are nothing but recon, sitting behind rocks doing jack shit, on offense!

the second shotgun you get is fuckin ridiculous. I just went on a rampage with it, it has no equal at close range [yet]

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
zero margin said:
wow default aiming sensitivity is way too low.

Agreed. I was aggravated that every time I started the demo I had to crank it back up (almost to the top). I hope it saves the setting in the retail game.

So upon looking it up, found my old BF2 login, put it in, finally jumped from rank 0 (which makes no sense, cuz I had BC1 on there) to 1. And still nothing.

faridmon

just watched igns video review on this game........... perks? blah, i guess I'll just go on play MAG as my online game since i hated that in MW games.

DietRob

faridmon said:
just watched igns video review on this game........... perks? blah, i guess I'll just go on play MAG as my online game since i hated that in MW games.

This is not your COD type of 'perks' more or less just weapon attachment unlocks.
Check the OP for a rundown of them for each class.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
faridmon said:

It's nowhere near the bullshit levels as that crappy game =P

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got my internet back!
Gonna start fixing the OP right now!

dralla

faridmon said:
I think you have your games mixed up. there are no perks in BC2, but there are in MAG.

faridmon said:

They aren't perks that will turn you into a superhuman sniping cirque du soleil knife jabber, they are mostly equipment upgrades and customizations. Sites, scopes, mines, mortars, vehicle customizations (more shields vs more firepower), etc.

DietRob

Fersis said:
Got my internet back!
Gonna start fixing the OP right now!

curblarrydance.gif

Now maybe people will actually READ it

Rhino

*Gets off work*

ME: "Sweet BC2 is finally out on Steam!"

*goes to download*

Steam: "Servers are to busy to process your request at this moment please try again in a few minutes"

v3AlG.jpg

Rhino said:
*Gets off work*

ME: "Sweet BC2 is finally out on Steam!"

*goes to download*

Steam: "Servers are to busy to process your request at this moment please try again in a few minutes"

Keep trying, or change servers. It worked for me.

faridmon

RbBrdMan said:
This is not your COD type of 'perks' more or less just weapon attachment unlocks.
Check the OP for a rundown of them for each class.

Relix said:
It's nowhere near the bullshit levels as that crappy game =P

cheers guys, hype level rising.

MrCompletely said:
They aren't perks that will turn you into a superhuman sniping cirque du soleil knife jabber, they are mostly equipment upgrades and customizations. Sites, scopes, mines, mortars, vehicle customizations (more shields vs more firepower), etc.

still, doesn't that mean more ''equipment upgrades'' to whoever is better in a specific match?or is it like MAG where that upgrade goes to you as exp. to unlock more weapons permanently? if its the first option, i don't see how it differs from MW. its just less upgrade than MW but it still gives advantage to the better player.

dralla said:
I think you have your games mixed up. there are no perks in BC2, but there are in MAG.

huh? there are no perks in MAG. are you serious?

DietRob

faridmon said:
cheers guys, hype level rising.

still, doesn't that mean more ''equipment upgrades'' to whoever is better in a specific match?or is it like MAG where that upgrade goes to you as exp. to unlock more weapons permanently? if its the first option, i don't see how it differs from MW. its just less upgrade than MW but it still gives advantage to the better player.

huh? there are no perks in MAG. are you serious?

Yes. The "perks" give you permanent upgrades that you can use with your given class.

Baby Milo

Kuno said:
You need a code from gamestop to get the Squad Rush mode unlocked, but check to see if it's on your receipt before you call 'em up (my code was on there).

Must be something different they're trying with preorder codes now.

yup was right on there

thanks for the info

blahness

Menelaus said:
GAMESTOP PREORDER BONUS CODES ARE ON YOUR RECEIPTS.

VIP CODE IS IN YOUR BOX.

BOTH ARE ENTERED AT THE IN-GAME STORE.

glad my gamestop told me this.. i guess i have to dig through the trash when i get home

Jtrizzy

I really wish Sony had held MAG till this summer. Putting it out in between this and MW2 makes little sense. I tried the beta a few times for MAG, and it never clicked for me. I didn't like the animation it does when you aim at all. Not to mention they all cost 60 dollars, yet one has no campaign to go along with MP.

Levi

Banned
Never played a previous Battlefield. How bad am I going to get my ass kicked? Also, any advice as far as a good class for newbs?

moojito

Jtrizzy said:
I really wish Sony had held MAG till this summer. Putting it out in between this and MW2 makes little sense. I tried the beta a few times for MAG, and it never clicked for me. I didn't like the animation it does when you aim at all. Not to mention they all cost 60 dollars, yet one has no campaign to go along with MP.

I imagine it's like everyone trying to shove their RTS games out the door before starcraft 2 comes rolling down the hill. I'm sure the MAG folks getting their foot in the door when some people were maybe getting bored of mw2 but not yet hyped for bc2 was the best they could have hoped for.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
VsRobot said:
Never played a previous Battlefield. How bad am I going to get my ass kicked? Also, any advice as far as a good class for newbs?
My last Battlefield I played was Vietnam, like 5 years ago and I played that for 20 minutes then quit and never returned.

So basically, BC2 is my first Battlefield and let me tell you this. After 2 hours with the demo, I was topping the scoreboard (being first/second place in all the servers). How? Play smart, listen to the sound around you and play your class right! Also, do objectives and spot enemies with the back button!

You'll do it, I know it. I thought it was too late for me to join Battlefield but oh how wrong I was.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Menelaus said:

VIP CODE IS IN YOUR BOX.

What? They gave me a card with my unlock code on it. Weird they different stores would do it differently.

Edit - Nevermind, there is another code on my receipt. Hell, the people at my store didn't tell anyone, lol!

Jtrizzy

Not all Gamestops are doing the receipt thing though.

I posted some of this earlier but...I went to a GS about 20-30 minutes from the one I normally go to for the midnight launch. I get there, guy is telling us all of the codes are in the box etc etc. So I open it to check for the ak/squad rush code, because I know this guy has no fucking clue (he was a manager btw) it's not in there of course.

I call the guy out, he clearly gets confused. After that he hands me an email from his regional manager or whatever and asks for help. I discover that they needed to create barcodes (which the guy never did) He tries, with no success to do this and re print my receipt.

and yes I know that all Gamestop employees aren't idiots, but my god there is always something going wrong with these codes and preorder crap...

Anyway I went back to my normal store today to see if they could help, and they had physical copies of the codes.

mrwilt

Menelaus said:

VIP CODE IS IN YOUR BOX.

Bonus code was not on my receipt. My local Gamestop had cards with the code on it. VIP code was not entered at the in-game store, it was entered at the weapons and gadgets tab. PS3 here, so it might be different on the 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom