• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

cresto

cjelly said:
I think we can all agree that Conquest is the best game type.
Conquest is fun, but I do like the whole idea of Rush mode. It makes the destructability a lot more useful and actually apart of the game play. I always enjoy Conquest, but I think rush works best with this game.

Kibbles

I pre-ordered in full at my local Game Crazy, they said they didn't have it, even though I pre-ordered, I wasn't on the priority list or something I guess :lol So I take my money back, and just go over to the K-Mart next door and they have tons of copies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
PC GAF, i need your help:

1) One screenshot of each map.
2) If you have a dedicated server, give me the details and i will post it on the online matchup thread.

pix said:
How can i add the GAF server? Won't find anything i search for.

Type GAF. Search field seems cap sensitive. Searched with Gaf and it came out empty. Also, what happened to the match we had a few minutes ago? After the match was over, everyone got kicked out.

Sorry if this has been asked already:

How many bullets does it take to kill someone in this game? I prefer hardcore to regular in COD; ideally, I prefer Ghost Recon style 1 shot kills. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Also, are there any game modes where you do not respawn?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Nice to come home from a LONG day of work and see that I am getting dial-up speeds from Steam for a game I bought and was charged in full for over a month ago. grrrr.

Jtrizzy

Does anyone have a link to exactly what the Dr. Pepper stuff is? I know it was posted way way back...to far to find it.

blanky

pretty much posted by said:
Sorry if this has been asked already:

How many bullets does it take to kill someone in this game? I prefer hardcore to regular in COD; ideally, I prefer Ghost Recon style 1 shot kills. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Also, are there any game modes where you do not respawn?

There is no CS/Search & Destroy type of mode. But bullets are very lethal, well placed shots only take 5ish bullets. Hardcore is less offcourse.

There are Clan tags and the ability to host private matches (minimum of 8 people playing the game = minimum of squad rush)

CrazedArabMan said:
Amazing isn't it...

but seriously, not uncommon to see them working there, they love games too
The one at my gamestop was completely oblivious to many basic Gaming facts last time I was there.

The bitch didn't know what Steam was. Hell i bet digital distribution was an abstract concept to her.

Lucky you if your Gamestop Girl isn't just a cute empty shell.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They arent perks god dammit! They are specializations! :lol

Cuban Legend said:
The one at my gamestop was completely oblivious to many basic Gaming facts last time I was there.

The bitch didn't know what Steam was. Hell i bet digital distribution was an abstract concept to her.

Lucky you if your Gamestop Girl isn't just a cute empty shell.

The one by my college is nice, seems to know more than the guys that work there, the one near my actual house could be a different story only because I've seen them there only a few times but never had a question for them.

NinjaKixx

Banned
So let me get this right...On the PS3 version if I am playing w/ 5 of my friends 2 of us are going to have no way to communicate w/ the rest of the group? If so that is a huge fail. What is the fun of limiting a players ability to play w/ his friends?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fersis said:
They arent perks god dammit! They are specializations! :lol

Menelaus

Banned
NinjaKixx said:
So let me get this right...On the PS3 version if I am playing w/ 5 of my friends 2 of us are going to have no way to communicate w/ the rest of the group? If so that is a huge fail. What is the fun of limiting a players ability to play w/ his friends?
Remember that one time you should have been mad at Sony and not DICE?

Shuusui

Is the "Store" working for anyone? PS3 user here and it won't for me.

Subsequently, neither will the Dr. Pepper codes =(

Fersis

Fixed the OP (Except the screenshots :/) and added a review section.

U2NUMB

Ok I am about to throw things through a window.

I went into the store.. entered the VIP code as prompted... it said ok your good.. then I go and select Map Pack 1... it says.. well you need a VIP code... I enter it again when prompted... now it says the code has been used sorry.. you can buy a new one.

WTF... what am I supposed to do now?

NinjaKixx

Banned
Menelaus said:
Remember that one time you should have been mad at Sony and not DICE?

Remember when Dice should have thought to allow friends who have used the in-game invite feature to communicate in-game.

MMaRsu

Lunchbox said:
:lol

why do you even have that?

Oh the singleplayer is very cool dude, multi is fun too, but a bit buggy. If you like the universe it's worth it for the single player imo. I loved the predator/alien/marine missions. Finished the game on hard!

And I'm going to sell it cause I don't have any money ( my boss ows my two months pay but wont pay up the fucker ) and I don't play AVP anymore.. I loved the single player but the multi is almost dead ( but very fun ) yet I know I'll play BFBC2 more.. I honestly dont WANT to sell the game but hey..

Menelaus

Banned
NinjaKixx said:
Remember when Dice should have thought to allow friends who have used the in-game invite feature to communicate in-game.
Communication in-game was always squad-only with this game. Just because you happen to have more than 3 extra friends in your server doesn't make a difference.

Battlefield 2 was the same way, that's why people had teamspeak and vent servers.

Again, XBOX users don't have a problem here, so lay off DICE.

Beaulieu

cjelly said:
I think we can all agree that Conquest is the best game type.

In BC1 conquest sucked major ass. Maps werent made for conquest mode and it showed.
Cant talk about BC2 conquest mode yet.

U2NUMB said:
Ok I am about to throw things through a window.

I went into the store.. entered the VIP code as prompted... it said ok your good.. then I go and select Map Pack 1... it says.. well you need a VIP code... I enter it again when prompted... now it says the code has been used sorry.. you can buy a new one.

WTF... what am I supposed to do now?
It doesn't download anything. You should be good to go. Mine did the same and I've played on both maps.

U2NUMB

MotorbreathX said:
It doesn't download anything. You should be good to go. Mine did the same and I've played on both maps.

Nope.. I tried to join a game my friends were playing after I entered the code and it said I could not.. that I needed the map pack. I re entered and that is when my code became worthless..

Malvolio

I was a bit nervous about picking this up for the PC since my rig is starting to feel dated, but this game runs like a champ. Looks far better than what I was expecting. The 260 I picked up last year is the best gaming purchase I've ever made and somehow seems to be able to carry the rest of my aging system. Looks like I can put off the new system for at least 6 more months.

U2NUMB said:
Nope.. I tried to join a game my friends were playing after I entered the code and it said I could not.. that I needed the map pack. I re entered and that is when my code became worthless..
Don't know then. Sorry

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Malvolio said:
I was a bit nervous about picking this up for the PC since my rig is starting to feel dated, but this game runs like a champ. Looks far better than what I was expecting. The 260 I picked up last year is the best gaming purchase I've ever made and somehow seems to be able to carry the rest of my aging system. Looks like I can put off the new system for at least 6 more months.

what proc you have ram OS?

gillty

Banned
anyone getting this when the try to launch the game????

there is a problem connection to the server. please ensure your internet connection is active. if the problem persists try again later.
2133lkz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom