• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrmint

Wish the maps were a little bit friendlier for infantry combat. I know it is an overall battlefield but on the majority of the maps the tanks and helicopters seem pretty overpowered. I have been playing Engineer and it is pretty hard to take out a tank with the RPG you start with since the reloading is very slow on it.

I love Laguna Presa and especially White Pass.

TaKeRx

Are VIP codes working on the 360 version? Just got my copy, but when I enter the code it tells me it's either mistyped or already used.

Jrmint

TaKeRx said:
Are VIP codes working on the 360 version? Just got my copy, but when I enter the code it tells me it's either mistyped or already used.
Mine worked, make sure you type it in all caps and use the hyphens.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Violater said:
Wait so your telling me the voice chat is still fucked on PS3???
What was wrong with the voice chat on the PS3 version? I was talking to my friends in the squad perfectly.

Jtrizzy

Yeah the voice chat is still a big problem on PS3 for this game.

Also the STORE still isn't up, although that didn't affect my entering the VIP code, I have both of the maps they just get unlocked on the disc. Nor is the Dr Pepper stuff, which was supposed to be up yesterday.

gillty

Banned
Valru said:
anyone getting this when the try to launch the game????

2133lkz.png
^

U2NUMB

TaKeRx said:

I am getting that same error.. but after I already entered it and it accepted it.. maybe the store is down for the 360 or something. I sure hope so.

Violater

Yoshichan said:
What was wrong with the voice chat on the PS3 version? I was talking to my friends in the squad perfectly.

Someone with a headset please add me, could be none of these randoms have headsets.

Think of nearing the end of the campaign. I basically bought the game solely for the multiplayer, but that campaign isn't half bad. I'm enjoying myself. Can't wait to dive into the multiplayer later tonight though.

Jtrizzy

The issue is that you can only chat with squad mates. There is a way around this, but it sucks. If you aren't in a squad, it defaults to open chat to anyone else on your team not in a squad.

Of course, then you can't squad respawn so it sucks.

Skel said:
Wish the maps were a little bit friendlier for infantry combat. I know it is an overall battlefield but on the majority of the maps the tanks and helicopters seem pretty overpowered. I have been playing Engineer and it is pretty hard to take out a tank with the RPG you start with since the reloading is very slow on it.

I love Laguna Presa and especially White Pass.

Why would a single infantry soldier be able to take out a tank?

Teamwork, people!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
From what I've played so far Rush works better, it's not a better game mode but the maps are designed around it.

Violater

Jtrizzy said:
You need to clear some room in your friends list, it's full.
Ffffffffffffffff getting those mooches off :lol
got space for about 10 gaffers send invite with gaf name as well, if your name begins with Lince or FF then...............:lol

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Cuban Legend said:
The one at my gamestop was completely oblivious to many basic Gaming facts last time I was there.

The bitch didn't know what Steam was. Hell i bet digital distribution was an abstract concept to her.

Lucky you if your Gamestop Girl isn't just a cute empty shell.

if you ever head into the flagship GAME on oxford street, london, and half the "top sellers" shelf for consoles at the front of the store is filled with uncharacteristically obscure east-european pc games, it's likely that i've just been in there.

Ikuu

Edit the settings.ini file in My Documents/BFBC2 and I joined some server and couldn't use medkit/ammo box so I just quit and joined another.

So, I'm thinking about taking advantage of Gamestop's 50% trade-in credit deal. I want to trade in Modern Warfare 2 to get Bad Company 2, but I don't really know what they would give me for it since they can't tell you over the phone.

So, has anyone traded in MW2 today? If so, how much did you get for it?

EDIT: Or you could tell me how much you got it for without the deal, and I could just figure how much it would be with the 50% trade-in value.

Treo360

-Yeti said:
So, I'm thinking about taking advantage of Gamestop's 50% trade-in credit deal. I want to trade in Modern Warfare 2 to get Bad Company 2, but I don't really know what they would give me for it since they can't tell you over the phone.

So, has anyone traded in MW2 today? If so, how much did you get for it?
nm you said today

alright guys, im getting off work, im gonna go grab my copy from Gamestop, spend some time with the family, put the kids to bed, pork the wife, then its all about BFBC2!!!!

If you want a medic with an itchy defib trigger finger on your squad and you will be playing about 8:00pm Mountain time on 360....add Pojomofo

Ryn

This game is still downloading from steam at unbearably low speeds...it went from 28% to 37% over the course of 5 hours. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
13%, sweet jesus.

Lkr

Is it just me or is war tapes much better than the beta? i don't know if it was my hardware or what, but war tapes really kicks in now for me. i hear breathing and everything

Ikuu

Mr. Snrub said:

Teamwork, people!
You can take out a tank on your own pretty easily, run near it and throw down an AT Mine and then shoot it, only need one to destroy a tank. Of course that's a lot more risky than shooting RPGs.

LowParry

DarkAngelYuna said:
Anyone else randomly losing all their stats and starting back at the start in mp? =\ PC version.

Had that happen the first couple of games. After that it's been fine.

PC Gaf: Be sure to get your names up on the online meet up list and start requesting friend request in the BF menu. Add me so I can come and help snipe faces off! (Downplay)

Matty McDee

Neo Member
Quick question.

If I pick up my pre-order tomorrow, will I still get that code for the kind of "Cereberus Network" of Bad Company 2?

No_Style

Mr. Snrub said:

Teamwork, people!

Isn't it possible to take out a tank with one RPG shot from the rear?

You could also run up to the tank's blind spot and use the repair tool as an Engineer. :D

Lunchbox

Banned
so the vip code just unlocks a map on the disc :/

fuckers said "up coming map for free" on the box. LIES

TaKeRx said:

just worked for me after 4 tries. do all caps with dashes...atleast thats how the code was written on my paper

Matty McDee said:
Quick question.

If I pick up my pre-order tomorrow, will I still get that code for the kind of "Cereberus Network" of Bad Company 2?

Yeah, it is in the box, Milk and them are playing it now while I finish up 2 papers and surf GAF. :(

Tomorrow I expect you to be ready with your med kits in hand.

Olivero

Okay, I am beyond impatient for this game. Can I go buy it somewhere and then take my shipped copy back to gamestop when I receive it? What can I do here?

Jrmint

Mr. Snrub said:

Teamwork, people!
Yea that's a good point. But for the other part of my post, it would be nice if the maps were a little more balanced in the infantry standpoint. Not a huge deal though.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
dralla said:
damn I want to play but I feel a headache coming on. i hope this tylenol works :[

LOL don't play with a headache and fuck up your experience, take some pills and go to sleep for 2 hours or so

Yoshichan

Slayer-33 said:
LOL don't play with a headache and fuck up your experience, take some pills and go to sleep for 2 hours or so
Agreed to the max. First experience is always the most important one. Eat the pills, drink a lot of water, rest for a bit and see how things are :)

Matty McDee

Neo Member
CrazedArabMan said:
Yeah, it is in the box, Milk and them are playing it now while I finish up 2 papers and surf GAF. :(

Tomorrow I expect you to be ready with your med kits in hand.
I will try, I have to work but I'm not sure if I can get an advance.

I only need 30$ because I'm trading in MW2 but like I'm flat broke after coming back from the Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom